- Text Size +

 

 

 

“Justin, honey, can you take the trash out before you leave?” his mother asked.

“Sure, Mom.” He grabbed the trash from her and started for the door.

“What happened to my son? Are you feeling alright? Usually you complain about doing any kind of work.”

Was he really that bad? He felt ashamed all of the sudden. Ever since he met Brandon he started thinking of others, his parents included. He promised to try and do better, but he didn’t think he was that bad. It was eye-opening that his mom would think he would bitch about taking the trash out.

“It’s me, sorry I’ve been a bad son.”

“Oh, honey, I was joking you weren’t being a bad son, just a teenager. I’m pretty sure I could have won awards for rolling my eyes in my day. How are you, really?”

He tensed. “Why?”

“It’s just you seem really depressed lately.”

Only since his boyfriend asked him to kill his husband. “Just homework stuff.”

“Really? I’ve noticed this change in you since the beginning of the semester. I even asked Daphne if she knew what was wrong.”

“Mooom, I’m fine. Senior year is harder than I thought it would be is all.”

“I understand. My little boy is almost a man.”

He rolled his eyes. “I’m leaving,” he pouted as he picked up the trash again and left. He could hear his mom laughing as he walked down the driveway. He bussed it to Liberty Avenue and went right back to Woody’s bar. He didn’t think Brian Kinney would be there, but he might find out more about the man. A few of the men that was with him last night were there but not the man himself.

Sitting there at the bar, he wondered how to get invited to the table to find out more about Brian. That was before the tall, thin brightly dressed man came his way.

“Settle a bet for us, baby. How old are you?” he asked.

Justin was only seventeen but that might get him kicked out, so he went older. “Twenty-one.”

“O’darlin, you can’t pull the wool over these eyes. I say seventeen, my friend Michael over there says sixteen and Teddy says fifteen. Which is it?”

“I’m not fifteen,” he said, sorely offended.

“So, sixteen?”

“No, seventeen.”

“Ah ha, I was right Teddy, you owe me drink.”

Justin thought about leaving now, he didn’t want to be the butt of anyone’s jokes.

“Put that lip away, we weren’t making fun of you. We’ve all been you at some point. Mr. Michael over there started sneaking into clubs and bars at sixteen. I found this little out of the way bar near Hazlehurst that served our type. And Teddy over there, every Thursday night his first year in college was deeply into the underground gay scene…but only on Thursdays. Don’t ask. Come on over, no need to be on your lonesome over here.”

Justin followed him back to the table, unsure if it was a good idea. The man, Ted, got up and went to the bar. Justin watched as he ordered more drinks. Three beers and a…Pepsi. Damn. Justin accepted the drink and started to listen to the group.

“Is Brian coming tonight?” Emmett asked Michael.

“Probably not. He said he had too much work to do tonight.”

“I’m surprised he’s not partying the whole time Brandon’s gone,” Emmett said, after taking a long drink.

“It’s killing him, he’s done all this work and Brandon’s going to be walking away with half of it. He’s a fucking gold-digger,” Michael ranted.

Justin gripped his drink hard, he had to rein in his temper. How dare they talk about Brandon with what Brian has been doing to him.

“Did you see Brandon’s last boytoy?” Ted asked. Justin loosened his grip and looked at them intently now. What was he talking about?

“That one looked younger than the last. Brandon is going to get locked up if he keeps going after chicken,” Emmett said nodding.

“Chicken?” Justin asked.

“Chicken is…well you. Young…underage young,” Ted said.

“Oh.”

“You went home with Brian last night, right?” Michael asked.

“Uh, yeah but nothing happened. I left when he started to act like a jerk.”

“From what I hear, you missed out on a life changing experience, but I get it. Brian Kinney’s default setting is jerk,” Ted said with a smile.

“Who is Brandon?” he asked, time to get info.

“Brandon is Brian’s gold-digging husband. Five years ago, Michael over here got weirdly possessive and Brian to get Michael to let go, married the first man he could stand for five minutes. That was a big mistake. Brandon’s real taste is young, like we said. His last one couldn’t have been more than sixteen. Brian told him if one looked too young for concent according to the law, he would call the cops. Brandon’s a teacher, it’s where he finds them,” Ted said.

“When was this?” Justin asked, his voice rough to his own ears.

“When was that kid? A few weeks ago, two or three, Kyle something,” Emmett said.

Justin felt like his heart had been ripped out of his chest. He knew the Kyle they were talking about. He had seen him come out of Brandon’s classroom in between classes. Brandon told him that he was tutoring him. How stupid could he be?

Shaking his head, he tried to clear it. Just because Brandon wasn’t faithful didn’t mean he should be abused by Brian.

“What does Brian think of his boyfriends?” he asked.

“He doesn’t give a damn except they are kids,” Michael said.

Justin wanted to go home now, his stomach was turning, and he thought he would be sick.

“I need to go home, thanks for the drink,” he said before he fled the bar.

He wasn’t looking where he was going when he got outside. Not until he bumped into someone.

“Sorry,” he said, hoping to keep his emotions in check.

“Teasing all the men in Woody’s again, I see,” a familiar voice said.

Justin looked up and saw Brian, he really didn’t need this right now. He went to push past him, but the man caught his wrist.

“Are you alright?”

“What the fuck do you care? You’re just like him, you want to use people.” He snatched his arm out of the man’s hold.

“Listen, I don’t know why you’re queening out, I just thought you needed a ride home. You look pretty messed up.”

“The Great Brian Kinney giving me a ride home. Has hell frozen over?”

“What the fuck? Last night was the first time I met you. Where does all this hostility come from?”

“You’re fine with your husband fucking his students?”

 

 


 

Everything made sense to Brian now, this wasn’t a lost kid looking for a good time. This was a jealous lover looking at the competition. He should have known, when he first saw the twink he thought he was Brandon’s type.

“Oh, you’re one of Brandon’s?”

“No, I wasn’t one of Brandon’s. We’re in love.”

Brian laughed, there was always one every few months that found him. Brandon would give them some line about them being his true love. It made Brian gag just listening to it.

“You’re an idiot. Listen, he’s not in love with you. He’s only in love with himself which is a good thing because he’s the only one that can really put up with him. You’ll get some more experience and recognize him for what his is, a creep. Look, you are actually on the older side of his ‘boys’. Call it a lucky escape and move on.”

“If he’s a creep why don’t you turn him in?”

“I would if I thought they would listen to me. Also, right now I think he’s staying on legal consent and up. But without any of you to say it, I just sound like a jilted husband.”

“And you aren’t?”

“Hell, no. I’ve been trying to get him to leave me for years.”

“That’s why you hit him?”

Brian couldn’t believe what he was hearing. “I’ve never laid a hand on him like that. Hell, I haven’t even touched him in any way for a while. I don’t know what load of bullshit he’s been feeding you, but it’s all lies.”

“No,” he whispered.

“Fuck. How old are you really?”

“Seventeen.”

“I’ll take you home.”

“I can’t, not like this. My mom is like a bloodhound. She’ll want to know what’s wrong.”

Brian sighed. “Alright, let’s go back to my loft.”

“You sure?”

“No but let’s do it anyway.”

 

 


 

Justin looked out the window of Brian’s jeep. This was the same as last night except then he didn’t feel so dead inside then. How could Brandon lie to him? How could he sleep with other students? He told Justin that he was the only one that understood him, that they were made for each other. Brian was right, he was an idiot.

“So, I guess you had already been here,” Brian said as they entered the loft.

Justin nodded guiltily. He had been used by Brandon and it was all becoming too clear, he meant nothing to the older man. But if he was a casual fuck to Brandon, why did he ask what he did? Murder. It wasn’t a game, it was forever. If he followed through on it, he would be a killer. He would go to hell. Why? Why would Brandon want that on him?

There was a touch on his shoulder that brought him out of his reverie. “Uh. Yeah, I’ve been here before.”

Anger started to build in his chest. Anger at Brandon. Anger at himself. He needed to do something that would piss Brandon off, something unexpected.

“You want to fuck?” he asked Brian.

The man looked surprised for a moment but then a slow smirk appeared on his face. “Revenge fuck? I could be talked into it.”

Justin started to take his shirt off. No talking was necessary, Brian started to undress too. He was going to do something that Brandon couldn’t control. Fuck him. Fuck him to hell.