- Text Size +

 

January 17

Justin cracked one eye and looked at his husband, reassuring himself that he was good and solidly asleep. Sighing when the soft, rhythmic breathing reassured him that Brian was indeed out like a light, Justin carefully slid out of bed, trying to make as little movement as possible. Brian had been a frustratingly light sleeper the past month or so, and it made his escape all the more difficult.

But this just couldn't wait any longer.

Slowly easing his way out of his bed, one eye on Brian the entire time, Justin shuddered as his feet hit the cold floor. Fuck it was cold, even through his wool socks. Silently crossing the room, Justin grabbed his thick robe and threw it on, tightly cinching the belt around his waist. So close to escape, just a few more feet.

He walked swiftly over to the door and opened it, wincing when it creaked, the whine of the hinges blaring through the room at a seemingly deafening level. Gritting his teeth, Justin cast a wary glance over at Brian, and then huffed a silent breath of relief when he saw that his husband hadn't so much as shifted in the bed despite the noise.

Slowly swinging the door open, Justin slipped out and then, twisting the knob so that the latch wouldn't catch in the grove when he closed it and, subsequently, announce his desertion to his slumbering husband, he just as slowly closed the door. Releasing the knob with another slow slide, he breathed a sigh of a relief as the door latch slide into the grove without a hiss or click.

He wanted to beat his head against the door for his sneaky actions; he really shouldn't be lying to Brian this way as it would come back to haunt him in the end. But did it any way, consoling himself with the thought that, if Brian hadn't been acting less than reasonable on this subject, Justin wouldn't have to sneak around his own damned house. And since he was being a controlling bastard, Justin was led to live a life of subterfuge; and, well, desperate times called for desperate measures as they say.

Tiptoeing down the stairs, Justin swiftly, and confidently, made his way through their maze of a house, thankful that he knew the floor plan like the back of the hand. Turning on lights would have potentially drawn attention to his flight and then he'd have to deal with his Supreme Overlord and his ridiculous demands.

It was sad when one couldn't enjoy the fruit of one's labor in their own damned house.

Walking silently into the kitchen, he cast one final glance over his shoulder, just to be certain that he hadn't been followed by his husband; and then smirked and closed the kitchen door when he realized that he was still alone. Striding over to the cupboard, Justin pulled down a large glass and set it on the counter. And then he walked over to the fridge and pulled out a gallon jug of milk before walking back to his glass. He filled it to the top with rich, frothy liquid and then set the container aside.

Just in case he needed more later on.

He then walked over to the cupboard that held all of his and Brian's small appliances; or, at least, the ones they didn't frequently use. Stooping down, he opened the cupboard doors and began shifting them around until he found the crock pot hidden in the back. Pulling it out, he set it on the counter and opened the top to reveal his prize.

Pulling several packets out of the box, Justin grabbed them, and his glass of milk, and then sat down at the island with his little treasure trove. Unwrapping one of the succulent, golden treats, Justin bit down into spongy goodness, and groaned with delight as the cake all but melted on his tongue. God, these were the best.

Taking a long drink of his milk, Justin hummed happily and then took another bite of the snack cake, making little, happy noises in the back of his throat as sugary cream filled his mouth. Really, he didn't understand Brian's objections to his favorite treat. It's not like he was running around, downing endless cans of tuna or trying to sneak sushi. Although, he did have to admit that he missed the latter.

Finishing off his cake, Justin grabbed a napkin out of the dispenser and wiped his hands before taking another long swallow of milk. He looked at the glass and realized that he was going to need more if he went through this amount with just one cake; and he still had three more to go. Standing, Justin walked over to the counter and grabbed the container of milk and brought it back to his seat.

Sitting down on the stool, Justin unwrapped a second snack cake and took a large bite, moaning as more golden sponge cake and white creamy goodness filled his mouth. He squirmed happily, feeling much like a naughty child having gotten away with some egregious transgression; and well, he kind of had, but needs must.

Swallowing the cake, he took a drink of his milk and had just set the glass down onto the counter when a voice broke the silence, scaring the shit out of him.

"Well, well, well," Brian drawled near his ear, sending Justin's heart racing double time as he almost knocked his glass over. Brian swiftly righted it before it tipped and continued on without pause. "What do we have here, Sunshine?"

"Jesus, fuck, Brian!" Justin hissed, scowling at his husband as he pressed a trembling hand to his wildly thrumming heart. "You scared the shit out of me."

"Did I?" Brian hummed crowding up against Justin's back, making Justin's breath hitch as his husband's body heat permeated his robe. Brian wrapped his arms around Justin's waist and yanked him back into the hard plains of his body as he purred. "I would hope that those moans were because you were thinking of me." Brian paused as he tilted Justin's head and swiped a small dab of cream from the corner of his mouth and held it to the dim light filtering through the window. "But somehow I don't think that's the case."

Brian held Justin's rapt gaze and sucked his thumb into his mouth, his tongue slowly flicking out and over the tip of it to remove the cream. Justin inhaled sharply as he watched that talented tongue slide back into Brian's mouth and lost all interest in his forbidden treat as his cock hardened, imaging that tongue elsewhere.

"Brian…" Justin whispered, and then shook his head, trying to dispel the enchantment Brian had cast over him with one simple gesture. "What are you doing here?"

"You know, I could ask you the same thing of you, Sunshine; but I have a feeling I already know," Brian said dryly as he released Justin and sauntered over to the counter and peered into the open crock pot with a smirk. "As for me, I felt it the moment you left the bed; because, in case you hadn't noticed, it's cold as fuck out. And I felt the chill as soon as you lifted the blankets. I watched you through my lashes as you tried so hard not to wake me; a foolish attempt by the way. You were acting so sneaky though, that I knew you had to be up to something; so, I waited for a couple of minutes and then followed you. And it's a good thing I did…"

Brian snickered and arched a brow as he reached into the crock pot and pulled out a box of Twinkies. Justin scowled, flew out of his chair and raced over to Brian, trying to swipe them out of his hand before he could do anything to them. Brian just snorted, a smug smile on his face and held them just out of reach, chuckling as Justin grappled with him and stood on his tiptoes in an effort to reach his treasured treats. But of course he failed as Brian had a good five inches on him in height.

Huffing, Justin gave up and stomped back over to the center island, throwing himself onto the stool in a high dudgeon; sneering at his smug husband, he quickly scooped up the remaining two Twinkies and shoved them into his robe pockets. Because like hell was he relinquish them any time soon. Brian just tipped the box into the light to get a better look at it and shook his head before tossing the box onto the counter.

"I should have known the only thing that could get you to make that particular sound - you know, besides me - is your forbidden Twinkies," he drawled, crossing his arms over his chest. "I thought we agreed that Twinkies were on the do not eat list."

"No, you agreed," Justin groused, stabbing an irritated finger in his husband's direction before jerking back with his thumb. "Me? I blatantly ignored you because it's my body and I will damn well eat what I want so long as it's not detrimental to me or Sunbeam."

"Justin…" Brian sighed, rubbing his hand wearily over his face when Justin cut him off.

"Nope, not going to happen, buster," Justin said, jutting out his chin. "The day you get pregnant, we can discuss what will and will not be consumed in this house. Until then, I will eat my damned Twinkies, and you can't stop me."

"We'll see about that," Brian muttered almost inaudibly as he strode back towards Justin.

"Yes, we will," Justin hissed defiantly, backing away from his husband, as he remembered all too well what had happened the last time Brian had discovered his secret stash of Twinkies. While it had initially been fun, his ass had been sore for days due to post glow and he could barely sit much to everyone's amusement.

"That sounded like a challenge, Sunshine," Brian purred, still walking towards him in an unhurried gait. "And you do know how much I love a challenge."

"Do your worst?" Justin spat, trying to sound confident in his stance, but the faint question at the end betrayed his uncertainty. And the asshole knew it.

"Oh, you're going to regret that, little boy," Brian chuckled, in full on predator mode by now; and fuck, Justin didn't think he could get any harder if he tried. "In the meantime, I have a better way to occupy your time rather than having you sneak around in the middle of the night, eating those disgusting snack cakes that you insist on buying. And mark my words; we will be discussing that, Sunshine."

"You'd have to catch me first," Justin stated boldly, a challenging grin on his face as he spun around and hurried out of the kitchen.

"Run while you can, little boy," Brian called, swiftly following on his heels. "Just remember that for every additional minute I spend chasing you, is one more smack on your pretty ass."