[Reviews - 64] half-starPrinter ePub eBook
Summary:

Justin Taylor is a young actor from Hollywood who has accepted a lead role in the making of a film based on the comic book, 'Rage'.  The location shoot is in Pittsburgh, Pa. and Brian Kinney, head of the company that will promote the film, has been asked to instruct Justin in how to play gay.  The rest they say...is history.  I owe a debt of gratitude to Eka for the beautiful banner and Pat, for her beta work.


Rated: M
Categories: QAF US Characters: Brian Kinney, Justin Taylor, Original Female Character, Original Male Character, Other Cast Regulars
Tags: M/M, Violence
Genres: Alternate Universe, Drama, Romance
Pairings: Brian/Justin, Other Cast Pairing
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 30 Completed: Yes
Word count: 77931 Read: 32978
ePub Downloads: 28 Published: Jan 13, 2018 Updated: Jan 13, 2018
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

1. The Role of a Lifetime by mandagrammy [Reviews - 3] half-star (1856 words)

Justin Taylor is a struggling young 20-something actor in Hollywood who has just been offered the chance to try out for a lead role as JT in a new film which is based on a gay comic called 'Rage'. 

2. The Calm Before the Storm by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (2230 words)

Justin ponders getting the role of a lifetime, while Brian Kinney is content with his life just as it is.

3. The Role is Yours! by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (1931 words)

Justin tries out for the role of JT and gets it, but he has no idea how much his life will change as a result of getting the job.

4. Justin Taylor Meets Brian Kinney by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (2386 words)

Justin arrives in Pittsburgh and is introduced to Brian Kinney at a welcoming party.  There is definitely something in the air after that.

5. The Lessons Begin by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (2306 words)

Brian takes on the assignment of teaching young inexperienced actor, Justin, what being gay is all about... starting with meeting some of the denizens of Liberty Avenue.

6. Brian's Protege' by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (2645 words)

Brian continues teaching the young actor, Justin, including introducing him to his son, Gus, and taking him to his office at Kinnetik.

7. Some Lessons Are Scary by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (3074 words)

Brian introduces Justin to another side of being gay with a trip to Woody's, then Babylon. Justin is intrigued, until Brian takes him into the back room and scares the young man away.

8. A Light Dawns by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (2738 words)

Justin attends Gus's birthday party with Brian and sees a whole new side to the ad man... a side he finds very attractive.

9. Warnings! by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (3400 words)

Brian's 'friends' warn Justin of what he'd be in for if he allowed himself to become too involved with the man. 

10. Boundaries Set, Lessons Learned by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (3318 words)

Brian sets the record straight with his friends on his true feelings for Justin and then shows Justin how he feels.  While in Brian's arms, Justin discovers a part of himself he never recognized before.

11. Making Love by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (1978 words)

Brian continues to teach Justin the ways of love between two men, much to Justin's great delight.

12. Brian is Challenged by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (2871 words)

Brian tries giving Justin his patented..'I don't do boyfrends' speech..but Justin isn't having any of it.  He challenges Brian in more ways than one.

13. Facing the Truth in Mount Lebanon by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (3799 words)

Justin goes home to Mount Lebanon, just outside Pittsburgh, and comes out to his best friend, Daphne, and his Mom.  He fearfully plans on coming out to his father next.

14. A Rip in the Family Fabric by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (3292 words)

Justin outs himself to his Father and gets the exact opposite response that he received from Mom and Daphne.  It tears apart the family and sends Justin in despair back to Brian.

15. A Visit to the Country by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (2939 words)

Brian shows Justin another side of himself by taking him to his country estate to help him deal with his father's rejection.

16. Storm Clouds Gather by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (2166 words)

Brian joins Justin at the movie studio on the very day that the production is disturbed by a demonstration in front of the studio against the making of the movie.

17. The Stage is Set by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (2133 words)

Craig Taylor is the man behind the furor over the making of the film, and his motives are clear.  Justin suspects his father is up to no good, but is not sure in what way.  The filming will go on, despite the troubles.

18. An Explosive Event by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (3009 words)

There is an explosion at the movie studio, and the repercussions will be felt painfully by Brian and Justin.

19. Being There For Him! by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (2526 words)

Brian proves how much he cares for Justin by helping the young man deal with the after effects of the explosion that has injured and killed so many of his co-workers.

20. Moving On by mandagrammy [Reviews - 3] half-star (2786 words)

Brian secretly sets out to investigate Craig Taylor, and his possible connection to the bombing.

21. Smile, You're On Camera by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (2361 words)

Brian and Justin enjoy the peace of being away from all the pain and turmoil waiting for them in Pittsburgh when they spend the weekend at Gee's Britin.  But there are more things in the woods than trees surrounding the estate.

22. On the Trail of the Truth by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (2292 words)

Brian visits his detective and gets an earful.  Craig gets a visit from his detective and gets an earful, and an eyeful.

23. Preparing for the Future by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (2223 words)

Brian and Justin spend the last couple of weeks before leaving for Hollywood together, every moment that they can.  Meanwhile Craig continues on to the next step in his plans for Justin.  Justin reveals that he is torn about what to do with his own future.

24. Flying 'United' to California by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (2203 words)

This chapter is strictly for the fun of it, as Brian and Justin fly back to California for Justin to continue his work on the film, 'Rage'.  Enjoy!  Comments are always welcome.

25. Changes in the Wind by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (2366 words)

Production has moved along smoothly on the film, 'Rage' since moving back to LA.  The closer it gets to the end of filming the more Brian and Justin need to discuss their futures.  Changes are on the way as Justin makes a momentous decision about his future, and Brian worries about losing what he's learned to love having Justin in his life. 

26. Some Sobering Truths by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (2154 words)

Brian discovers the truth about Craig's arrest warrant and how the man reacted.  Now he has to tell the whole story to Justin.  What an unpleasant ending to a morning that started so beautifully!

27. Justin Faces the Truth by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (1890 words)

Brian realizes he can't wait any longer to tell Justin the whole story behind his father's deeds.  He loves him too much to keep him in the dark.

28. Saying Goodbye to Hollywood by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (2502 words)

Brian and Justin spend their last days in Hollywood tying up loose ends and preparing to go back home for good.  The threat of Craig Taylor lingers, but not enough to keep our boys from making one more happy memory of their stay in LA.

29. The Best Night of Their Lives by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] half-star (3089 words)

Months have passed back in Pittsburgh and Brian and Justin have grown inseparable.  After months, the film 'Rage: the Movie' is ready for its Premiere.  Brian intends to make this a night they will never forget... in more ways than one.

30. The Big Day! by mandagrammy [Reviews - 4] half-star (3468 words)

Our Hollywood adventure is coming to an end.  I hope you will all enjoy our final scene.  I want to thank each and every one of you who have made this story so successful.  I love you all and am truly grateful for your encouragement.