- Text Size +

MEL

 

Spending the day with Gus, who was no longer pissed at the world, really opened my eyes. He took what he heard from me and made the extra effort to show me I was just as important to him. I thought about what Brian said and knew he was right, like always. Telling Gus the about the money wasn’t something he needed to know. It made me really have to reevaluate the Brian that my mind had allowed me to see him as. It also told me that Ben needed to get with the program. It’s weird, because I always saw Ben and Brian as strong and self assured, only for some reason, Justin was the one person who could bring both of these men to their knees. Hopefully, Justin would give us a chance to know him now. For the first time in my life, I found myself floundering at every passive aggressive remark Justin made. Lindsay really had nothing on Justin in that department. It made me like Justin more, because he stuck to his convictions, not giving in the way Lindsay would. 

 

We stopped at Michael and Ben’s house to drop off Jenny, before going to drop off Gus. Ben was watching Gus as if he was trying to figure out who the happy kid we brought with us was. When Michael and Lindsay went to put away Jenny’s things, Gus said he’d keep an eye on Jenny and dragged her outside to the swingset Michael bought for her visits. It gave me a chance to talk to Ben alone. As strange as it sounded, even to me, I wanted to see if I could help Brian.

 

“It’s hard to believe he’s smiling again,” I told Ben.

 

“After what we found out, I understand now what was going on. You’re lucky Brian didn’t use it against you,” He told me.

 

“He never would, it’s something both Lindsay and I knew. Which made what we were doing even worse, when I think about it. Only, in true Brian Kinney fashion, he isn’t willing to let Gus suffer for our mistakes. Lindsay and I both know exactly how lucky it makes us, and are planning to do what we can to make sure Brian and Gus have what they both want,” I told him.

 

“Partial custody?” He asked.

 

“He isn’t asking for anything we don’t do for Jenny. And nothing he shouldn’t have had, since he willingly supported Gus, never making us ask for anything. Instead, we made it harder for Gus to see him, and Brian still helped us when he could have refused. I talked to him about Justin’s baby, and all I saw was the same look in his eyes as when he first laid eyes on Gus. Something I tried to ignore when Gus was born. I guess something about Justin brings out another side of Brian,” I told him.

 

“Justin does that to people,” Ben commented.

 

“I guess I’ll find out. Hopefully he’ll forgive us for what we did to Brian. I’m almost jealous of the trust the two of them have in each other. They’ve been together a year and seem more in tune with each other than the rest of us who’ve been together a hell of a lot longer,” I told him.

 

“They barely know each other right now. I doubt they’d be moving in together if Justin hadn’t gotten pregnant,” He commented, getting up and walking out the front door.

 

I followed him, when he seemed to think he could get away after making it sound like the baby was the only reason the two of them were together. “Even if the pregnancy was the reason they decided to go public, as in, with the family, I don’t think it was the only reason,” I told him when he kept walking down the sidewalk.

 

“They’re too alike to be able to make it work. Justin’s never wanted to be tied down, the same way Brian didn’t stop tricking in the last year,” He told me.

 

“Lindsay asked Justin about that, and from what it sounds like, it works for them. Who are we to judge? Lindsay and I broke up over people neither of us loved or wanted again, and if we had been able to see it the way Brian and Justin do or did, it would have saved us from half the problems we had,” I told him.

 

“You really think the two of them are going to settle down? Justin will get bored, and eventually so will Brian, then guess what, Michael will run off because his best friend needs him again,” Ben complained.

 

“Wow. You could give Brian a run for his money in knowing how to spin something so your audience believes your bullshit,” I answered.

 

“What are you talking about?” He said, finally stopping the brutal pace that had me practically running after him.

 

“Just like what you said to Justin about Brian didn’t sound like it had anything to do with Michael. I’m sure if I ask Brian, it would likely be you using Michael as your reason, the way you’re doing now,” I told him.

 

“So they told you about Brian and me. Shit Mel, we can’t tell Michael,” He pleaded with me.

 

“It’s not my business to tell Michael anything. The same way it was none of yours and Michael’s business what was happening with me and Lindsay. Although, if you wanted to keep your secret, why tell Justin? Were you hoping Justin would end up saying something?” I asked. Because I was with Brian on this- why bring up something that meant nothing anymore.

 

Ben didn’t answer me, but started back towards the house.

 

 “It won’t work anymore. Brian will no longer jump in to protect Michael the way he used to. He won’t alienate Justin for Michael,” I told him, putting it together in my head.

 

“I found that out when Brian told me what would happen if I kept trying to screw up his relationship with Justin,” He told me.

 

“What did he tell you would happen?” I asked.

 

“He said he’d return the favor,” He answered.

 

“In the end, you would be dealing with Michael, and Brian would still be with Justin. A win-win for Brian,” I told him, going in to get Lindsay and Gus.

 

BRIAN

 

Emmett was gone when I got back to the house. I went to go see what Justin was up to; hearing the shower running in the bedroom made it easier to find Justin. I laid on the bed waiting for Justin to come out, trying to ignore the mess that seemed to come with Justin. He came out rubbing his hair, smiling when he saw me on the bed. I did absolutely nothing to stop him from opening up my zipper, and was willing to help him take off my pants. But it seemed Justin was more interested in the cock that bounced out, happy to see him, than in getting me naked.

 

I laid back and let Justin’s mouth work it’s magic. It was something that made the blowjobs I was still allowing almost a waste of time. When I was getting a blowjob from someone other than Justin there were things that were missing; things that only Justin was allowed to do. Which made things awkward, because I would imagine Justin in my head, and be disappointed when they just didn’t measure up to him. 

 

Justin pulled back when I was about to feed him a protein filled dinner. Tonight it seemed Justin wanted me filling him up. He put the condom on, then reached behind himself, only stopping when I grabbed the lube and slicked up my fingers. I thought he would get rid of my pants, but he didn’t seem to care I was dressed while he wasn’t. I swirled my finger around his rim, slowly teasing his hole by barely breaching him with my middle finger. Justin tried to impale himself each time my finger went in, only to whimper when I’d move my fingers back. I stopped when I could tell he was debating kicking my ass, or just leaping on my dick, not giving a shit how much it hurt without the prep. I almost came just watching him ride my finger, and pulled out. Justin didn’t waste any time sliding down my cock, making us both moan as I felt his ass squeeze around me. He leaned forward over me, sucking my tongue in his mouth as I held him, still fucking up into him. I didn’t slow down even as he came, just kept going to ring a second orgasm out of him. I held back until I felt him tighten around me again, then let go as he stroked himself to completion. 

 

Sitting back, Justin gave me an odd look, but at that point I was too blissed out to care about anything. 

 

“Um, is that a vibrator in your pocket?” He asked, looking down under his ass cheek. I reached under him, which caused him to move enough for me to slip out of him. Looking at my phone, I saw that Michael had messaged twice, both times when Justin and I were too busy to pay attention to my phone vibrating.

 

“Michael,” I told him.

 

“What does he want?” Justin asked, kissing down my chest.

 

“To go out tonight. I told him we weren’t sure,” I told him.

 

“We have Gus,” Justin told me.

 

“Hunter offered to watch him. We don’t have to go,” I told him.

 

“I wouldn’t mind dancing with you. Is there some reason you don’t want to go?” He asked me.

 

“I wanted to talk to you about how it went with Molly,” I told him, avoiding answering him.

 

“She still wants me to be at her beck and call, which I can’t. So she’s off, likely hoping to figure out a way to break us up. Which she doesn’t have the ability to do. So why don’t you want to go tonight?” He asked, not letting me out of telling him.

 

“I’m really not happy with your best friend right now, and going out means my best friend brings him,” I answered.

 

“Then ignore him. It’s not like I expect you to be friends with people because I am. If Ben can’t figure out that I don’t give a shit how he feels about you, than he accepts what little of my life he can be in,” He told me.

 

“You don’t expect me to at least try with Ben?” I asked.

 

“From what I can see, he hasn’t tried with any of you guys,” He replied.

 

“But you are,” I mentioned.

 

“I figured since we were both want this to work, it would only be harder if I didn’t give the people in your life a chance,” He answered.

 

“Yet you don’t expect me to do the same for you?” I asked.

 

“You like my grandparents. And right now, other than Daphne, they’re really it in my life. I could invite some people here, but they really are just a superficial part of my life. I don’t really make friends very easily,” He said, not sounding like it bothered him that much.

 

“Let’s hope the guys at the bar don’t think you should start now,” I growled a bit.

 

JUSTIN

 

When Brian and I got to Woody’s, every eye hit Brian, and he ignored it. It wasn’t like this didn’t happen wherever we went, but tonight, instead of having fun with it, he seemed more irritated by it. Michael dragged him off to the pool tables, not even trying to hide that he was giving me and Ben a chance to talk. The rest of the guys floated around, eventually staying with Michael and Brian. 

 

I barely sat down before Ben started in on me for telling Brian. “Why did you tell him you knew?” He asked.

 

“When Michael and I were hanging out, it seemed like he didn’t know. I didn’t want to cause problems between you two, so I asked Brian, to make sure it didn’t,” I told him.

 

“Brian came to see me and pretty much told me to butt out of your life,” He complained.

 

“My life, or my relationship with him?” I asked, not buying it.

 

“He implied your relationship,” He admitted.

 

“Then he meant relationship. Which I agree with, since my relationship with Brian really has nothing to do with my friendship with you,” I told him.

 

“Mel sort of made that point pretty clear to me today,” He told me, winning Mel points with me.

 

“Ben, you and I have never been more than friends, and I miss the guy you were until you found out about Brian and me,” I told him.

 

“It just feels like I lost the friends we were, to Brian, and I don’t like the way it makes me sound. It’s not like he’s done anything but try to make my life easier with Michael,” He told me.

 

“Then why do you feel like you have to drag him down in front of everyone?” I asked.

 

“I didn’t see it that way. Nothing I told you about him wasn’t the truth,” He defends himself.

 

“You never bothered to get to know him or any of the other guys. I know what Paul’s friends did to you after your breakup was bullshit, but taking it out on Michael’s friends isn’t really fair. It’s like you don’t see you and Michael making it,” I told him.

 

“Michael had to give up a lot to be with me,” He told me.

 

“Does he complain about it?” I asked.

 

“No. But eventually he’s going to see what you and Brian are able to have and we won’t, because of my belief that my partner was faithful to me,” He told me.

 

“So I guess you finally let HIV beat you. I really thought you were stronger than that. I guess Michael is the stronger one between the two of you, because he married the man he loves,” I told him.

 

“What’s wrong with me, why can’t I be happy? I spent years dealing with Michael’s obsession with Brian, which he managed to let go of, yet it’s like I still want there to be problems between us,” He commented.

 

“Why? So if he leaves you, it makes it easier?” I asked.

 

“If he left me, nothing would be easier. I really love him,” Ben admitted.

 

“Then stop trying to cause reasons for you two to have problems,” I told him, thinking I’m sort of getting the hang of relationships.

 

“You don’t see that as a problem?” He asked me, tilting his head at a guy flirting with Brian.

 

“Nope,” I tell him, as Brian scowls at the guy when he whispers something in Brian’s ear.

 

“So, maybe we should skip Babylon tonight,” Michael commented, after walking away from whatever is going on with Brian and the guy.

 

“What’s the problem?” Ben asked him.

 

“Apparently there’s a bet about who can convince Brian to share his new toy,” Michael tells us, looking at me.

 

“Shit, let’s go show them the toy,” I commented, getting up and dragging Michael behind me.

 

“Justin, he’s really pissed about it,” Michael said, running to keep up with me

 

“He’ll get over it when I disappoint the masses,” I told him, being stopped when we got in front of Babylon.

 

“Members only,” The guard dog at the door told me.

 

“Brent, trust me, Brian has no problem with Justin being let in,” Michael told him, as Brian catches up to us, along with the rest of the gang.

 

“I want you to tell the fuckers Justin is off limits,” Brian told him, pulling me in behind him.

 

“You know, it sounded like fun to watch each of them fail tonight,” I complain, when he sits me at the bar and stands behind me.

 

“What’s your poison?” The bartender asked, leaning over and flirting, until he looks behind me.

 

“Water and juice only, if he tries to convince you he wants coffee, the answer is no,” Brian warned him.

 

“Yes, Mr Kinney,” The bartender said, straightening to attention.

 

“Seriously, calm down, Caveman,” I told him, really not used to him like this.

 

He caged me into the bar, leaning down kissing my neck, so I moved to give him all the access he wanted. Brian mauled me in front of everyone, which was pretty normal when we were out and about. It was hard to pay attention to everyone else, but I managed. Each guy who tried to approach us, dealt with the gang, and left disappointed when they didn’t manage to get our attention. Eventually Brian let me go and dance with Emmett, Blake, and Michael, who took over discouraging anyone from getting too close. Brian took over dancing with me, which left us in our own world, not paying attention to anything around us. When we got back to the bar Emmett handed me a water, laughing about something.

 

“Too bad Brian doesn’t charge for access to the backroom, he’d make a killing after they all watched you two dance,” He said, giggling.

 

“Hell, even I almost dragged Ben back there,” Michael told us, rubbing all over Ben.

 

“Why almost?” Ben whispers loud enough for all of us to hear, then takes Michael with him.

 

“Ted and I are going home,” Blake ordered, eyeing Ted, making sure he knew exactly why.

 

“I’m going to see if I can get lucky,” Emmett told us, waving and walking away.

 

“Backroom or home?” Brian asked.

 

“Home. I really like Michael and Ben, just don’t want to see it,” I told him.

 

“When we get home, your ass is mine,” He clarified.

 

“But you love it when I own yours,” I whispered, and got my ass dragged out the door.