- Text Size +

JUSTIN

 

Brian and I managed to get out of the house and to the hospital without having anyone realize we’d left the house. The reporters were more interested in trying to get a reaction from my mother about my dad filing for divorce before she could. Pop thought it was funny, because it wouldn’t save my dad from losing half of everything he had. Or from what he would end up owing my mother for the money she allowed him to use for improvements to his business. 

 

While my file had enough to show my father’s lack of faithfulness, Pop’s file contained reasons for Paula to start doubting she was anything but one in a long line of girls who my dad messed around with while she thought it was only her. Pop said that while he didn’t get the attraction that made women get involved with my father, it didn’t mean they were completely stupid enough to ignore that he was using them. 

 

The doctor came in after the nurse finished checking everything and told us everything was looking normal. She attached a monitor and the room was flooded with a loud thumping.

 

“Is that the heartbeat?” Brian asked.

 

“Yes, and quite strong. Everything looks good. We need to go ahead and do an ultrasound to make sure, so if you’ll follow me down the hall, we can see the baby too.” She told us.

 

Brian studied the monitor, smiling when the baby moved, holding my hand and squeezing it as we saw the life we created together. 

 

The doctor took all the measurements, letting us know the baby was healthy and that the due date my first doctor gave me was on target. Brian only stopped looking at the monitor when the machine was turned off, but was happy to get the disk the doctor recorded everything we saw on.

 

“When would it be safe to get a DNA test done?” Brian asked her.

 

“Is there a hurry, or any reason you feel it needs to be done?” The doctor asked, not understanding, since it didn’t make sense when Brian filled out his history as if he knew he was the father.

 

“It’s just a general question. We have some other areas in our life where a DNA test is important. Justin and I plan to do it with this one when it’s born for legal reasons, but like I said, we have a problem, and the sooner one can be done, well, it would make it so Justin can relax until ours is born,” He explained.

 

“Is this about the thing in the newspaper?” She asked, proving Pop right.

 

“I know her baby isn’t mine, but until I can prove it...” I told her.

 

“There’s a test which can be done at five and half weeks. All it requires is a blood test taken from Justin and a swab test from you, which we can do now for you two. While I’m doing it we can also swab Justin as well, that, in addition to the blood we take, will have it ready to compare when you need it,” She explained us.

 

Which of course suited Brian’s need to have everything done before they needed it. I of course, figured while Brian was listening to the doctor, it might be good to have her tell him caffeine isn't the enemy. 

 

“Brian got it in his head that I shouldn’t drink coffee,” I told her.

 

“One cup won’t hurt, but it would be better to switch to tea, herbal if you can. I can give you a list of the ones that are good for you,” She said, and of course the anal avenger only heard that no caffeine was better.

 

Brian pulled out his phone and sent a text. “Emmett will pick up everything before he comes over,” Brian told me, not even waiting to get a reply from Emmett.

 

On the drive home, I decided I needed to get an assistant just to thwart the man who was depriving me of goodness. I changed my mind when he parked in front of the greasy diner Deb brought Michael and I food from. I rushed in ahead of Brian so Deb could save me from ending up eating only what he thought I should.

 

Deb started to greet me, but ended up babying me when I gave it my all to pout in the way that seems to work for Michael. 

 

“Sit down and l’ll make sure you get what you want,” She assured me.

 

Brian sat down, shaking his head at my act to get what I wanted. It worked, so I counted it as necessary. Deb even took a break to fill me in on anything I might have missed, since we'd been stuck behind closed doors.

 

“Have either of you heard from Emmett? I'd ask Michael, but Ben banned everyone from the house this week,” She told us, smiling as I ate the double cheeseburger.

 

“He left a couple of days ago, saying he wanted to talk to someone, that's the last I talked to him.” I told her, looking at Brian who grabbed a menu acting like he didn’t already have food in front of him. 

 

“What do you know?” Deb asked, not falling for it any more than I did.

 

“Why did Ben ban people from the house?” Brian asked instead.

 

“He seemed to get that he was neglecting Michael. So he sent Hunter, along with Jenny, off to my house, saying he owed it to Michael to show him who was important to him.” Deb answered.

 

BRIAN

 

“Or making sure everyone could verify they were having sex,” I smirked at Justin.

 

“He really thinks my grandparents need to hear it. In case you don’t know, you’re a bit loud,” Justin told me, shoving fries in his mouth, and giving everyone around us even more to gossip about.

 

“Either way, I’m glad Ben seems to get that Michael should come before Justin in his life. Something he might have figured out since you’re doing a good job of showing everyone exactly how you feel about Justin. Lord, the boys were practically crying, saying the king was retired,” Deb commented, laughing.

 

“He really needs to control his caveman side, I mean, I was only having fun,” Justin added in.

 

“So Caveman, what did you do for Emmett?” Deb asked.

 

“Why do you think he did anything?” Justin asked.

 

“Because I know my boys, and this one has always done something if I’m worried about it. It’s why Michael and Ben had problems, because Brian was the one I depended on too much to keep Michael out of trouble,” Deb told us.

 

“I just made sure Drew knew Emmett didn’t forget him. What Drew did with the information was up to him,” I admitted.

 

“You actually got past the guy who acted like we were deranged for wanting to talk to Drew?” Deb asked him.

 

“I didn’t have to, but I did let him know what his agent was doing. Drew called me when Emmett texted him, wanting to know if I knew why,” I told them.

 

Speaking of Emmett and Drew, they were coming through the door, barely noticing anyone but each other. Everyone in the diner watched them instead of us, since we weren’t putting on the show they were hoping for. 

 

“Hey Baby, look who I brought. Drew this is Justin, Brian’s…” Emmett waited, as if it was my choice what to call Justin.

 

“Partner for now, eventually more,” I told them, as the diner’s attention returned to me.

 

“We’re planning to do the whole marriage eventually, in Greece,” Justin announced, watching as the diner patron’s phones went into overdrive at that news.

 

“Wow. Make sure to take lots of pictures. I’ve never been there,” Deb told him, as if we weren’t going to invite her.

 

“We can. But you can do it yourself, since I can’t see doing it without everyone being with us,” Justin told her.

 

“I’ll do all the planning for free,” Emmett announced.

 

“Nice to meet you Justin,” Drew said when they sat down. And as usual, the conversation changed.

 

“I’ve heard a lot about you, but nice to meet you too,” Justin told him, taking my plate.

 

Justin was in the middle of moaning as he ate, when a flash went off next to the window. Drew put his arm around Emmett, assuming they were there to try to get a story about him. Only to find out when the first one came in the diner, they were trying to get to Justin.

 

“Oh no you don’t. Get out,” Deb told them, pointing to the door. “My diner will not be a place Justin can’t come to,”

 

“What’s going on?” Drew asked.

 

“They think if they keep showing up I’ll say something about my dad accusing me of being the father of his kid. Or how I feel about my father blaming me for my mother leaving him,” Justin explained.

 

“Which Justin doesn’t need, since he’s pregnant,” Deb announced, not only to Drew but to the idiots sitting around texting the grapevine all the news.

 

“We could help them,” Emmett suggested to Drew.

 

“Whatever makes you happy.” Drew answered.

 

“Emmett, we can deal with it,” I told him.

 

“Yeah, but it’s not like the vultures out there will leave Justin alone unless they have something bigger to report. Emmett and I aren’t going to hide anything, and they can have a field day with it. I don’t care. Because nothing matters now that Emmett is back in my life,” Drew told me.

 

“He fired his agent for me,” Emmett told us, like it was the most romantic thing anyone could do for him.

 

“I found out he was making it hard for anyone connected to Emmett to get to me,” Drew told us.

 

“Let me know when you want to plan the wedding. And yes Brian, your orders were received and on it’s way to the house. Now Drewsie and I are going to clear your way,” Emmett said, getting up.

 

“You didn’t come to eat anything?” Deb asked, always worried about feeding us.

 

“No. I just wanted to show you that you could stop worrying about me,” Emmett told her, hugging her.

 

“Which I appreciate, since Emmett called me,” Drew tells her, hugging her too. Then he took Emmett’s hand, to show the world where his man stood with him.

 

“We need to get back, since my grandparents will likely spoil Gus to death,” Justin told her.

 

“Brian told me to leave it alone, but while I know it’s none of my business, that’s never stopped me before. Have you thought about talking to your mother?” Deb asked, ignoring my warning glare.

 

“When I do she’ll know, and no one else, but thanks for caring,” Justin told her, kissing her cheek instead of getting his back up at her interference.

 

“Do that. And don’t be a stranger,” Deb said, accepting what Justin wanted. Something she normally wouldn’t do.

 

“If you want to come over, I’d love some more of your manicotti,” Justin told her. The shit was lining up food.

 

“I promise to keep the cheese or meat in all the things I plan to bring,” Deb promised him.

 

I dragged Justin out the door before Deb suggested living with us. We were in the car when I had to ask why he didn’t get pissed at Deb for suggesting he repair his relationship with his mother.

 

“Deb was just showing she cares. It’s not like I don’t plan to do that eventually, just not now,” Justin shrugged.

 

“Afraid she won’t feed you if you piss her off?” I asked.

 

“Please. She’d feed me while pissed off,” Justin bragged.

 

“Why do you think that?” I asked, knowing it was true.

 

“Michael stayed healthy, and from what Ben told me he pissed off Deb regularly.” Justin said, as if that explained his belief.