- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I don't really how social services work and I know most things in this seems unrealistic so please just go with it.

 

7:00 AM the next day

 

 

 

Peter POV

 

 

 

Uncle Brian is the only family he had to turn too. John and I have always been close, when we came out to each other we decided to come out to our family together. My grandmother damned us to hell while my grandfather and mother nearly beat me to death. John has always protected me and jumped in front of me when grandpa started hitting me first and got the worst end of things. We do not have much, so we ran away to Uncle Brian’s loft in hopes of he will allow us to stay with him. I hear a baby crying and John picks him up and start rocking him up. This baby looks like Uncle Brian.

 

 

 

“Uncle Brian, are you going to send us home?”

 

I asked frightened.

 

 

 

“John, Peter, I will never send you back to the hell house. I want you guys to meet Gus, my son. I need to look for someone and then I need a change. I need to call the cops and you guys have to tell them what happened.”

 

 

 

“Uncle Brian, is there anywhere I can put Gus to bed at?”

 

 

 

“Sit him in his car seat, we are taking a trip to the police station and child protective services. I need to find someone, and I also need permission to take you guys out of the state without being charged with kidnapping even though I am sure my mother, father, and sister are too drunk to realize that you two are missing out of the house.”

 

 

 

John and I walked Gus to Uncle Brian’s jeep. There is some whiney little guy leaning up against his car. He is charging towards us shouting about us kidnapping Gus and he is going to tell his best friend.

 

 

 

“Brian, these two delinquents are trying to take Gus.”

 

 

 

“Michael, what part of GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY LIFE don’t you understand? John, Peter, put Gus in the car and get in. I need to get rid of this garbage.”

 

 

 

Brian POV

 

 

 

Why is this happening to me? Michael is not the person I thought he was. He is an evil vindictive manipulative asshole who relied off me for too long. I checked the mail yesterday and found a letter about the mortgage of Red Cape to Michael Kinney. I called the credit card company and they said there was a charge of $700 for mortgage and $30000 on bids on eBay. I did not realize that Michael had stolen my credit card when I threw him out earlier. Oh look, there is my wannabe wife, Lindsay. This couldn’t get any better.

 

 

 

“Brian, this letter is saying that you have full custody of Gus and I would like to know when I will be moving in.”

 

 

 

“Lindsay, you are not moving into our, I mean Brian’s loft.”

 

 

 

As these two stands on the sidewalk arguing with each other, I make a silent phone call to Cynthia to come at once to loft and to make a call to have to locks and codes to the building changed. 20 minutes later Mikey and Lindsay are still fighting, and Cynthia pulls up. I watch as the guy changes the code and heads upstairs to change the lock to all the loft. He walks pass the still arguing dumbasses and leave with Cynthia who waves goodbye. The boys are in the backseat sleeping since they have been up all night.

 

 

 

“Mikey, Lindsay, be gone by the time I get home or else there will be hell to pay. I want you both out of my life and Lindsay, if you want to see Gus you will have to take me to court.”

 

 

 

“Asshole, did you hit my kids? Michael came home with a bloody nose this morning.”

 

 

 

“Ma, leave it alone. It was an accident, he will apologize----”

 

 

 

“I am not apologizing for shit, Michael and Deb, I love you like a mother and do me the curtesy of minding your god damn business.”

 

 

 

“You and Michael are my business. After all the shit I did for you as a kid and you treat my kid like this. I should have you arrested.”

 

 

 

“Debra, I have three children in the back trying to sleep and I think I have paid enough to this family. Debbie, make sure to tell Michael’s drag queen father that I said hello.”

 

 

 

I said as I am pulling off. I am pulling into social services first. I wake John and Peter as I grabbed Gus’s car seat. We walk into the office asking to talk to someone. The lady at the desk had me sign in and have a seat. I sit next to this blonde girl with red brimmed eyes. Gus wakes up and I take him out. He climbs from my lap to hers.

 

 

 

“Gus, come to daddy. I am sorry about my son.”

 

 

 

“It’s no problem, I like babies and hearing his name was a nice reminder.”

 

 

 

“A reminder of what exactly?”

 

 

 

“My brother, Justin, had a teddy bear named Gus. I miss him and when I found out he was gone I ran away.”

 

 

 

“You look kind of like the kid who named my son. I think his name was Justin. I never knew his last name. I’m Brian Kinney. This is my son, Gus, and these are my nephews, Peter and John.”

 

 

 

“I am Molly Taylor. There is my mom and dad. It was nice meeting you.”

 

 

 

“Molly, if you ever need someone to talk to. Call me.”

 

 

 

“Thanks.”

 

 

 

As I was getting Gus a bottle, my name is called to come in. I had John explain what is happening at home while Peter watched Gus. The lady I spoke to had given me temporary custody of the boys until further notice. She also told me that I could possibly get full custody of them if all goes well. We leave for the police station next. The lady from social service came with us to help file the report. I smell beer, sherry, and whiskey. I look at the door and see Saint Joan, Claire, and Jack being brought in. Jack looked at me then the boys and started to charge for John. I stood in front to take the underserved beating that never came. In that moment, whatever had happened didn’t need the report, but it was still filed. I went back to the loft to see Michael, Debra, and Lindsay trying to get in. They were ringing every loft, only to get no answer. They would know no one else lives in this place except me. Emmett and Ted know, and I think I start to look at their friendship as more than I have thought it to be. I parked in the back and it took me two hours to have everything in the loft packed and ready to be shipped. I googled Justin and nothing. I will keep looking for that kid. On the drive to New York, we made a few stops before me made there. I have a 4-bedroom condo in New York for trips. I was taking the shopping bag and suitcases to my condo when I hear this racket and someone screaming. I walk down the hall and knock. I get the shock of a lifetime.