- Text Size +

Brian woke Saturday morning and decided he would hit the gym for an hour or two. He had spent most of last night in the backroom at Babylon. He had been horny as fuck, and had been hard pressed to find any decent release. His one time only fucking policy was severely cramping his style. Maybe it was all just getting old ... like him.

Fuck! He didn't want to think like that. He quickly got up and showered. He was at the gym a short time later. Michael and Ben were also there. His so called best friend was keeping his distance these days. Michael and Ben had just bought a new home and he was sure Michael was slowly but surely turning into a Stepford fag. The only thing worse was that Michael now seemed to think that Brian should do the same.

Michael had invited Brian to a couple of dinner parties at his new home, trying, Brian was sure, to make Brian see the light and reform his ways. But Michael's lifestyle was not for him and he was sure it never would be. Someday he would give up clubbing but not in the foreseeable future. In the meantime he had no intention of changing.

Brian joined Ted and Emmett on the Stairmasters. It would be easier to deal with them than with Michael's self-righteous bullshit.

"Howdy, boyz," Brian said as he started his machine.

"My, my, the great god Kinney has deigned to join us," Emmett said with a grin.

"Fuck off, Honeycutt."

"Don't call me Honeycutt."

"Easy, Emm, someone's in a bad mood," Ted said with a laugh.

"Someone's mood is none of your business, Theodore."

"I know why he's cranky," Emmett said with a smirk.

"You do?" Ted asked. "Do tell."

Emmett glanced at Brian before dishing the dirt he had heard from Debbie. "Mr. Kinney is going to a hetero wedding this afternoon."

"No!" Ted reacted daring to look at Brian who was staring at Emmett with a look of contempt.

"I thought I'd see how the other half does it, since everyone I know seems to be getting hitched these days." Brian glanced pointedly over at Michael and Ben who were working with the weights.

"Debbie says his date is quite the little drama princess," Emmett added with a grin.

"Oh, this is going to be good," Ted chuckled. "We'll want a blow by blow when you get back."

"Nobody's getting blown," Brian said with a scowl.

"Debbie says no sex involved."

"Oh, Bri, what a comedown," Ted laughed.

"At least I can still come. Unlike some old fogies I know."

"Debbie says Brian is going to be this guy's date for his sister's wedding," Emmett added.

"Fucking Debbie should keep her mouth shut!" Brian muttered. He stepped off the Stairmaster and headed to the weights. If Michael still wasn't talking to him, he might at least get a little peace and quiet.

"Brian," Ben said as Brian went into the weight area.

"I hear you have a date today," Michael smirked at him.

"Fuck that mother of yours!"

"She hasn't had much to gossip about lately."

"Life's tough. She should have sent you on this fucking date. There's no sex involved so it would have been all chaste and proper."

"That's what you'll have to be tonight, chaste and proper," Michael teased him.

"Enjoy yourself while you have the chance," Brian said hoisting some weights.

"Unlike you who won't be getting any tonight," Michael chuckled as he went over to the Stairmasters.

"Good luck tonight, Brian," Ben said as he left too.

It was this fucking Justin Taylor who was going to need good luck tonight. Brian was beginning to wonder how long he was going to last at a hetero wedding with some little drama princess. If worst came to worst he could always walk out. He could pay Debbie the seven fifty himself. It wasn't like he needed the money. If Debbie didn't lay her sad tale of woe on him and make him feel guilty for letting her down he would so not be doing this.

Fuck, he needed to spend some time in the steam room and see what he could find. Maybe a little recreational sex would take the edge off this whole date fiasco. He shivered at the thought as he headed for the steam room.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Some time later Brian was back at the loft trying to decide what suit to wear to the wedding. He wasn't sure why he cared but he wanted to knock this Justin Taylor's socks off. That way if Brian decided to ditch him later, he would know he had been discarded by the best, by the one and only stud of Liberty Avenue. Even if they never fucked. Brian wanted to keep a bit of his reputation intact. This date business was already wearing thin.

Finally he decided on the charcoal grey Armani with the muted burgundy shirt and matching tie. It was simple and elegant and just a little defiant. He didn't want to fit in too much. With a smirk Brian got dressed.

As he was about to leave his loft he took a last look at himself in the floor length mirror by the door. He did look hot, as he always did. He turned sideways and noted the thin silhouette he still presented. Whoever this Justin Taylor was would find nothing to complain about where Brian Kinney was concerned. He looked fabulous.

Brian grabbed the keys to his car and headed out. The guy's apartment was only a few streets away. He would be only slightly late.

The apartment building left something to be desired as Brian noted when he pulled up in front of it. It was not exactly rundown, but merely slightly seedy. He frowned. How was this guy affording seven hundred and fifty dollars for this date when he lived in a place like this? Maybe he was going to try and stiff them. But Debbie said she had already run the credit card and it had gone through.

Brian climbed out of the car and walked to the front door. He wouldn't be expecting a tip at the end of this date, that is, if he lasted to the end of it. He pushed the button beside the name J. Taylor.

"Yes," came the response.

"It's your date," Brian smirked. He might as well have a bit of fun with this guy before he kissed him off.

"You're late."

Brian looked at his watch. "Eight minutes."

"Exactly."

This guy was something else. Debbie had said he was picky. Now here he was making a mountain out of eight fucking minutes. "Are you ready?" Brian asked. He didn't like being kept here talking over the intercom.

"I'll be right down. You have a car, don't you?"

"Yes, why?"

"I don't. If you didn't have a car we'd be riding three buses to get to the church."

"Fuck! Haven't you heard of taxis?"

"Not with what I'm paying you. That's why I asked you to come early, just in case."

"Are you coming down? Or are you going to spend the day talking to me over this fucking intercom."

"Be right there."

Brian lit a cigarette and leaned against his Corvette. This was starting to give him a headache and he was sure it would only grow bigger as the day wore on. He could hardly wait to see what this Justin Taylor looked like. He was probably some troll that nobody else would even consider taking out. Fuck!

Having inhaled a few deep puffs of cigarette smoke Brian felt his nerves calm a bit. He waited wondering what would come out the door of the apartment building. Suddenly the door opened and a very nice looking blond young man walked out. Brian felt his dick jump to attention even though the guy wasn't his usual type.

The blond looked around and his eyes met Brian's for a fraction of a second before looking away. Leaning against the Corvette Brian wondered if he could ditch Justin Taylor and make a move on this young man. The blond was looking up and down the street.

Justin felt a tightening in his groin as he glanced at the handsome man leaning against a vintage Corvette. If only his escort could look like that guy, but he would never be that lucky. He wondered where Brian, the escort, could have gotten to.

"Excuse me," Brian said. "Are you by any chance Justin Taylor?"

"Yes, yes, I am," Justin stammered. Could it be?

"I'm Brian ... Novotny, your escort." Brian often used Debbie's last name when he did these jobs for her. It was the least she could do for him, lending her name. Brian pushed himself off the hood of his car and held out his hand.

Justin reached for it and they shook, but not before they each felt the little jolt of electricity that passed between them when they touched.

'This is going to be interesting,' Brian thought.

'Maybe my luck is changing,' Justin wondered to himself.

"Shall we go?" Brian asked opening the passenger door of the Corvette for Justin.

Justin climbed in and Brian closed the door before going around to his side and getting in. He put the key in the ignition, but didn't start it yet.

"Is something wrong?" Justin asked.

"You need to put your seatbelt on."

"Oh."

Brian chuckled. The guy seemed slightly clueless. This must be the first time he'd been with an escort. That's what Debbie had thought to. However clueless Justin Taylor might be, that didn't make him any less hot. Justin did up his seatbelt.

"This is a nice car," he said.

"I like it."

"You must earn a lot of money doing ... this."

"I'm comfortable," Brian smirked. He would enjoy playing this little fucker for a while.

"How ... how long have you been an escort?"

"Are you going to require my life history before we get started on this date?" Brian asked saying the word 'date' with all the scorn he felt for dates in general and paid ones like this in particular, especially if he had been the one doing the paying. But then again he would never have to pay for male company.

Justin winced at the way Brian said date. He already felt worried and upset and cheap, in spite of what this date was costing him. "No," Justin said cautiously. "It's just that..." He didn't quite know how to explain this to Brian.

Brian shrugged and reached for the key to start the car. He felt Justin's hand slide on top of his to stop him from doing so. The same tingle as before hit them both. Justin quickly pulled his hand away.

"What?" Brian asked slightly startled by that reaction.

"Did Miss Debbie explain to you what I wanted you to do?"

"You mean escort you to your sister's wedding?"

"Yes, but the rest of it?"

"She said something about wearing a nice suit and being presentable. Did I meet that requirement?"

Justin blushed. "Oh, yeah!"

Brian smirked. "So, can we go now?"

"Not yet."

"What the fuck!"

"Sorry but there's more to it."

"Like what?"

"Um ... I need you to pretend that you're my boyfriend while we're at the wedding."

"I don't do boyfriends."

"Riiight, Miss Debbie told me that."

Brian wished the blond would stop with the Miss Debbie shit. Debbie was hardly a miss and he found it rather annoying. "So?"

"Um ... I really need you to do this or there's no point in going."

"Why?"

"It's kind of a long story."

"You're paying for my time," Brian said leaning his head back against the headrest and waiting. This ought to be good.

"I ... I haven't been dating for a couple of years," Justin began.

"Years?" Brian asked in amazement.

"Not since my boyfriend was killed in a car crash."

Brian glanced at Justin and could see tears in his eyes though none fell. Poor kid!

"I ... I'm not sure I'm really over Dean. I still miss him," Justin continued.

"I'm sure you do," Brian replied feeling some sympathy but wanting to get on with this thing whatever it was.

"Anyway, since Dean died I haven't gone out or wanted to be with anyone else."

"Two years?" Brian asked again. Was this guy saying he had been celibate for two fucking years? And he still didn't want sex. That was beyond Brian's comprehension. He could barely go two days without sex.

Justin nodded. "My mother and sister are worried about me. They keep trying to fix me up and I keep saying no. This is my sister's big day and I don't want my mother hovering over me the whole time. She should be paying attention to my sister, Molly."

"And how is my pretending to be your boyfriend going to have this effect?"

"I thought that she could meet you, she'd be relieved and then she could focus on Molly."

"That's what you thought, was it?"

"You don't have to be my boyfriend. You just have to pretend for a few hours."

"I guess I could do that," Brian said slowly. It might be fun to fool them all.

"Really? That would be great." Justin smiled this big, radiant, toothy smile that made Brian's insides melt.

"Can we go now?" Brian asked wondering what the fuck was happening to him.

"No."

"No? What else?"

"Don't you think we should have our stories straight about how we met and where we live and restaurants we go to?"

Brian looked thoughtful. He never liked lying for any reason. "Why don't we just make it up as we go along?"

"But what if they catch in a contradiction like you say we met in a bar and I say we met at work."

"Technically we are meeting while I'm at work," Brian smirked.

"You know what I mean." Justin blushed.

"Then we simply tell them that the real story is ours and ours alone, and nobody else needs to know about it."

Justin looked at Brian in amazement. "Wow! That would sure shut them up."

"Exactly."

"Okay, we can do that," Justin agreed looking at Brian with something akin to awe.

Brian stuck his tongue in his cheek and waited.

"We can go now," Justin finally said.

Brian turned the key in the ignition. "You're sure there's nothing else?" he asked before he pulled out into traffic.

Justin smiled that smile again. "You're doing great. Opening the car door for me was a nice touch."

"I have manners when I want to use them."

"I hope you will at the wedding. This may turn out to be really a lot of fun."

"Yeah, fun," Brian said skeptically, but he had to admit that he found the whole idea kind of intriguing. He wondered if they could pull it off. Michael would be shitting his pants when Brian told him about being boyfriend for a day.