- Text Size +

JUSTIN

 

Pop called me, wanting me to talk to the company he was looking at. It was something to do instead of sitting around hating everything about Brian’s family. Michael called Brian to see if he could pick up Jenny on the way to dropping Gus off with Lindsay and Mel. The girls wanted to take the kids with them to meet up with some of their old friends who had kids. Brian agreed, but also told me he’d drop me off after he took the kids to the girls. Brian had a few things he could do in town and then come back and meet me. Somehow this got him on the subject of when the new baby was born it would help that we’d have people around us to help when we needed to work. I knew he wasn’t really saying anything about my inability to stay in one place, but it irritated me for no reason. I kept it in, even when he smirked like he knew I wanted to act like a lunatic. With the crying for no reason, I just didn’t want him dealing with my irritation at everything. He kissed me as I got out of the car, saying to call and he’d show up to get me. For some reason he decided it was better that neither me nor Michael had a way to enact the joke of showing up to the church and announcing that his mother was going to be a grandmother. We were just joking, but apparently Michael and I were bad influences on each other.

 

I walked into the lobby and spotted Molly sitting there arguing with my mother, and lovely, my father’s parents were there too. I hadn’t seen Molly since she pretty much made it clear she didn’t want Brian in my life. I didn’t plan to bother with her now either, unless she grew the hell up. I circled around to the elevator since I wasn’t in the mood to have everything turned on me by Molly and my grandparents. Of course my father was waiting for me. I looked through him, since there was nothing I wanted to say to him.

 

“How could you take my business and let that woman talk to me like that?” Dad whispered, not wanting anyone to hear us.

 

“I didn’t take YOUR business. It was mine. As for Cynthia, I wanted someone in charge who was going to run the business, not screw the help. Now, I have a real business to discuss with Pop. Why not go and help Molly and your parents browbeat Mom,” I told him.

 

“We are just trying to make sure your mother understands our point of view,” He told me.

 

“Your point of view? You mean you want her to back off and help keep you from losing everything?” I asked him.

 

“If you would have just gone along with telling everyone that Paula’s brat is yours, none of this would have happened,” He said, trying to control his anger.

 

“Once again, you really think I care how anything reflects on the family? I gave up when all of you thought selling me off was in the best interest of the Taylors. Now I really have things that I consider important to do, and you likely need to figure out how to support everyone that you deem important to you. Although, since it’s now only you, I’m sure your parents would be happy to have you back home,” I told him.

 

“You did really well in investing for Molly,” He said, likely hoping to get a rise out of me.

 

“Yes I did, but hopefully she isn’t stupid enough to lose it to you, otherwise, good luck to her,” I told him, as he looked confused at why I wasn’t rising to the usual bait of Molly. “She lost my support when she decided to trash everything that made her the sister I love. It’s time for her to stand on her own two feet. You can’t use that on me anymore,” I told him.

 

“And you can’t use your mother to keep me in line,” He countered.

 

“Nope. But I can make people think twice about doing business with you. I can also make it so Molly’s funds run dry, since no one is going to be willing to hire her or your little girlfriend just because I ask. Kind of makes me a dick like you. But I see it as karma.” I told him, getting in the elevator and ignoring him as the doors close.

 

BRIAN

 

Marshall called and told me that apparently the Taylor Clan were at the hotel. I turned around and I stood back and let Justin deal with his father. Only because he was doing perfectly fine dealing with him. Instead I went to sit with Jen, just to piss little Molly off. I had mixed feelings about Jen. For one thing, she sat back while Justin’s family did the things they did, but it seems she’s no longer drinking the country club cocktail that turns them into mindless stepford wives anymore. 

 

Molly rolled her eyes when I sat down, and the grandparents looked at me like I was a bug they wanted to stomp. Jen actually kissed my cheek and ignored them, asking how Justin and Gus were doing.

 

“Gus figured out Justin’s the push over. And Justin likes being pushed over by Gus. Something I fear when the baby’s born and have to rein him in,” I told her.

 

“I doubt it. He saw what overindulging Molly did, and wouldn’t want to repeat that mistake again. Meet the other half of Justin’s family, Marcus and Tonya Taylor, his grandparents from Craig. This is Brian, Justin partner,” Jen told everyone.

 

“There is nothing wrong with Molly, she understands family loyalty,” Marcus commented.

 

“Molly worked hard and made us proud of her,” Tonya said, hugging Molly.

 

“And look what it got me. I sided with Justin against all of you. I stood by him, and agreed with him that you only gave a shit about your bank accounts and not him. And he wanted him, not me,” Molly sneered, pointing at me.

 

“That’s untrue, we only wanted what was best for Justin,” Tonya told her.

 

“Now you want what’s best for me. Which is to convince Mom to get her parents to give me money,” Molly said, pissed.

 

“It’s to help your father, young lady,” Marcus said, as if everyone owed Craig Taylor.

 

“Well, coming to me won’t help you. My parents don’t feel Molly will act responsibly, since she and Craig went to the press with a false story about Paula,” Jen informed her.

 

“Jennifer, it’s time for you to see Justin isn’t the good boy we raised. I agree with Craig, that Justin needs to take responsibility for his lack of impulse and do right by Paula,” Tonya said, making me wonder if she was really as clueless as she sounded.

 

“I didn’t want to embarrass us all when I walked in to hear Dad and Paula telling that reporter the story. Something I learned from you,” Molly told Jen, ignoring Tonya’s look of confusion. Although Marcus didn’t look too confused.

 

“But you couldn’t resist adding to it, could you? All because Justin no longer wants to pamper your ass,” I told her, figuring it was time to clue in Tonya.

 

“Nothing I said wasn’t true. He and Daphne did sleep together. I can’t help that Dad took it from there and told them Justin was really bi and not gay. Or that Paula went along with it, since it only helped sell the story,” Molly said, excusing herself from the blame.

 

“What?” Tonya asked, looking horrified at Molly.

 

“Tonya, men have needs. Obviously Jennifer was neglecting our son,” Marcus told her.

 

“I don’t care what his needs are. Because of him we’re having to practically beg to keep from being in the poor house,” Tonya said, angry about what exactly, I didn’t know.

 

“What do you mean?” Jen asked.

 

“We invested most of our retirement savings into Taylor Electronics after Craig told us you’d demanded he pay you back your investment,” Marcus told us.

 

“And now they all think your parents should bail them out again,” I told Jen.

 

“And we wouldn’t have had to if Craig hadn’t stupidly put Justin’s name as the owner,” Tonya told me.

 

“Actually you would have, because Craig was running the company into the ground. Justin’s plan will bring it back from bankruptcy,” Marshall said, sitting down next to us. “Sorry, I was eavesdropping. Justin’s busy on the phone, so I thought I’d come see why you wanted to meet with my daughter. How are you Brian?” Marshall asked, ignoring Tonya and Marcus.

 

“I’m doing quite well. Justin and I are going to go ahead and get married. Waiting for Craig and Paula’s plan to explode in their faces might take until the baby’s born, so we decided to go ahead and do it now,” I told him.

 

“Marshall, you need to tell Justin to protect himself,” Marcus said, as if Marshall would agree with him.

 

“He already did,” Marshall tells them with a glint in his eye.

 

“At least you realize he’s making a mistake, since Craig showed us the file on Brian Kinney,” Marcus said, saying my name like a curse.

 

“Mistake? I think Justin knew that for Brian it didn’t matter who was richer, just that they both wanted to be together. Justin did what Vivian and I did, he shared everything he owns with Brian. It also includes Molly no longer being the sole heir, or even mentioned in the will. Which, with the baby on the way, was the right choice. Molly has what I plan to bestow on her and what Justin made sure Craig couldn’t get his hands on unless I personally approved it.” Marshall told them.

 

“What? It’s my money,” Molly shrieked.

 

“And you can use it as you see fit. But only if it doesn’t involve Craig or anything to hurt the brother who loved you. Something you seem to want to do. For what reason I’m not sure. What did Justin do, other than make sure you were never put in the position he was in with the Taylors?” Marshall asked.

 

“Everything. All my life he did everything better. I spent half my life with teachers talking about how Justin would have aced the test I got a B on. Mom and Dad fighting about Justin and ignoring me. Justin owed it to me to make me important because no one else does. I wouldn’t have even gotten my first job modeling if Justin hadn’t had people willing to do anything he wants. Armani only agreed because they saw it as a favor to Justin, not that I was qualified for the job,” Molly ranted.

 

“Were you?” Marshall asked.

 

“That’s not the point…” Molly stopped when Marshall talked over her.

 

“It is the point. Justin did everything he could FOR you. He tried to make up for what both your parents lacked. Instead of seeing it that way, you persist in these childish tantrums, betraying the one person who would have stood by you. He would never expect you to hand over the money you made, because he knew Craig wanted to control both of you. Instead he made it so no one could ever make you feel like he did the day your father brought home his choice for Justin to show his loyalty to the family. He would never have you going to your mother to gain access to a fund that isn’t rightfully yours until I say it is. Your brother would have done what it took to support himself and you, never letting you see what it would have cost him. Because that’s the way your brother loves you, not like your father, who has you lying for him.” Marshall told her.

 

“But he chose him,” Molly told Marshall, pointing at me.

 

“He fell in love with someone. If you ever do, you’ll figure out it didn’t change that he could love you too. You didn’t give him a choice, by thinking he had to choose the man he loves or you. Justin could have done both, but you forced his had the way your father and grandparents did when he left,” Marshall told her.

 

“He hates me now,” Molly told him.

 

“I’m sure he wishes he could after what you did. It’s hard to hate someone you want to love, but eventually you get hit enough times and it makes you question if the love you gave is worth the beating you’re getting,” I told her.

 

“Molly, you're causing a scene. We need to figure out how to keep Craig out of trouble,” Tonya tells her, proving she only cared about Craig, no matter what he did.

 

“This will only be the beginning of how it started with Justin,” Marshall told Molly.

 

“It’s why he went after Dad, isn’t it?” Molly asked Marshall.

 

“Yes. Because he didn’t want them letting a pervert touch you,” Marshall told her.

 

“Molly, Justin did what I didn’t do for him, for you,” Jen told her.

 

“Why didn’t you?” Molly asked.

 

“I wanted to believe I married the man I thought your father was, and I was wrong. Don’t keep punishing Justin for our mistakes,” Jen told her.

 

“And don’t expect Justin to welcome you with open arms. You have a lot to prove to him, starting now,” I told her.

 

Molly looked at me for a minute and nodded, not saying anything but walking out while Tonya and Marcus chased after her.

 

“What do you think?” Marshall asked.

 

“We’ll see what she does, then let Justin decide,” I answered.

 

“I don’t get why they thought I’d do anything to help them,” Jen told us.

 

“Because when Justin needed you, you did,” I told her.

 

“He’s still waiting for me to prove to him that I’m not going to be the same person?” She asked.

 

“Which he has a right to do Jennifer. You show up criticizing his life, never once seeing the man he’s become. He’s spent just as many years dealing with the same from Craig. And somehow you expect Justin to forget the years he not only protected Molly, but you. Only to have you act like he was only partying his life away. You know I wouldn’t have supported Justin if that was all he planned to do, but you wanted to believe Craig. Take time to get to know Justin, and give him time to see you aren’t the person you were. It’s why Brian scared Justin in the beginning, because he didn’t want to love someone and lose himself in the process. He was lucky to find someone like Brian, who didn’t want anything but Justin,” Marshall told her.

 

“I was the lucky one, he loved me despite his fear,” I told them. Leaving them when I see Justin walking out in the lobby.

 

I walked up behind him and heard him talking to Michael. Which is never a good thing when they both are plotting. I grabbed the phone only to hear Michael saying they could arrange a Pride March in front of my mother’s house.

 

“Mikey, no,” I told him, hanging up.

 

“Hey, we were just kidding,” Justin told me.

 

“You both stop and I’ll agree to Atlantis after the wedding,” I bargained.

 

“Um, I was sort of hoping neither of us would see daylight for a week instead. But I can do Atlantis since Gus really wants to go,” Justin told me, smirking.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Sorry about the posting not as often but work had been a bear lately. Hopefully things will calm down enough for me to wtite. Thanks for sticking with me.

 

Star