- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Credit for the Lindsay plot point goes to BlueMyst. Thank you my dear!

CHAPTER 50 - BONFIRE OF THE MEMORIES, BLUNDERBUSSES AND THE FLOATING OFF OF INANITIES...BOYS WEEKEND PART 2


TED AND BLAKE’S TURRET - NEXT MORNING


BLAKE


I look up and Ted is creeping across the room. “You’re awake.” He whispers as he makes it into bed.


“Why are you whispering, and where were you creeping around like that?” I stretch before getting back into position.


“Bathroom. I didn’t want to wake anybody up. It’s a gorgeous day, well it looks like it’s going to...what’s so funny?”


“Teddy, we have our own turret, the only person you have woken up is me! Now go back to sleep!” His laughter rumbles against my back. “Oh, before you do that, we have to meet with the architect on Wednesday. We’re at final stage now.” He gives me a squeeze. “I can’t wait for the stuff to go in, or to start on the wedding cake.”


“Do you know what we are doing today?” He yawns and pulls the blanket up higher.


“Nope, but Benson said he will explain after breakfast. Now sleep, it’s six a fucking clock in the morning!”


“My bladder can’t read a watch. When it needs to go, it needs to go!” He murmurs, and I tap his hands. “Yours can’t tell the time either!” He calls out as I rush to the bathroom.


BEN AND BENSON’S ROOM


BENSON


This is ridiculous! I tap his thigh and he stops. “What’s wrong?” He whispers.


“That! It’s too quiet!” I glare at him. “The walls are seven inches thick and we’re in my chambers. My folks have gone and nobody will dare disturb us! Make some damn noise! Fuck me like normal!”


“Yes, your highness!” He growls, and his next thrust renders me mute with pleasure!


EMMETT AND BRANDON’S TURRET


EMMETT


“Was that okay?” Little Sprite looks nervously at me and continues to stroke my heated backside.


“Delicious.” I reply, and slowly sit up and then astride his lap. “Thank you for that.”


“Why did you want me to?”


“Sometimes, I just get the tingle and…”


“I see. So...um can we try again?”


“Binding in public? If you want, but not this weekend. Okay?” He nods. “However, should you feel the need to misbehave, I can show you how I do this…” He squirms. “...and I do it oh so very well. I have been known to get a man to the point of no return...”


“That’s possible?” He licks his lips.


“Be naughty and find out.” I raise an eyebrow.


“Oh I will. But, speaking of point of no return…”


BRIAN AND JUSTIN’S TURRET


JUSTIN


I sit up and look out of the beautiful arched window, it looks like it’s going to be a wonderful day. I smile at my covered mug and ponder where my errant Omega has gotten off to. As I sip my coffee, I am surprised to see him coming through the door fully dressed, but his hair is damp. “Where have you been?”


“Outside. This place is beautiful, look at that view…” He says, shucking off his pants and sweatshirt and getting back into bed, I hiss at the coldness of his feet against mine.



“...sorry, it’s not as warm as it looks.” He reaches for his camera. “I took these.” He sets the camera up and hands it to me. “For the exhibition…”



“They’re...Brian, they are wonderful. How long were you out there for to get these?!” I look up at him with pride.


“Since about four.” He shrugs.


“What are you going to call it?” He frowns. “They need to be titled.”


“A Bug’s Life.” He rolls his tongue in his cheek and grins when I nod and put my mug down.


“Come on.” I tell him and get out of bed. He smiles as he follows me to the heavy table, with condoms and lube already in his hand. “I think you should teacher’s pet me over this…”


“On top of…” He purrs.


“On top of?” I look over my shoulder and shiver in anticipation as his cock begins to fill.


“Hmmm...I measured myself against the height of this table, and…” He lifts me up and pushes back so I am lying down with my legs dangling over the edge. “...it is perfect. Put this just above your beautiful butt and rest your ankles on my shoulders” He orders, and hands me a cushion and I get comfortable. “You look so hot!”


“Oh, this is going to be...ah-ah-ah!” I gasp as he starts to work me open, I reach for the condom and shake my head at the lube. “Bri...oh now please now!” I groan, and he quickly sheaths himself.


“Ready? Justin? Are you ready?” He moans.


“Uh…” Is all I can manage before he enters and bottoms out.


“Oh, that’s the sweet spot!” He purrs and pulls me tighter to his pelvis and then starts to move in earnest. “Hah! Oh hah!” He cries out as he pumps into me.


“Christ! I...oh Christ!” I fling my hands behind my head, trying to grab anything that will transfer the wave after wave of pleasure coursing through my body. “Close!” I scream.


“NOW!” He bellows then stiffens, his mouth open wide, his hands flex on my waist, my toes scrunch tight, my ass clamps down then we explode within seconds of each other. He tenderly withdraws and gently lowers my legs, rubbing my hip joints to ease any pain. He scoots up to engulf my mouth in a searing kiss, while pushing me up the table.


“If I get splinters I will kill you.” I murmur.


“I have…” He breathes in with a very sexy smile. “...decided that we are getting a table like this for the garden at home, you happy about that?”


My heart beats a little quicker, although I have a key he has never asked what I would like in the house before. “I like the idea very much.”


“Good. Now let me check for splinters...with my tongue.”


LINDSAY’S COTTAGE - AN HOUR LATER


LINDSAY


I can find them! I know I can find them! This is just perfect! I have been spending the last few days trying to work out what to do with myself now I have all this free time, and I spotted it. An arts and photography exhibition at Carnegie Mellon, and there is a prize for the best drawing or photographs. I fully intend to win that $15000 scholarship...and I don’t care who I have to fuck or fuck over to do so!


ZHERNAKOVDAKOVICH PALACE GARDENS - TWENTY MINUTES LATER


WILSON


I make sure that everything is in order. The bonfire on the island is stacked high and will be lit later, the lanterns are prepared, and those too will be released later. I have a chuckle at what he has done, but then again he is a very inventive man.


“Morning, Wilson.” Ted calls out, and I head in his direction. “It’s a gorgeous place, I mean palace. So secluded and quiet.”


“Indeed it is, Ted. But if I may…” I look over my shoulder to make sure we are not eavesdropped upon. “...the quiet in your room only works if you shut the window.”


“I told you!” Blake blushes furiously. “I said it wasn’t shut!”


“How many...uh heard?” Ted stammers.


“Only those who were in the grounds, and they are the souls of discretion, or they will answer to me. All other guests, had their windows shut.” I reply with a smile.


“We will make sure it is shut from now on!” Ted babbles and drags Blake off.


“Hey, Wilson.” I smile as his highness walks over with a great big smile on his face.


“Judging by the walk, I take it that he is accepting of the situation?”


“Can’t call me by my first name in company, but can comment on my post-fuck walk? You are an odd bird, Wilson.”


“My adherence to protocol has many facets, your highness.”


“So you going to trust me with this gaff?” He links his arm into mine and rests his head on my shoulder.


“I shall be in the cottage if you need me, and, well you know it. All other staff will be relieved of their duties, until dinner. The food and drinks are set up. I want a promise, a promise, that you will dispense with the crockery first, before any drinks are imbibed?”


“In other words, you want us to do it now?”


“Please.”


“Alright, let me go get the boys and…”


“I will get it set up.”


BENSON


I head back to the boys who have all, judging by the lovey dovey behaviour, taken advantage of the privacy and romanticism of the place. “So, come on, let’s get this done. Wilson is having kittens over us doing this, pissed as farts and besides, Hagrid and Sirius don’t like the noise.”


“Uh, Benson, what and who are you talking about?” Brandon asks.


“Follow me and find out.” I lead them to a large table and Wilson has laid out the toys.



“What are they?” Brandon gasps.


“Blunderbusses. German. Been in the family for years. And we are going to use them to hit those targets over there…” They look where I am pointing.


“What in hell’s name is that atrocity?” Ben gasps as he takes in the full horror of the crockery.


“What that idiot ate off every day. He had stacks of the fucking things. This was not what Trey and Del found, now that stuff was…” I trail off. “...sorry, Brian, I didn’t think.”


“It’s okay, he’s part of my past and will remain there. So, how does this work?” He picks one up and looks surprised. “It’s quite heavy.”


“Has a kick to it.” Wilson intones. “Now I want you to all watch carefully, this is how you load the gun…” I have never seen the guys so focused. “...when firing, the trick is, if you are not using the sights, is to use your other hand to steady your arm and then fire. I am an old hand at this so do not, I repeat, do not do what I am doing!”


He lines up his arm and fires and there is a collective gasp as not only does he hit it dead in the centre, but the bang reverberates through us. “Now let's practice first…” For the next hour we practice before Wilson is satisfied that we can be trusted. “...I will take my leave of you all. Enjoy the rest of the shooting.”


For a few minutes, nobody says anything as he walks away. “How long has he…” Brian begins.


“He started looking after me when he was 16 years old. His family has always been in the business.”


“How old were you?” Justin asks.


“5 months old. My Grams sent him.” I smile at his retreating back. “He’s like a brother to me.”


“Is he gay?” Justin queries as one of the pages follows him at a discreet distance.


“Nah. He walked in on me once, passed clean out!” I wait for the laughter to die down. “That’s his son.”


“I miss being a big brother.” Justin sighs and Brian pulls him into an embrace and Ben looks sad.


“She is here, sweetie. Both she and you dad are right here.” Ems taps his chest and then his forehead. “You are still a big brother to her and a son to your father. Just because they are gone doesn’t make them any the less here.”


“Thanks, Ems.” He smiles and kisses him on his cheek.


“Speaking of gone...let’s annihilate those fucking awful things!” Brian declares.


“Oh fuck yeah!” Justin giggles.


An hour later, there is nothing but dust where his fugly crockery once were.


“I know it is really bad! But God that felt so good to do!” Ted laughs.


“Yeah it was!” Ems smirks. “Now before we proceed further, we have done the what, so whom is the who?”


“Whom are...oh Hagrid and Sirius! I will be right back!”


BEN


“Snuzzle time.” I grin at them, which does nothing to clear their confused expressions. “Oh Jesus they are huge!” I gape as two things happen...Benson is striding with a miniature stallions on either side of him, and the way be is striding is making my heart thrum.


“Everyone. This is Hagrid to my left and Sirius on my right.”


Silence and nobody moves...in fact nothing can be heard apart from their panting and the swishing of their tails in the grass.


“They are very friendly.” He frowns as he sees Wilson coming back wearing a jeans and a sweater with holes in it.


“Uh Wilson what…” I begin.


“They won’t believe it unless you show them.” He replies looking at Benson, who nods, then Wilson strides down the garden until he’s about twenty feet away from us.


Benson clears his throat. “Stand.” Hagrid and Sirius obey we all take a step back. “Potselui!”


Immediately they rush towards Wilson and we brace for impact but what happens is amazing, they slow down when they get within about five feet and then Hagrid rears up and with the gentleness of, for want of a better word, a butterfly plops his paws on Wilson’s shoulders and then washes his face! He drops down and then Sirius does the same thing.


“Still growing.” Benson grins goofily as they run back to him on his signal. “So who wants to play with them?”


“Me! Just a sec, they are still growing? How old are they?” Justin grins. “Love cats but love dogs more.”


“Five months. Birthday present from my folks. They are trying to get me to oh-so-subtly settle down.”


“I should say that the first stage is complete your highness!” Wilson snickers as he heads back to where he came from.


“So they look after this palace then, just the two of them?” I ask as six grown men run, whoop and gambol around with the dogs.


“No. They’re too precious to me to have them at my place, especially with him across the road.” He takes another picture. “And they are also a bit too big. No garden. We have another 15 dogs guarding the palace.”


“Really that little for a place this size?” I look around. “That’s enough dogs?”


“Let me call one!” He looks around and then pulls out his phone and speaks rapidly in Russian. “Be about five minutes.” Five minutes later, everyone is stock still and staring. “No sudden movements, nice and slowly come back to me. Now this girl is not friendly. She’s a working dog, completely focused. Does not play well with others. In fact does not play at all.”


“What is that…” Ems whispers having got behind both me and Brandon.



That was in the gardens this morning?” Brian croaks.


“Yep. Russian Caucasian Shepherd Dog or Bear Dog depending on how much you like titles. But so was her handler, so it was all good Guvnor.”


“Please don’t go out there tomorrow!” Justin begs quietly.


“I won’t.” He swallows hard. “I promise.”


“Teper' vy mozhete vernut'sya k svoyemu soobshcheniyu. Spasibo.”


“Da vashe vysochestvo.” Her handler says and they disappear back into the woods.


It takes a while for us all to relax. “What did you say just then?” Brandon asks.


“You can return to your post. Thank you,  and he said yes your highness.”


“And before? What was the pet...or pot something.”


“Potselui. Means kisses.”


BENSON


“Now come over here boys!” I lead them over to the bar area. “We are going to have a cocktail making competition. Each couple has to make a martini and then we taste them.”


“What about the blunderbusses?” Ems frowns.


“Ahem.” Is coughed discreetly. “I have been sent by…” Javid, one of the newest butlers, trails off when his eyes alight on Brian and then Brandon. “The Studs of Liberty Avenue!” He exclaims gawping. “You know them?!”


“Not as well as their partners do, Javid.” Wilson clips out. “Return to the castle, take Hagrid and Sirius with you and prepare for your departure. I will handle this.” He blushes and scurries away with Wilson shaking his head. “It is your fault, your highness!” He grumbles.


“What?” They all chorus.


“Javid has just joined us in service and has come out; but he…” He jabs his finger in my direction. “...has been filling his head with tales of Liberty Avenue. Twice I have caught him trying to get there...not to um sample your wares, I mean the...I uh…”


“Debs?” Ted looks at Brian and then Ems.


“Definitely Debs. I think she is in need of a lost boy. And one whose nappy she doesn’t have to change literally and figuratively.” Brian replies before looking at Ems who is already dialling a number.


“Debs, darling it’s Ems. Will be quick, but we are in need of some Mother of the Avenue guidance…”


MEL’S COTTAGE - SAME TIME



LOUNGE


MEL


“So now what am I doing wrong?” I demand as Drey pulls his feet firmly out of reach. “Not funny, help me!”


“Okay let’s try again!” Daph fails to keep laughter out of her voice. “Come on Drey put them in my lap. Now watch.”


I watch again as she shows on the now puddle of bliss that is Drey, how to do a foot massage. Diana has been complaining of sore feet all week and I want to make her feel better. “You should not go at it like a monk on a day off. Firm but gentle.”


“I would’ve preferred nun, but I get the gist.”


“So I hear that you are going to the country club picnic and Diana is bringing Henry?”


“Yeah. He’s a sweet kid.” I fiddle with the glass for a minute. “Can you…”


“My Mom will kill us if we didn’t bring Gus. Since, he’s her guest of honour. Cyn and Hunter will be there too.” I take a sip of wine. “And yes I have put down Trey and Del’s names too.”


“Jesus is it that obvious how nervous I am?!”


“Not nervous, in love, you are in love. Now back to the feet!”


PALACE GARDENS - FIFTY MINUTES LATER


BLAKE


“So much for friendly rivalry!” I laugh as we start to line up our martinis. “I knew that Brian wants perfection but really! That’s the second one he has thrown away. And Brandon is no better!” I tell Ted.


“Right before we taste, we have to have some food!” Benson declares and signals the waiters. “So we have vegan pizza, crunchy crubeens and chopped salad. That should soak that lot up nicely.”


“What’s a crubeen?” Justin asks.


“Pigs trotters, haven’t had them since I was a kid! Seriously they are so good!” Brian enthuses and takes two onto his plate.


Dubiously they reach for them but in seconds the platter is empty. “More then?” I suggest and get nods.


“Why them?” I ask after wiping my mouth...and watching for the return of the waiter.


“Old lady is from Irish stock, favourite of hers. As is the gin and tonic tart. Which will have when we have the bonfire.”


“You’ve actually set it up?!” Ems grins at Benson.


“Of course. Every little bit of it is there. Just need an archer and we’re good to go.”


“What’s going on?” Brian looks between Ems and Benson.


“You’ll see. Now whose cocktail is first?” Ems replies mischievously.


“Ours!” Ted declares. “We’ve made a Marmalade Martini.” He hands them around and I have to admit that they are really good....may suggest that this is put on the menu at the Library.


“Next is us!” Ben decides. “Millionaire’s Martini, classic vodka martini with a splash of champagne. They are deceptively strong!”


“You are not kidding!” I cough and put it down. “Much too strong for me.”


“Espresso Chocolate Martini from us!” Brandon serves and there are contented sighs as it slips down very well. “Yeah, it’s good we know.” He crows.


“Hold your bragging, you’ve not tasted ours yet.” Justin points out. “Brian, if you could please?”


“And this is?” Ems sips and then smiles. “Apart from lovely!”


“Lemony-blueberry Martini.”


“And it is also the winner!” Brandon grimaces. “I know when I’m beat but…”


“These would be perfect for Debs reception drinks. Or even at the Library, I noticed there aren't any cocktails on the drinks list.” Justin looks around and basks at the nods of approval. “Do you want to suggest to her that now? While we’re sober enough to remember.”


“It must be a twink thing Justin, as I was thinking the same thing for the Library. And as for suggesting these to Debs, no, not yet.” I reply looking at my watch. “Not just yet.”


NANCY’S HOTEL - SAME TIME


BAR 


NANCY


“But I don’t understand why I can’t! I refuse to accept this amount!” I gripe at Edward.


“The full and final payment means exactly that. If you chose to fight him in court it would, not could, would cost you at least that and you could end up with nothing.”


“There must be something I can do. I want what I am due! I gave him many years of my life and…”


“Cheated on me with him among others.” Ronald’s voice is Arctic cold and I feel chilled to the bone. I turn to face him with an equally glacial look. “Heard you left Lindsay’s and Lynette said this was a particular favourite hotel of yours. Not with you Edward, someone else.”


“What did you want Ronald?” I bite out ignoring the hurt expression on Edward's face.


“To advise you that I shall be in and out of the country for the next month for both business and pleasure.”


“And why should that be my concern? We are separated.”


“”I would rather you heard this from me than anyone else. I will not be going alone.”


“You are taking Lynette with you? She has always been your favourite! She even took precedence over me at some points!”


“Not with Lynette, another lady. You do know her and…”


“You cheated on me?!” I exclaim.


“You’re aware of the irony of that question, especially with me sitting here and what we have done earlier?” Edward points out tersely.


“Who is this creature?! I will name her in the petition against you!”


“She is someone I have always admired but never approached until I was certain our marriage had ended.” He raises his eyebrow as if challenging me to say otherwise. “Don’t come for more money Nancy. Mel knows everything and will not hesitate to make this as painful for you as possible.”


This is only the third time in my marriage that Ronald has rendered me speechless!


MICHAEL’S HOUSE - TWO HOURS LATER


KITCHEN


DEBS


“So does he know you are here?” He asks with an edge of hopeful malice.


“Of course he does, he’s waiting outside. I’ve just stopped by to say that I won’t be here for the next few days.”


“Oh, and where are you going to be?”


“New York.”


“What’s in New York? Are you taking your grandson?Or have the Daddies dumped him off on someone else?”


“No, he is with his Mother. Besides the first road trip has to be with his fathers. I think they are going next weekend. As for us, we’re going to visit a friend of Carl's.”


“Well, enjoy yourself. Don’t worry about me, not that you have been lately.” He snipes.


“I will and I won’t. The only person that should worry about you is you.”


“Me? Why should I worry about me? I mean…”


“You are too quiet, which means you are planning something.”


“I am not planning…”


“When Brian decided to go around the world, at first you were upset, but then you went quiet.”


“So?” He shrugs.


“Then you turned up on the trip of his lifetime, after lying to us both. You were so upset but then too quiet. That’s what I mean when I say you should worry, because if you do anything to fuck with anybody, I will come at your ass harder than a sex starved rhino!” I pat his cheek just that bit too hard and delight in his wince of pain. “Have a lovely weekend.”


PALACE GARDENS - EARLY EVENING


BRIAN


We all went back to our rooms to sleep off the Martinis and excellent food...and for me and Justin to work up an appetite!


“Gents, you will need these coats, it gets chilly by the lake.” Wilson orders as he hands out coats. “Once it gets going then you can take them off, but I would rather you had them.” He waits for us to put them on. “Now, if you will follow me to the carts, we shall be off. There are flasks of toddies for you all too.”


“Where are we going?” Justin calls out as we bundle into the carts.


“To see the Bonfire of the Memories and the Floating of the Inanities.” Ems calls out chuckling.


Ten minutes later we are staring at a fine and delicious smelling spread and in the distance can see something stacked high on an island in the middle of the lake. But it’s what in the lake that catches our attention. There must be thousands and thousands of floating lanterns.



“That is beautiful. Fuck no camera!” I almost pout, but stop myself in time.


“I will take pictures, Brian, of the lake...and the sky.” Wilson gives me a small smile.


“The…” I look up, and it too is filled with floating lanterns.



“What’s going on?”


“The lanterns are made from every comic that he ever owned.” Ems explains. “I can’t believe you took me up on this, but I am so glad that you did.” He smiles at Benson. “And over there on that island is every piece of stock from his store...dripping in kerosene.” He has that determined and steely look in his eye. “It has to end. I know you, you will always think what if. There is no what if. You must end this, Brian.”


“Can they do it, Guvnor?”


“It has to be done, you must remove every vestige of him. Ashes to ashes dust to dust.”


“Jeepers.” Justin breathes and then looks at my face and I feel sure that my confliction shows. “Can we have a minute, guys?” They leave us and he takes my hand. “What do you want to do?” I sigh. “Without thinking about it, answer immediately. What do you want to do?”


“Burn it.” I reply, and that both surprises and relieves me. “Burn it!” I call out with absolute surety, and Wilson nods.


“Come back here, Guvnors, let them do their thing.” Benson orders and we join them. Six men step forward, each carrying a bucket and a bow and arrow.  They spread themselves evenly along the shoreline before dipping their arrows in the bucket, and then I realise what they are going to do.


“Wait!” I yell and everyone stops, I look at Justin who nods and looks so proud. I inhale and step forward. “I want to...no, I need to start it to be finished with him.”


“Okay, in that case I think you should use this…” Wilson pulls out a crossbow. “I find it has much more accuracy for a novice archer.” He leads me to the middle of the archers and loads the crossbow and then dips it in the bucket. “Hold it absolutely steady...imagine hitting right at the heart of the pariah.” I nod and adjust the bow in my hands. “When I light it you must fire as soon as it catches. Understand?”


I nod again and wait for him to strike the long match and touch the kerosene soaked wad on the end. I can feel the heat on my face as it blazes into life and I pull the trigger. It flies across the water and it is so quiet we hear it land.


“Tell them.” Wilson whispers.


“Fire!” I yell.


All we hear are the pings of the arrows being released and then the thunk of them hitting the pyre and at first when they hit nothing seems to happen, Justin turns to Benson, who just smiles.


“Wait for it.”


Suddenly there is an enormous whoosh and the island is alight.


“Fuck me!” I exclaim and back up pulling Justin with me. “You can feel the heat from here!”


“Luckily the smell is going downwind. When we had a practice run we had to make sure that the wind was in the right direction, and tonight was perfect.” Benson smiles. “You good, Guvnor?”


“Better than good. Starving, what’s to eat?”


“Roast chicken, Persian herbed rice with broad beans, and my old lady’s tart, plus the winning martinis, wine and beer.”


An hour later we are sitting watching everything burn away and I start to laugh. “It’s a shame he won’t know about it.”


“Oh, he does.” Benson grins as he tucks the blanket around Ben. “Made sure he knew that you are here for a bonfire and what you would be doing with all of his stuff.”


We are all stunned into silence.


“How and be-cause?” I ask slowly.


“How was easy. Sent Wilson to make sure the message was delivered, and because…..well, he fucked me right off, so when Ems suggested it, I made it happen.”


“Speaking of making it happen, now don’t be mad.” Ted says, giving my arm a squeeze and I sigh. “She might not have done it, it was only a suggestion.”


“Get on with it.” I order crisply.


BLAKE


“Blake, the floor is yours.” Ted bites his lip.


“Well, I thought of it and ran it by him, and this was the only weekend that they could do it, and you have this exorcism as it were. And don’t take it out on Ted, it was my idea.”


“Just spit it out.” Brian almost growls.


“Debs and Carl may have gotten married in New York about two hours ago. They were visiting an old school friend of his who wouldn’t be able to make their wedding, because it clashed with his daughter’s, and…”


“Has she done it?” He asks quietly.


“Let me call her and find out.” Ems looks a little teary eyed and I begin to feel like a complete shit for even thinking of this, “Debs, it’s Ems. Blake told us that…” He clutches his pearls and then shakes his head grinning. “Okay, we will see you when you get back!”


“Right, so she didn’t do it?” I prompt.


“They couldn’t. They couldn't do it to us. We have to be there. No matter what happens, we have to be there. It has to be at Britin.” He snivels.


“Has she finalised the guest list?” Wilson suddenly asks.


“Not as far as I know.” I reply.


“Can you ask if two more people can attend?”


“You coming, Wilson?” Benson frowns.


“Oh no, Benson.” Wilson surprises us all by using his name. “Hagrid and Sirius will be accompanying you.” He reaches for a Martini and takes a measured sip.


“They will?”


“Yes, as your seeing eye dogs...and if he messes about, then he gets to see their eyes up close and very personal!” We all gaze at him in astonishment. “They won’t harm him, of course, but he doesn’t know that!”


“Call Debs and get the okay!” Brian snickers, and we wait for him to calm down. “There are two things that Michael is afraid of, and he’s already lost me. The other is big dogs!”




Benson and Ben’s Millionaire’s Martini - mix vodka martini and add champagne:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/221893/vodka-martini-cocktail/?internalSource=hub%20recipe&referringContentType=search%20results&clickId=cardslot%207

Ted and Blake’s Marmalade Martini:

https://www.sainsburysmagazine.co.uk/recipes/drinks/marmalade-martini

Emmett and Brandon’s Espresso Chocolate Martini

https://www.sainsburysmagazine.co.uk/recipes/alcoholic/espresso-chocolate-martini-drink-recipe

Brian and Justin’s Lemony-Blueberry Martini

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/148363/lemon-blueberry-martini/?internalSource=recipe%20hub&referringId=14932&referringContentType=recipe%20hub&clickId=cardslot%2054

Vegan pizza:

https://minimalistbaker.com/my-favorite-vegan-pizza/

Crunchy crubeens:

http://www.europeancuisines.com/Crubeens-Cruibini-Crunchy-Pigs-Feet-Trotters-March-14-2007

Chopped salad:

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/jools-s-chopped-salad/

Chicken: https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/roast-chicken-with-lemon-and-thyme-102159

Persian herb rice with broad beans

https://www.sainsburysmagazine.co.uk/recipes/mains/persian-herb-rice-with-broad-beans

Gin and tonic tart:

https://www.sainsburysmagazine.co.uk/recipes/desserts/gin-and-tonic-tart

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks.