- Text Size +

CHAPTER 49 - BOY’S WEEKEND...PART 1 - LEARNING THE TRUTH


BRIAN


I snicker quietly to myself and resist the temptation to respond. As we are separated into groups, I notice that I am not in the same group as Alan, but he is in the same group as Maude, our other protector. It came to our notice in some classes that Norman would sometimes just watch quietly and nod, and then one day he took me to one side and told me he knew. That it was Maude who pointed it out and they would keep quiet. I asked him how they knew, he said it was very simple...he would look for me in class. No matter where I sat he would look.


“Okay everyone, I think now would be a good time to take your first picture!” Justin calls out and he goes around individually checking for focus, lighting and positioning. I notice that Alan is sitting down chewing on a stalk of grass, aiming for the coolness of James Dean but looking like Elmer Fudd! Although every part of me wants to pull partner rank at the way he is salivating over Justin much like a wolf over a wounded bison, I know he has to handle this.


“Alan? How many pictures have you taken?”


“One, Mr Taylor. And it’s perfect.”


“I see. But I will be the judge of that.”


“I could show you if you want.” He smirks.


“I do want, but tomorrow with the rest of the class.”


“Sure I can’t tempt you with a private viewing after this field trip?” He drawls.


“Absolutely. I have a partner who is all man, not whatever the hell you are aiming to be. Your offer may not be off-colour, but it is borderline. Stop it now. I am not interested, will never be interested, and will be having you transferred out of my class in the next ten minutes!”


“You can’t do that!” He squeaks, all swagger gone.


“Can.” Justin retorts before taking his phone out. “And will.” We all watch in silence as he places a call. “Dean Campbell, this is Justin Taylor. I am sorry to have to call you this late, but I have a problem with a student, Alan Thorncroft. He has been making inappropriate remarks on a field trip towards me, and I would like your permission to return him to Buhl? Okay, thank you. Norman and Maude will wait with Alan and I, the rest of the class, led by Lillian, can continue the rest of the field trip. Can you send me an email confirming his removal from my class with immediate effect? Thank you so much.” He ends the call and then looks at Alan who is now standing and looking very annoyed. “Sit down, Alan.”


“And if I don’t, Mr Taylor Sir? I need this fucking class for my credit and you are not kicking me out of it!”


“I am not kicking you out, I am transferring you. You will still be in a class, but not mine.”


I put my equipment bag down but see Norman, behind Justin, subtly shake his head.


“Oh, that’s okay then. As for you, I am no longer interested...” He looks at me. “...now him I am interested in. The…”


“Who you are interested in is not my concern. The rest of the class will continue ahead…”


He waves Justin’s words away. “Shut up, Teach. Mr Kinney, I want to be fucked by you, what do you say?”


“No.”


“You do want me, I can see it.” He brags.


“I don’t…”


“Mr Kinney? Please, can you continue up the mountain and we will join you?”


“Yes, Mr Taylor.” I reply, and feel a little twitch.


“Since I am no longer answerable to you, I can go where I please, and I choose to follow that very fine ass up…”


“ENOUGH!” A voice bellows. We all turn to the source and striding towards us is Assistant Dean Stone, and my heart stops! It’s not as if Justin and I would stop seeing each other, far from it, but our relationship could have an impact on his professional reputation. “Alan, get in the car right now and not another salacious word from you!” He obeys like a lamb, while Justin and I exchange worried looks. It is only when the door slams that Dean Stone turns back to us. “I am so sorry, Mr Taylor. We had hoped that he would not act up. He’s a trust fund kid, used to getting his own way.” He turns to me. “I hope that he didn't cause you any discomfort, Mr Kinney. Your, ahem, status, on Liberty Avenue, should not have laid you open for his kind of attention.”


I could have seen the flash of annoyance in Justin’s eyes from the other side of the world. Time to step up.


“No, it shouldn’t, but I am a big boy. What disturbs me is that you knew this child’s reputation and you still put him in Mr Taylor’s class. To what end?”


“There was no end.” He sighs. “He just needs to knuckle down and pass his GED but he gets distracted and…”


“His GED?” Norman echoes. “How old is he?”


The Dean shifts uncomfortably. “27.”


“Assistant Dean Stone, we will be discussing this further, but right now I want to finish my field trip and have a nice weekend.”


“Of course, Mr Taylor, of course. We will understand and respect whatever decision you reach.”


MICHAEL’S HOUSE - TWENTY MINUTES LATER


LOUNGE


MICHAEL


The Joker in me is feeling pleased. I have my List of Destruction prepared. I need to call the authorities about Woody’s allowing under aged drinking and their members’ thingy place for dubious porn, so that fixes both Emmett and Ted as well. Ma told me who her officiant is for her wedding so I will cancel him nearer the time! But the best thing is that I can get that fat assed blonde bastard fired, or at least in deep shit! I have just remembered that he’s a teacher there and Brian is in his class! I shall enjoy making that call immensely!


BUHL PLANETARIUM - FRIDAY AFTERNOON


JUSTIN’S CLASS


JUSTIN


I can’t believe they set me up, thinking that I would be harassed, or even worse, flattered into giving him an easy mark! I was so fucking pissed off, and then deeper in love because Brian said he was absolutely fine with me blowing off steam without him, so I went for an angry jog and boxing session before going back to mine.


We have almost reached the end of show and tell from the field trip. Brian is the last one to show, as he had that client pitch that I interrupted him in the middle of doing...ahem!


Everyone is talking about Alan’s behaviour, and the Assistant Dean ears got a real blistering by the time I finished speaking to him.


“Sorry, Mr Taylor!” Brian calls out as he enters. “Unavoidable meeting.”


“I trust it was successful?” I ask politely.


“Oh, very, I intend to celebrate its success long, deep and hard into the night this weekend.”


“I see. Well, if you could forward the pictures to me so that I can put them on screen that would be great.”


“Of course, Mr Taylor.” He sits down right in front of me and does as I ask, I catch my awww when the first picture comes through of Little Grub grinning gummily at me. “Oh, sorry about that, wrong photo. It’s these three.”



“Very nice!” Norman exclaims. “You really are very good at this, Brian.”


“Thanks, Norman, I just caught them right, that’s all.”


“That’s all!” Maude grouses good naturedly. “Seven of the ones I took were too dark to see!”


We spend the rest of the class discussing and comparing pictures before we call it a day.


“Mr Kinney? A moment please.” I call out to him and he saunters back to his seat.


“Problem, Mr Taylor?”


“Not as such. He’s right you know, you really are very good at photography, much better than this class…” He frowns. “...look, I am not teacher’s petting you, but these are exhibition quality. You should really consider a show.”


He blushes, so adorably I have to fight the urge to kiss him. “Seriously? You think I could?”


“Absolutely! Those three are perfect, and I mean perfect, though I would change the order of them.”


“I will think about it.” He ponders for a while. “Okay, I’ll do it. Is that all, Mr Taylor?”


“Yes, that is all.” I keep behind the lectern and am glad I did as Dean Campbell enters. “Can I help you?”


“Yes, I am glad I caught both of you.” He looks nervous. “I understand you spoke to Assistant Dean Stone earlier…”


“I didn’t speak to him.” He looks puzzled and goes to interrupt but I shake my head. “I gave him, as my friend says, a fucking bollocking. It was a well deserved one.”


“Indeed it was.” He rests against one of the desks. “Can we consider this matter resolved? Obviously, you both have my deepest and sincere apologies for what occurred. “


“If a member of my staff did that, regardless of the fucking bollocking he got, he would be suspended at least.” Brian growls standing up straighter. “He abused his position, and you are letting him walk on water for it.”


“No, Mr Kinney, I haven’t let him walk on water. He has been written up.”


“That’s something I suppose. Well, if you will excuse me, I have a filthy weekend to prepare for.” The Dean laughs, which takes us both by surprise. “What’s so funny?”


“I am neither blind nor stupid. You, on the other hand, Mr Taylor, are very professional and discreet. It’s a class once a week. If it was any more than that, then I would request that he be transferred, but it’s not so I won’t.” He heads to the door but then pauses. “And he’s right, you do have a good eye for photography. Enjoy yourselves.” With a small wave he leaves and closes the door.


“Uh…” Is all I can say, and Brian sits back down.


“Well fuck me!” He chuckles.


“I intend to. Let me just get my things!” I giggle.


OUTSIDE BEN AND JUSTIN’S HOUSE - TWO HOURS LATER


BEN


You are kidding me?! I can’t believe that this is what he hired, this is not a minivan! I turn to face him, in fact, we are all staring incredulously at him.


“I know, I know!” He looks so embarrassed. “I said minivan to my old man and he sends a Cadillac Escalade SUV!”



“Well.” Emmett grins. “Which one is ours?”


“The first one is me and Ben, then Brian and Justin, then you and Brandon and Ted and Blake you get the last one.”


“Always said you were a bottom guy, Schmidt!” Brian quips.


“Funny!”


“Uh, Benson, there is a guy in the car.” Justin points out.


“Yeah, the drivers. Saves on arguments.”


“Alright, get in the back, Doc, I have a pair of lips I want to ravage!” Ems declares before frowning. “Is there…”


“Yes, and the seats go back too!” Benson chuckles.


“Wagons roll!” I declare.


OUTSIDE BENSON’S FAMILY HOME


TED


I turn to an equally, if not more stunned Blake. “Is that a…”


“Castle. Yes.” He gawps.



“Uh, Benson? Where exactly are we?” I ask.


“My folks place. Let’s go in.” He replies briskly, and shakes his head at the driver. “I can manage.”


“Yes sir.” He bows...actually bows!


“Did he just…”


“Bow. Yes he did.” Blake murmurs.


As we follow him in, nobody says a word. “Can you guys excuse me a minute? I need to speak to my old man, won’t be long, just wait here.” We nod as we are just so surprised, we are all just looking around when a group of well dressed men approach. “Good evening, gentlemen, my name is Wilson and these are your pages. I hope the journey was pleasant?”


“Yes it was, thank you.” Justin steps up to the politeness plate. “Um, excuse me Wilson, but we’re not sure what is going on here.”


“I shall let his highness explain all. Now please follow us, we will show you to your rooms.”


“Pages? Rooms?” I mutter.


“And what’s this his highness shit?” Ben snipes, clearly unimpressed by this side of Benson.


Wilson stops and turns around. “Excuse me, sir, but his highness is not a shit, and I will not have you address him as such.”


“He has you call him his highness!” Ben retorts. “A bit pretentious isn’t it.”


“No, it is not at all pretentious, it is his correct title.” Wilson returns fiercely. “He has tried to get me to call him by his name at all times, and in the privacy of his quarters I do so, but not when there is company. His highness is as formal as I will get.”


“His title?” Ben echoes. “What are you talking about?”


Wilson’s expression softens and he smiles. “He’s not told you then?”


“No, Wilson, I haven’t.” Benson sighs and he joins us looking bashful and uncomfortable. “I didn’t want to make it a big thing, but I have to tell you something if we...”


“Tell me what?” Ben demands.


Wilson squeezes Benson’s arm. “I take it he is Ben?” Benson nods. “I see. Gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to Prince Benedictine Francis I.”


“Prince what?!” Ben exclaims, dropping his bag in shock.


“Benedictine Francis I. At your service. Guvnor.” Benson bows.


“You’re a prince, a proper, real like royalty prince?!” Emmett squeals.


“Yes.”


“So this is….?” Ben gestures.


“The family home.” He sighs and sounds so defeated. “Can you at least let me explain before you go back?”


“Question? Where were we? I mean the cabin, what’s that?” Justin asks his eyes wide.


“The summer palace, sir.” Wilson smiles. “He’s never brought anybody here, you must be very special to him. Please allow him to explain, Ben, please?”


“Summer palace.” Ben murmurs. “You have a summer…”


“May he explain?” Wilson presses, and I feel a lump form in my throat. This elder statesman of a man clearly adores Benson, I mean Prince Benedictine.


“Yes, but I need a drink or two!”


“I suggest the lower drawing room, your highness. I shall have the cars brought around in the interim.”


“Thanks, Wilson.” Benson mumbles. “This way.”


LOWER DRAWING ROOM


BENSON


Six pairs of incredulous and one pair of incredulous and pissed eyes are focused on me. I finish pouring the brandies and sit down opposite them. “Long and short, my old man is a prince. He met my mom when he was in his early 20s, and it was love at first sight, but his folks weren’t having it. Said give her up or leave the family. So he gave up the family and married her…”


“You said he’s your stepfather, you said…”


“Ben, listen.” Justin chides him, and he huffs an angry breath. “I get that you are feeling a bit blindsided, but did you not hear what Wilson said?”


“What?” He grumps.


“You must be very special to him. He’s not brought anybody here.” Brian reminds him.


He fiddles with his glass. “Then what happened?”


“He arrived.” A voice makes us all jump, and into the room comes my mom! “Hello, everyone, I’m Grace, or, his old lady as he calls me!”


“You said you wouldn’t be here!” I growl.


“I know, but I couldn’t resist and…”


“Neither could I!”


“Dad!” I almost scream. “Why? Just why?!”


“You call asking if we were going to be home as you want to bring a friend around, and you don’t think I am going to try and see who this friend is?! You are my son, you sprung from my loins, so you should know better!”


“DAD!” I do scream much to Ben’s amusement...at least he’s smiling, even if it is at my expense!


“So, Ben is?” Mom asks and he puts up his hand.


“Oh, what excellent taste you have!” Mom fans herself.


“MOM!” I bellow, and want to crawl under a rock and stay there!


“What? I didn’t get a proper look at the…”


“And that means?” I sigh, knowing exactly what it means. “How many?”


“Just two.” Dad smiles and then holds out his hand to Ben. “Nice to meet you.”


“Likewise, uh…”


“Valentin. And they are off you now, I promise.”


“How many what?” Emmett asks.


“Security detail.” Dad explains. “He hates it, says he can look after himself, which he can, but as a prince he…”


“I thought you gave the family up.” Ted frowns.


“I did, but then his grandmother took one look at him and fell in love. But we were in England by then. She gave me my title back, but I refused to come home. It would’ve been too dangerous. Yes I am a minor royal, but I won't take a chance on their safety. In England, yes, were we’re an anomaly but an anonymous one.”


“Very Edward and Mrs Simpson.” Brandon laughs.


There is a discreet cough and Wilson is in the doorway. “Are the gentlemen ready to leave now, your highnesses?”


I don’t look at Ben, just at my glass and wait for his response.


“No, but I would like to speak to his highness in private.” Ben replies.


BEN


Everyone leaves pretty quickly, and Wilson gives me a small smile as he shuts the door.


“So where are you on the pissed off scale?” Benson asks, staring at the bottom of his glass.


“I’m not pissed off. I was, like Justin said, blindsided. I just never had you down as a prince.”


He looks nervously at me. “Does it make a difference now?”


“Only if you want me to call you your highness!” I grin at him and he grins back. “So, do you have a surname?”


“The family name is Zhernakovdakovich.”


“Zherna…I can see why you would shorten that to Francis! And you get your bossiness from your Dad I think.”


“I am not bossy, I am…”


“...a royal, but delicious pain in my butt. Now come here, your highness!” I laugh as I find myself with a very relieved 300 pound of muscle man in my lap!


OUTSIDE BLUE MOON HOUSE - SATURDAY MORNING


MICHAEL


I can’t believe I was so stupid as to forget this! I post the note and knock hard a few times and wait. Nothing happens. I knock again. Still nothing happens. “Clearly he has forgotten that I am very determined, I managed to get him to kowtow to me many a time, but now I am determined and vengeful!” I mutter.


“He’s not in!” A voice calls out, and I turn to see the owner of it.


“Do you know where he’s gone? I’m an old school friend and wanted to surprise him with my visit.” The guy starts to laugh. “And what is so amusing to you?!” I demand.


“Sorry, but, it’s just what he said he was going to be doing.”


“Which is?” I almost, hiss with frustration!


“Are you from around here, as in Pittsburgh?”


“No.”


“Oh, no matter, you won’t understand the places I am talking about, but you will, as an intelligent guy, see the funny side of it. There was a comic book store there, but it’s not there anymore, and Kinney owns the stock from it.” Yes, I fucking know that, this is why I am here! I paid for some of that, and I want them back! “Well, this weekend he’s going to dispense with it and some of the other things that he had from the guy.”


“Other things and what guy?” I query, starting to fume. If he thinks he’s keeping that money from the sale, he has another fucking think coming!


“Just some godawful kitchenware. Not sure how old the guy was, but he should’ve grown out of that childish phase by now. Anyway, so he’s taken the entire thing to…”


“Auction?” I smirk, I know him and money!


“Auc...no. His friend has an estate and they are going to burn all of the toys and comics from the store for the BBQ and use the kitchenware for target practice with a twelve gauge shotgun!”


ZHERNAKOVDAKOVICH PALACE - TWENTY MINUTES LATER


BEN AND BENSON’S BEDROOM


BENSON


Ben was looking around our room in awe, but now I have him on the bed and we’re kissing. Well, we were, but now my phone is buzzing. “Benson.” I growl as I answer and then smile, nod and hang up. “Now, where were we?”


“You’ve done something.” He states, putting his finger to my lips. “You tend to look like that when you’ve done something you really shouldn’t have. Like eating Justin’s ice cream and having to get up at the crack of dawn to replace it, when he was coming back early.”


“I have done something.” I nuzzle his nose before giving him a sweet but hot kiss. “I have done something for the Jeremys everywhere!”


“Going to tell me what?”


“Nope, you will see tomorrow.” I tell him firmly. “You sure you still want to date this Black Russian? I mean seriously, there is a lot of shit I sometimes have to do, and…”


“Like what?” He laughs.


“State dinners. There are two of them each year, in summer and winter. The summer one is coming up, if you want to come. You don’t want to do the winter one, we never go, too fucking cold! The only reason we do the summer one is because…” I stop talking because he looks astonished. “...I know it’s full on, but…”


“Benson, it’s fine. Just takes a bit of adjustment. Oh, why Benson by the way?”


I drop my head on his shoulder. “Pure irony. There was a TV series called Benson with Robert Guillaume as a butler in a Governor’s house, he was the smartest one there. Closest to Benedictine I could get.”


“So anything else you want to tell me about yourself?”


“Yeah, a couple of things. First, I have a dog. Well two dogs...”


“I love dogs; so why are you saying it like that?”


I fiddle with my phone and then turn it to face him.



“Meet Hagrid and Sirius.” He gapes at the picture. “Yeah, also a complete HP - and I don’t mean the sauce - geek.”


“Where are they?” He starts to shove me off the bed. “Must meet and get snuzzles now!”


I pin him back down. “Snuzzles? Did you say snuzzles?” He nods and then licks those wonderful lips of his. “Can you meet them tomorrow?”

 

“Definitely.”

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks.