- Text Size +

Brian watched the Sunshine blond press the weight up again and again. A good looking young man walked up to the bench and spoke briefly to Justin. Justin shook his head and the guy scowled and moved away. Brian raised his eyebrows. It was very clear to him that Justin was getting lots of offers, but accepting none. He wondered what the story was.

"Let's start on the step machines," Emmett suggested.

They all moved over there. One machine was available and Brian suggested that Ted take it since his body was in the greatest need of work. Ted climbed on grudgingly and the rest waited for other machines to become available.

Brian's eyes returned again and again to the blond at the weights. Another guy made a move on Justin and was apparently rebuffed too. Brian frowned. He wasn't sure what little Sunshine was up to.

Two more step machines became available as a hunky pair moved away, apparently to exercise other parts of their bodies in the back. Brian indicated that Michael and Emmett should take them.

"I'm sick of waiting," Brian said. "I'm going over to weights."

They nodded their agreement and Brian moved away. He sauntered towards the weight area. The other three watched him go settling into their workouts on the step machines. Brian wandered in and out of the weight equipment picking up possible weights and then setting them down. He didn't want the others to know of his interest in Justin.

Finally when his friends were involved in using the step machines and were seemingly engrossed in conversation, Brian was ready to make his move on Sunshine.

"Hey," Brian said appearing to notice Justin for the first time.

"Hey," Justin smiled looking up at him from the weight bench.

Brian felt warm all over at that smile. "Need a spotter," he asked.

"Um..." Justin seemed hesitant. "Sure, I guess so."

Brian moved above Justin's head where he could look down into his face. He stood close, where Justin was sure to see his well endowed package nicely showcased in his workout shorts whenever he looked up. Justin was using light weights, at least compared to what Brian used, and still he was sweating and beginning to struggle a bit.

"Been at this long?" Brian asked.

"About ten minutes," Justin replied.

Brian chuckled. "I didn't mean now. I meant have you been lifting weights for very long?"

"I started a couple of months ago ... at my school."

"And what school is that?"

"Pittsburgh Institute of Fine Arts."

Brian's eyebrows went up. He knew it took exceptional talent to get into that school. They had had some interns from there who came to work at Vangard. "In what discipline?"

"Fine arts. I want to be an artist."

"Shouldn't you say 'I am an artist'?"

Justin looked up at Brian and smiled that wonderful, radiant smile. "Yeah, I suppose I should. No point in being modest." His gaze fell on Brian's groin just above his head. He felt his cock jump at the sight. "Um ... I think I've done enough of this for now," Justin said as Brian helped him put the weight back in its cradle. Justin sat up.

"So what brings you to this fine establishment?" Brian asked.

"The weight room at PIFA sucks. Musicians and artists don't usually indulge." Justin grinned. "The dancers are about the only ones who use it."

"So why are you indulging?" Brian asked curious.

"I understand that exercise is good for you. Everyone should develop a sound mind in a sound body," Justin said matter-of-factly.

"Thank you for the public service announcement."

Justin giggled. This Brian, yeah Debbie had called him Brian, was funny. "I guess I'm done for today," Justin said standing up. He glanced at his watch. "I have a shift at the diner in twenty minutes, so I better go shower and get ready."

Brian was tempted to offer to wash Justin's back for him, but from what he had seen Justin wasn't accepting any proposals like that. He needed to take this slow.

Brian began adding weights to the bar Justin had relinquished. He watched the blond move away heading for the change rooms. He wondered what the guy's story was. He seemed friendly enough on the surface but Brian could feel the invisible wall that seemed to surround him and keep everyone at arm's length, especially other gay men.

As Brian sat down and leaned back on the weight bench he felt another presence. He looked up to see a nice looking guy standing above him.

"Need a spotter?" the man asked with a smile.

"Um ... sure," Brian said hearing his own words coming back at him. He'd lift weights for a while until he was sure Justin was gone, and then this guy could prove acceptable for the backroom. He began to lift in earnest, thinking about what lay ahead, and unwittingly about the blond who had just disappeared. He was an enigma.

-----~~~~~~~-----~~~~~~~-----~~~~~~~-----~~~~~~~-----~~~~~~~-----

Brian had spent the afternoon shopping. He had ordered a new suit and bought a much needed pair of Pradas. He felt quite satisfied with himself as he headed home. He had decided to avoid the diner tonight. He wanted a little time to try to figure out how to handle this young Justin.

As he neared home his cell phone rang. He pulled it out and looked at the display. He should have known, Mikey.

"Hey," he answered.

"Hey, yourself. Where did you disappear to from the gym?" Michael demanded.

Brian thought about his spotter in the backroom. He hadn't been bad, not bad at all. "I ... um ... I had some shopping to do, so I just took off."

"You're going to be at Babylon tonight, aren't you?"

"Probably, why?"

"I ... I want you to meet Ben."

"Ben?"

"The guy I've been seeing, the professor," Michael said slightly exasperated that Brian never seemed to remember what he had told him.

"I didn't think you two were dating."

"We're not exactly dating. He's coming to Babylon tonight though, and I want you guys to meet him."

"Sure."

"Brian, I mean it. Be there."

"Bye, Mikey."

Shit, Brian thought. Now he had to go whether he found something better at Woody's first or not. He wanted a long hard fuck, someone he could take to the loft and fuck into the mattress for a few hours. He didn't want the backroom at Babylon tonight. That wouldn't be enough. "Oh well, maybe he'd find someone at Babylon worthy of bringing back. Pickings had been a little slim lately.

He wondered about Michael's professor. He thought that Michael must like the guy since they had first met at his comic shop, but he hadn't realized that it could be more serious than a casual fuck. Maybe that would call a halt to Michael's bitchiness and moping around. He hoped this professor was better than dear old Dr. Dave. Yuck!

On a whim he slid the Jeep into a parking space on Liberty Avenue. It was dinner time and he hadn't had any lunch. Dinner at the diner might be a good idea. He could watch young Sunshine and try to figure out what was up with him.

He walked through the door and saw Justin waiting on a table near the back. Some guy had his hand on Justin's ass. Brian felt an overwhelming urge to rip the arm from its socket. He swallowed hard and took a deep breath, his eyes focused on the activity surrounding Justin.

Suddenly Justin's hand shot out and smacked the guy's hand hard. He could tell by the way the hand recoiled that it had hurt. He smiled as he calmly made his way to an empty stool at the counter. He could hear Justin's voice.

"I'm not on the menu. Keep your hands to yourself if you don't want a couple of broken fingers."

Brian gulped. The blond sounded like he meant it. This was a side that he would never have expected the young artist to show. He certainly sounded like he could take care of himself.

Suddenly Justin was standing in front of him. "What can I get you?" he asked.

"I'd like to keep my fingers intact if you don't mind," Brian smirked.

"Keep your hands off my ass and you won't have a problem," Justin said still testy.

"Yes, sir," Brian saluted.

Justin burst out laughing at Brian's actions. It was just the right icebreaker. He shook his head and smiled. "I'm sorry I took it out on you. I'm sick of being hit on. They just don't seem to get the message that I'm not interested."

Brian raised an eyebrow. "I think that guy got it loud and clear."

"I guess, but you have no idea."

"Yes, I do," Brian said sticking his tongue in his cheek.

"Oh," Justin said. This guy always knew how to fluster him. "I didn't mean that you wouldn't know because you never get hit on. Obviously you would get hit on because you're great looking. So you ... would ... know." Justin stopped. He had been babbling once again and he just realized what he had said. Nothing like telling a stranger how great you thought he looked.

Brian smirked to himself. It was so easy to fluster this guy. He almost wanted to take pity on him. "I'll have the pink plate special," Brian said letting Justin off the hook.

"Right away," Justin said going to put the order in.

"I'll have a coffee too," Brian said as Justin came back past him.

"Sure." Justin poured him a cup of the strong coffee.

"How do you like working here?" Brian asked casually.

"It's been great so far, aside from getting hit on. People are usually nice and the tips are great."

"I bet," Brian thought. "That's nice," he said aloud. "Going to Babylon tonight?"

"I'd like to," Justin said, "But I'm exhausted. I've got another hour here and then I'm going home to crash. I love to dance, so I'd like to go to Babylon again soon. I'm just not sure when I'll have the energy."

"Maybe we could have a dance when you get there," Brian said. Where the fuck had that come from?

"I'd ... like that," Justin said with his sunshine smile.

"Good," Brian said and bit his lip. He had almost said 'It's a date.' He didn't do dates. What the fuck was he thinking asking the kid for a dance? "You know, I'm not really hungry," he said. "Here." He handed Justin twenty bucks and stood up to leave.

"But ... your dinner ... it's almost ready," Justin said wanting Brian to stay. "Debbie says you should eat better meals."

Brian gave Justin one of his patented glares. "Debbie doesn't fucking know everything!"

"Um ... yeah ... sure."

"But thanks for caring," Brian smirked and made his way out of the diner.

Justin watched him go. He couldn't figure out this tall man with the beautiful eyes. He seemed so nice most of the time, and he had asked him for a dance. He definitely wanted to do that. He had left him another monstrous tip too. Justin smiled feeling warm all over.

"Order's up," the cook called from the kitchen.

"He left," Justin said going to the order window.

"Did he pay?" Justin waved the twenty in front of the cook. "Then cash it in and eat the meal yourself, if you want it."

Things were slowing down and he would be off duty in a little while. He had missed his break too. Kiki nodded to him as he picked up the plate. Justin sat down on the stool Brian had just vacated and began to eat his dinner. The image of Brian's face would not leave his brain.

Outside the diner Brian stood looking up at the stars. He wasn't sure what had just happened in there. He had asked the fucking kid for a dance at Babylon and had almost called it a date. He had let the kid's concern about him drive him out of the diner. What the fuck was the matter with him?

-----~~~~~~~-----~~~~~~~-----~~~~~~~-----~~~~~~~-----~~~~~~~-----

A few hours later Brian, Ted and Emmett stood at one of the bars in Babylon. Ted was hitting on every decent looking guy trying to recruit them to work on his porn site. He was so patronizing to Emmett, telling him he should go home and rest rather than dance and fuck.

Brian had had enough of Ted, the big time showbiz entrepreneur. He grabbed hold of Emmett's wrist. "Nice watch," he said.

"I'm not wearing a watch," Emmett said bewildered.

"But he is," Brian said nodding towards Ted who was chatting up the hunky guy who had been after Emmett. "And it's a Rolex."

Emmett's eyes narrowed and he frowned. He didn't like being taken advantage of. He would have to have a serious word with Ted.

"There's Michael and his new beau," Emmett said pointing to the entrance. "He's one fuckilicious professor."

Brian scowled. He wasn't sure about this new guy Michael had found. He looked across the dance floor and his heart almost stopped. He knew this guy. He'd fucked this guy. Where? He wracked his brain. The White Party a couple of years ago. Shit!

Emmett was calling to Michael and asking him to come join them. Finally Michael gave up trying to ignore them and brought Ben over.

"Ben," he said, "these are my friends Ted, Emmett, and this is Brian."

There was a flicker of recognition as Ben looked at Brian but then he turned his attention to Ted who was saying something about Ben looking very familiar. They tried to make a connection until Ben mentioned that he had written a book. Brian watched unsure how to handle this strange turn of events.

"His novel was called 'R U 1 2'," Michael said proudly.

"That's it," Ted said. "I bought that book as soon as it came out."

"So you were the one?" Ben said with a big grin.

"It was very revealing."

"That's what we writers do, slice ourselves open and bleed all over the page."

Brian watched the interaction. Ben was charming and a little self-deprecating. He wasn't a pompous windbag like Dr. Dave. He certainly was good looking and those abs! Maybe he had possibilities for Michael. And he was a good fuck, a very good fuck, if Brian remembered correctly.

"Come on, Ben. Let's dance," Michael said drawing Ben back towards the dance floor.

Brian watched them go. Ben was a good dancer too as they quickly picked up the beat and began grinding together.

"Very sexy," Emmett observed.

Brian said nothing, just continued to watch.

"He's gorgeous and humble and very nice," Ted observed. "Perfect in every way, except one."

"What's that?" Emmett asked.

"He's positive," Ted said, and the word hung in the air above them like the specter of doom that it was.

"Are you sure?" Emmett asked slowly.

"He revealed his HIV status in his book."

"I can't believe it. He looks too smart to have contracted HIV," Emmett said.

"All it takes is a careless moment or an inexplicable accident, or trusting someone that you shouldn't," Brian said.

"Then you shouldn't have any problem, Bri. You don't trust anyone," Ted said as if he knew everything about Brian.

Brian did not like the implication of Ted's statement. "You don't know half as much as you think you do," Brian said quickly and turned on his heel. He'd had enough of this bullshit for one night. He made his way out of Babylon and found the Jeep.

As he climbed in Ted's words grated on his soul. He did trust some people, a few. Michael and Lindsay and Debbie and Vic, and Emmett most of the time. He thought he could trust Ted too, but his words had proven that he didn't really know Brian at all. He had intended to pick up a trick to take back to the loft, but it all had somehow lost its appeal. He peeled out of the parking lot and headed for home. Fuck them all!

-----~~~~~~~-----~~~~~~~-----~~~~~~~-----~~~~~~~-----~~~~~~~-----

An hour later he tossed and turned in his bed. He was horny and visions of a certain blond waiter kept dancing through his brain. He shoved himself up in his bed and leaned against the pillows. He could picture Justin's face and that smile, those lips. He wanted to taste them. His hand slid down his chest finding its way to his semi-erect cock. He ran his hand along it and sighed. This was going to be his only relief unless he went out prowling again. He didn't really feel like doing that.

The movements of his hand increased in speed and intensity as he imagined ramming that ass that had first attracted him to the blond. His breath came in short pants as his orgasm neared. He jerked a little faster and the orgasm ripped through him.

"Justin," came as a whisper from his lips as he milked his dick for the last drops of jizz.

Maybe now he could rest, get some sleep, put that face out of his mind. He slid down in the bed and closed his eyes.

-----~~~~~~~-----~~~~~~~-----~~~~~~~-----~~~~~~~-----~~~~~~~-----

In his stuffy little apartment near PIFA Justin slept peacefully. He was dreaming of the tall man he had met at the diner and at Babylon and at the gym. His unconscious mind pictured all the things they could do together, all the forbidden and wonderful things that two men could do to each other. He groaned in his sleep and his hand found his dick.