- Text Size +

CHAPTER 57 - REALITY IS NOT SO MUCH A FRIEND OF YOURS


MICHAEL'S HOUSE, SEWICKLEY - MORNING, A WEEK LATER

 

MICHAEL

 

I take it in. Granted it is not as grand as the one he got me, his on, Ma’s, or Britin, but it is mine!

 

Image result for houses in sewickley

 

And it is away from them! After all, I couldn't just up and leave the Pitts, I have too much history here.

 

I was so peeved that the Super at the storage place was the guy I was bidding against, so decided to stop lining his pockets and am moving in today. Well, not moving in, just setting up home. I need to be in plain sight when I play my final hands, and then the Joker will make like the Invisible Man and disappear!

 

I wait for the truck to back down the road to the gate, and head to open the back door to my house. For the next four hours I get it the way I want it. “Now to get supplies.”

 

The grocery store is much better than the one near The Boulevard and the eye candy is too and no stupid cake shop, porn library or Babylon. I will be a totally new person here!

 

LINDSAY’S COTTAGE - SAME TIME

 

NANCY’S BEDROOM

 

NANCY

 

I heave a sigh of relief. After a week of calls and six hand-written and delivered notes, my apology to Justin and Jennifer has finally been accepted! I hop out of bed and go to locate Lindsay. I find her in the lounge, sorting through her etchings. I refuse to see them as art because there are much better ones...but entente cordiale is in effect for now!

 

“Lindsay, dear, they look great!” I fix a grin of admiration on my face, and she shrugs as if to say I know. “Are these the ones you finally selected to show?”

 

“Yes. The only downsides are that the judges are being kept a closely guarded secret.” She goes back to putting them in order.

 

“Sides? You said downsides…Lindsay are you alright? You seem very distracted.”

 

“Hmmm? Oh, the entries have to be anonymous, but my talent will speak for itself…have you invested the money that Daddy gave you?”

 

“Not yet, but it has cleared. Why? Do you want to borrow some?” I ask warily.

 

“Be calm, Mother, that is not the reason for the question. I was just curious, as you know I am okay, but the prize money from the art competition will be a lovely addition. Did you come down for something?”

 

I marvel at her supreme confidence, which could be mistaken for arrogance if she didn’t take after me. People need to know the difference between confidence and arrogance. We are just sure of ourselves and our place in the world and that is at the top.

 

“Mother?”

 

“Yes, my reason for coming down. They have accepted my apology and he said that he spoke in the heat of the moment.”

 

“Well that was responsible of him. He shouldn’t have goaded you like that should he? So it’s good that he’s taking his part of the blame. Such a filthy mouth on one that looks so cherubic.”

 

“Indeed. And speaking of filthy mouths, words will be had with Lynette over the use of that to describe me!”

 

“I was so shocked, and the fact that Daddy allowed her to get away with it uncensored!”

 

“To be honest, I am no longer surprised by the reptilian behaviour of your father, but Lynette was brought up with better manners than that!” I run my fingers through my hair, relieved that this little bit of animosity is now at an end. “So what are you going to do after you’ve finished with this?”

 

“Not sure, fancy doing some shopping and a nice lunch?”

 

BENSON’S HOUSE - TWO HOURS LATER

 

LOUNGE

 

WILSON

 

“Do you think they will do?” I can’t help the Cheshire Cat grin on my face. I am particularly pleased with the outfits for our special guests...three of them instead of two! After Carlos and I had our talk, it had to be done.

 

“You have surpassed yourself, Willy Boy!” Benson giggles.

 

“Please don’t call me Willy Boy, it sounds so effete.” I grumble good naturedly, knowing he’s going to do the opposite

 

“So what’s on the lower halves for the chaps?” He is clearly imaging Ben in it.

 

“Calfskin trousers and leather boots in either this style or that one, and maybe a cane? And for the ladies, tiaras? Well most of them.” I titter. “So Jennifer has it all in hand…” I wait for him to stop drooling over the trousers and concentrate on what I am saying, I clear my throat and that somewhat brings him out of his trance, but not quite. “...Your Highness, if you don’t mind I would rather you didn’t bone up over Ben when he’s not here.” This finally gets him to click away from the image, but not without saving it first. I tisk at his rhapsodising and turn his chair so he has his back to the screen. “So Jennifer is going to send a dove and invite Nancy, so that is...a dove is a peace offering.” I explain when he frowns. “Debbie has already said that the asswhore is bringing the daughter…” I sigh as his eyes drift to the window. “Should I come back when Ben is not expected?”

 

“He’s not com...expected. It's just what you said about asswhore. I saw him this morning, looking very chipper, so some shit is going to go down.”

 

“I expect so.” I remark, and then give what he said some thought. “Is he aware that Blake and Ted are engaged?”

 

“I don’t think so, no.”

 

“Perhaps you could suggest an announcement be made during the dinner?”

 

“And maybe a gift could be given to them by my folks?” His eyes twinkle with mischief.

 

“Gift? Do you mean?” He nods, grinning wider. “Just perfect. Will you speak to them or shall I?”

 

“I will do that, Willy Boy.” He replies with a wink.

 

I turn him back to the screen and kiss the top of his head. “Don’t call me Willy Boy!”

 

He snickers as he reaches for his phone and I smile as he asks his mother if she wants to get a little bit of payback!

 

BLOOM GALLERY - THURSDAY MID-MORNING

 

OFFICE

 

SIDNEY

 

I ignore my wife’s pointed look as I pull more entries out of the box for the bursary competition at Carnegie.

 

“One more box or even handful and you are judging them alone. I will be staying at home drinking that bottle of Montrachet that you’ve been saving for best, and I will have it with…”

 

“The last one!” I hold up the empty box as proof and she smiles her gotcha-smile. “You ready?”

 

“The things you make me do.” She grouses cheerily as she gathers up a handful and goes to the sofa. Soon I join her as we look through the pictures of their offerings, and although we are supposed to be professional at all times and not let our taste cloud our judgement, we are soon wondering if some were photographed let alone drawn in the dark! And in a couple of cases snorting in derision!

 

“Sidney? What are the rules of this competition?”

 

“Original works in the last six months, and…” She holds up an entry and I take my time apprising it, they are good so I am not quite seeing the problem.

 

“I, no, we have seen these before....” She puts an entry to one side. “...I am sure, oh it will come to me soon enough.”

 

I shrug and then chortle as I look at the next one and turn it to her. “I thought they had to be of university age? That was drawn by a two year old surely? It says their style is a mix of Matisse’s early works and Pollock’s intensity.”

 

“Pollock’s or bollocks?” She quips.

 

“The latter and...come!” I call out as the door knocks, I pray there is no more entries as she is one to follow through and she will drink the entire bottle!

 

“Hi Sidney and Mrs Sidney!” Cassidy beams. She like everyone, much to her delight, calls her Mrs Sidney when she’s here “Sarah asked me to bring this in while she brings in the other one.”

 

“Other one.” I echo weakly, and eye the box with trepidation.

 

“Hmm. Seems to be very popular this thing.” She places it on the table and my heart sinks, but then soars, for inside are not entries but donuts. “Booyah! I heard she threatened the Montrachet and couldn't resist!”

 

“You monster!” I chide her and then grab a donut. “Apart from almost making the oenophile in me weep, what did you want?”

 

“Wanted to give you the final guest list for the summer showing.” She hands it to me and plonks down next to us. “Can I be nosy and see what great or…” She gazes at the Matisse/Pollock entry. “...my oh my, I do believe the word we are looking for here is godawful!”

 

“To say the least.” I go back to reading the list and smile when I see a familiar name. “Mel is still coming then?”

 

“Uh huh.” She mumbles around a donut. “I really like Mel, saw her a couple of days ago looking very loved up indeed!”

 

“Define loved up?” I take another donut and hand it to Mrs Sidney.

 

“Victoria Secret’s loved up!” She giggles. “And she made her friend wait outside the store!”

 

“Do you think that she and Lindsay ever…” Mrs Sidney begins, then stops and picks up the entry she had set aside and hands it to Cassidy with a sneer. “I do believe we three have seen these before.” She regards it for a few long seconds and then rolls her eyes “Care to share with my oblivious and forgetful husband?”

 

“How can you have forgotten?!” She exclaims. “It was the most bore inducing snorefest ever. Yes, the art is passable, but as evenings go it is right down there with picking off lint from your jacket with boxing gloves on!” She titters as she flicks the pages. “Why do you...oh surely not?! She’s not entering is she?! She can’t enter, these are years old!”

 

I grab it off her and stare hard. “And they are, as you kindly put it, passable. But no these will not be in the bursary competition...and I shall tell her myself, eventually, if I have time.”

 

“Sidney.” I give Mrs Sidney my most innocent of looks. “Let me be there?”

 

“As one of the judges it is your duty. And you never shirk your duty.”

 

“Clothes yes, duty no.” She murmurs coquettishly.

 

“And I am outta here!” Cassidy chortles and swipes another donut as she leaves.

 

MICHAEL’S SEWICKLEY HOUSE - FRIDAY MORNING

 

MICHAEL

 

I smile as I open the front door and then stop smiling, for standing in the middle of my hallway is a guy I vaguely recognise and I am momentarily taken aback.

 

“Mr Novotny?” He asks somewhat coolly, not quite the warm and fuzzy greeting I was expecting considering I am paying a year’s rent!

 

“Good afternoon, you must be the realtor?!” I smile, but again his is cool, actually it borders on cold! “So shall we get started?”

 

“I’m…”

 

And then it hits me! “I know you, you were at the Greenfield Fayre! So you are a realtor when you aren’t getting people’s furnishings for a steal?” His coldness now extends to the look he gives me. “Well this is going to be fun for me. I am a very exacting tenant and am going to make sure that you do exactly what I want when I want it. Starting with taking that look off your face!”

 

“No, because it is my face and I can put what I want on it, just like this…” He falters as the door opens again. “...is my house. Christopher, hi, please cancel the lease agreement with this man immediately and return his deposit, less the amount for any damage caused of course. Can you do the inspection now? As for you, get out of my house you carping zounderkite!”

 

“Please, wait...just wait a minute! Let’s be reasonable now, I am already here and you are due a year’s rent from…” My guts twist as it dawns on me that if he follows through with this, I will have to repack and find another place...and this place was a steal!

 

“We are within the cooling off period, and after your display at the fayre I was definitely cool with you, but I am now cold! Christopher, here are the leases, please proceed.”

 

“Yes, Mr Peterkin.” He looks like he is enjoying his job way too much!

 

“Please don’t do this! I will have to find…”

 

“Your manners, good graces and compassion as well as somewhere to live? That is not my issue. Now as I said, I no longer want you as a tenant and I am returning any monies due.”

 

“I’ll pay double the deposit! I will do anything you want!” I beg.

 

“I see, that is more than generous.” He ponders my offer. “But I want you to leave, so leave and take your crap with you!”

 

STORAGE FACILITY - SIX HOURS LATER

 

Six hours later, I am right back where I started on Monday, but instead of taking stuff out of here I am putting it back. And in the few days that I have been out, my unit has been rented and the only one available is the next size up that costs an extra $40 a month! The Super almost keeps the look of glee off of his face...almost, but not quite!

 

As I head home, all I think is how much I am looking forward to the rehearsal dinner. Ma sent me the menu. It looks wonderful and this time I get to have truffle! Brian refused to let me have some when I was in Italy, I was so annoyed at his stinginess!

 

OUTSIDE ZHERNAKOVDAKOVICH PALACE - SATURDAY AFTERNOON

 

LINDSAY

 

This palace is incredible! Mother and I could not believe it when the cars came to pick us up!

 

Debs and Carl, amongst others, are still to arrive. Mother and Jennifer have been talking, seemingly without rancour, but Melissa has kept her distance. I have been saddled with Michael, but I will ditch him as soon as the other guests arrive.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen!” A man calls out - who has incurred Michael’s wrath by his very presence, judging by the vexatious look he is giving him - and waits for the chatter to die down. “My name is Wilson, and I am the Equerry to Prince Benedictine. We will be joined by the rest of the party shortly. In the meantime, please help yourselves to champagne and canapes.”

 

“Thank goodness for that, I am starving!” He moans and almost clears the canapes such is his need to slake his hunger! “Oh this is really good!” He exclaims as I get myself out of canape-crumb-fire.

 

“I am sure they are, but I would like a whole one myself, not the crumbs from you.” I retort, and of course he misses the inference!

 

“Lindsay!” Mother beckons me across and I head over swiftly. “Jennifer was saying that the outfits are from the Russian Court! Isn’t that exciting?!”

 

“Isn’t a cossack outfit too hot for now?” Michael asks, as he joins us ladened with more canapes, leaving a seething waiter in his wake.

 

“Cossack?” Jennifer queries frostily. “Why would it be Cossack?”

 

“What else would they wear then?” He turns swiftly and clicks his fingers. “Another glass of champagne!” The waiter approaches and then pauses before turning on his heel and walking in the opposite direction. “What the hell? I asked for…”

 

“And I turned him back.” Jennifer interrupts crisply. “Line your stomach with the food on your plate before you have anything alcoholic. Your mouth tends to run unguarded at the best of times.” He looks insulted. “Unless of course, you wish to leave the food and fix your own supper at your place? I am sure there will be no trouble finding a car to take you back.”

 

Mother and I hold our breath in fervent hope, but of course this time he gets the inference immediately and goes back to eating, mercifully with his mouth closed!

 

“They’re here!” Melissa suddenly calls out, and both Mother and I roll our eyes, but then a fleet of cars roll up. Not the cars that brought us of course, these are much, much better. As they sweep to a stop, naturally the first ones out are Debs and Carl, and they, like us but with less finesse, gawk at the splendour of the palace.

 

“This? This is where we are eating?!” Carl demands and for once Debs is rendered speechless.

 

“So you don’t know this prince?” Michael taunts Carl, but he is is too busy looking around the palace to answer.

 

I look discreetly at Mother and can’t wait to see Michael’s face when he finds out who the prince is!

 

The next car brings out Cynthia, Hunter, Lucas, and Daphne. All their chattering and giggling stops briefly when they see us, but then starts again but slightly quieter. Blake and Ted are next, and I can feel Michael starting to bristle when he sees the car they are in. Yes, we were in one each but that is not the point!

 

“The party starter is here!” Is yelled out by the one and only Emmett as he clambers out, holding a bottle of champagne in one hand and a vanity case in the other. Following him is his boyfriend, Del and Edward, and then there is a gasp from Michael.

 

“What’s the matter?” I whisper.

 

“That guy!” He hisses. “I know that guy!”

 

“Treyvon? How do you know him?” Jennifer asks.

 

“Treyvon? Is that what he is calling himself? He was Christopher the last time I saw him!” He spits before jamming in another canape.

 

“Yes, his name is Treyvon Christopher, so again where do you know him from?” She asks, but Michael just continues to eat.

 

“Would you look at that!” Daphne exclaims as a royal blue Daimler sweeps down the drive.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, The Royal Family and their guests!” Wilson declares as the footmen scurry to open the doors.

 

“His royal highness, Prince Benedictine Francis I and his consort, Benjamin Bruckner!”

 

Michael’s face as Benson gets out of the car is almost picture perfect, but unfortunately, his mouth is open; displaying the masticated canape in all its glory.

 

“Close your mouth. Not that the flies would want to go in there, of course.” Jennifer snipes and I hear it snap shut. Then it is my turn to gape as Mel gets out of the next car and she is holding Gus! “Same goes to you, Lindsay. Now excuse me a minute, I need to hold that gorgeous boy! Oh Mel…!” She calls out as she strides over, and, sickeningly, Gus breaks into a sunny smile when he sees her.

 

“What the hell is going on, Lindsay?” Michael whispers, spraying my cheek. I wipe it furiously and glower at him. “Sorry, but did you know about this?!”

 

“Of course not!” I snap, not completely lying. “Let’s just make the best of…” I inhale sharply as Diana follows Mel out of the car. “...the situation.” I finish firmly.

 

“You’d do well to take that advice on board.” Melissa bites out as she passes us and joins Daphne and the others.

 

“Their royal highnesses, Prince Valentin and Princess Grace, and their guests, Brian Kinney and his consort, Justin Taylor!”

 

I sneak a look at Michael and he looks livid. His face is riven with jealousy, and that makes me a bit better about Mel and Diana being very much together, while I am with my mother and Michael!

 

“Ladies and gentlemen! We will now enter the castle where you will be taken to your rooms to freshen up, then rejoin the family for refreshments before being dressed by our courtiers for this evening!”

 

“Do you think we can keep the clothes afterwards?” Michael mutters. “It’s not as if they are going to fit anyone else, they asked for our measurements after all.”

 

At first I was going to rebuke him for such a question, but for once he has raised a good point, so I merely shrug and follow the family inside.

 

RECEPTION ROOM - AN HOUR LATER

 

TED

 

I am trying to locate Blake. He took one taste of the mini cabbage rolls and demanded to meet the chef, which was half an hour ago. I scan the room once more and relax, he is back talking to Wilson, who has wrestled the notebook out of his hands and is now pointing at me. He heads over looking sheepish.

 

“Sorry, but they were so good!” He kisses my cheek.

 

“So a mix of savoury and sweet then?” I tease him.

 

“What are you two odd lovebirds twittering about?” Michael smiles as he approaches. “How are the works going on your little hole in the wall stall on Liberty?” He waits for a reaction, he’s going to be waiting a while!

 

“How have you been, Michael?” Blake asks politely.

 

“Great. My life, without certain disappointments, is great.”

 

“That’s wonder…”

 

“Ladies and gentlemen!” Wilson calls out. “It gives me great pleasure to announce the arrival of His Regent Prince Vladimenko and Empress Micheline!”

 

All eyes swivel to the door, and in strides a man that makes Hagrid in Harry Potter look small and he heads straight to Benson with a smile that could rival Justin at his happiest!

 

“Teen!” He cries as he envelopes him in a hug and Teen holds him tightly then bursts into tears. “Teen stop, and do not blame your old folks, we told them to keep it quiet.”

 

“Old man and old lady, not old folks.” Benson corrects him with a teary grin. “Grandfather, I would like you to meet someone very…”

 

“Ben?” He smiles. “We will say hello, but as for getting to know, that is not for now. You must introduce us to the rest your friends and guests! Before you do, please everyone call us Vlad and Micheline, no formality within these walls, Teen proceed!”

 

On hearing the word friends Lindsay stands that little bit taller and moves closer, then I have to bite my tongue as she, Michael and Nancy are left till last and the look Micheline gave Nancy, could have put out a volcano.

 

“Why do you call him Teen?” I ask Vlad.

 

“He refuses to answer to Benedictine, so I took the end and we reached a compromise.” He smiles at me and puts a meaty paw on my shoulder. “I think the summer palace for you and Blake.”

 

“Me and Ted what?” Blake queries.

 

“Honeymoon or wedding, your choice. I hear that with Kinnetic and the store, it is going to be a busy time for you. That will give you a break but keep you close.”

 

“You are joking, surely?!” I am completely floored.

 

“Never more serious. I think you should announce.” He winks at me and then nods at Wilson, who grins and walks out.

 

“Erm okay.” I tap the glass and the room goes quiet. “Hello, everyone, uh as um most of you know Blake and I engaged, and…” I am cut off by a squeal and find myself being hugged by Melissa and Blake is giggling as Daph twirls him around.

 

“When are you getting married? Where? Can we come?” Melissa rapid fires questions at me and out of the corner if my eye, I see the look of jealousy on Michael’s face as he glowers at a canoodling Brian and Justin.

 

“Not for a while. We have to prepare for the shop, and of course the wedding of the Avenue, Blake is doing the cake. But absolutely you are invited!”

 

“And we have a gift for you!” Grace declares and signals Wilson and Frederick, his son, and the doors are opened. Two footman bring in the chest that we saw the last time and now he looks at us. “You can use it as a trousseau.”

 

“But...that’s...no, we couldn’t take that!” Blake shakes his head vehemently.

 

“You are not taking, we are giving, now please, accept from all of us.” Valentin pleads.

 

“As his best man…” Brian fills the silence. “...I accept this generous gift on his behalf.”

 

“Thank you, Brian.” Valentin signals a waiter. “Now some schnapps, this is good for shock. So you will let Wilson know whether it is honeymoon or wedding for the summer palace?”

 

We both just nod.

 

MICHAEL

 

BEST MAN! BEST FRIGGING MAN! I can’t believe this! Of all the people to get married at all, it is the most boring man on earth! And they are getting that for their freaking trousseau! I seethe as everyone is admiring what would’ve been my piece and congratulating Ted and his soon to be husband. I refuse to join in, so stay to the side pretending to admire their nicknacks.

 

“Would you like a drink, sir?” I turn to the waiter and check out the tray.

 

“Yes, and leave it here!” I order, when he cuts his eye at me, I am about to say something when there is more glass tapping.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen…” Brian calls out. “...please return to your rooms so that you can be dressed for the rehearsal dinner!”

 

I fume further because I should be the one handling proceedings! But when I suggested that to them, I was flatly and brutally rejected by Carl. He said it was bad enough I was going to be there, having my lame ass attempts at compering was not going to fly! And she laughed and nodded when he said it...bloody laughed and nodded!

 

“Once you are in your quarters, you will be made up and then dressed blindfolded.”

 

“Blindfolded?” Ma looks wary. “What kind of kink are you planning, Kiddo?!”

 

“No kink. Just want everyone to see each other all at once. Now get going, you two first, Mr and soon to be Mrs Horvath!”

 

As they leave and people start to follow, I find myself joined by Justin. “It’s a lovely piece isn’t it?”

 

“It’s okay. I have to…”

 

“You do have moments of exceptional taste.” He calls out, so I stop walking and turn around. “Former best friend is a sexy beast, and now mine. The smaller chest that matches theirs is now ours. We keep our toys and condoms in it...soon it will just be toys. Excuse me, I have to allow Brian to scrub my back in that claw footed bath we shared the last time we were here. Such a terrible lovelife I have.”

 

As he walks out, I imagine the bath is filled with acid and his screams as he dissolves!

 

TURRET TOWER - TWO HOURS LATER

 

LINDSAY

 

I am thankful that we have a room each, not as exquisitely furnished as the rest of the house, grandly austere is how I would describe it. I had to go and get Michael who was just standing in reception looking queasy. I didn’t bother to ask what the problem was this time.

 

“There, you are finished.” The courtier announces. “Blink for me. Oh, that is perfect! Now the blindfold, but before that, this is where your clothes are.” I nod and then my heart races with anticipation as I am plunged into darkness. I try to keep still as the fine silks are placed on my body, but the excitement of seeing myself is getting to me. “Could you breathe in so that I can get the corset tied? And let me know if it is too tight.”

 

“Get it as tight as you can.” I declare.

 

“Are you sure? It is a six course dinner.”

 

“Six? Oh okay, maybe a little bit of give then.” I concede.

 

Forty minutes later, we are finished. “Now this cloak…” She explains as she drapes it over my shoulders. “...will ensure that the big reveal is just that, the big reveal. Put your hand on my shoulder and we will depart.”

 

I am shaking I am so excited. “Your mother and Michael are with us now.” She tells me.

 

“Lindsay!” Mother twitters, and for once that response is appropriate. “Reach out for me, can you connect our hands?” She asks, and I am surprised at how calming her touch is. “Isn’t this wonderful?”

 

“Yes. Michael, are you alright? You are very quiet.”

 

“Fine, just hungry and want to get this thing off, it is a bit warm!”

 

Taking the gloss off of everything again I see!

 

“We will now proceed to the small dining room.”

 

“Can you please hurry? I can hardly bear the suspense.”

 

“Of course.”

 

Ten agonising minutes later we stop walking. “We are here.”

 

A door is opened. “Miss Lindsay Peterson, Mrs Nancy Peterson, and Michael Novotny!” Is announced and we are led into the room and guided to, I guess, our marks.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen! Please hold still as we are now going to remove your blindfolds!” Wilson orders.

 

I blink a bit as my vision adjusts and we are all in a circle, each wearing a beautiful silver brocade cloak, I stroke the material and sigh, hoping that Michael is right and we get to keep them.

 

 

“Now, we shall start with, of course, the bride and groom to be. Please remove their cloaks.”

 

The room is so quiet you can hear the clasps being unclipped and I can’t help the gasp as, for once, Debs looks utterly gorgeous and Carl looks so very handsome!

 

   

 

“Debs, you look…” Carl just takes her hand but can’t continue.

 

“So do you, honey. So do you.” She strokes his robe before leering. “How much are you wearing under that?”

 

“Ma.” Michael cringes, but the family doesn't seem to mind, so I titter alongside them, as does Mother.

 

“Now the gentlemen and ladies of the wedding party.”

 

I want to scream, and I suspect so does Michael, as they are revealed. Both Brian and Mel look spectacular in their costumes. Everyone is admiring them. Jennifer is taking pictures, and Melissa is dabbing her eyes. What I don’t understand is why Daphne is part of the wedding party, but I am going to find out though! As for Del, well at least she’s got somewhere to rest that chin of hers, so high are her tits hoicked up!

 

Image result for mens russian ornate jacket   

 

“And now for the son and his guests.”

 

“Can we do it ourselves?” Michael asks, staring Wilson down.

 

“Of course.” Wilson replies, and waves the courtier back.

 

“Okay ladies, on either side of me and on three?” Michael suggests, I nod and we get into position. “One two three.”

 

We throw our cloaks off and as one we look down.

 

“What the freak is this?!” Michael shouts as pictures are snapped and laughter starts to ripple around the room.

 

 

“Why are we dressed like this?!” I weep, too mortified to do anything but.

 

“Jennifer, was this your idea?!” Mother wails.

 

“Nothing to do with me!” She retorts. “As I said, I have forgiven you for your heinous attack on Justin, but it seems he and his friends did not. This was their idea.”

 

“Let’s just leave.” I sniffle. “Mother, Michael, come on.”

 

“Why should we leave?!” Michael declares, just as the doors to the main door open and I see not only is the room filled with other guests, some of whom I recognise, but the servers are dressed exactly like us!

 

“You three, what are you doing in here?!” A large man demands to our left and we all turn to him. “Come with me immediately, you are needed in the kitchens!”

 

“That’s why!” I snarl as the laughter gets louder and louder.

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please, if reviewing, be constructive and kind. Thanks.