- Text Size +

CHAPTER 46 - FALLING, CORKSCREW AND TOTALLY TRYING TO SCREW


MICHAEL AND ETHAN’S HOUSE - NEXT DAY


LOUNGE


ETHAN


I hang up, and after what happened yesterday my mind is made up. I am not doing the sabotage thing, I can get my revenge on Justin by being much more successful than he ever will be. That prestigious place is far better than the piffling thing that he will ever do!


I think back to yesterday and wonder what else he is prepared to do to get his own way, save his own hide, get revenge. When he threatened both myself and Mischka, I thought nothing of it, but now I am not so sure.


“You’re up then?” I bite out as he comes down the stairs looking grumpy.


“What’s wrong now?”


“You own this house and you sent a prankster to ruin my date with Noel!”


He blinks a few times. “How did you know about the house, and what prankster?”


“Oh don’t do bafflement, you know exactly what prankster I am talking about! As for the house, I was at the attorney’s office, remember? I overheard. He was very cross indeed, wasn’t he?!”


He sits down and frowns. “If your date was ruined, how was Noel...you tricked me!”


“A prank for a prank! Now about the rent, I am no longer paying it since you clearly don’t need the money!”


“You have to pay the rent, I will have no other income!”


“How come? You still have…”


“My asshole attorney has told the courts that I own it, so I have had to take it off the market.”


“Take it off the…?” I scrub my face in frustration. “You were going to sell it and not say anything to me?”


“You’re not going to be here by the time the sale goes through. And besides, it is, as you have made clear, my house. You are my tenant, what I do with my house is my business.”


“You really are a piece of work, you know that? But there are many men in prison who are smarter than you, although they do have something in common with you.”


“What’s that?” He sneers.


“You got caught.”


“Being caught is one thing, my dear foolish Ethan, but going to prison is something completely different!” He sits back and looks very pleased with himself. “I have made a deal, so no prison for me. And as for her culpability claim, well I have a plan in place to make sure that she withdraws it.”


“What are...oh, never mind, the less I know, the better!” I stand up much to his surprise. “I am going out.”


“But what about practice?” He stands up and my stomach rolls as I catch a glimpse of his boyhood before he quickly closes his robe. “I have to get my moves right.”


“I have made a CD for you to practice with. I need to go to the studio and practice for my spot in LA.”


“But that’s months away, the show is in less than 6 weeks.” He whines. “I thought that getting back at the tick-du-jour was as important to you as it is to me?”


“It is, but today is one day! You can cope without me for one day!” I snap, and head to my room. “I’ll bring the disc down!”


Ten minutes later I drop the disc on the sofa, where he's stretched out watching cartoons. “I see that something has taken precedence over dancing. Well, when you do decide to get up and shake your thang, happy spronking!”


NOEL’S HOUSE/COOR PR - LUNCHTIME


WALK-IN


NOEL


I reach for her hair and slide it on. I reread the statement again. I don’t know why I’m bothering, as Brian has done an excellent job. We have been waiting for the right moment to release this, and this is it! Ted called me this morning to tell me about this deal that he wants, so I am going to fire my first salvo.


Straightening my skirt, and with a final swipe of lipstick, I pick up my purse and head to the Byham Theatre, where we are meeting.


INTEGRITY FINANCIAL SERVICES - AN HOUR LATER


TED’S OFFICE


EMMETT


I reach across and still the tap-tapping of Ted’s pencil on the desk. “Doing Morse Code is not going to get them to call faster.”


“I know. I just want them to call.”


“And they…” I begin just as the phone blares into life. “...see, there they are!”


He presses record on the system and then picks up. “Ted Schmidt speaking. Yes, Mr Hyde, we have received your message regarding a deal that your client wants to come to. What are the terms precisely?” He nods and frowns then frowns harder, shakes his head and then looks furious and then hangs up.


“How much can you tell me?”


“Nothing. I’m going to get a cup of coffee.” He gets up and closes the door behind him.


I wait for a few seconds and then hit play. My client is willing to return the remains of the money that he received from the court settlement, excluding the house, as he says that was bought from monies that he invested and was not part of the Big Q settlement. He is unable to return the original sum as it is held in escrow by the estate of Rodney Bellingham....


I hit stop unable to listen to the depths that he is willing to plunge to save his putrefying hide!


I look up as Ted comes in. “Thoughts?”


“He never liked Rodney, so it can’t be good if he is saying he had something to do with this.”


“No it isn’t. We need to speak to Vic and quickly!”


BYHAM THEATRE - AN HOUR LATER


NAOMI


“Thank you, thank you all for attending this press conference. As you know, this will be the first of many Annual Studs and Staffs Bash, and it is sponsored by the Sydney Philharmonic Orchestra, Kinnetic Inc and the Drew Boyd Foundation. This is the brainchild of Chyna Carrington and Sade Swanson, the co-owners of Babylon and the founders of the Babylon Orchestra. Tickets are completely sold out, but, the reason for the press conference is to make another announcement. Sadly, there are certain sections of society that, for want of a better word, are assholes. They are miserable failures, so can’t let other people be happy and succeed in what they want to do. I am here to tell you that whatever you have planned, it won’t work. In the highly unlikely event of you getting anywhere near the building, let alone the stage, know this….your dance and playing career will end. Permanently. Any questions?”


“Yes. Tim Foil from LA Times, you seem to know who you are talking to, can you let us know?”


“No, because if they have an ounce of brains then they will end their nefarious plans for revenge and notoriety, and will slink off without embarrassment or pain.”


“Meridah Fox from New York Gazette. You used to represent Brent Asher, can you tell us why that lucrative partnership ended?”


“For numerous reasons. Primarily, I wanted to start my own business, and I have, but mostly we had a fundamental difference of opinion.”


“Which was?” She tries.


“Unfortunately, my signing the NDA precludes me from speaking of this, but let’s just say his work ethic and mine began to differ greatly.”


“Hmm, I think a trip to LA is called for, isn’t it boys?!” She calls out, and there is a ripple of laughter. “There have been rumours that Mr Asher is having problems securing someone of your calibre to represent him, and as result he is haemorrhaging clients.”


“Alas, I can’t comment. I haven’t been approached by…” I am stopped as the door bangs open and the swaggering elegance that is Charlie Meadham strides down the aisle, followed by the entire string section of the Chicago Philharmonic.


“Hello, Naomi, where the fuck have you been?” He demands, coming to stand next to me and plants a kiss on my cheek.


“Uh, here.” I reply, my brow creasing with confusion.


“So the thing is, Chicago wants to keep Asher as a publicist, and, as you know the reasons why, I am not happy with that. They refused to consider feelings, so we quit.”


“You quit!” I gasp.


“Yeah. Like you said at the time, him watching us fuck was beyond creepy and if they want to continue to be associated with him then that’s their look out. I’m a free agent, we all are, and are in need of PR rep.”


The theatre’s silent as the press pack take on board what he has said. “Excuse me, Mr Meadham, did you infer that Brent Asher, the publicist to the music industry, watched you and your lover have sex? And, if so, is this why Naomi and him parted company?” Meridah asks carefully.


“That is what I was told. I have heard rumours swirling around about him for years and he didn’t exactly deny it when I confronted him. Seems he only watched gay couples, none of his straight clients had this problem apparently.”


I am dumbfounded by this turn of events.


“Miss Coor, have you anything to say about what Mr Meadham has said.”


“No comment. I can’t…” I rally. “...because of the NDA.”


“So, will you represent us then?” Charlie smiles at me and I can only nod before plastering on a smile and turning to the press pack.


“This conference is over. I need to speak to my clients, and…”


“Get him to sign a NDA fucking quickly?!” Meridah laughs.


“Absolutely!” I reply dryly, and within ten minutes the hall is cleared.


COOR PR, EARLY EVENING


OFFICE


NAOMI


I look around at the former string quartet of the Chicago Philharmonic and wait for Charlie to stop smiling. “Want to tell me what that was about?”


“Like I said, we quit, but not because of what I said. That was a bit of revenge on Brent, he’s been bad mouthing you and it got back to me. I told the top dogs and we had a set to and parted company. But they, like him, didn’t get me to sign an NDA, none of us have.  You’ve always done right by us, so…”


“You’ve destroyed him, you do know that?” I try to keep the glee out of my voice and the smile off my face. Then I frown. “What was he saying?”


“How he was always saving you from fuck ups and the many mistakes you made...just bullshit.”


“Oh.”


“So will you then? Represent us I mean?” Tristan Thomas, the second string violinist, asks. “I can tell her, right?”


“Yes.” Charlie waves at him to continue.


“We’re setting up a band!” He trills. “A bit like Escala, but with guys!”


“A band?” I echo.


“Yep. And we’ve got a record deal already, which is…”


“The real reason you left. Got it.” I nod and then reach into my desk drawer and pull out a file.


“NDA?” Charlie grins.


“Damn fucking right!” I laugh.


“So as a matter of interest, who is going to represent us, you or Noel?” Tristan looks over his glasses at me.


“Me or...how long have you known?” I murmur.


“A while.” Charlie smirks. “I want Naomi, she kicks some serious ass and wears ball busting shoes!”


“Naomi it is. Now sign!”


MICHAEL AND ETHAN’S HOUSE - SAME TIME


LOUNGE


ETHAN


Well, he’s finally moved from the sofa. Unfortunately, he has moved onto practicing. He has the headphones on and his dancing is reminiscent of the hippos from Fantasia, but without rhythm!


“Michael!” I yell for the fourth time, and on his twirl he notices me and, bizarrely, curtsies!


“I have added a few more moves, it’s an improvement.” He crows, then wipes his face and body of the streams of sweat. “Did you have a good day?”


“It was alright. So, apart from practising, what have you been up to?”


“Not much, watching TV and…”


“Of course you were. Which great animated opus was it this time?” I make my way to the kitchen.


“I watch more than that, you know!” He calls out. “Besides, I taped something for you.”


“And what’s that?” I come back into the room sighing.


“They had a press conference for their little event, and this silly bint was spouting some bullshit about…”


“Just press play.” I cut him off and sit down, managing to avoid his wet towel! Then I have to keep moving along the sofa as he sits closer and closer. “What are you doing? I am trying to listen.”


“Am I distracting you, Ethan?” He looks through his lashes at me and I tamp down my repugnance.


“As I said, I am trying to listen!” I snap and go and sit in the single chair.


“Got you to move, which is what I wanted!” He sneers. “I always get what I want!”


I turn back to the TV and listen to her words and get chills. When Charlie Meadham announces what Brent is suspected of doing, I feel a wave of revulsion and give Michael a quick look. With the way he’s been acting, he reminds me of Brent, and the recognition causes me to stand up quickly.


“So, what do you think?” He calls out as I head to the stairs.


“I think I am going to my room.” Then I stop just to check something. “I wonder who she was talking about.” He shrugs and scratches his ever expanding belly....him and Brent have far too much in common; stupid, arrogant and repulsive!


VIC AND DEBS HOUSE - THURSDAY MORNING


KITCHEN


TED


It’s been two days since we heard from his attorney, but Vic and Debs had gone to Florida for a convention of all things! She has again made money. Hand over Superhero fist, and rumour has it that he wanted to attend, but the ticket wasn’t deemed a necessary expense by his attorney!


I click on the kettle and pour the water into the mugs. “So what’s occurring?” Vic asks.


“Michael wants to make a deal. He will return the money that he has remaining, but...but he has said that he can’t get to the rest of it because it is in escrow in the estate of Rodney.”


“Rodney?” Debs goes pale. “Oh, what the hell is this shit now?!”


“Sis, remember your breathing exercises!” Vic orders, and gets her some water.


“I’m fine, Vic, I’m fine.” She gives a weary smile and sips the water. “So, what is he doing?”


“We don’t know, but we do know that he and Rodney didn’t get on, so why would he even infer that his estate has it?”


We fall silent and try to rack our brains. We are startled when Isla’s phone buzzes across the table. She reaches for it with a soft smile.


“Chyna?” Debs whispers, and I nod.


“Hang on, Chyna, let me ask.” Isla goes a bit pink. “I was talking to her about what he said, and she’s asked if Rodney’s estate is settled?”


“As far as I am aware, yes it is. There is nothing outstanding.” Vic replies slowly. “Well, I don’t think there is.”


“Can you check with his executor?” Debs starts to tear up. “You know what Rodney was like, always with the little surprises. I mean, when he died, he surprised me with these diamond earrings three months later, never taken them off!” Vic nods and heads upstairs at our frowns, Debs smiles. “All his paperwork is in his part of the sewing room…”


“For the last time, it is the Sewudying Room.” He gripes as he comes back with a business card.


“Sewudying Room?” I repeat.


“Sewing and study. Don’t ask.” Debs rolls her eyes at him fondly as he dials a number.


“Chester Rikard, please, it’s Vic Grassi. Yes, I’m very well thanks. Yourself? Great.” He sips his coffee. “Hi, Chester, I’m great. Look, I know that you can’t say much a…” He looks incredulous and then tearful. “Th...thank you, Chester. Tell me, did you tell anyone else about this? Thanks bye, Chester.”


We look expectantly at him and Debs hands him a tissue. “Honey?”


“Rod...Rodney has left me the remains of his estate.”


“So Chyna was right, it wasn't settled?” Isla questions and reaches for her pad to make notes.


“No it wasn’t. There are still the pensions to come. I inherit when I am 70, so next year. But nobody knew that.”


“How much did he give, a rough figure?” Debs asks, heading for more coffee.


“A million dollars.” Her cup crashes to the floor. “It seems that he has a stock portfolio, and had placed it in there. He also gave Michael some tips before he turned into an ass!”


“Well that would explain how he earned the money for the house so quickly.” I grumble.


“But not why he is targeting Rodney now.” Vic sighs.


“We will find out. This is Michael!” Debs shakes her head sadly. “But you can bet it will not be pretty.


HOCKING HILLS, OHIO - FRIDAY MORNING


JUSTIN


“Keep them closed!” I tell him firmly and guide him into position. “Twerp, will you relax?!”


“I can hear water, where the hell are we?!” He grumbles. “If my shoes get ruined!”


“Brian!” I snap, feeling exasperated. “You have not stopped bitching since we left this morning! This is supposed to be a romantic event for our anniversary, but if you want to fucking go…”


“Anniversary?” He questions tightening his grip on my pulling away hands. “What anniversary?”


“Oh, you are fucking kidding me!” I shout, and wrench my hands out of his before turning around and starting to head back to the jeep. “You can take the blindfold off now! You have completely…”


“Three months, four days...” He yells back. “...I am starting from our first row...” I come to a shocked halt and turn to face him. He is still where I left him, and has the blindfold on. “...and seven hours. Come here, Brat.” He puts out his hands and I walk back to him. “Want to show me yours then I show you mine?”


“You have bought me a present?” I start to undo the blindfold. “Don’t turn around yet. Have you bought me a present?”


“Yes, but it’s at home. You whipping me out of bed so fucking early and over here kind of derailed my surprise.” He laughs down at me and then swoops in for a hot kiss. “Still pouting?”


“No.” I start to turn him around. “Close your eyes and then open them when I say so okay?”


“Okay.” He chuckles.


“Okay. Now.”


BRIAN


For a few long seconds I just stare before I reach behind for his hand and pull him alongside me. “Where are we?”



“Corkscrew Falls in Hocking Hills.” He entwines his fingers in mine. “Which is in Ohio, and it’s ours…”


“You bought me a waterfall?!” I am gobsmacked.


“No, doofus! I hired it for the day.” He chortles.


“It doesn’t look real.” I breathe and start to pull off my shoes and socks. “Is there a cave in here?” I start to wade into the water. “Or any other nooks and crannies that could be excavated with nine inches of wet hot dick?” My answer comes when he dashes through the water, pulling off his top, and my dick locks on like a bubble butt seeking missile!


“Where is your phone, you Brat?! And tell me we at least have a change of clothes?!” I grab him and haul him, giggling, back against me. He squirms around in my arms and wraps himself around me. “Phone is where?”


“In the jeep...along with yours.” His kiss tastes of future hotness to come, I pull back slightly and raise an eyebrow. “When you were napping and power sulking, I snuck it out of your pocket.”


“I did not power sulk, I was rethinking my plans.” I roll my eyes at his snort of derision and look around. “Aha! I think we should go there first…” I point to an overhang just behind the waterfall. “...then go back to the jeep, christen that and then get some food.”


“Happy three months, four day and…”


“...seven hours anniversary, Brat.”


“Same to you, Twerp. Lunch will be served at 1230.” He purrs, leading me to the overhang. “I intend to work up a serious amount of appetite!”


BRGR, SPRINGHILL AVENUE, PITTSBURGH - AN HOUR LATER


EMMETT


I just love doing these things! I move the platter of sliders along so I can fit in the wings. I smile across the room at Drew and try to pretend that I didn't give him the rimming of his life this morning. He saunters over with a very naughty smile on his face. “How long do we have until you are free from all of this responsibility?”


“Another twenty minutes.” I reply, swatting his impertinent fingers away from the sweetcorn and crab poppers. “You are supposed to be helping by gladhanding, not manhandling the food!” I chide him. “Now go over there, you gorgeous monster!”


“If you insist.” He saunters across the room, twitching his tight end all the way! I hear that siren call and seek out Lucas.


“I just need to …”


“I bet you do, but before you go, seems that a vulture is in our midst.” He jerks his head across the room and there is all his spiteful glory is Michael!


“What the fuck is he doing here?!” I hiss, and inch my way out of his line of vision.


“No idea, but he’s down here as Michael Grassi, guest wise, which is why I didn’t twig at first.”


“Thanks for the heads up.” I watch Michael for a few minutes, but he is too busy trying to hoover up as much food as possible, I manage to get Drew’s attention, and, like me, his concupiscent thoughts die upon seeing him. “And now my dick is down, I might as well earn my living.” I sigh.


“Maybe he won’t stay too long.” Lucas suggests, and then rolls his eyes. “What am I talking about, it’s free food and booze! You know what? I think he would take food from a homeless person if he could get away with it!”


“True enough. Okay, let me go be fabulous!”


Two hours later the party is in full swing, and it seems that Michael has gone. Heaving a sigh of relief, I decide to signal Drew, he smiles knowingly and heads to the bathroom.


“Now.” I whisper to Lucas. “Definitely going now.”


“Enjoy.” He whispers back giggling.


STAFF BATHROOM STALL


Seems that we aren’t the only people with the same idea! I smile to myself as I check the first booth, and there is a pair of feet impatiently tapping, but they are not my Drewsie’s. I move to the next stall, and there are the feet that I know and love. I tap twice and the door opens, and before I can say anything his mouth has got mine deliciously occupied!


We are so wrapped up in kissing that it takes a while to register that the person in the next stall is talking, and that person sounds like a drunken Michael. We freeze and pray that nobody else comes in.


MICHAEL


I peer at my phone and blink. I didn’t think I drank that much, but I do feel quite drunk. I redial Ethan as he is no way in fuck stopping this.


“Ethan! Do not hang up on me! You are not leaving me in the lurch here, we are continuing the plan. I am not going there alone! I want that tick fixed! What do you mean do it myself?! I can’t do everything for fuck sake! Well, I will tell everyone that it was your idea! Unlike you, I have nothing to lose! And if I want something fixed, it is fixed, I already fixed it so that Jerry would never work in this town again. Now, are you listening? I thought you might be! We are going through with the plan! You aren’t going anywhere until it is done!”


This time I hang up on him and lean back against the wall. “Fucking Jerry and fucking Rodney! How dare they?! How dare they turn me down?!” I hiccup. “I could’ve done the manager’s job, but no, he had to recommend someone from another store! As for Rodney…” I hiccup again and this time I feel nauseous and swallow hard, it doesn’t work. “...oh that is not good!” I whimper and then lean over the bowl.


I feel a lot better now that my stomach is emptier, but my head is beginning to throb. Once again, I lean against the wall and close my eyes. I feel the burn of the tears of humiliation. “Fucking bastard. I was a much better choice than Uncle Vic, but no, he was in fucking love!” I wipe away the tears. “And the way he looked at me and told me to get dressed! I said I would pay him back, but he just laughed, well let’s see how funny he thinks it is when I tell the…” I hiccup again. “...tell everyone...what? What can I say that nails him and stops Mari...oh, that is perfect! He and Jerry tried to hook up, but at the last minute, Jerry changed his mind. Rodney still wanted to hook up, so he forced him, and...and…”


Again my stomach rolls and I know I have to throw up again. “Oh God, I need to get home and...and think some more, but at least I now have a plan!” I notice the puke on my shoes and wipe it off. “I know he has also left Uncle Vic some money, I can feel it. I have no problem, not one letting the Avenue know that their oh-so-precious diner owner associated with a rapist. He will want my silence, so they can pay the balance of the money to the Big Q! It is my money they have after all! And Marilyn will back off, that fucking snobby cow! She’s all about image, she would hate for it to get out that she is a widow because her husband was raped! Michael, you are a genius!” I praise myself,


I fumble at the lock and finally open it. Splashing some water on my face does help me feel better, I pause when I think I hear something, but then a sharp pain jags from one side of my head to another and I stagger out of the bathroom to go home.


DREW


I look at an incandescent Ems and he shakes his head. I keep my hand over his mouth while he takes some deep breaths. “Now?” I ask and he nods.


“You may be an evil genius, but you are a blabbermouth drunk!” Ems snarls. “I am going to leave Lucas to wrap this up. We are going to call Ted and Vic!”


“And say what, Ems? It is his word against ours, and…” I trail off when he shows me his phone, which has been recording. “...when did you?”


“The moment I recognised that cunt’s voice!”


MICHAEL AND ETHAN’S HOME - TWO HOURS LATER


OUTSIDE ETHAN’S ROOM


MICHAEL


I knock on the door and wait. I feel a bit guilty for threatening Ethan, but I was so cross when he suggested that we not do anything else, then had the nerve to say that his career is at risk as clearly they know something. “Ethan.” I call out and wait, then knock again. “I’m coming in now, we need to talk.”


I slowly push open the door and flick on the light. I blink a couple of times as it is a bit bright, and then stare at the emptiness of the room. Not only is it empty of all of Ethan's things, but he has completely trashed it!


“What the fuck?!” I exclaim and then I see it, the only tidy surface. Taped to the window is the CD, and under that is an envelope. I tear it open and then sink onto the bed as I read it; Michael, you seem to have forgotten what happened the last time you pissed me off, so here is a little reminder. In case you haven’t figured it out in that drunken mind of yours, I have left! You want to fuck over Justin and everyone else at The Bash? Then you wobble your walrus-like physique and do that on your own! But be prepared for the humiliating backlash...news for you, you can't dance for shit. In fact, I don't think you can do anything good except drop shit all over the place...word to the wise, aim for the bowl when you get to prison! Oh, by the way, I sent your Ma copies of the documents about this place. I should imagine that's how your attorney found out...now all you have to worry about is what else I sent to her, and what she will do with it. You could always call her to find out...or me. I dare you Mr Tick, I dare you!


I run downstairs for my phone and redial, putting it on speaker.


“Michael, good evening. You’re home early.”


“Yes, I’m home...where the fuck are you?! You are coming back right now to clean up this mess!”


“Am going to the airport for my flight to…”


“Ethan! I am sorry, is that what it will take for you to come back?” I wheedle.


“Nope.”


“What then? What do I have to say to you?!”


Silence.


“Ethan?”


Silence but then a gasp.


“Just tell me what I have to do?!”


“You can tell me why some guy has just given me his phone!” A strange woman’s voice comes over.


“Ethan, this is not funny!” I growl and then the screen flickers into life and there is a woman’s face looking at me with a very confused expression. “Who are you?!”


“The woman who was just handed a phone...a very nice phone by some random guy. Hey, buddy! Wait!”


I start to feel nauseous again, but this has nothing to do with earlier. “Your phone, you dropped it.”


“I didn't drop it…” I hear Ethan’s voice. “...you can have it. I have no use for it.”


“You’re not serious?!” We say at the same time.


“Yes. I have another phone all sorted out, and have backed up that one, so just do a factory reset and it wipes everything.” My heart starts to beat faster as Ethan's face comes on screen. “Yeah. So you need to go to here…” The screen goes dark.


“But what about the call?” She asks,


“Cut it off. He is not important, well not in anyone else’s mind anyway!”


“ETHAN!” I scream, but the call is cut off.


I keep redialling, but it keeps rolling to voicemail. Thinking about the note, I run to my room. I pull open my drawer, then yank out the files and start to check them, I can see nothing out of order in the first file, so start on the second. As I read, my heart sinks. On the document relating to the original house purchase, he has scrawled in one corner in bright red ink, Mr Tick. As I turn page after page the words stab me in my brain. Mr Tick. Mr Tick. Mr Tick


I run back down for my phone, and again call his number. Again it rolls to voicemail, but I decide to leave a message, as his kicks in I am brought up short when it starts: Michael, stop calling this number, it is a waste of your valuable free minutes. Besides, it will cease to exist soon enough. I have changed my number and am not going to LA Phil like I told you, so you can’t try and fuck me over from afar. Oh, and I have told Justin all about the little name you call him. Goodbye, Mr Tick...it has been an absolute displeasure to have known you.


I hang up and tears again clog my throat, for those words were exactly what Rodney said when he tossed me out of his hotel room after I found out that they were going on a romantic trip together. He let me help plan it, thinking I was being the good nephew, but I just wanted him to myself. So I turned up and waited...after that I hated him, but he promised to not tell Vic what happened. I have to give him that, he never said. Uncle Vic never found out...and he never will!






https://www.pamperedchef.com/recipe/Appetizers+%26+Snacks/American/Sweet+Corn+%26+Crab+Poppers/61746

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks.