- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is a short chapter. A big one is the next one, lots of things happen in it. 

 

 

An alarm starting ringing, waking Justin up. It didn’t sound like his alarm, it was shriller. Opening his eyes, he saw that he wasn’t in his room. A quick replay of last night played in his head. Fuck, he had sex with Brandon’s husband…the man he was supposed to kill. This couldn’t get any worse. That was until he remembered that his parents expected him home last night. Now this couldn’t get any worse.

“Honey, I’m home.”

Justin closed his eyes, maybe if he did, he would disappear. This couldn’t be happening. Brandon was supposed to be gone for two weeks. Why was his back so soon? Justin hoped the bed would swallow him whole.

There was a gasp and Justin hesitantly opened his eyes. Brandon was looking at him with such betrayal it hurt his heart. Last night he just wanted to hurt Brandon like he was hurt. But that was stupid, they never said they were monogamous, hell Brandon was married.

“Justin,” Brandon said, devoid of emotion.

The door to the bathroom opened and Brian came out naked with a towel over his shoulder, he had just showered by the wetness of his hair.

“Brandon wasn’t expecting you back so soon. Were we?” Brian said looking to Justin.

“How could you, Justin?” Brandon demanded. There was the emotion that had been slow to arrive.

“I-uh-I,” he stuttered. “I’m sorry.”

Justin saw Brian out of the corner of his eye, the man just shook his head like Justin was a moron. That may be but he was a moron in love. He couldn’t kill Brian; he would tell Brandon. But now Brandon would leave Brian, he had to. Then they would be free to be together and he would tell Brandon he wants to be monogamous. It would all work out and no one had to be hurt. He didn’t know now if Brandon lied about Brian being abusive, but he knew people had different faces. His Uncle Lloyd was the kindest man he knew but five years ago he beat his wife so bad she had to have emergency surgery. Abusers don’t always look the part.

Brandon turned away from him and started yelling at Brian. Justin wanted to leave but he was worried what Brian would do to Brandon if he were to leave. Brian fixed that by dressing in an expensive suit, one that looked like it was made for him, and leaving for work. He told Brandon he wasn’t dealing with his theatrics today. Once Brian was gone, Justin wanted to run. Brandon just turned his target of raving to him.

“I’m really sorry, I was just so mad when I found out about the others.”

“I never said there weren’t others,” Brandon said, his voice harsh.

“I know, that was my mistake. I just wanted to get even with you.”

“Do you know how much of a child you sound like? I thought you were mature, but I see now I was wrong. We’re over.”

Justin could feel tears prickling his eyes. This couldn’t be happening. “No, I’m sorry. Please don’t break up with me. I’ll do better.”

Brandon came over to the bed where Justin was still lying naked under the covers. Brandon sat down on the end of the bed and looked at Justin. “How can I trust you now? Did you tell him about the plan?”

Justin’s eyes widened. “What? No. I would never.”

“I thought he would already be dead.”

“I can’t. I can’t kill someone, even if they were the devil himself, I can’t.”

“I thought you loved me.”

“I do. I’ll do anything else for you, but I can’t take the life of another person.”

Brandon opened his mouth like he was going to say something but then closed it. His eyes brightened and he smiled. “I understand. I also understand why you slept with Brian. He’s very alluring, its what called me to him in the beginning. Tell me, did he make you scream?”

Justin didn’t like the question, mostly because last night took sex to the next level. He didn’t want to admit that to Brandon though. “Not like you. You’re the only one I want to be with.”

“Prove it,” Brandon said, pulling the cover away from his body.

Justin knew if he refused Brandon now, he would find someone who wouldn’t. “I love you,” Justin said as he pulled Brandon into a kiss. His parents couldn’t get any madder at him for an extra hour.

 


Brian knew he was being an asshole today, but he couldn’t help it. He thought he would be free of Brandon for another week and a half. Not only had Brandon’s arrival stopped any chance at morning sex but it stopped any progress the twink had made last night. He’s going to fall right back into Brandon’s clutches, he could see it this morning. It’s why he left in such a hurry, there was no use sticking around to watch.

His cell phone rang, distracting him from his depressing thought.

“Kinney,” he said without checking the caller ID.

“Who’s your best friend?” the familiar voice said jovially.

“Michael.”

“Okay, who’s your second-best friend?”

“Lindsay.”

“Fine, third best friend?”

“Jack Daniels. What is this about Paul?”

Paul Davidson was his lawyer. He was also one of the few people that Brian could stand.

“How would you like to get out of your marriage with more than a shirt and a pot to piss in?”

“What are you talking about? You said yourself I was looking at giving him half of everything.”

“The agreement that I thought was legally binding, isn’t. It isn’t worth the paper it’s written on.”

“What do you mean? I signed it.”

“You signed it, he signed it but you two never had it notarized. This is what you’ve needed, I’ve started on the paperwork. Pull the trigger and he’ll be served by tomorrow.”

“Do it. I want him out of my loft too.”

“That’s a little trickier but I’ll get on it. You may have to give him a settlement, but it won’t be anything like you were looking at. Congratulations Brian, this is the first step to you being a free man again.”

Brian hung up and for the first time he thought he might actually be happy. He never thought it would end like this, he had regretted signing the agreement as soon as he did it. He felt like he wasn’t even him when he did it, he was so lightheaded. Everything Brandon said made sense but afterwards he knew it was a mistake.

This time tomorrow he would have his loft back, hopefully. He knew he couldn’t go home tonight; he didn’t want to see Brandon. That left only a few options. Hotel. Debbie’s in Michael’s old twin bed. Couch at Emmett and Michael’s. Couch at Lindsay and Mel’s. Hotel it is.