- Text Size +

 

March 26 – (29 weeks)

Kiki looked up from bussing and wiping down the counter as the bell on the door tinkled, her fake welcoming smile warming into something genuine as two of her favorite customers walked through the door. It had been a long day, and her back was already hurting due to the four-inch heels she insisted on wearing each and every day. After all, one did not skip on beauty, and she was more than willing to pay the price for looking this good while working.

Waving to Justin and Blake as they carted the newest little prince to enter Liberty Avenue's royal family over to their preferred table, Kiki took a moment to grab a couple of menus and some water and then headed their way, as she was just dying to see little Luc again. While Blake and Luc were seen out and about on the Avenue more these days, Blake still tended to do the thing all new parents do and fretted having him out too long; so, there visits to the diner were usually brief.

And Kiki took every chance she got to coo over the little angel. He was definitely her one of her favorites, coming second only to the King's prince and princess, (because everyone knew that while Michael may be Jenny's biological father, Brian and Justin were the fathers of her heart and the ones that counted). Gus and Jenny were something else; and she loved them like they were her own.

Something she will, sadly, never have due to a riding accident as a kid; she hadn't been on a horse since. Maybe one day, she too will find someone to share her life with, who could carry their children; or if that wasn't possible, would be willing to adopt.

Sighing, Kiki pasted on a smile and walked over to Blake and Justin, who were sitting at the table and talking seriously amongst themselves. She could guess just what they were discussing as well since she'd heard what had transpired over the weekend. In full inglorious detail as well from a fuming Deb, Daphne and Emmett; to say that they were all on the warpath after discovering Lindsay's duplicity was a vast understatement.

A fact made known far and wide when, snickering amongst themselves, Daphne and Emmett had gotten into Justin's laptop and sent a little video around to all the most gossipy Queens they could name. Deb had warned them both that Justin might be mad, but Daphne had waved off and said, if he didn't want her getting into it, then he shouldn't have given her the password.

Personally, Kiki had silently commended them and then snickered as she'd watched the reactions as Queen after Queen had gotten the e-mail, had spat out whatever they were eating or drinking in disgust and then quickly forwarded it on to everyone in their address book. By the end of the day, it had been trending on every social media you could think of and the YouTube video had thousands of views.

And it was nothing more than vicious, rapacious bitch deserved.

"Hey Justin," Kiki said, smiling genuinely at the blond when he flashed his now infamous Sunshine smile.

She really missed seeing him bus and wait on tables; he and Brian had always made working at the diner entertaining when he'd worked here. They way those two had been so obviously in love with each other, yet so hesitant to admit it, constantly dancing around each other; well, it had led to hours of amusement watching them fall.

"Hey, Blake," she greeted her other favorite blond, and got a tired smile in return; that boy really needed to stop being stubborn and let people help him out so he could get some sleep. Really, he has all this family, he just needs to open his moth already and accept that he was human after all.

"Hey Kiki," Justin and Blake said together, and then looked at each other and chuckled, crying 'jinx' at the same time. Kiki smiled and rolled her eyes; it was difficult to maintain a bad mood around those two.

"And just who is this little cutie?" Kiki cooed, ignoring the two men in favor of the wide awake and staring Luc, who was blowing bubbles and cooing right back.

"I told you," Justin huffed in mock offense, rolling his eyes at Blake. "It's like we don't even exist when he's around. No how are you doing? Are you feeling well? Can I get you anything? Nope. One look at Luc, and we're invisible."

"You might as well get used to that," Blake snorted; he took a small sip of his water before opening the menu that he should know like the back of his hand given how often they were all here. "The moment they're born, you cease to exist; you were nothing more than the real attention magnet's incubator."

"Well, you are cute, honey," Kiki teased, winking at a blushing Justin. "But not nearly as cute as this sweet thing. He's going to be a heartbreaker just like his Daddy here."

"I actually think he looks more like Ted than me," Blake hummed, staring down at his son in complete adoration. "Of course, he says the opposite. But I see a lot of Ted in his eyes, his nose and his mouth."

"Oh, but he does have your smile," Kiki said, chuckling when the baby blew a spit bubble and then smiled at her. "That one is nearly as irresistible as Justin's. Oh, God, I can just see it now; your two sweet babies, running around, causing mischief and getting away with it because of their smiles. They are going to rule the word one day."

"Don't forget," Justin smirked, a devilish twinkle in his eyes. "Daphne is pregnant too; so we'll have another Doyle-Chanders baby around this age too."

"We may as well give up now," Kiki huffed as she made face and tickled Luc's stomach. "A Schmidt-Wyzecki baby, a Taylor-Kinney baby, and a Doyle-Chanders baby, all going to the same school together. Now all we need is a Honeycutt-Boyd baby to round the group out and they'll set the world on fire."

"I'm not sure the world is ready for that combination," Blake joked as he set his menu aside and took another sip of water.

"Ready or not, we're coming anyway," Justin smirked, looking far too gleeful about that; and Kiki had to fight back a small shudder.

"And now that I've gotten my Luc fix," she said, turning to the boys with a smile "How are you doing?"

"Oh, now she remembers us," Justin teased; and Kiki was happy to see him looking so relaxed given everything that happened this past weekend.

"Brat," Kik huffed. "You look well rested."

"A couple of days at sea will do that for you," Justin smiled, his bright and softening around the edges. "No calls, no emails, no surprise visitors. Nothing but laying around, eating good food, talking about everything and anything, and…"

"Fucking." Blake and Kiki said together, laughing when Justin huffed and rolled his eyes.

"Well, I was going to say sleeping you pervs," Justin said in a prim tone, his nose stuck in the air. "But yes, there was plenty of that too."

"There always is when BK is involved," Kiki .smirked, pulling out her pen and pad

"Hey, that is BTK these days," Justin said, a bright smile on his face.

"I know, but that just doesn't have the same ring to it," Kiki said, a thoughtful frown on her face she tapped her pen against her lips. And then she sighed with envy. "I don't know where you find the energy to keep up with him some days."

"Trust me," Justin winked, a lascivious grin stealing over his lips. "His and my appetites are well matched in that regard."

"What he's so coyly trying to say is," Blake said in a mock confidential tone. "Unlike the rest of us mere mortals, who have regular libidos, they both like to fuck like bunnies. Although, I'm curious to see how that pans out once Sunbeam is born."

"Some parents take nap breaks," Justin smirked knowingly. "We'll be taking fuck breaks; that will hopefully, eventually, end in a cat nap. Besides, that what grandmothers, aunts and uncles are for. I have no problem using my Twink Powers to get a few free hours to fuck my husband into the mattress; or vice versa."

"Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong," Blake hummed, leaning back into the booth with a frown. "I should start employing my own Twink Powers to get some Teddy Time."

"I told you a long time ago," Justin said, admonishing his friend on his stubbornness; it was an argument that they'd been having since Blake had first announced his pregnancy. "Trying to do this all on your own is insane. You have friends and family willing to help at a drop of a hat. I know for a fact that Deb is just dying to get her hands on him for more than an hour or two. You should take advantage of that when you can. Luc needs happy and healthy parents in order to remain happy and healthy himself, and there is nothing wrong with asking for help."

"I might just take you up on that," Blake said, finally conceding to Justin's arguments. "It has been far too long since we've had any alone time. Lately it's been everything we can do to just make it through dinner most nights. And the last two weeks has been nothing but bottles and diapers, eating, work for Ted and sleeping in between more bottles and diapers."

"You haven't had sex in two weeks?" Justin asked incredulously; and Kiki couldn't help laughing at his horrified expression. No one needed to be told that the King and his Prince's sex life was full and doing well based on that look alone.

"Well, while our Prince sits there completely stunned at that announcement," Kiki said, still chuckling at Justin's stunned look. "Let me offer my services. I'd be happy to watch this little darling for a few hours if you and Ted want to get dinner and a show one night. Or even during the day when I'm not working if you need to get out for a bit."

"Thanks, Kiki," Blake smiled gratefully at her and then jabbed Justin with his foot, shaking the blond out of his frozen state. "I appreciate it; and once I'm not quite as freaked out about leaving Luc with someone, I'll likely take you up on that."

"Seriously?" Justin asked again, still staring at his friend in disbelief. "Two weeks?"

"Ah, he speaks," Blake teased. "I was wondering if I'd actually managed to make you go catatonic at the mere suggestion of not having sex every day."

"I can't even begin to comprehend…" Justin said and then visibly shuddered at the thought. And then he whipped out his phone in a no-nonsense manner. "Okay; quick question – how long does Luc sleep at night these days?"

"He's gotten to where he'll sleep five to six hours at a time at night," Blake said, looking confused when Justin started typing into his phone. "We usually put him down around seven and he sleeps to about midnight. And then I will feed him, change him and spend a little time with him before putting him back down. And then he'll usually sleep until five or six in the morning when Ted usually gets up and starts his day. He'll take care of Luc then to let me sleep a little longer before he goes t work."

"Perfect," Justin drew the word out as he continued to…well, it looked as if he were texting with someone given the back and forth blips; and Kiki figured that based on his comments, Justin was working on a plan to get his friend laid. "Give me a moment; I'll tell you in a bit."

"So, are you two ready to order?" Kiki asked, pulling Blake's attention away from Justin just as he grinned triumphantly. "Shall I bring your usual orders?"

"Actually, I need to look at the menu," Justin said absently as he typed in another message. "I want something else today, but I'm not quite sure what I want just yet."

"One of those days?" Kiki asked, wondering what weird concoction Justin was planning to try now; his food cravings had been bizarre to say the least.

"Something like that," Justin said equally as distracted, his attention on his phone.

Kiki and Blake shared a confused look, wondering what could have Justin so enthralled that not even the subject of food could rear him away. And then Blake shrugged, indicating that he didn't have a clue as to what was going on. Kiki looked back at Justin, who nodded to himself and the locked his phone and set it aside with a smile.

"Well, let me know when you're ready," Kiki said asn she too shrugged; if Justin was smiling, it couldn't all be bad. "In the meantime, do I have a story for you." Justin and Blake perked up at the mention of gossip. "And I figured that I would tell you first just in case someone mentioned it to Brian, twisting it to make themselves out to be the victim."

"Oh God," Justin groaned, resting his head in his hands. "What has Michael or Lindsay done now?"

"It was Lindsay," Kiki confirmed with a grim smile; she hated to bring this to Justin's attention, but knowing that vile, little bitch, she'd try to rewrite history until she came out looking like the victim. Better he hear the truth from Kiki than get caught off guard. "As far as I know, Michael is still with Ben on the other side of the country; at least that's what I heard last time I talked to Deb."

"Well, at least there is that," Blake sneered. "Now if only Lindsay would take a hint and leave town, life would be so much better."

"Please, child," Kiki huffed and sent him a knowing look. "You and I both know that woman wouldn't know a good idea if it bit her on the ass; nor would she understand that as persona non grata to the 'family' in particular, and the Avenue in general, that she'd worn out her welcome as soon as she attacked their Prince. That leads me to our little blow up the other day."

 

Kiki walked towards the counter after refilling the coffee for several very noisy patrons, who had all been discussing the newest outrage that the King's so-called friends had perpetrated against him and his Prince. Kiki herself was more than a little disgusted by the video that Emmett had sent to her, telling her feel free to share with anyone she thought needed to see it. So, she'd done just that.

She'd whipped out her phone and passed it on to the nosiest, biggest gossips to grace the Avenue to start and then onto a few people that were on and off the Avenue, who could make that vile wretch's life miserable in the long run. No one messed with her Justin and got away with it. That kid had been through enough as it was; he didn't need uppity shrew's causing him even more pain.

Emptying the dregs of the coffee pot, Kiki cleaned out and set another pot to brewing, because God knew that they'd need it at this time of day – when the club crowd finally crawled their way out of bed and came looking for 'breakfast' and a cup of coffee to stave off the pounding in their heads. Flicking on a second pot, Kiki began getting place settings together, so she could quickly change out the tables once they came available.

It was not a time to dawdle as, as soon as the club crowd left, she would then be facing the lunch crowd and would quickly get swamped if she didn't have everything set up and ready to go. There wouldn't be a chance to even breathe until around two in the afternoon, when most of the crowd dwindled and went back to work.

Sighing, she began rolling napkins around forks and knives and wished that Henry hadn't called in sick; as this was shaping up to be a brutal day, and she didn't want to call Deb in if she could at all help it. Deb had already worked a double shift yesterday due to Henry and needed the rest more. Thankfully, Em had promised to come and help for two hours in the height of the lunch crowd as a favor to Deb.

Setting a place setting aside, she grabbed another napkin and had started rolling the utensils into them when the bell over the door jingled. Looking up, she forced a smile onto her face in preparation of greeting the customer, but halted when the diner came to a dead stop around her, all movement and conversations halting in an instant as the nasty little bitch they revolved around walked through the door with her nose in the air.

Everyone turned in their seats and blatantly stared at Lindsay, a few merely curious as they were knew to the air and weren't in the know; but the vast majority were glowering at her. And really, if looks could kill, she'd have been splattered across the sidewalk dozens of times over. Lindsay scanned the diner with a haughty look on her face, as if she were looking for someone; and she could only guess who it was given her misguided belief that Brian would eventually forgive her.

Luckily, the King and his Prince were being held captive on a yacht at Ted and Drew's behest, (not that either were complaining), and weren't present for what was likely to be a nasty confrontation based on her expression.

"Oh, I don't think so, missy," Kiki hissed, resting one hand on her hip as she point towards the door with the other. "You turn your skanky little tush around and get out; you're not welcome here."

"Excuse me?" Lindsay demanded, her eyes going wide at Kiki's words; and then she sneered. "Who the hell are you to tell me what to do?"

"I'm the manager on shift, sweet cakes," Kiki snorted, making the other patrons snicker as she smirked. "And as manager, I am allowed to refuse service to those we don't want to serve; and I am telling you that your presence is not wanted and you are no longer welcome here. Don't come back."

"You can't bar me from here," Lindsay hissed, again looking around the diner as if she were looking for help; but that ship had sailed. Literally as it turned out this time. "I'll make a formal complaint to the owner."

"Oh, please do," Kiki drawled, flashing a nasty smile the frigid bitch's way. "It will make my year as I'm sure that Brian will laugh himself silly when he reads it." Lindsay looked surprised, but quickly tried to hide it. That must have annoyed her. "Yeah, you didn't know that did you? And after what you did to his husband, I'm not seeing him being all that accommodating of your whims or demands."

"Brian will forgive me," Lindsay sneered imperiously; her nose stuck firmly in the air. And Kiki so wanted walk over to her and use that nose as a target for her fist. But unlike this cunt, she was a lady and would find a much more productive outlet for her ire. "He always does."

"Honey, delusional is so not a good color for you," Kiki sneered, snickering when Lindsay gasped with outrage; yeah, take that you heifer. And then she quickly made a silent apology to cows everywhere for besmirching their good names with the comparison. "But I suppose we all must have our dreams; they even come true for some of us. For instance, I have been living for the day that our King would see you for the conniving, manipulative, rancorous, greedy bitch you are; and lo and behold, you showed that in spectacular form. I really must thank you for that."

"I don't know what you mean," Lindsay said warily, looking uncertain for the first time since she'd walked through the door.

"Oh, don't even try to pull the wool over my eyes, missy," Kiki spat, flicking a disgusted look over her. "I may not have been there for the actual blow out, but I did receive an interesting email after the fact. In fact, I'd say that there were several of us Queens that got the same video and I can safely say that you are persona non grata in these parts. So, you go right ahead and lie to yourself, but you can no longer lie to us."

"I can't believe that Brian would do this to me," Lindsay hissed, once again outraged and blaming anyone but herself for her vile behavior. "Obviously this is all Justin's…"

"Neither Brian nor Justin had anything to do with it," Kiki cut her off, looking down her nose. "In fact; they aren't even in town right now, so they couldn't do it. No, that honor lies in the hands of our dear Mr. Honeycutt, with the help of our darling Daphne, who, by the way, is gunning for you; so I'd lie low until she's just slightly less murderous. And if you think the video with Michael went viral, oh honey; you ain't seen nothing yet."

"Viral?" Lindsay asked hesitantly, dread written clearly on her face.

"Oh, yes," Kiki said with relish, a smug smile slowly spreading across her face; oh, she was so going to enjoy this. "It's been making the rounds on YouTube. And every time one is pulled down, another appears. It's had thousands of views and is quite the talk of the internet. It really is too bad that you didn't give Simon's full name; I would have loved to have seen him explain himself to all those important and morally upstanding people that he relies on for his bread and butter."

Lindsay paled and took an involuntary step back, a hand flying up to cover her mouth, a flicker of fear in her eyes; and she should be scared. Once this video finished making its rounds, her dreams of being an influential voice in the art world were over.

"Although," Kiki said sweetly. "I'm sure that it won't take long for people who know Justin and yourself to piece together all the relevant details and figure out just who you were talking about. I can't imagine Simon being all too happy about having his business spread far and wide across the net like that, do you?"

"They can't prove anything," Lindsay said, but it didn't sound confident at all.

"Honey, they don't have to prove anything," Kiki laughed, shaking her head at the delusional twit. "All there needs to be is the hint of scandal and the court of public opinion will do the rest. I do wonder what Simon will think once this starts to pinch his pocketbook and tarnishes his prestige. My guess is that your place in the art world that you so love just died a fiery death."

Lindsay went white with rage, her lips compressing into a thin line as she really looked around the diner for the first time and noted the sneers and jeers cast her way. Kiki just smiled and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Looks like the tribe has spoken and you've been voted off the Avenue," Kiki said, grinning when several patrons snickered at her 'quoting' the famous reality show. "Couldn't happen to a better person if you ask me. Now get the fuck out of my diner and don't bother coming back. Because if you do, this will seem like a sting compared to what I do to you."

Lindsay glowered at her one last time, but Kiki just stared back blandly, completely unmoved by the other woman's impotent rage. Flicking a look at a couple of nearby bears, Kiki nodded and then smirked when they stood, cracking their knuckles. Lindsay huffed, turned on her heel and walked out the door, her cheeks reddening in either embarrassment or anger as laughter followed in her wake.

 

"Holy shit," Justin exclaimed, his eyes wide as saucers as Kiki finished her story. And then he grimaced and looked over at a still happy and cooing Luc; he cast an apologetic look at Blake, but then restated the sentiment. "Sorry, but holy shit! I can't believe that…"

"No one fucks with our King and his Prince," Kiki said firmly, a grim smile on her face. "And honestly, we haven't even begun yet. She is quickly learning that the only reason she'd been tolerated for this long is due to out respect for Brian and yourself. But now that her true colors have been shown, her contacts are drying up faster than a puddle in Death Valley in the middle of summer."

"A puddle in Death Valley in the middle of summer?" Blake laughed, but also looked suitably impressed by the lengths that the Avenue went to in order to protect their King and Prince. "I'll have to remember that; where is Death Valley anyways?"

"California," Kiki said with a shrug. "Before I was a Pittsburgh girl, I was a California boy. Trust me, you don't want to be anywhere near Death Valley in summer. So, are you two ready to order, or do you need more time."

"Uh, no," Justin stammered, still obviously floored by the story, but there was also a smug smile tugging at his mouth. "I'm ready whenever you are Blake."

"I'm good," Blake said with a lazy shrug of his shoulders.

"So what can I get for you?" Kiki asked, looking to Blake first as she figured that it would be faster and easier than anything Justin ordered.

"I'll have the bacon cheese burger with steak fries, a side of fruit and a Coke," Blake said with a smile, handing the menu off to Kiki when she was done writing.

"And for you?" Kiki asked Justin, bracing herself for whatever odd request he'd make that day; Although, nothing had been stranger than the donuts, mustard and popcorn combo. That had made Kiki shudder; especially when she'd made the mistake of asking why mustard and Blake had seriously told her it was to make sure the popcorn stuck.

"Um…" Justin said, looking at the menu for the first time in years; he chewed on his lower lip and then sighed. "I'll have a turkey and cheddar on wheat, with light mayo; a side salad, with balsamic vinaigrette on the side, a fruit cup, and milk."

"You want a turkey sandwich?" Kiki asked, looking at the blond as if he'd grown another head or as if trying to figure out which alien life force had taken over her friend.

"Yes," Justin said, snapping the menu closed with a decisive nod as he handed it over. "Oh, and a glass of orange juice."

"Right," Kiki said doubtfully, instantly worried as this was unlike her friend; it sounded more like something Brian would order. She tapped her pen on the pad. "Anything else? A side of fries? A lemon bar? A milkshake?"

"Nope," Justin said with a blithe smile. "Not today."

Blake snickered; likely finding Kiki's reaction amusing, but forgive her surprise. Justin was the one that ordered cheeseburgers dripping in cheese and covered with bacon, asked for extra fries and would have a side of onion rings as well if he could get away with it. He didn't order turkey sandwiches.

"Okay," Kiki said slowly, shaking her head as she wrote the order down. "Let me just put this in and I'll be back with your drinks."

… … … … …

Kiki silently watched Justin eat his sandwich without even one complaint, still concerned and wondering when this alien had overtaken her friend's body. It was just so odd to see him eating something normal and not dripping in grease, and she didn't know what to make of the day's order. She had to be missing something.

Sighing, she slipped out of her pumps for a moment's respite as the diner hummed along, everyone happily eating their lunches and not demanding attention for once. Stretching her toes, she looked up and smiled when Todd walked in and took a seat at the counter. Pulling out a cup and saucer, she quickly poured him a cup of coffee and then looked back at Justin with a worried frown.

Todd glanced over at the table, wondering what had gotten her attention, and then he too did a double take to see Justin eating his turkey on wheat. Oh, good, so it wasn't just her. She knew that she could be a tad overdramatic, but if Todd found it odd as well, maybe she wasn't making a mountain out of a molehill.

"Is he eating…?" Todd started, but couldn't seem to finish the question.

"Yes, he is," Kiki confirmed, still very much weirded out by health-conscious-alien-Justin.

"That is definitely the weirdest thing I've ever seen," Todd said, a confused frown on his face. "And I've been privy to some of his more interesting food cravings."

"Yeah, I know," Kiki said, shaking her head as Justin finished his salad and didn't so much as steal a fry from Blake's plate. Todd turned to her and they shared a worried look. "It's just so…unlike him. I hope everything is okay."

"Well, I know that things have been pretty tense the past few days," Todd shrugged, drinking his coffee as he kept one wary eye on alien-Justin. "What with Lindsay and the stalker situation and them fighting… Maybe he had to be put on a special diet for health reasons?"

"Maybe," Kiki hummed thoughtfully. "That would make sense; can you watch over the place for a minute or two and let anyone know that I'll be right back if they come in? I want to call Kinney and see if there is anything we should be watching for."

"Sure," Todd said, reaching for a menu. "I have the afternoon off, so I don't have to be anywhere."

"You know, I don't think I even know what you do," Kiki said, slightly embarrassed that she'd never asked the man what he did.

"Lawyer," Todd said, smirking at Kiki's surprise. "An estate planning lawyer; although, most people on the Avenue don't know as it's a younger demographic and they rarely think that far in advance. I did all of Brian and Justin's work though. Sadly, they both are far too aware of their own mortality due to the things they've been through."

"Really," Kiki said; that was something she could really use. She didn't want her hard earned cash to fall into her bigoted brother's hands if she never got around to getting married and having children. Very few knew that she worked at the diner simply because she enjoyed it, and not because she needed to. "We'll need to talk at some point as I have a few things I need to put in place."

"My card," Todd said with a knowing smile; he was one of the few in the know. "Give my office a call and my assistant, Ava, will set up an appointment."

"I'll do that," Kiki smiled, pocketing the card in her apron. "Now off to call the King and hope everything is okay."

Kiki spun on her heel and hurried back to the office; she flipped through the rolodex and found the number that she needed – Brian's direct office line. She quickly dialed it and then sat back in her chair as it ringed three times before being picked up.

"Taylor-Kinney," Brian said, his tone brusque.

"Uh, BK," Kiki said, hoping that this wasn't a bad time. "It's Kiki down at the diner."

"What can I do for you, Kiki," Brian said, his tone instantly warming.

"I don't want to alarm you, honey," Kiki hedged, trying to figure out the best way to say this, as now, sitting there it sounded kind of crazy to be worried that Justin was eating healthy for once; but she could help worrying. "But is everything okay with Justin?"

"Last I saw him," Brian said slowly, concern creeping into his voice. "Which was about forty-five minutes ago in the office, he was just fine. Is everything okay? I know that he mentioned going to lunch with Blake at the diner."

"It's just that he's…acting a bit oddly," Kiki finished lamely, coloring and cursing under breath when she couldn't voice her true concerns.

"Odd how?" Brian demanded, instantly on alert; and Kiki felt bad for that as a torrent of questions spilled out of his mouth. "Does he seem overly nervous or anxious? Did some obe approach him? Has someone said something to him that's upset him? Or threatened him in any way?"

"No, no, no," Kiki flushed; she should have remembered how high strung the two of them had been lately due to the stalker situation. That had not been her best moment. "Nothing like that, honey; sorry to worry you."

"So, what exactly seems to be the problem?" Brian asked, his voice still laced with concern, but the tension dropping a few degrees.

"Well, I don't know how to say this without sounding like an idiot," Kiki muttered, patting her hair as she again realized how stupid this sounded.

"Justin does have that affect on people at times," Brian said in a dry tone; and Kiki could just see him sitting at his desk and smirking.

"It's just that," Kiki trailed off and bit her lower lip, and then pushed on. "When he ordered his lunch…it was healthy? And normal? And, well, something more along the lines you'd order than I would ever expect Justin to order."

There was a moment of silence on the other end, and then Brian doubled over with laughter. Kiki was a little miffed by that, but at the same time, she was also relieved because, if Brian was laughing, then it was nothing serious.

"And well," Kiki said, feeling a little foolish. "I just wanted to make sure that everything was alright and that he hadn't been put on some sort of special diet by his doctor due to gestational diabetes or the like."

"He's fine," Brian said, amusement still coating his voice; but at least he'd stopped laughing. "He was a little anemic at his last check up, but nothing serious."

"That's good to hear," Kiki sighed with relief. "I just got worried because ordering a turkey sandwich with light mayo and a side salad with the dressing on the side rather than fries or onion rings was so unlike him."

"The twat is fine," Brian reassured her, snickering again. "He just has to up his protein intake a bit." And then he paused. "So, he actually did it? He ordered the turkey sandwich, a salad, a fruit cup, milk and orange juice?"

"Yes; actually that was his exact order," Kiki said slowly, wondering what she'd inadvertently gotten herself pulled into. You never knew with these two.

"Good boy," Brian said, and again she could hear the smirk in his voice. "Once he's finished, tell the brat that for doing as he was told, he'll love his surprise later."

"Oh," Kiki said a bit confused; and then it clicked and she flushed. "OH! Well, then…that makes a lot more sense. Sorry for bugging you at work BK. I'll pass on your message. "

"Thanks Kiki," Brian said, chuckling again as he ended the call. "Appreciate the fact that you're all watching out for him."

"Anytime BK," Kiki said and then she hung up the phone. Standing, she shook her head and headed out to relay the King's message to his Prince, only feeling slightly envious at whatever promises Brian had made. They had to be something if it kept Justin from cheating on his diet. The lucky bastard.