- Text Size +

 

January 30

Justin leaned back against the cushion with a contented sigh, idly flipping through a parenting magazine that had mysteriously ended up in his messenger bag. Really, his mother was not as sly as she thought she was; especially given that there were several post-its with her writing on them marking articles of interest.

He shifted in his seat, wincing a bit as his ass was still a bit tender from the day and night before; when Brian took the day off to show him just how much he wanted him before Justin had the chance to work himself into an epic queen out. He grimaced, and still couldn't believe that he'd let that little weasel's words get to him.

Typically, Michael's words slid right off Justin's back because he had long since written the man off. He was polite, and even friendly at times, with Michael when they were in a group setting; and absolutely professional when it came to working with him on Rage. But, most of the time, there was just too much bad blood and spite between them for Justin to actually call him a friend. And the only reason Michael was even still part of Justin's life was the fact that he was Brian's oldest friend. And that was all he was in Justin's mind; he couldn't in good conscience call Michael a best friend, because what kind of friend routinely pulls the shit that he does?

But, Michael had found, and torn into him, at a weak moment that day; which was the only reason he'd given the little shit's words any consideration at all.

He'd just found out that his clothing no longer fit him, which meant that he finally had to break down and go shopping for maternity clothing. On top of that, Brian had been away for two nights, so Justin hadn't been able to sleep all that well. Plus, Brian had been so busy with back-to-back meetings and wining-and-dining his clients that they hadn't had the time for their typical hour to two conversations before they went to bed. Add to that interfering mothers, and know-it-all-WASPs, and this odd feeling that he was being watched lately; and well, Justin wasn't really in the right frame of mind to deal with a Novotny Special.

And the little dickwad always knew just where to strike for the maximum pain.

Inhaling deeply, Justin counted to ten in his head and slowly relaxed his muscles; it would do no good to get worked up over the petty, little asshole's words again. That is exactly what he was hoping for and Justin wasn't going to give him the satisfaction; especially when Brian had gone above and beyond to reassure him.

Flipping the page, Justin raised his eyebrows as he read the title of one of the marked articles – How to Pick a Name for Your Baby. Humming under his breath, he settled down to read it, as this was actually something that could be useful. Outside of Brian mocking poor Adelbert's name (and seriously, who the fuck names their kid that?), they really hadn't talked about baby names outside of saying 'we are never naming our kid this.'

Like Adelbert.

Or Tiberius.

Or...well, any name that Michael came up with because it was likely comic based.

Justin had just gotten into the meat of the story when the scent of vanilla, apple and sandalwood filled his nose; he smiled and tipped his head back, accepting the soft kiss on his lips just as Brian wedged himself behind Justin. He closed his eyes, and just breathed Brian in, the familiar scent and presence going a long way towards loosening the knot that had grown in his stomach since his encounter with Michael.

"What are you doing?" Brian asked, pressing a small kiss to the hollow of his ear; his hands massaging his neck and shoulders, releasing even more built up tension.

"I'm reading an article on how to pick a name for the baby," Justin murmured, enjoying the feel of Brian's hands on him; there was nothing better in the world than when his husband's hands were on him.

"What's so difficult about it?" Brian quipped, sliding his arms around Justin's neck and pulling him back against his chest. "You pick a name you like, tell the doctors; they put on the birth certificate. End of story."

"It's not as easy as you'd think," Justin said, opening his eyes to focus back on the article, his body much more relaxed now that Brian was there.

"I have the feeling I'm going to regret asking this," Brian sighed, maneuvering Justin until he was sitting between his legs, flush against his crotch. "But why isn't it that easy?"

"Well there are several things to consider," Justin said, instantly taking on his 'teacher voice' as Brian called it; the one he used when imparting some random fact or he was being Brian's personal public service announcer.

"Like?" Brian asked, obviously humoring him.

"Like the initials," Justin said, coming up with a name with the letters he wanted off the top of his head and using the one listed in the article as it would work with their combined named. "Like I certainly wouldn't name our child Fiona Aileen or Zachary Ian."

"Well, neither would I," Brian scoffed, his nose scrunching in disgust at both names. "But I'm not seeing the significance."

"F-A-T," Justin spelled out and then paused to flash a knowing look over his shoulder before spelling out the initials for the second name. "Z-I-T."

"Hey, there is a 'K' in that last name as well," Brian protested, but did acknowledge the unfortunate letter groupings with a grimace.

"Kids aren't going to care about that, Brian," Justin said, recalling all too well what little assholes his classmates had been when they'd found out that Daphne's full name was Daphne Isabel Chanders. And wow, had she ever been pissed when she'd made the connection herself; she'd quickly changed it as soon as she was old enough to do so. "They are cruel, vicious, little animals when they get to a certain age and all they will see is 'FAT' or "ZIT' and our child's school years will be an absolute nightmare."

"Point taken," Brian nodded, running his fingers along Justin's arm, sending a delicious little shiver tripping down Justin's spine; a planned move judging by the smirk pressed against his neck.

"We also don't want to name our child something that everyone else is using," Justin said, a bit distracted by the lips tracing along his neck and jaw line. "After all, how many Jacksons and Madisons are in Gus' class?"

"I don't think we need to worry about that," Brian murmured, his hands running down Justin's sides to his waist, pulling him further into the vee of his legs.

Justin gasped at the feeling of Brian's erection pressed firmly against his ass; and then groaned. While he'd love to turn around, straddle his husband and do something about it, he didn't think he was capable of doing anything at the moment. Squirming against him, Justin smirked as Brian hissed and clamped his hands on Justin's hips to still them; it was, however, very gratifying to know that his husband wanted him as much as ever.

Especially given yesterday's near meltdown.

"Although, I would kinda like to keep the family tradition of using a derivative of the grandparents name for a middle name," Brian continued, wrapping an arm around Justin's waist. "My mom may be a vicious waste of space, as are yours and my dads. But your mother is a saint and both sets of our grandparents are amazing. We could draw inspiration from them."

"I'd like that," Justin smiled, loving the idea of a girl with his mother's name; or even a boy with Brian's middle name, which had been his paternal grandfather's name. "And I think they would too. Although, Deb and Vic were more your parents than Joan and Jack; so, don't forget them."

"They would be good role models too; or would have been in Vic's case," Brian agreed, a thread a grief running through his voice even all these years after Vic's death. He cleared his throat and rested his head on Justin's shoulder. "So, what else does this article tell you?"

"Oh, well." Justin looked at the article, as he hadn't gotten that far into it yet. "It says that we should also pay attention to the significance of the name – like the meaning of it and, as you just pointed out, potentially using family names. And also making sure that the names age well; names like Rain or Peach or Lucky might sound cute now, but when they get older, they might just murder us in our sleep for encumbering them with that name."

"THAT will never happen," Brian emphatically stated, shuddering at the examples that Justin had given. "I have far better taste than that; and if you even tried, I would knock you out, name the child while you were sleeping and deal with the consequences later."

"So, no Sunbeam or Sunray Taylor-Kinney in our future?" Justin asked, his tongue pressed into his cheek, snickering when Brian glared at him.

"I'm not even going to dignify it with an answer," Brian muttered, flopping back against the couch cushion with a disgusted look. "Sunbeam is perfectly suitable as a nickname, but if you even try to name our child that, there will be severe consequences."

"Depending on said consequences," Justin mused, a wicked gleam in his eyes. "That might not be the threat you think it is."

"Twat," Brian huffed, but the amusement in his eyes belied the gruffness of tone.

"Your twat, "Justin murmured, not expecting his husband to hear him."

"That's right," Brian said, wrapping his arms possessively around him. "All mine; and don't you ever forget it."

Justin smiled and leaned back against his husband, reveling in that little glow that washed over him every time Brian made these little declarations. He traced his fingers over Brian's thigh, doodling random shapes and words into it.

"You know," Justin said thoughtfully, as he swung around and straddled his husband's thighs, pinning him to the couch without much effort. Although he'd lost all interest in the magazine, as there were far more interesting things to pay attention to; like the very hard dick pressing into Justin's ass, he did want to address the matter of the name. "We should each take some time and write down some of the names we like; then see how they match up, and what are names we both can live with."

Brian's breathing hitched as Justin slowly kissed a hot trail up his neck, loving the way Brian shuddered beneath him. He might not be up for a quick fuck, but there were other things they could do to take care of Brian's not-so-little problem. He licked Brian's lower lip begging for entrance.

"Sounds like a plan, Sunshine," Brian murmured against his lips, his eyes hot as he cinched his arms tightly around Justin's waist, crushing him against his body. "In the meantime, I need to take a shower, and am in desperate need of someone to scrub my back; any takers?"

"I can do that," Justin murmured, squeaking when Brian growled and clambered off the couch, his arms still tightly wrapped around him. Brian palmed his ass as he swiftly headed down the hall towards their bedroom, their lips sealed tightly together as Brian drank him down like a man dying of thirst.

Yeah, he could definitely do that.