- Text Size +

CHAPTER 28 - COMING TOGETHER AS ONE, PILING IT ON AND ERINYES UPS THE ENMITY...SORRY ANTE


GREENFIELD BOULEVARD GAY-MUNITY CENTRE - 3 DAYS LATER, EVENING


CONFERENCE ROOM


ELI


“The first meeting of the GB Neighbourhood Board will come to order!” I bang my gavel, yes Emmett let me have a gavel despite what Monty said, and the tenants turn to face me. I try to discreetly take back my gavel, but Monty is too quick. He will pay for that later! “As…”


“Have you got very far?” An imperious tone calls out from the open door.


I sigh, I had hoped that they wouldn’t come, but no, there in her snooty glory is Lindsay Peterson, and I am assuming the raison d’etre for her holding the door open is because she’s waiting for Hopalong Catastrophe. Sure enough, he comes in with a mournful expression on his face. He looks around, and despite there being at least six empty seats in front of him, limps and winces to the second row from the front and then eases himself into the chair.


“As I was saying…


“How far had you gotten?” Lindsay asks again.


“As far as...as.” I reply icily. “And I would like to get further than that without any more interruptions.”


“What’s the agenda?” She blithely carries on. “May I have a copy? I…” She gets up and approaches the desk. “...have been on many a committee. Now in my opinion….” She starts to take an agenda but I move it out of her reach.


I stare hard at her until she retracts her hand. “You are a temporary resident, you do not get a say, and you do not get a vote, you are very lucky to get a seat, so you are ordered to be silent.”


“Well I never…”


“If only you hadn’t.” Monty sighs before joining me in the stare down. “Return to your seat, you may not have much to do after this meeting, but I fully intend to tell him off for his over-gavelling antics.” There is a smattering of laughter, but she still doesn’t move. “Girl, if you continue to stay there, you gonna flip my bitch switch. Wanna see how I play with roadkill?!”


“I am so sorry I am late!” A voice calls out, and I am about to lose my shit when I see it’s Daph and beam at her. “I had trouble with Little Grub being a Big Monster!” She looks at Lindsay and then at us. “Jesus, are we at questions already?! I didn’t realise I was that late.” I take particular pleasure at the vexatious expression on Lindsay’s face as Daph joins us at the table. “So, where are we?”


“Waiting for her to take a seat.” Monty bristles.


“Actually, since my position here is seemingly persona non-grata I shall take my leave of you.” She turns and starts to walk back to Michael, who is engrossed in something on his phone, so, with a shrug, she starts to head to the door.


“He’s with his mom tonight, so don’t bother going to Brian’s house. Or, if you are trying to find Brian himself, to Justin’s house as they are on a date.” Daph calls out.


Lindsay stiffens before turning around. “I wasn’t going to go anywhere near wherever you are talking about. I was merely going to go home. I am sure that Michael will catch me up on the results of your little meeting…”


“Which you were all set to hijack. Yeah, I’m sure he will. Now, if you could just get him to pay attention, then maybe he will be able to do that!” John the co-deputy chair and Daph’s opposite neighbour snipes.


“Michael, your friends and neighbours require your attention!” She calls out, and he whips his head up. “The meeting is about to start. I will see you at home. Kindly furnish me with anything pertinent, I am sure it will be a short conversation.”


“How am I going to get home? You know, with my injury, you drove remember?”


“Get a cab. Since I am not an actual tenant, then my presence is a token one.”


“For the love of fuck!” Mr Clapboard shouts from the floor. “Either sit the fuck down or both of you leave. This is not a place for your domestication pity party throwing!”


Her face flaming, and with Michael glaring at her, she sits down.


“Now then…” I look around and to a man and woman they are all staring at her. “...this meeting will come to order, and the first item is the proposal from our benevolent landlord and…”


“My best friend.” Novotny pipes up looking around. “And you have me to thank for this, because I suggested a cleaning service, which you all benefit from.”


“As I was saying! The cleaning service will start from next week, twice a week. Next item!”


“Wait, who gets the cleaner first? I think it should be me as…”


“Let’s take a vote all of those in favour of him going first say aye!”


“AYE!”


“It is so ordered. Next item!”


“Well that’s all I wanted to hear, thank goodness it was first. Let’s go, Lindsay.”


“Go?” She echoes. “But there’s lots more stuff to…”


“Well, you can drop me off and then come back, but I’m done here.”


I watch incredulously as they then side eye me and walk out together, declaring that they are going to go for a drink at Woody’s! Mr Blue Door gets up and follows them out. Less than a minute later he’s back in and grinning. “You are a genius, Daph!”


“A genius WASP I am, but this was not my idea, this was all Mel!” She giggles. “Now, get that wine opened and let’s have our proper meeting!”


MEL’S COTTAGE - SAME TIME


LOUNGE


 

 

MEL


I have no idea how I was talked into this. But right now all of my clothes, instead of being in my wardrobe are on racks in the lounge, and Treyvon is looking through them with the critical eye of a surgeon. I have piles of; work, maybe, hello no, hell the fuck no and burn it!


“How long were you with her?” He calls over his shoulder as he adds to the burn pile.


“About 10 years.”


“Clearly saw potential you didn’t. Underneath all of that steel is a cracking body and person. Still wearing it, I see.” He points to his neck and smiles, I stop fiddling with the chain and nod. “My god, where did you wear this?!” He exclaims pulling out a long forgotten jumpsuit. Does it still fit you?! Put it on immediately...well!” I take it off him and start to head upstairs. “Honey, I’m gay, you’re gay, you getting naked ain’t gonna change that, so just get on with it down here! I will close my eyes if that helps some?” I blush at my prudishness and get changed as not-so-quickly as I can. “Okay, now you are wearing that to the next date you go on!”


“But that’s a formal dinner.” I mutter, looking down at myself, and then stare at the racks of clothes he’s yet to go through. “Can you pass me that blue jacket with the red piping, please?” He smiles as he does so and then nods. “And maybe the bla...blue pumps?”


“No maybe...definitely...and no date, wear that to work, to court. Remember what I say…”


“Own it, wear it, walk it!” I look at myself in the mirror and like what I see.


“Close enough!” He laughs, and beckoning me closer, he bumps my hip. “One outfit down, two to go. Oh, wait, aren’t you a partner in the firm?” I nod. “Fuck Formal Fridays is what you should suggest, just so you can wear these jeans and…” He swoops on the boxes of boots I have bought but mostly never worn. “...now I glimpsed them earlier, where are they?!” He mutters to himself checking each box carefully.


I decide to open some wine while he hunts, and when I come back, I am relieved that not one of them hit the bad piles. “I am not doing this alone, you need to pull outfits together without me. Hunker down and...aha!” He pulls out a box and then looks crossly at me. “Are we going to have this conversation again about any of these?” He gestures to the boxes and I shake my head. “Good. Now show me what you’ve learned…check what you’re wearing Ms Fierce and dress from the feet up!”


I grin at him and start to look through the racks until I find it, grinning wider I turn to him, holding the evening dress that Lindsay loved me in so much, I cock an eyebrow and he gapes. “Oh honey that needs a special pile all of its own!”


BEN AND JUSTIN’S HOUSE - ALMOST MIDNIGHT


ATTIC


JUSTIN


“Ha-ah!” I gasp and lift my head from the pillows and look down. All I can see is the top of Brian’s head buried between my legs and all I can feel is him sucking me down like an industrial strength hoover! He nudges my leg wider and then lifts it over his shoulder and shuffles up slightly, which takes me down deeper. “Oh for...for...slow down!” I yell and grab the sheet and then his hand as he reaches to me, I tug frantically. “Please! W..wa...wait! I’m...can’t…!” I suck in lungfuls of air and clench my stomach muscles in an effort to control the intensity but I am too far gone. I sink back down and let it wash over me...but it’s not a wash, it’s an avalanche of pleasure sweeping through my body boomeranging from my toes to the roof of my skull and back again. I am wordless, all I do is pant through it and then, as if from a distance, I hear a growl and feel the sofa shake.


“Not...not that...come up here please.” I order as sternly as I can while trying not to smile as he delicately licks his lips before sliding up my body and planting kisses on the way. “Stop that and tell me what that deliciousness was about?”


“Your punishment for being a naughty little devil...my little Erinyes.” He murmurs planting a soft tastes-of-me kiss on my lips before swiftly stripping me off the rest of my clothes. “In you get.” He orders and I burrow under the blankets. He then slides, also naked, in behind me, and pulls me closer to him. “You were magnificent.”


“How? All I did was tell the truth.” I yawn and then turn into his chest. “Inside or out?” I murmur.


“Inside, I like to grind against your thigh first thing in the morning, since you insist on sleeping in so damn late!”


“Mmmm. I would like to point out that sometimes I am not asleep when you do that.”


“I know...the little whimpers give you away. So, let me tell you a story about a devilish beat down…”


Start of flashback

WOODY’S


BRIAN


We are tucked into a booth at the back, having just had dinner. Well, just walked out before we could eat dinner as the waiter had clearly not got the I’ve retired and am with my boyfriend looks I gave him and kept hitting on me. I had to almost fireman lift Justin out before he caused major damage. So, now he is tapping the table impatiently, as we wait for the food, and, judging by the lip biting, hoping I am not too mad.


“I’m not mad.” I whisper hotly in his ear causing him to shiver but more importantly relax.


“Hihihi!” Emmy calls out as he approaches with a grin and an additional jacket, he catches my frown and rolls his eyes. “Brandon. I told him he would be too warm with the damn thing, but does he listen? Our men, what are we going to do with them?” He looks at Justin who just smiles and shrugs.


“Where is your Stud anyway?” I ask, and he points at the bar. “Want another?” I ask my man and he nods. I head to the bar and quickly locate Brandon. “What’s up, doc? Anyone die on the table today?” I tease him, and he elbows me in the stomach. “Got served?” He sighs and shakes his head, Carlos is grinning at us both before he mouths and points at the barmen, who are both in the middle of large orders.


I look at Brandon and he has the same expression on his face that I can feel on mine. “Go over to the other side. And wait for my signal.” He nods and grins wider, then I catch Carlos shaking his head. I wait for him to get in position just as the newbies start to make their next cocktail, we both click our fingers. They freeze, look around the bar and then at each other.


“Well, whatcha gonna do?” Carlos calls out. “You either complete the orders or serve the Studs and maybe, just maybe, they may thank you in their own deep and existential way…”


The bar area goes a tiny bit quieter before one of them reaches for a tumbler. “You take Beam straight with ice and he…” He points Brandon out to his colleague. “Ciroc and tonic with ice.”


“And a Cosmo.” Brandon calls out.


“And make that two Beams.” I smirk.


They just nod and get our drinks for us and we leave them hefty tips each before heading back to the only men we will get deep and existential with for a very long time. We discover they have been joined by Ted and seem to be in the middle of a game of Top or Bottom. I retake my seat and Justin leans against me. “Food not arrived yet?” He shakes his head sadly and I am about to signal Carlos when he comes up with it.


“Sorry guys. Had to get it redone, that fucking oven packed up again.” He sighs heavily and then starts to head back to the kitchen.


Ted clears his throat hard. “You know, it would cost about $70-100K to bring it up to spec, and would save you clicking your fingers and frightening the newbies.” He raises his glass and when I nod takes after Carlos.


“Top definitely.” Emmett says about a Wolf that strides by and Brandon frowns. “Watched not done.” He smiles.


“Oh, bottom for sure.” Justin giggles, as a twink totters after his boyfriend.


“Top.” I point to a tall dark haired man and Justin shakes his head. “Justin, he’s a top.” Emmett and Brandon both turn to where we are pointing and like Justin, Brandon shakes his head. “Okay maybe not all the time, but for the right guy…” I look at Justin when I say this. “...he bottoms.”


“That’s something you’d never do no matter who the guy is, isn’t that right, Brian?” An all too familiar nasal whine interrupts our evening.


“Absolutely not. You are so right, Michael.” Lindsay trills as she puts the glass down. “So…”


“Front and back never to be screwed twats.” Emmett snarks, causing Brandon to cough into his Ciroc. “And you are wrong, Michael, and you know you are. Brian has bottomed for me, remember? Your mommy set it up, and told you, so that makes it true!”


Michael colours up and twists his lip. “But he never did it again, did he?!” He hisses.


“By mutual agreement. It was a deliciously hot, screaming means to an end. Besides, I’ve had him more than you ever will and I have to say…”


“I hope your taste in bedding has improved.” Justin interrupts him and sips his drink.


“What are you talking about?” Michael turns to him. “What bedding?”


“In your bedroom. At your Mommy’s house. Which they fucked on...oh wait he tossed him and then fucked him on. It was Captain Astro I believe.”


The entire table goes quiet and I look across at a smirking but shocked Emmy, so if he didn’t tell him about that, then who did?!


“Y...you...you fucked him in my room?!” Michael glares at me.


“No he fucked him in your room.” Justin corrects him oh so sweetly. “At least the walls, if they could talk, will have something more to talk about than your one man fumblings. It must be so disheartening when your hand won’t even get you there.” He turns to Brandon. “Is there a medical name for it, I know the Latin is wankusinterruptus but the medical terminology I am not sure.”


“Michael, let’s go.” Lindsay whispers hoarsely but he shakes off her hand.


“You’ve never fucked anyone else! And you’ve never fucked anyone! You are bottoms who are mere playthings for…”


“He topped me this weekend.” Brandon interrupts. “I’ve been meaning to talk to you about that, Brian. The finger thing…”


“Oh that. Ems is one of these people, like me, who is lucky in that he has long fingers that are almost comparable to the size of his…”


“Bullshit!” Michael is close to screaming and people are beginning to turn and watch, Lindsay, ever the survivalist, starts to back away, but is pushed back to the table by the arrival of Ben and Benson.


“Hi guys!” Ben looks around at the expressions on our faces. “What’s going on?”


“Michael is refusing to leave the La-La-Land he’s in by acknowledging that his own pathetic dreams are dashed to dust. Because, not only has Emmy had Brian and Brandon, but I have had Brian, and will continue to do so whenever he wants.” Justin explains.


“You! Have! Not!” Michael is close to imploding.


“Yes, he has.” Benson tells him. “Oh, fellah, you need to breathe there, mate, or you are going to pass out. But back to the topic. Not sure if they’ve done it recently but they were in the cabin in the woods, top film but scary as fuck, on my old man’s estate, they definitely did, and he definitely did. More booze, folks?”


“It's on the house.” Carlos comes up with Ted. “Can’t have my partner or his selective circle of friends paying for their drinks now can I?”


“We’re set.” Ted grins. “Will draw the paperwork up tomorrow.” He sighs as he notices Michael and Lindsay. “Why?”


“No idea, but it’s been fun to watch.” I snicker, and then look at Justin, and judging by those blazing eyes, he’s far from done!


“It’s a shame really. Just think if you hadn’t been such a petulant shrivel head on that trip he might, just might, have gotten desperate enough to get that need met, but then, oh but then, you dropped your towel and…” Again he sips his drink. “...now how was it you described him to Debs? Oh yes, so small he could inhale you up his nostril and still breathe. He does not have that problem with me.”


“Michael, we need to leave now!” Lindsay clamps down on his arm and he allows her to pull him from the table.


“Oh, Lindsay, meant to say, see you next week.” Justin trills.


“Next week? Why on earth would you and I be seeing each other next week?” She snipes.


“Country Club Annual Dinner. Everyone here assembled plus Mel, Cyn, Daph and Diana will be going, we're on the top table. Mom said your name was down along with his…” He nods at Michael. “...I am not sure where you would get a black tie bib from, but I’m sure a resourceful la...person such as yourself could find one. I’ve seen him eat. It, like you, is not pretty.”


Her face is a picture of fury, disbelief and, I do believe, jealousy. There was a definite twitch when Mel was mentioned, and with one more scornful look at the table from her, they depart, she dragging him behind her like a whipped puppy.


I turn to Justin and he looks up at me with a soft smile playing round his lips. “Justin, we need to leave now!” I order.

End of flashback



Chapter End Notes:

Please be kind and constructive if reviewing, thank you.