- Text Size +

 

Image Is Everything

Chapter Eleven

Sunday night Brian decided he better go to Debbie's for dinner. He knew if he didn't she would never let him forget it. He had missed too many of them lately. He dressed casually and arrived for dinner as they all were about to sit down.

"Heaven forbid you should come a minute before we eat," Debbie told him as he gave her a peck on the cheek.

"Hey, I'm here. Be grateful."

"Asshole," she said swatting him but making sure there was a place for him at the table. Brian sat down to Michael who was next to his new beau, Ben. He looked the professor over before the food began to be passed around.

Ben was definitely hot. Brian hoped Michael would be happy in this relationship. Michael always needed stability and love. Maybe the professor could give him that. Brian had never been able to.

"So what are you doing next week?" Michael asked him. "I thought maybe the boys could hit Babylon once or twice."

"I'll be there," Emmett said.

"Me too," Ted agreed.

"Can't," Brian said.

"Why?" Michael wanted to know.

"I'll be in Mexico."

"You shit!" Michael reacted.

"It's work, but somebody has to do it," Brian smirked as they all drooled at his news.

"What will you be doing?" Michael asked.

"It's a shoot for Mark Phillips line of clothing."

"I love his clothes … if you're going for elegant and sophisticated," Emmett said.

"Unlike some of us," Brian retorted looking knowingly at Emmett.

"And if you can afford them," Emmett added.

"Who are you shooting?" Vic asked.

"Nobody you'd know. He's young, blond, brand new."

"Have you had him yet?" Michael asked. Brian made a face at the question. "That means you haven't, but I bet Mexico do the trick."

That was a little too close to the truth to please Brian. "We'll see," he said as nonchalantly as he could. "In fact, Deb, you've met him."

"That blond with the sunshine smile that you brought into the diner the other day?" she asked.

"That's him."

"He seemed like a sweet young thing, and I do mean young."

"He's a student at PIFA, old enough to make his own decisions."

"Uh hunh," she said knowingly. "You should bring him to dinner some Sunday," she said.

Brian didn't respond to that. He wanted to fuck the blond, not make him part of the family. Although … he wasn't exactly sure why he hadn't fucked him already. He could have taken advantage of several of the situations they had found themselves in, but he hadn't. What he wanted from Justin Taylor was very confusing. He had wanted to fuck him from the first time he had seen him. But somehow that wasn't enough anymore. He cared what happened to the blond. He wanted Justin to be sure about what they were doing, he wanted him to be willing, and he wanted him to enjoy it without guilt or regret. Maybe he could make that happen in Mexico. He couldn't remember when he had waited so long for a fuck. That was going to change next week.

Dinner went by quickly with Brian explaining all about his trip. Ben talked about what he was teaching at Carnegie Mellon and Emmett providing the latest gossip about celebrities and people they knew on Liberty Avenue.

When Brian left Debbie's they all wished him a fun time in Mexico. Brian hoped that would be the case for both he and Justin. Michael walked him out to his car.

"Brian," Michael said, "is this kid something special?"

"What kid?"

"Don't be obtuse, the kid you're going to Mexico with."

Brian frowned. He had been asking himself that for several days now. "Why would you ask that?"

"I've never known you to be around someone that you wanted and not take advantage immediately. Except for me, of course."

That was just it. He didn't want to take advantage of Justin. "You're special," Brian said giving Michael a kiss and effectively ending that line of questioning.

"Bring me something from Mexico?" Michael asked. He was such a little boy sometimes.

"I'll see what I can do."

"Have fun," Michael called as he drove away.

"I intend to," Brian thought, his mind turning to images of Justin Taylor once again.

-----

Monday morning Brian sat in the lounge where his flight would depart. It was getting close to the time their flight would board and there was still no sign of Justin Taylor. He should have insisted that he pick the blond up. Then he would have been there. If he missed this flight, Brian was going to kill him.

They had just made the pre-boarding call which meant that he could go in since Mark had shelled out for first class. He glanced down the concourse wondering if Justin was going to make it. There was no sign of a blond head. He turned back wondering if he should try to call him. If he got an answer that would mean Justin was still at the apartment and he would miss the flight. He sighed and moved to line up with the families with small children and the wheelchair set.

Suddenly he felt something different and turned to see a flushed and out of breath Justin run up to him.

"I made it," Justin exclaimed.

"Barely! Where the fuck have you been?"

"Um … I'm sorry. It was hard to say goodbye," Justin sputtered.

"You mean I've been worrying that you were going to miss the flight and you've been screwing your boyfriend?"

Justin blushed from head to toe. Brian knew he had hit the nail on the head.

"I said I'm sorry," Justin said with a guilty look.

"Never mind!" Brian barked thoroughly annoyed, although he wasn't sure whether it was because Justin had been late or because Justin had in all likelihood been blowing Ian.

Brian handed his boarding pass to the attendant and marched through the door onto the jet way. He didn't bother to look back at Justin. He could fend for himself. This trip to Mexico was off to one shitty start. He could only hope it would improve from here.

Brian settled into his seat as Justin came through the door. He knew the blond would be sitting next to him but he didn't even acknowledge his presence. He was thoroughly pissed and not about to make nice with the little asshole.

Justin sat down in the window seat that Brian had chosen not to take. He stowed his backpack under the seat and did up his seatbelt. He kept glancing at Brian trying to gauge how angry the man was. He hadn't meant to tick him off. Ethan had refused to let him go before the last possible second. They had blown each other in one of the washrooms and then Ethan just wouldn't stop kissing him. He knew people were giving them dirty looks but he wouldn't stop. The last thing he had thought about was that Brian was waiting for him and worrying that he was going to miss the plane.

Finally he turned to Brian and said, "I'm sorry."

"If you are going to be this unprofessional for the rest of the shoot, then I'm afraid Mark and I have made a big mistake," Brian said cruelly. He watched Justin cringe under his words.

"I … I didn't mean to be unprofessional. Nothing like this will happen again. I promise."

"Fine," Brian said and laid his head against the seat back. He closed his eyes and ignored Justin.

Justin was worried. Brian was still mad and they had a whole week to spend together. He wondered how he would ever be able to get through it. He didn't know who Mark had selected to be the older man in the shoot and he might not like him. He might be some sort of drama queen. He could lord it over him and make his life really miserable. He needed Brian on his side. He needed Brian's help to do this.

And he needed Brian … period. He had done his best to convince Ethan that there was nothing going on between him and Brian. He had been pretty convincing because they really hadn't done anything, so he could say that truthfully. The only problem was that he wished they had done something. He could still feel Brian's lips on his and those same lips on his cock. He wanted to know what it would be like to have Brian finish sucking him off. He knew it wouldn't be like what he and Ethan did. He just knew.

The plane sped down the runway gaining speed to take off. Justin gripped the arms of the seat and held on. He'd only been on a plane once before and he was nervous. Flying wasn't his favorite thing, but he liked what was at the end of the flight. It would be somewhere new and interesting.

"You can let go now," Brian said his eyes still closed. They had reached cruising altitude.

Justin looked at Brian who was still ignoring him. He pulled his hands off the arms of the seat and flexed his fingers. The flight attendant appeared with a tray of orange juice. Brian opened his eyes and took one. So did Justin. Now that Brian wasn't pretending to sleep Justin thought maybe he should apologize again.

"Brian," he said waiting for the man to look at him.

"What?" Brian said testily.

"I really am sorry if I worried you. Ethan didn't want me to leave until the last minute and then there was a long line at security."

"Don't keep apologizing. What's done is done."

"But … I didn't mean to make you mad. I need your help to get through this shoot. I don't know what I'm doing."

Brian could hear the fear and worry in Justin's voice. "It's never a good idea to tell your boss or your co-worker that you don't know what you're doing."

Justin stared at Brian. "I see," he said slowly thinking about Brian's choice of words. What do you mean by co-worker?"

Brian snorted. This kid was smart. "I'm the other model on the shoot," he said and turned to stare into Justin's eyes.

"You are? Oh, thank you, thank you," Justin gushed.

Brian was pretty sure Justin would have kissed him if they had been in a more private place. Maybe later. "You're welcome," Brian replied and allowed a little smile to creep across his face.

"I can't believe you agreed to do it. I've been dreading finding out who it might be. I thought it might be some drama queen who would boss me around and make me feel like shit."

"What makes you think I'm not a drama queen?" Brian asked with a twinkle in his eye.

Justin hesitated. "You're kidding, aren't you?"

Brian snorted. "Yeah."

Justin giggled. "I'm not always sure when you're teasing me."

"Good."

"Why is that good?"

"It will keep you on your toes."

"I don't think I want to be on my toes. I was hoping I could relax and enjoy this trip. I was hoping you'd look after me and guide me. I was hoping…"

When Justin didn't finish that statement Brian looked into his eyes. "What were you hoping?"

"That I could get to know you better."

Brian heard all the things spoken and unspoken in that statement. "What about Ian?"

"His name's Ethan and I love him, but…"

"But what?"

"But he keeps me too close. There are so many things I want to experience."

"And he won't let you?"

"He doesn't want me to get hurt. He protects me," Justin said in defense of his boyfriend and of their relationship.

"So what do you want to experience?" Brian asked staring blatantly into Justin's eyes.

"You know … what we were doing the other night."

"If you can't say it aloud what makes you think you're ready to experience it?"

"I want you to fuck me," Justin whispered.

"That could be arranged," Brian said. He leaned his head back against the seat and closed his eyes once again. Visions of a naked Justin danced in his head.

Justin watched Brian lay back so nonchalantly after what he had just told him. It had taken every ounce of courage and resolve that Justin had to get it out. And Brian had seemed so unconcerned. He wondered if Brian really was so blasé or if this was part of that perfect image he chose to portray. Maybe he would find out during this week together.