- Text Size +

 

January 22 – 20 weeks

Justin stared down at his phone nonplussed, and then blinked to make sure he was reading the display correctly. But no matter how many times he blinked the screen read the same name as it had when it had first buzzed. It wasn’t that it was unusual for Brian to contact him several times a day while he was away; it was that, usually, he refused to use the text function of his phone, preferring to just have an actual conversation so that no one could mistake his meaning.

He hadn't even been to tempt Brian into sexting with him on the few times he’d tied. Brian would just call him up and it would lead to phone sex instead. Albeit, it was glorious phone sex, but phone sex nonetheless;and when asked why he wouldn't, Brian just muttered something about liking to hear the sounds that Justin made when he was close to coming and walked off.

It’s why seeing a text notice from Brian completely threw him; especially when he was supposed to be in the middle of his presentation. Justin looked at his clock, and hummed. Okay, so maybe they were just wrapping up said presentation; the meeting had started about two and a half hours ago. There was a chance they were done by now.

Punching a couple of buttons, Justin pulled up the message and stared at in bewilderment. Although, he did snicker a bit as he could clearly hear husband’s bewildered tone blaring through his head:

Brian: Who the fuck names their kid Adelbert?

Justin shook his head; because he really couldn’t answer that question. That name was a form of cruel and unusual punishment; and he could only hope that the poor kid changed it when he grew up or he was going toend up hating life. He hurriedly typed back:

Justin: Someone cruel, who doesn’t care that their child will become the playground punching bag?

Justin shrugged and started to set his phone aside, willing to write the entire incident off as an anomoly, but was surprised when his phone buzzed again almost immediately. He unlocked his phone and barked out a laugh; he could just imagine Brian’s eyes rolling and his eyebrow rising as he drolly said:

Brian: I could have told you that, Sunshine.

Justin laughed again, and walked over to the chaise lounge that sat next to the ceiling to floor windows in his studio. It looked like someone was feeling chatty today. He quickly tapped out a message to his husband.

Justin: Who the hell is Adelbert? And please tell me you aren’t texting during your meeting. Because I have to say that it does not bode well for said client’s merchandise if even YOU can’t pay attention during the presentation. And you’re giving it.

Justin sat back and sighed as he stared out the window; he really hated when Brian was away on business. The house always felt cold and empty and their bed far too big; which is why he hated sleeping here at Britin when Brian gone. At least with the loft, it was a single room and didn’t seem to echo with the same level of emptiness. Plus, he was closer to everyone, so if he couldn’t stand the quiet any longer, he could always go to the diner or Babylon or Deb’s and someone was sure to be there to keep him company.

Sadly, he had to be out at the house this evening and part of tomorrow morning because he was in the middle of crating his pastels and charcoal drawings for Sidney. And since Sidney was sending a truck over first thing, at nearly the crack of dawn for some ungodly reason, Justin thought it would be better if just caved in and slept at Britin no matter how much he hated it.

Scrubbing his hand over his eyes, Justin looked down at his phone and smiled at the waiting message:

Brian: Of course, not; I am, as ever, the consummate professional. We’re taking a break so that Adelbert can make changes to the contract. He’s their financial advisor.

Justin chuckled and shook his head, his husband’s indignant reprimand ringing in his ears; he couldn’t help wondering why he was texting and not just calling him. But, then he figured it likely had to do with his current company, and the fact that he could pretend that he was checking e-mail or working on the campaign, and not texting his husband out of sheer boredom.

His fingers flew over the keys as he Brian exchanged the next several tests in rapid succession:

Justin: That poor kid never stood a chance. It was either become a kick ass financial advisor or a lawyer or be mocked endlessly for the rest of his days.

Brian: I don’t think anything can salvage that name. Promise me that you will never even think of doing that to Sunbeam.

Justin: Considering I saved your son from being named Abraham the first night we met, I think I’ve done well with the name game.

Brian: OUR son. There was one too many letters in that, Sunshine. But you do make an excellent point.

 

Justin grinned at Brian’s words, a warm glow suffusing his heart as he read the words 'our son.’ He’d never doubted that Brian saw him as one of Gus’ parents; or that Gus himself saw him as a father figure, but sometimes it was nice to hear. Especially when good ‘ole Mikey started making his snide comments or Lindsay was in one of her persnickety moods. Both of which seemed to be happening more and more often since he and Brian had made their baby announcement at Christmas.

Justin honestly couldn’t figure out what the hell their problem was; it wasn’t like his and Brian’s relationship was new. It’d been thirteen fucking years since he and Brian had first met and they were still together. Yes, they’d had their ups and downs that first five years. But after the bombing, and Brian had told him that he loved him and asked Justin to marry him, they had been solid.

It was almost as if they’d expected that New York would put an end to all of Brian’s and Justin’s plans, (and well, it almost had, but that was a sore point that he still didn’t want to think about), and that Brian would return to being the Stud as if nothing had changed. And sometimes, he felt that was exactly what they wanted.

It was difficult to feel superior to someone when that person was so much more successful than you were in all walks of life, including personal relationships; especially when that same person once derided any form of romantic attachment for most of their lives. Frankly, he thought they were jealous, because, despite their so-called maturity, neither Lindsay nor Michael could hold a proper, steady job, could afford a proper home without relying on their significant others, or even maintain a healthy relationship with those same significant others.

But he digressed.

Turing back to his phone, Justin grinned and fired off a text:

Justin: Speaking of names, guess what I found today?

He only had a moment to wait before Brian hesitantly texted back:

Brian: I’m almost afraid to ask knowing the kind of mischief you get into.

Justin rolled his eyes, and could just imagine Brian’s tongue in cheek smirk as he typed the words. Seriously, you call to be bailed out once and they never let you forget about it. It hadn’t even been his and Blake’s fault. They’d just been in the wrong place at the wrong time and had gotten caught up in someone else’s mess. Thankfully, the charges had been dropped once he and Blake had proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that they had no fucking idea who the guy was, let alone what the guy had been up to.

 

Justin: Ha ha, you’re hilarious. This:

 

Justin smirked as he sent it, just imaging his husband’s scowl. They had been at the bookstore a few days ago and Justin had suggested picking up a baby name book then and Brian had looked at him like he was crazy. He had no idea what his husband had against it, but had led to a resounding no.

Brian immediately fired back:

Brian: I am well aware of my rapier wit. And I thought we agreed not to buy a baby name book?

Tapping his finger against his bottom lip, Justin briefly considered drawing this out a bit longer just to tease Brian; but in the end, went with the truth. He really didn’t want to annoy his husband while he was still working on his pitch.

Justin: I didn’t buy it. It mysteriously appeared on the kitchen counter while I was at Bloom Gallery, along with this:

 

Brian: Mother Taylor strikes again.

Justin: Yeah, my bet is on her; but it could be Anna as well. God knows they are thick as thieves lately; and while mom has a key, I can’t see her using it to drop this off.

Brian: Well, Anna is back and they both love to have lunch together when you’re not there, so I’d say it came from both of them; they are forever conspiring against us. Gotta go; Aldelbert is back and the meeting is about to start up again. I should be out of here in an hour, but then I have dinner with the CEO and his wife after, so I’ll call you before I go to bed tonight.

Justin laughed at that. He could very well see his mother and Anna going for an afternoon of lunch and shopping, stumbling on the books and purchasing them for Justin to be ‘helpful.’ Or really, to annoy Brian since he’d defintiely told his mother about Brian’s reaction to the baby name book the other day; and if, at the same time, it meant that Brian gave Justin a hard time afterdiscovering said books, all the better.

His mother’s actions often held layered intentions; he’d known she hadn’t quite forgiven him for mouthing off the other day no matter what Deb had told Brian.

Biting his lower lip, Justin smirked, a wicked gleam in his eye as he sent one last text to his husband, knowing he was just asking for trouble when Brian returned from his trip. But he also couldn’t help himself. A frustrated, horny Brian was a fun Brian and Justin couldn’t resist fanning the flames just a little.

Justin: I’ll be ready and waiting, my dick hard and wet and my ass stretched and filled with your favorite dildo – you know the blue, nine-inch, vibrating, flexible one... God, I am hard and leaking just thinking about it now. Maybe I’ll get an early start…

Justin snickered as the silence from the other side drew out. He bit his lower lip and palmed his cock; he wasn’t lying when he'd said he was instantly hard just from the thought of tonight’s phone sex session. He might just have to take care of this in truth, otherwise he’d never get anything done and he really needed to finish these last two pieces for the show.

Sighing, he was just about to set the phone aside, thinking that Brian must have turned his off before Justin's message could go through. Too bad; it would have been funny to imagine him sitting through the rest of the meeting, his legs strategically crossed to hide his growing erection. But then the phone buzzed in his hand and Justin unlocked it, his breath catching and dick hardening further as he read his husband’s answer.

Brian: Fucking tease. You are so paying for this, Sunshine. Your ass is mine, little boy. I expect you to be in bed, lubed up, ready and waiting for me because I am going to fuck you into the fucking mattress when I get home on Friday.

Licking his lips, Justin stiffly stood and hurried to his bedroom for a nice, long, hot shower; he definitely needed to take care of his not-so-little problem if he had any hope of finishing what he needed to today.