[Reviews - 52] half-starPrinter ePub eBook
Summary:

The year is 2017 and married couple, Brian and Justin, are looking forward to celebrating Mel and Lindsay's wedding anniversary in Canada and visiting the teenage Gus and JR. When tragedy strikes, Brian and Justin are faced with life altering changes when becoming the legal guardians of both teens. What will life be like for the couple as full time parents? I owe a debt of gratitude to Heather for her beta skills and Eka for the wonderful banner for my story.


Rated: M
Categories: QAF US Characters: Brian Kinney, Justin Taylor, Original Female Character, Original Male Character, Other Cast Regulars
Tags: Minor Character Death, Real Life Issues
Genres: Could be Canon, Drama, Romance
Pairings: Brian/Justin, Other Cast Pairing
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 19 Completed: Yes
Word count: 49349 Read: 31069
ePub Downloads: 23 Published: Jan 05, 2018 Updated: Jan 05, 2018
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Mel and Linds Plan an Anniversary Party by mandagrammy [Reviews - 6] half-star (2224 words)

Mel and Linds are preparing for their 16th Anniversary party in Canada.  Unfortunately, due to many reasons, only Brian and Justin will be able to come to the celebration, much to the joy of teenagers Gus and JR.

2. A Bright and Shining Future by mandagrammy [Reviews - 3] half-star (2496 words)

Brian and Justin fly into town to be with Mel, Linds, and the kids for their Anniversary party and everyone looks forward to the big event.

3. A Fun Time Was Had By All by mandagrammy [Reviews - 3] half-star (2211 words)

 

The Anniversary party has turned into a huge success and everybody has had a wonderful time.  But tragedy waits around the bend.

 

 

4. The Party's Over! by mandagrammy [Reviews - 4] half-star (2202 words)

Brian is forced to give the tragic news to an anxious Gus and JR.

5. Changes Are Hard by mandagrammy [Reviews - 3] half-star (2508 words)

Michael has joined Brian and Justin in Toronto to try and work out what to do about Gus and JR.  The decision is made for Brian and Justin to take over custody, but Brian is having trouble dealing with his fears of failing as a parent.

6. Setting Things Right by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (2348 words)

Justin explains why Brian has been so distant to a confused Gus and JR, getting them to understand the man better.  Then he tackles Brian, getting the man to understand what has been eating at him.

7. Saying Goodbyes by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (2402 words)

Gus and JR must bid a reluctant farewell to Toronto and the home they've known and loved since very early childhood.

8. Back Home in the Pitts by mandagrammy [Reviews - 1] (2838 words)

Gus and JR must get reacquainted with old friends and family in their hometown, Pittsburgh, and start getting ready for their first day at the new school, St. James Academy.

9. Getting to Know St. James by mandagrammy [Reviews - 3] half-star (3160 words)

It's the first day at their new school and both Gus and JR have made new friends, Jason and Bridget, who just happen to be siblings too.

10. Looking Forward to the Holidays by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (1793 words)

Gus and JR are looking forward to the Christmas holidays and a skiing trip to Vermont with their Dads and friends Jason and Bridget.  Gus has more run ins with fellow student Terry.

11. The Turning Point by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (4065 words)

The trip to Stow, Vermont has been wildly successful, and then a simple accident changes everything between Gus and best friend Jason.

12. The Morning After by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (2648 words)

It's the morning after Gus and Jason's relationship takes an unexpected turn.  Justin accidently discovers their secret and informs a very surprised, and somewhat pleased, Brian.  Now if only the teens can figure out how to handle their feelings.

13. The 'Talk'- Part One by mandagrammy [Reviews - 1] (3289 words)

The whole family has come back home from Vermont.  As JR goes off blissfully unaware on her own, Brian and Justin confront Gus on what they've discovered.  Gus admits he's not sure where he stands with Jason anymore, but is prompted to find out for sure by his loving Dads.

14. The 'Talk'- Part Two by mandagrammy [Reviews - 3] half-star (2664 words)

Gus and Jason finally come to an understanding about this thing between them, and then it is Brian and Justin's turn to have a talk with both teens at the same time.

15. A Bowl of Cherries Before the Pits by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (2203 words)

Gus and Jason revel in their love affair, but keep it secret from everyone except Brian and Justin. Life couldn't be better for the couple, except for a nagging problem with Jason's old friend and classmate, Terry White.

16. A Day of Fun and Fury by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (2423 words)

Brian and Justin take the four teens for a day of fun in the sun at a local amusement park.  Everyone has a great time, but when Gus and Jason sneak in a little kising while playing Paintball, they are unaware that they've been spotted by the wrong person.

17. A Nightmare Revisited by mandagrammy [Reviews - 4] half-star (3212 words)

School is coming to an end. Gus and Jason have decided to go to the Prom as a couple, but first Jason has to come out to his own parents. Prom Night arrives but Terry White is about to repeat the history of a long ago Prom Night.

18. The Best Revenge by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (2548 words)

Justin lets Brian know how proud he is of him for coming to the rescue in time, while Gus and Jason exact their revenge in the way Brian would be most proud of.

19. Here's to the Future! by mandagrammy [Reviews - 5] half-star (2115 words)

The final hurdle is cleared when Bridget and JR are informed of their brother's relationship. Brian and Jusitn reflect back on the last year as parents, and look forward to more years as JR continues to grow up and Gus makes plans for college.