- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

So, I tried writing this installment all day yesterday; for hours I sat there and stared and wrote and rewrote the first four paragraphs and just couldn't get the vignette to flow. Finally at 3 a.m., I gave up and decided to try again in the morning. So today (or well, Friday) I scrapped it all, and made one minor change to the scene in the first paragraph. In the first attempt, I had Brian leaning against the rail and Justin sitting. My muse did not like that all and refused to cooperate. As soon as I had them sitting together, it all came together. I guess my muse was done with their fighting as much as I was. So, sorry for the delay and I hope you enjoy this one.


 

March 24

Brian leaned back into the deck chair and smile, Justin firmly secured between his legs as they stared out at the ocean; it was cold as fuck out, leaving him and Justin buried under several blankets, but the sunset had been far too spectacular to miss. He stared out at the surprisingly smooth water, spread out for miles on all sides of the yacht, and was thankful once again that Justin had made arrangements with Drew to get them out of Pittsburgh and onto their 'honeymoon' yacht.

Not that he had been at first.

He had to admit, that when Justin had first suggested that they leave Britin and head for neutral territory before they tried talking again, he had been more than a little skeptical. It had already taken them three tries before they could manage to say anything with out screaming at each other; he really hadn't seen how switching venues would make a difference when it came to resolving all the issues between them.

If anything, he had been worried that it would be more of a hindrance than a blessing given their penchant for 'discussing' their issues very loudly; and he'd been uncomfortable with the thought of trying to do so in an impersonal hotel room. Even if they'd managed to snag a suite at this late date, the mere thought of potential neighbors being around to overhear them hash out their grievances had made him cringe. They'd done enough airing of their dirty laundry.

At the same time, Brian had also been feeling stifled in their house, and needed a breather himself, so he'd put himself into Justin's hands and cautiously agreed to his plans. He'd just been so glad that they weren't yelling for once, and actually listening to what the other had to say rather than talking at each other, that he would have agreed to travel into hell itself at that moment. And he hated his mother.

It wasn't until they were on the road and headed for their destination that he'd gotten an inkling of Justin's plans, and then he'd felt like an ass; he should have known the sentimental twat would never go for something so plebian and impersonal as a hotel room. Justin had always planned big when he was trying to make a statement. Sort of like when he let Brian know that he would always be the only man for him.

When he pulled up to the marina, and walked down to where Drew's yacht was docked, a busy hive of people around it stocking everything they could possibly need, and likely a lot they hadn't, something tight inside had loosened, had uncoiled and he felt like he could breathe again. He looked over at a hesitant Justin and kissed him softly on the temple; a smile of relief spread across Justin's face ass he tangled their fingers together.

He grabbed their case and tugged Brian down the walkway with an enthusiasm that made Brian laugh; he'd tugged him into the master suite cabin they were using, if anyone could call this thing a cabin. It was so ridiculously over the top luxurious that even Brian, who always wanted the best things surrounding him in his life, (after all, he had Justin), had winced and called Drew a prima donna.

It was beautiful though, and the view from the room was spectacular, so he couldn't complain. Plus the bathroom was more than worth the extravagant price tag he was certain that Drew paid for it. But he digressed.

As soon as they'd gotten into the room, they'd set their problems aside for the evening and were all over each other, just like their first night over five years ago, the first time they'd shared this room. Of course, things were different now. Justin's pregnancy alone made things interesting; but he'd always been up to a challenge.

They'd made love deep into the night; with the yacht gently pulling away from the shore at a time he couldn't quite pinpoint, but somehow knew as he could feel the strain and stress slip away with every kiss, and touch, and slide of skin, as well as every mile they put between themselves and land. And then they had fallen asleep next to each other, with Brian getting the best night's sleep he's had since Justin's show opening.

This had been exactly what they needed to get back onto solid ground; even if hadn't been smooth sailing the entire time they had been on it. That was to be expected however given the number of unresolved issues between the two of them.

They'd woken up the next morning, refreshed, and had a fantastic breakfast on the balconyoutside their bedroom, brought to them by one of the crew that had made themselves mostly invisible this trip; likely warned away by Drew. It left them recharged and ready to face their problems, so they'd adjourned to the sitting room.

And there they had sat down, paced, and hashed things out to the best of their abilities, including getting into yet another minor argument; or as Justin would term it, a heated discussion that sent Justin storming off to the kitchens and Brian off to the gym. They'd spent the next hour fuming, with Justin talking the chef's ear off as he defiantly gorged on Twinkies, (Brian could tell because he could taste the cream lingering in Justin's mouth when they'd kissed and made up), and Brian working off some steam on the treadmill and the rowing machine.

And then they came back together in the sitting room, with Brian immediately pushing a still tense Justin up against one of the windows. He slowly took his husband apart with his lips and teeth and tongue until Justin was a hissing, writhing mess, demanding to be fucked right the fuck now unless Brian wanted to get thrown onto the floor and ridden as if his life depended on it. So, Brian dared him to go ahead and try it.

Best decision ever as his twat had risen to the occasion in more ways than one. He really didn't even mind the bruise he'd likely have on his shoulder from hitting the ground when Justin had sent him toppling over; and then he'd climbed on top of Brian as if he were a prized stallion at the rodeo and rode him until they were panting and shaking and utterly sated, lying next to each other in a sweaty heap.

They'd lay there, replete and naked as the day they were born, and talked out the remaining issues until they'd reached, if not a satisfactory resolution, at least they'd come to a truce. That really was the best they could hope for given their lingering hurt feelings; the rest would be worked out over time.

Was it all that surprising? They'd always done their best work when they were naked.

Shifting in his seat, Brian pulled Justin further into his arms, and buried his face into his hair; he inhaled, sighing when the scent of sandalwood and citrus filled his senses. God, he'd always loved the way Justin smelled. Pressing a kiss onto the top of his head, Brian let himself think about the conversation they had after lunch.

 

"So where do we go from here?" Justin asked, his naked body sadly hidden from view by the sheet covering him to his chest; he was curled up on his side, staring up at Brian, who also was lying on the bed next to him, his head propped up on one hand.

"I can't let this go, Sunshine," Brian said, tangling their fingers together on the bed between the two of them. "Not with Lindsay; not with Simon. I get that you have been thwarting them the best you can; but, something more permanent needs to happen. It isn't right what they are doing to these artists."

"But what can we do?" Justin huffed, falling onto his back, taking Brian's hand with him so that both of their hands were resting on his baby bump. "As I said before, it's not like he's drugging them or holding them against their will like Sap was; they go into these parties knowing full well of what is expected of them."

Brian huffed as well, and scoot closer, grabbing a pillow to prop him up as he stared down into Justin's face, which was still flushed from their last bout of lovemaking. And God, that he could even say that without cringing these days still struck him as odd. He ran his hand over Justin's stomach, smiling when Sunbeam seemed to kick in approval.

And then he sighed; he knew that Justin was right to a degree, but he couldn't let this slide; not when this asshole had tried to hurt his Sunshine. It didn't matter that Justin was far too smart to fall for his bullshit; all that mattered was that he and Lindsay had attempted it, and for that they had to pay the consequences.

"And yes," Justin continued when Brian didn't say anything. "It's morally wrong to hold their careers over their heads, and it is sexual harassment, but how do you prove it? It's not like they work for Simon; he just introduces them to 'the right people' and those people take it from there. And these kids won't talk. They don't want the backlash associated with coming forward."

But Brian just couldn't look at it that way.

"There has to be a way," he disagreed, pressing their linked fingers against Justin's mouth when he made to protest. "His actions are abominable; bring that to light and he will become a pariah. People won't want to touch him with someone else's dick."

Justin sighed, and ran his free hand through his hair; he rolled his lips under in that way where he was trying to hold something back. Brian arched a brow; there was no way that he was going to allow any more secrets between them at this point. It's what always got them into trouble in the long run. Justin sighed again.

"Brian, people know," Justin said, an unhappy frown pulling at his lips; Brian rubbed his thumb across Justin's cheek. "It's the worst kept secret in the business; they've taken a don't ask, don't tell approach to it. As long as they can claim that they don't have any actual proof, only rumor and innuendo, they'll turn a blind eye and deaf ear to it."

"I think you're seriously underestimating of lot of things, Sunshine," Brian opined, shaking his head when Justin scowled and went to protest once more. "One of those being your own pull in the art world." Justin paused, a thoughtful expression on his face as he considered Brian's words. "You are currently its darling; that's why Simon is reluctant to blatantly move against you. He knows that if he tried to take you on, he'd lose all credibility; especially with the way he talked you up in his article."

"And?" Justin asked, raising his brows; but his husband couldn't help looking a little smug at those words; and he should be. Justin had worked hard to get to this point.

Brian grabbed his pillow and plopped down on it in order to get more comfortable, still facing Justin, their faces only inches a part as Justin turned his head. He tucked his free hand under the pillow to support his head as he turned more fully onto his side. Justin grabbed a pillow and then rolled on his side to face Brian; and then he stuffed the pillow under his belly for support.

"And what would to happen if you," Brian said, running his fingers through Justin's hair. "And those like you, successful artists, with faithful followings, were to boycott anyone that subscribed to that mentality? What if you refused to do openings for these galleries that support Simon's little games? What if you refused to go to these influential backers parties? Or you won't talk to a particular reporter or patron because of their links to Simon? And what if it wasn't just you, but your entire little band of artists?"

Justin chewed his bottom lip, still looking a bit uncertain, but a new spark of determination was dawning in his eyes at the same time. So, Brian went in for the kill.

"How long do you think they'll remain blind to what's happening when it ultimately hurts their pocket books?"

Justin hummed, but Brian could see his mind already at work, thinking of all the possibilities, working out angles and potential allies in his little coup. Brian smirked, knowing that anything Justin put his mind to it was nearly a done deal; he's always been a persuasive little twat and was like terrier with a bone when he latched onto a project. Simon's goose was already cooked and he didn't even know it.

"I guarantee you, Sunshine," Brian continued. "You get a large enough band of outraged artists, and pit them against these assholes that are looking the other way; faced with the prospect of decreasing sales and prestige when people go to other galleries and parties and whatnot, they aren't going to back Simon for long."

"That could work," Justin said slowly, his hand cradling Sunbeam. He winced and then rubbed at a particular spot, and Brian guessed the Sunbeam was probably awake and kicking right now. "Provided that we can get enough artists to agree to it."

"I have no doubt that you can, Sunshine," Brian said, letting go of Justin's hand to rub his stomach. "You are nothing if not persistent and can talk the most stubborn person around to seeing things your way. I should know."

"I'll think on it and talk too a few people," Justin muttered, his mind already miles away figuring out all the logistics. "Get their opinions, see if it's plausible." He paused and looked up at Brian. "What about Lindsay?"

"You leave Lindsay to me," Brian stated firmly, a grim smile on his face; he was still having a heard time with what she'd done to both Justin and himself. He'd thought that he'd resolved all this shit years ago, only to find out that there were layers to the situation that he hadn't known about.

"Brian…" Justin said, an irritated moue on his face.

"No, Justin." Brian said, again keeping his tone firm, so that Justin wouldn't try to talk him out of it. "This is something I should have handled a long time ago; you will have your hands full with the Simon thing. Lindsay has been pushing me for a while and I haven't been as firm as I should have been. I guess a small part of me kept hoping my Wendy would emerge from the harridan that has taken her place. That all died the day I watched the two of you fight and she admitted to trying to sell you out to Simon."

And it had. Any small spark of hope that Brian had been holding inside that Lindsay would one day wake up and realize that she actually had a pretty damned good life had ended the moment he'd seen the hatred in her eyes when she looked at Justin. There was no way in hello that he'd let someone like that stay in his life.

Not even te mother of his firstborn.

"I've threatened to implement my safeguards a couple of times," Brian continued with a frown. "But I never followed through, hoping that she'd back off so I wouldn't have to go through with it. Only now, she's getting cocky again, thinking I won't actually do it. She mistook my lingering fondness of the girl I knew in college, and not wanting to hurt Gus by cutting her out of our lives, for me being weak and under her spell. Well, it's time she realized that her pull over me ended years ago, when a stubborn, blond twat stood under a streetlamp, completely tipping my world on its axis."

Justin smiled that Sunshine bright smile that had always made Brian melt into a puddle of goo and had him moving heaven and hell to give the twat anything and everything he wanted. And he knew it as well; which is why he'd used it on Brian in his studio yesterday to convince Brian to go away. Manipulative brat. And then he sobered.

"And Blaine?" Justin asked, shivering as he said the name; Brian wrapped his arm around him and pulled him close. He didn't blame Justin for being creeped out by this guy. Brian himself shuddered every now and then remembering the time he'd been involved with him; he hoped that his actions hadn't painted a target on Justin's back.

"Blaine is trickier," Brian hedged, running a hand up and down his husband's back. "I hate to say this, as I hate inaction; but I don't think there is anything we can do at this point. We have no idea where this asshole is or his motivations. The best we can do is just keep our eyes open and let the police handle it. I know that Tak has working on this every free hour he can get."

Justin nodded.

"Are you going to tell him your suspicions on Simon," he asked, his eyes growing heavy even as he tried to hold on long enough to finish their conversation.

"Yes," Brian said firmly, ignoring Justin's exasperated huff; Brian shook hi head. "No more secrets, Sunshine. He needs to know that this guy has reason to silence you since you've been nothing but a thorn in his side since the day you met. And let's face it; you were the one that got away."

"I'm not the only one," Justin pointed out; and Brian did have to concede that point.

Between Justin and his friends, several artists had been pulled from Simon's grasp before anything to egregious could happen. But that wasn't why Justin was still a prize in Simon's eyes. Justin hadn't just been convinced by those older and wiser than himself to stay away; he'd resisted the so-called temptation on his own. He had built a career on his own with nothing but sheer determination and hard work. He was the darling of the art world, and people listened when Justin spoke. And that made him dangerous to people like Simon, who were in love with their own power, yet terrified some new, young thing will come into the game and knock them from their pedestal.

"No, but you were the first that slipped his net," Brian said, trying to explain to Justin just where Simon and Lindsay had gone wrong with him. "Lindsay for some reason saw your drive as an artist and mistook your need to succeed as 'a desperation to succeed.' She should have known better; you've never been someone to fall into line and cow to another's whims or demands. She'd become blinded by what she thought she saw in you, rather than what was really there. It was her downfall."

Brian blew out a harsh breath. He'd had a long time to think about this during his walk yesterday, as well as the time he'd spent brooding in his office; and he'd come to the realization that Lindsay had expected Justin to do what he'd always done – refuse any kind of help from Brian and insisting he do it all by himself. It was one of the traits that Brian loved about Justin – his stubborn, independent nature. It was also the thing that annoyed him the most as it often put Justin in a vulnerable position.

So, when Justin planned on leaving, Brian had put his foot down when he started making noises about finding his own place and seeing if he could find work at a bar or a diner somewhere; and he'd told his Sunshine that there was no way in hell was that happening. If he thought for even one second that Brian was going to sit there worrying about him night after night, wondering if this was the night some asshole broke into his apartment and robbed him blind or worse, he was delusional.

So, he'd made him a deal; Brian would take him on as an independent contracted artist, who would work with Brian exclusively; and in return, Justin would be his eyes and ears in the city. And if Brian had worked in a few added bonuses into the fine print of the contract…well, that what happens when you don't read it all the way through.

"She also didn't expect you to be so well off when you went there," Brian said, his eyes growing dark with anger. "I'm sure that she thought you'd be living in a crappy apartment in a crappy neighborhood with little to no studio space, working three jobs to make ends meet. She didn't expect me to take you on as a freelance artist; and she certainly didn't expect me to work a studio and an apartment into your contract as a side benefits to your employment."

"That was particularly sneaky of you," Justin huffed, now only mildly annoyed that Brian had done that; at the time though, he'd had a very livid Sunshine pounding on his door.

Not that Brian had cared; he'd just stared at Justin with a bland smile and told him that he had signed the contract and now he had to live with it. And if it bothered him so much, that Brian was happy for him to pay it back in trade. That had been rather inspiring of him if he did say so himself; as Justin had growled and then taken out his frustrations at what he'd dubbed Brian's controlling tendencies out on his body.

It had been win-win in his opinion.

"Did you honestly expect me to let you live in a rat's nest," Brian huffed, propping himself back up on his arm and hovering over Justin. "Please, as if I'd ever sleep in something like that. I once told Ian that there was nothing glorious in being a starving artist and I hold to that. No way in hell was I going to let you go to New York without a safety net."

"Interfering, controlling asshole," Justin muttered, groaning when Brian just grinned unrepentantly; he really should have learned a long time ago that Brian always gets his way in the end.

"You love me anyways," Brian smirked, dropping a soft kiss on his mouth. "Now back to Simon. You were the first to slip the net; but you were also the person who has encouraged others to do so. So, yes, I think he's a threat and needs to be watched."

 

"What are you thinking about?" Justin asked, breaking into his thoughts; Brian shook his head and smiled down into his husband's pensive face.

"Lindsay," Brian said; and then he sighed and pulled the blankets closer around them. They'd have to move soon as it was nearly dusk and the wind off the ocean was getting colder and colder. "And what needs to be done."

"Are you really going to have her rights revoked?" Justin asked, worrying his lip between his teeth; Brian reached over and gently pulled it out from between his teeth, rubbing the red, swollen flesh with his thumb.

"If I can, yes," Brian said, dropping his hand. "I think that we have a good chance."

He leaned back into the chair with a sigh; this was a move that he hadn't wanted to make. But after hearing everything that Lindsay had done, and more, the fact that she wasn't even repentant or remorseful of her actions… Well, he couldn't leave Gus in to be raised in that toxic environment. As, while Mel did kick Lindsay out; the girls had a bad habit of sweeping things under the rug and forgiving each other eventually.

Hopefully that would happen in this case.

"I'm in a different place in life these days, Sunshine," He continued. "I'm now happily married, and have been in a monogamous, steady relationship for five years; I'm living in a home that has plenty of room for children and have three thriving businesses. Four, if you count the fact that I am a silent partner in yours and Sydney's gallery. She doesn't have the hold over me that she once did."

"Do you think they will grant it?" Justin asked with a hopeful look on his face; and Brian smiled. He loved that Justin had always treated Gus as if he were his own child.

"I don't know," Brian shrugged. "But I have to try; and the fact that Gus wants to come live with us is a positive note. He's living in a toxic environment, and I can't stand by and watch him wither away in that house. Although, I don't want to cut Melanie completely out; and if he wanted to stay with her now that she's booted Lindsay to the curb, I'd be fine with that. For all that Mel and I butt heads on how to raise him, she is a good mother."

"I just worry as the courts tend to favor the mother," Justin said, bringing up a valid point; and one that had Brian hesitating years ago. Things were different now.

"They do," Brian agreed, running his fingers through Justin's hair, a gesture that was just as soothing for him as it was for Justin. "But here is the difference from last time – she has no home as of this moment since Mel kicked her out, she only has a part-time job that it sketchy at best and doesn't pay enough for her to live on, let alone support a child, her marriage is ending and she has no hope of getting adequate support from that avenues due to her past indiscretions and infidelity. It doesn't look good for her."

"I hope for Gus' sake it works out," Justin murmured, he grabbed Brian's hand and pulled it back under the blankets, tangling them together.

"So do I, Sunshine," Brian sighed, squeezing both of Justin's hands. "So, do I."

They fell into silence as the brilliant pinks and oranges of the sunset cooled and faded into blues and purples; and Brian smirked each time Justin pulled out his camera to capture the scene. He had a feeling he'd soon be seeing another series of paintings or pastels based on all of the pictures that Justin had snapped today.

Justin took one last photo and then closed the lens and turned the camera off. Leaning forward, he carefully packed the camera away and then leaned back into his original position. Brian shivered as the blankets had gapped, letting the cold sea air in. It was definitely time to start thinking of going back into the room.

"There was one thing I was wondering," Justin said, huffing as he maneuvered around in Brian's lap so that he was now sitting with his ass on one side of Brian's legs and his feet planted on the other side. Brian arched a brow, and would have offered to help, but he didn't want to get his head bit off by the fiercely independent, hormonal twat.

"What's that?" Brian asked, wrapping his arms back around Justin as he got settled. Justin rolled his lips under and fixed his worried gaze onto Brian

"Who was in the media room when the live feed came on?" he asked nervously.

Brian winced; he really didn't want to think about that. He'd put off the numerous questions that he'd gotten via text and voicemail over the past two days as he'd been more concerned with Justin and working things out. But he knew that sooner or later, they'd have to face the inquisition, and he wasn't looking forward to it. But Justin didn't look as if he were going to be as easily put off.

"Carl and the kids were there originally," Brian reluctantly said, holding up a hand when Justin tensed and his eyes widened in apprehension. "But I got them out of their before they could see anything." Justin sighed in relief. "The ones that saw the whole thing were Emmett, Ted, Tucker, Liam, Deb, your mother, Mel, Lucille, Yasmeen and Daphne."

"Oh, fuck," Justin cursed, his tone hushed as he stared at Brian with no little amount of horror. "How the fuck is she still alive?"

"It wasn't easy," Brian admitted, huffing out a laugh when he remembered Daphne tearing into Lindsay like a wild cat; he was disappointed that he hadn't thought to record it. Justin would have gotten a good laugh out of watching his spitfire bestie spitting in Lindsay's face. "Especially when our favorite hellion went after her."

"Oh, fuck," Justin said again, still looking terrified. "What did Daphne do?"

"Don't worry," Brian said, dismissing Justin's concerns with a wave of his hand. "Sadly, Liam pulled her away before she could get more than one swipe in; although, she did spit in Lindsay's face as she was being hauled up the stairs."

Justin snickered at that; his eyes dancing with amusement and pride. Brian knew that he would enjoy that part of the altercation. And then he sobered.

"And no one else did anything?" Justin asked skeptically, already bracing himself for whatever news Brian might impart.

Brian didn't mind the skepticism because he too had been surprised that none of the other women had gotten their licks in while he was still sitting there stunned. But then again, he'd just assumed that they had been equally as shocked by the virulent words exchanged between Justin and Lindsay, and they hadn't been able to react either.

"Surprisingly no," Brian said with a shrug; he really wasn't worried about it. He knew that eventually it was going to sink in and then Lindsay will wish she were dead by the time they got done with her. It couldn't happen to a nicer person in his opinion. "I showed her the video feed, she tried to tell me it wasn't what I thought, and then I got pissed and dragged her up the stairs and threw her out of the house as you well know."

"Shit," Justin cursed again, dropping his head into his hands; Brian snickered. "That means they're plotting."

"Probably," Brian agreed; smirking unrepentantly when Justin shot him annoyed frown.

"You sound far too happy with that," Justin accused. Brian shrugged; as he said, it couldn't happen to a nicer person. "Brian, you know we need to keep an eye on them; who knows what chaos they'll cause."

"Fuck that," Brian spat; annoyed that Justin was even thinking of stopping them. "Lindsay is on her own; I'm done saving her ass from her own stupidity."

"Oh, fuck Lindsay," Justin huffed, waving that thought away with a flick of his hand; and Brian sent him a sheepish grin. Good to now they were on the same page. "I was thinking about the fact that if we don't rein them in, we'll end up having to bail them out of jail; and that would not be good."

Brian snickered, dodging when Justin went to smack him on the arm.

"I'll concede to your point," Brian conceded, trying to look as if he gave on shit about it; but he failed miserably based on Justin's annoyed expression. Brian shrugged again. "I'll be sure to remind not to get caught."

"You're no help," Justin huffed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Sorry, Sunshine," Brian said, not sounding sorry about it at all. "I'm not helping with this; I know better than to stand in those women's way. You're on your own."

Justin grimaced and conceded the point; getting in the way of one of them when they were on a rampage was risky; trying to stop the whole contingent of them when they were on the warpath was suicide. Brian was so not getting in their way.

"Now, are we done with this?" he asked, starting to sit up. "Because we still have one more thing to deal with before we go home

"What's that?" Justin asked warily.

"Well, by my count, we fought with each other at least three times," Brian smirked, as he moved Justin's legs off of him. "That means I'm owed three rounds of make-up sex."

"But last night we…" Justin huffed, but his eyes sparked with interest.

"That wasn't make-up sex," Brian said, pinning his husband into the corner of the couch. "That was just you being irresistible and me being unable to keep my hands off you. It only becomes make-up sex once we've actually resolved our issues."

"Is that so?" Justin asked with a coy smile, his eyelids falling half-mast as he tipped back his head and looked up at Brian through his lashes.

"Yes," Brian smirked, running his hands over Justin's body, pausing to cup and squeeze his already hardening cock. God he loved that his boy still got hard at the drop of a hat. "Yes it is; hence you owe me three rounds of make-up sex. I thought you might like to get started as you are going to be a busy little bee."

"Well, I wouldn't want to deprive you of your just dues," Justin murmured as Brian's head descended and his lips covered Justin's, his tongue flicking out to taste them. Justin groaned and wrapped his arms around Brian as he deepened the kiss, their tongues teasing and tangling with one another until they broke for air.

"That is very wise of you, Sunshine," Brian said as he scooped his husband up and carried him into the bedroom where their very comfortable, and much warmer, bed waited. "Very wise indeed."