- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Something a bit more light-hearted for you today after yesterday's nastiness. Saturday from Brian's perspective.


 

February 1 (Part Two)

Brian stirred and blinked against the soft grey light spilling in from the window. He yawned and stretched, and then smiled to find a warm bundle of blond snuggled up to his chest. Turning further on his side, he pressed a kiss on Justin's forehead, closing his eyes as he lingered for a bit. He wasn't surprised to see that Justin was still sleeping as they had a long, active night.

In fact, just thinking of it made his dick twitch with renewed interest.

Pulling Justin against his chest Brian rained kisses down over his cheeks and jawline and neck, all the while rocking his hips up into his husband's. Justin snuffled and buried his face into Brian's chest, and then arched like a cat as Brian ran his hands down his back. Making a little noise in the back of his throat, Justin pulled his face away from Brian's chest and blinked lazily, his eyes still blurry from sleep.

"Good morning, Sunshine," Brian smirked, dropping a kiss on his nose.

"Morning," Justin murmured, his voice sleep rough; he blinked again and yawned, and looked around, likely searching for a clock. "What time is it?"

"Just a bit before nine," Brian said, reading the number off of the clock on the nightstand just over Justin's shoulder. He pressed a soft kiss against Justin's shoulder as Justin groaned and buried his face back into Brian's chest.

"I thought you said we were going to sleep in," Justin whined, but then flopped onto his back as he realized there would be no more sleep that morning.

"This is sleeping in," Brian smirked, leaning over his husband to pepper kisses along his neck and chest, tracing his way down to his nipples.

"Maybe for you," Justin grumbled, and then his breathing hitched as Brian's lips closed over one of his nipples. Justin buried his hand into Brian's hair and sighed, murmuring almost absentmindedly. "But for the rest of us sane people, that definitely means after ten at the very least."

"But if we do that, "Brian said as he pulled off Justin's nipple with a pop to torment the other. Justin squirmed and moaned lowly as Brian teased him, nipping the sensitive bud with his teeth. He then crawled his way back up and dropped a quick kiss on perfect pink lips. "We'll never get the chance to do everything you want today."

"I hate when you make sense," Justin complained, his hands coming to rest on the small of Brian's back as he once again leaned over his husband.

"So, have you had a chance to think about what you want to do today?" Brian asked, running his hands through Justin's hair, marveling at how silky it felt against his fingers; even softer than it usually was.

"Well, I definitely want to see the parade," Justin said, a thoughtful look on his face as he looked over Brian's shoulder. Brian rolled his eyes. "I know, I know; it's silly, as I don't even live here or know any of the participants, but it just seems like the best way to set the mood for the day."

"I already said we can see the parade, Sunshine," Brian said dryly, a small smile curling at the corner of his mouth as Justin wriggled a little in excitement.

"And then of course, I want to hit the chili cook off," Justin said, his eyes sparkling; likely because he was imagining all the good food he was going to eat today.

"Of course," Brian snorted, rolling his lips between his teeth to hold back a full on laugh at that pronouncement. Like he expected otherwise. "No surprise there."

"And then, maybe a carriage ride?" Justin said, his tone lilting at the end to form more of a question than a statement.

"We could do that," Brian nodded; and really, he couldn't imagine a much more fun way to spend time with Justin, snuggled under a blanket and kissing. And maybe he could even talk him into something a bit more fun. "It will give you a chance to be off your feet."

"And then I'm torn between the Lego Build Off and the ice carving," Justin said, chewing on his bottom lip. "Both sound like a lot of fun."

"I think the Lego thing is mainly for kids, Sunshine," Brian said gently, having heard about the event from the Cutlers. "Although, I could be wrong; besides, it's hardly fair for them to go up against an artist of your caliber."

"Yeah," Justin said just a bit sadly; but he quickly perked up. "So maybe we could watch the ice carving and I can talk to a few of the artists about their techniques."

"Sure," Brian said, trying desperately not to shake his head at his husband's antics, before putting in his own two cents for the day. "And then we can go sit at Luisa's; there will be live music and we can have a rest and warm up. Maybe grab some of that free hot chocolate for you."

"Followed by the spaghetti dinner?" Justin said hopefully, wiggling in excitement once more and he licked his lips.

"If we must," Brian said, rolling his eyes again; Justin's appetite was going to be the death of him. And then he yelped as Justin swatted him on the arm.

"Yes, we must," Justin insisted, his face set into a stubborn frown.

"Carbs, Sunshine," Brian complained halfheartedly, but knew full well that he'd never win this argument and that they would be first waiting in line when it came to that damned dinner if Justin had any say in it. "You're going to kill me with all those carbs."

"But then, we could come back here and I'll help you work off all those carbs," Justin smirked, sliding his hand down and around to cup Brian's dick.

And well, put like that, who the fuck was he to complain?

"Now that is something I can get into," Brian smirked, grabbing his husband's hands and pressing them into the mattress on either side of his head as he climbed on top of him. "In the meantime, why don't you help me work up an appetite for breakfast?"

… … … … …

Brian huffed out a sigh, stamping his feet to hopefully get some feeling back into them after standing for the last hour watching a parade that, frankly, he didn't give two shits about. If it wasn't for loving the adorable twat at his side, he would have happily skipped it and sat his ass down in a nice, warm bar and had a drink while Justin watched it.

But, he did love the twat, so here he was, freezing his ass off because they'd been standing in the same place for over an hour to watch a parade that reminded him of every other small town parade in existence. Exciting it was not.

Not that he'd ever say that to his husband; who, for all his thirty years, was watching it and acting more like the teenager he'd first met than an adult; and a pregnant one at that. He was surprised that Justin hadn't even complained about his feet hurting, but he guessed the additional weight hadn't become an issue yet.

Sighing, Brian was thankful to see the end of the parade make its way past them and that the crowd was now breaking up to follow the parade the rest of the way down to mapped route. Thank fucking God; now maybe he could get some circulation back into his extremities.

"Well, there is an hour of my life that I'll never get back," Brian muttered, huffing when Justin turned and glared at him; he swatted Brian on the arm before linking them together.

"Oh, please," Justin smirked as they headed to the Depot Street lot where the chili cook off was being held. Because knowing his husband and his bottomless pit of a stomach, it should be going off, demanding to be fed any time now. "Like I didn't see you smiling through out the whole thing."

"That's because I was watching you, not the parade, Sunshine," Brian said, kissing him on the cheek. And it was true; what he'd enjoyed most about the parade was Justin's reaction to it. "I swear; sometimes you acted like a bigger kid than most of the ones that were there today."

Showing his maturity, Justin stuck out his tongue; and then snuggled deeper into Brian's side as the turned the corner onto Depot Street. Brian couldn't help being thankful that they'd found a place to stand so close to where they needed to be. After Justin lingered over breakfast, he had thought they might have to give the parade a miss; but luck had been on their side. As they were leaving, they'd met up with the Cutlers, who were headed to meet up with their family, and they dragged the two of them along with them.

"I just like parades," Justin said, practically skipping at Brian's side, tugging him along as they caught sight of the gathering crowd all headed in the same direction. "They are such a happy event."

"I know," Brian huffed, but allowed himself to be dragged along because God forbid that Justin miss any of it. "The fact that you've dragged me to the Pride Parade every year since your first would have told me that without you saying a word."

"And now for another happy event," Justin said, rubbing his stomach with his free hand and practically salivating as they reached their destination. He broke away and walked swiftly ahead of Brian to his first vict…err…his first proprietor. "At least for my stomach."

Rolling his eyes, Brian followed in his wake and prayed that the twat wasn't going to be facing a miserable night of heartburn after this.

… … … … …

Brian sighed with relief as they sat down in the carriage and covered their legs with the blanket provided by the service. He had just managed to pry Justin away from the Chili Cook Off before he could eat his weight in it and was just happy to be off his feet. When he suggested this outing, he was certain that it would be Justin complaining about needing to sit down, but he'd been a little ball of energy since Brian had managed to pry him from their bed this morning.

Although, he had to admit that the chili’s smelled delicious and there were even a couple that he’d been happy to try himself, including a White Bean Chicken Chili that he loved and surprisingly a Spiced Apple Chili with Ground Turkey in it. Both had been really good and he light enough that he’d happily eat them again. Justin on the other hand favored the Braised Five-Alarm Texas Chili that Brian just knew was going to give him fits later, but he hadn’t stopped raving about it since.

Until now that is; Justin had gone suspiciously quiet in the past fifteen minutes and it was starting to worry Brian. Not to mention that it made him wonder if he needed to talk his husband into taking a nap. Although, there was also the way Justin had been occasionally scanning the crowds as if looking for something or someone, and occasionally jumping when Brian caught him off guard. He didn't like that one bit.

"Is something wrong, Sunshine," Brian asked, drawing Justin's attention from his mindless staring and bringing it back to him. "You've been a bit jumpy today."

Justin bit his lip and looked at the driver cautiously to see if he was paying any attention to their conversation, but when the driver just continued on his track, Justin turned back to Brian and said in a low voice. "It's weird, but I've just gotten this feeling that someone has been watching us today, all day; but whenever I look, I can't seem to find anything or anyone suspicious."

Brian frowned, but then quickly smoothed his expression; he'd had the same feeling periodically through out the day, but had just attributed it to them being visitors and an openly gay couple. But, if Justin was voicing the same concern, and was worried about it; well, Brian trusted Justin's instincts. He would be sure to keep a closer eye out.

On the other hand, he didn't want Justin to worry about it; the point to this trip was for him to relax after the trying weeks they'd just had.

"Well, we do stand out," Brian said, affecting an unconcerned voice in an attempt to soothe Justin's nerves; adding a little humor to distract him. "First of all, we are utterly gorgeous, so why wouldn't they stare? Plus, this isn't Liberty Avenue where we are just another couple of queers walking around."

"We've never been just a couple of queers walking around," Justin drawled, his tone as dry as the Sahara. "Even down on Liberty."

"Why, Sunshine!" Brian exclaimed in mock horror; looking at Justin as if he'd never seen him before. "I am appalled at your lack of modesty."

"Fuck off," Justin huffed, rolling his eyes at Brian's antics, but a small smile flit over his face, so win for him. "Like I didn't just verbalize what you were already thinking."

"Well," Brian grinned, his tongue tucked firmly in his cheek. Because it was true. "I can't argue with that."

"I do acknowledge and give you some pity points for your failed attempt at modesty, however," Justin said in a mock serious tone, patting Brian on the arm.

"I do so appreciate your benevolence, Sunshine," Brian said with a sarcastic smile; and silently patted himself on the back for successfully distracting Justin from his worries. "I just don't know what I would do without it."

"You'd never survive without me," Justin snorted, a small, affectionate smile on his face.

And wasn't that the truth?

Smirking, Brian flashed a wicked look Justin's way, and Justin instantly looked wary, as he'd come to know that expression all too well over the years. Brian slowly slipped his hand under the blanket and rested it on top of Justin's thigh. Justin's eyes popped open and his mouth dropped as Brian leaned closer and placed a small kiss at the hollow of his ear.

"Point well made," Brian said for his husband's ears only, his hand slowly creeping up Justin's thigh until it reached the crease. "But now that were moving, I have a better idea for what we could be doing."

"Brian…" Justin gasped softly, casting a nervous glance the driver's way as he whispered. "We can't…"

"Sure we can," Brian cut him off, sliding his hand onto his husband's dick and squeezing gently. Justin bit his lip and barely held back a groan as Brian began to stroke him through his pants. "You'll just have to be quiet; and trust me, after all those times I snuck in at Deb's, I know you can be quiet when you need to be."

Justin threw him a heated glance that told him that he was so going to pay for this, but Brian didn't care at the moment. Operation distract the twat was a success.

… … … … …

After their little romp in the carriage, Brian had led Justin back to the Inn for a quick change of clothing. He tried to convince Justin to rest for a few minutes before heading back out, but like always after an orgasm, Justin was energetic and raring to go. So, off they went again, this time to the Rotary Pavilion to see the ice carving.

And that's where they'd been for the past hour, Brian waiting off to the side as Justin flit back and forth between the artists, asking questions, watching and basically making an nuisance of himself. Not that the artists seemed to mind; once they'd heard his name, those in the know filled in those who weren't, and the whole lot of them couldn't have been happier to answer his questions.

He was in artistic heaven, and had that look that said he was considering giving the method a try himself for one of his upcoming shows. Brian just pinched the bridge of his nose at that thought, having visions of ice sculptures stored in sub-zero freezers everywhere in Pittsburgh. Hopefully he could talk him down to doing a demonstration instead and then displaying the single large work for however long it would last.

Sighing, Brian watched as Justin flit back to his original victim and, seeing that signs of fatigue creeping into his husband's face, decided enough was enough.

"Okay, that's enough of that," Brian said, swiftly intercepting Justin and pulling him away from the artists, flashing them a smile and waving as he dragged Justin away. "Let the man concentrate on his work, Sunshine. I'm sure he's working on a deadline and needs to concentrate on his entry."

"Oh, sorry," Justin looked over his shoulder sheepishly, waving to the artists as they departed. "I was just…"

"About to turn into a Popsicle," Brian cut him off, heading down West Main to North Broadway where Luisa's Mexican Grill was situated. "Let's find a warm place to sit down, have a warm drink and relax until your spaghetti dinner."

"Well, you did mention that place with the live music," Justin said, furrowing his brow as he tried to recall the name of it. "Luisa's?"

"That's the plan, Sunshine," Brian said as the walked along, his breath coming in short pants. Fuck, he hadn't done this much walking in along time. "Plus, they're doing wine tasting; alcohol is always a bonus."

"Not that it does me any good," Justin groused, pouting a bit. "God, I so miss just having a beer on occasion. Not even getting drunk; just the taste of a good beer or a glass of scotch. And coffee. And soda. And sushi. Sometimes this whole pregnancy thing sucks."

"Only a few more months," Brian soothed, wrapping his arm around his husband and pressing a kiss to his temple.

"Not soon enough," Justin grumbled, but allowed himself to be lead to the restaurant with a minimal of fuss.

… … … … …

Brian sat at the table and watched his husband eat with no little amount of awe. If he hadn't seen it with his own eyes, Brian would never believe the amount of food this trim man could pack away, pregnant or not. Even as a teenager his appetite had horrified a very food and health conscious Brian. However, he'd consoled himself with the thought that eventually, Justin would have to start watching his food intake in order to keep his trim, twink-like figure.

And while Justin's body had changed as he matured, his chest filling out and his shoulders broadening, much as you'd expect in the change from being a teenager to entering adulthood. But that fabled moment where Justin would actually have to watch what he ate never came. It was galling sometimes, watching his husband put away a meal that could feed two to three people easily and not gain one ounce.

Take for instance now; he had just finished a plate of nachos not even an hour and a half ago at Luisa's and he was still packing away the spaghetti as if he hadn't eaten all day. Brian, who hadn't eaten afar less that day, couldn't even finish his one plate. Shaking his head, Brian watched as Justin slurped yet another noodle into his mouth and the rubbed his hand over his face with a sigh.

"What?" Justin asked, nonplussed.

"Just trying to figure out where the hell you're putting all of that," Brian groused, eyeing Justin's plate with disgust. "Your appetite never ceases to amaze me."

"Hey, eating for two here," Justin said a little defensively, cradling his plate like he expected Brian to take it from him; but that would never happen. Brian had learned a long time ago not to take food from Justin. well, except for the Twinkies; but there was a perfectly good reason for that. "Plus, Liz said at our last visit that I'm expected to gain a certain amount of weight before the next visit. It's not my fault that I have a high metabolism and can eat my weight in food."

"Well, at least you aren't doctoring it with, I don't know," Brian scrunched his nose, and tried to find some vile food example, but couldn't find anything. So, he settled for something much more tame. "Vanilla pudding or something equally as ridiculous."

"Oh!" Justin rounded his mouth and widened his eyes at the thought; and Brian just couldn't do it, and immediately put his foot down. "That would be…"

"No." Brian said with an implacable frown. "Just no.

"You're no fun," Justin muttered, a small pout on his mouth.

"Not what you said last night," Brian smirked, his eyes lighting with mischief as he ran them over his husband's body, his mind turning to much more fun things now that the day was over. "Now hurry up and finish that and I'll show you just how much fun I can be."

 

Chapter End Notes:

Alternate Ending:

Silence passed between them for a long, drawn out moment as Brian stared of into the distance, waiting for Justin to finish his plate of food. He was tired and he really couldn't wait until they got back to the room; he was really looking forward to another soak in the Jacuzzi tub and then maybe giving and getting a rubdown with the leftover spa items from their gift basket.

Sighing, he glanced over at Justin and frowned when he saw that Justin seemed to be staring blankly at the table. Arching a brow, he opened his mouth to ask if there was a problem, only to shut it as Justin asked out of the blue.

"Are you going to finish that?" He pointed to Brian's half-finished plate of spaghetti.

Brian rolled his eyes, but shoved the plate over at Justin, shaking his head in despair. Honestly, he'd be so glad when this pregnancy shit was over with.