[Reviews - 31] half-starPrinter ePub eBook
Summary:

This is the sequel to Double Trouble and it will help you to understand the characters and their motivations if you've read DT first. Hopefully this one will stand up well on its own. This story picks up four years after DT ends. This time it is Gus and boyfriend Jason who are graduating from college and their sisters who are graduating from high school. The story will look back on the previous four years and then move on to their new lives together. Brian and Justin, still happily married, look with pride on the kids they helped move into adulthood together. I hope you will enjoy this continuation of their saga and remember that I welcome all comments. Many thanks to the genius work of Eka for the banner and my friend Pat for the beta work. Enjoy!


Rated: M
Categories: QAF US Characters: Brian Kinney, Justin Taylor, Original Female Character, Original Male Character, Other Cast Regulars
Tags: F/M, Family, M/M, Real Life Issues, Unsafe Sex
Genres: Could be Canon, Drama, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Pairings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 20 Completed: Yes
Word count: 56861 Read: 32306
ePub Downloads: 24 Published: Jan 06, 2018 Updated: Jan 06, 2018
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Graduation Day, The Boys by mandagrammy [Reviews - 3] half-star (3022 words)

In this chapter, it is the day of Gus and Jason's graduation from college, as Brian and Justin reflect on their feelings about their son and the man he's become.

2. Graduation Day, The Girls: Part One by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (2791 words)

It is only a couple of days before JR and Gidge are going to be receiving their diplomas too, just like their big brothers. Poor Brian and Justin are exhausted from all the preparations for the big day and the final big party afterwards...but not too excited to enjoy a rare quiet moment to themselves.

3. Graduation Day, The Girls: Part Two by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (2511 words)

The big day has arrived and the girls collect their diplomas. The evening is spent celebrating with the party to end all parties that the families have arranged for the girls. This is a party they will never forget, but JR has more to remember from this party than she ever expected.

4. Summer Fun by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (2266 words)

Gus and Jason enjoy their graduation gift from their families in Hawaii while their sisters enjoy the beginning of their last Summer vacation before their college days start up.

5. Who Is That Grey-Eyed Mystery Man? by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (2097 words)

JR has run into the grey-eyed mystery man that she felt an instant attraction for at her graduation party and finally has the chance to learn more about him.  Will she like what she learns or become even more confused as to what to do next?

6. Reflections On a Mistake by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (2954 words)

If you will remember, Chapter One brought up the fact that Gus and Jason once had a serious problem between themselves.  Now you will find out what happened.  The next chapter will let you know how it was resolved. 

7. The Voices of Experience by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (2446 words)

Gus is about to find out the advantage of having parents who have been there....done that, as he seeks advice from Brian and Justin.  Hope you enjoy this brief look back into the past. 

8. School's In Session by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (3335 words)

In this chapter, we get a peek at what school will be like for student JR and teacher Gus and their loved ones.  Enjoy. 

9. A Disturbing Revelation by mandagrammy [Reviews - 1] (2763 words)

JR's heart grows light when she sees the chance to get to know handsome Noah Roberts, but a dark cloud looms over their chance to connect with each other.

10. Old Ghosts Return by mandagrammy [Reviews - 1] (2669 words)

It is the first Christmas holidays for Gus since becoming a Teacher and he wants to celebrate the Fifth Anniversary of his getting together with the love of his life.  Both men are still very much in love, but do both of them have shadows looming over their shoulders, including a ghost from the past?

11. A Second Honeymoon for Dad and Dad by mandagrammy [Reviews - 1] (2386 words)

The story has centered on the trials and tribulations of Gus & Jason, and JR & Noah.  I think it is time to give our wonderful Dad's a chance for some center stage fun...so let's join them as they celebrate their 10th Wedding Anniversary and relive their honeymoon.

12. Trying to Forget Each Other by mandagrammy [Reviews - 1] (2820 words)

In this chapter, JR is doing her best to forget all about Noah, which he is finding almost impossible to accomplish himself, leaving him confused and frustrated.  Meanwhile JR has the chance for a new relationship with dark and handsome South American, Alejandro.

13. Dad's Know Best: Part One by mandagrammy [Reviews - 1] (2766 words)

In this chapter, good news for Jason also brings along a problem that could have very bad consequences, so the young man turns to the two men he knows he can trust the most to help him come up with the best solution.

14. Dad's Know Best: Part Two by mandagrammy [Reviews - 1] (3066 words)

In this chapter, the trauma continues as Gus and Jason face the consequences of Jason's long held secret.  They turn to Brian and Justin for help, but Gus makes a decision that could change both their lives forever.

15. Decisions to Make by mandagrammy [Reviews - 1] (2249 words)

In this chapter, JR has returned from her weekend getaway only to find big brother staying in his old room at the house.  She'd like to know what's going on but JR has plenty of other things on her mind, like her relationship with new steady boyfriend, Alejandro.  She isn't the only one with lots on their mind.

16. Distance Makes the Heart Grow Fonder, As They Say by mandagrammy [Reviews - 1] (3838 words)

With Spring Break only a day away, Gus is feeling his loneliness and longing for Jason more than ever before.  It finally dawns on him that nothing is being accomplished by the estrangement he has forced on both of them and makes a life altering decision, much to Brian's relief.

17. Spring Break Begins by mandagrammy [Reviews - 1] (2452 words)

 In this chapter, our married couple have a little fun in the absence of their kids, as both JR and Noah face the questions that keep tumbling around in their brains. 

18. Noah Has An Epiphany by mandagrammy [Reviews - 1] (2727 words)

Noah has gone to Rhode Island to visit his elder brothers for Spring Break, and to try and get a handle on his jumbled up feelings towards his father and JR.  There, he finally confronts all the doubts that have been plaguing him for so many years.

19. The End of a Turbulent Year by mandagrammy [Reviews - 1] (3263 words)

The story is almost over, but a lot happens between Spring Break and the end of the school year. Join me as we get a glimpse into the future for Gus and JR.

20. All Grown Up by mandagrammy [Reviews - 3] (4440 words)

At last, we've come to the end of the road with the second of the Double Trouble series.  The future certainly looks bright for everyone involved. I hope you all enjoyed where this story has led you. I want to thank each and every one of you who have supported this story, from the very beginning when Brian and Justin first went to Canada to celebrate Mel and Lindsay's Anniversary, which changed their lives forever. Many thanks to Eka one last time for the beautiful banner she provided me. I will be forever grateful to her for all she has done for me. Many thanks to Pat for hanging in there with me too as my beta. Now without further ado, the conclusion of this story...Enjoy!