- Text Size +

 

Justin assured Brian that if Lindsay showed up again, he’d call. She didn’t go near Gus as she left and Brian didn’t relax until she was driving away from the park. For Gus, Brian acted like today was like all the other days they spent at the park. He was happy that Gus didn’t even ask who they’d been talking to. He knew Justin didn’t want to lie to Gus, but explaining Lindsay wasn’t something either of them wanted to do either.

 

It wasn’t until Brian put Gus in the car and watched Justin drive off that he dropped the smile he’d kept on his face for Gus. He needed to call Reese and find out why no one told him Lindsay had managed to be anywhere near them without being told she was in Chicago. 

 

“She got on a plane to Texas and got off in Texas. My guys followed her, but Lindsay lost them. We checked, but she didn’t buy another ticket or even use any way that would let us find her. Her family closed ranks, and truthfully I don’t think they even know what she’s doing. Randolph isn’t helping either, he paid her off to go away. I’m sorry we didn’t figure out she was there before you did, but I’ll be there as soon as I can with a couple of people to look for her.” Reese told him.

 

“It might be better to keep her busy while we wait for Gus’s adoption to go through in Pittsburgh. If she’s here, she can’t be there too.” Brian told him.

 

“You risk her being able to interact with Gus,” Reese warned.

 

“She could have today, but she ignored him. She was more interested in why Justin got what she couldn’t from me.” Brian told him.

 

Sandi was waiting at the restaurant and Justin tried not to laugh when she saw Brian enter. He was really breathtaking, something looking around, no one missed. Brian barely paid attention, only looking for Justin and Gus. 

 

“His pictures don’t really do him justice. I’m officially jealous. You leave and come back with that.” Sandi joked.

 

Gus turned to see what they were looking at and jumped out of his chair to get to Brian. Brian caught him and melted all the eyes as he and Gus leaned their heads together and Brian listened to his son. Justin fell in love more than he already was, because the man was everything he wanted to complete the family he started with Gus. Brian leaned down and kissed Justin, then let Gus do the same before taking his seat. Sandi sighed, then smiled when Ted sat next to her.

 

“Brian, Ted, my publisher Sandi.” Justin introduced everyone. 

 

“It’s nice to meet both of you. I’ve heard good things about Kinnetik. Although this one didn’t mention anything about you until he told me you were moving here with him and Gus.” Sandi said, winking at Justin.

 

“I wanted to be where my son and Justin were, and it was time to branch out, offer clients fresh ideas, so they don’t end up stagnating,” Brian told her.

 

“It’s why I called. We reach a lot of people through word of mouth. In the writing industry, it works best. We still need to reach more people, who sometimes wait because the ads aren’t creating excitement about a new author. Take someone like Justin, he has a following that grows without needing more. His name is enough to sell his work before he even finishes his next installment. I need to create that for the newer authors.” Sandi told them.

 

“What are your problems with the firm you use?” Brian asked.

 

“They have one formula and seem to apply it to every campaign,” Sandi told him.

 

“Which Kinnetik doesn’t. Brian caters to the needs of the client, and each campaign is run to fit the client, not a formula.” Ted told her.

 

“It’s why Kinnetik, Chicago, already is on everyone’s lips. I’m shamelessly using Justin in hopes to get in before you don’t have time for me.” Sandi told him.

 

“I’ll let you. Because I have no problem with doing something if Justin wants me too.” Brain told her.

 

Brian let Ted take over, only really wanting to have dinner with Gus and Justin. Ted followed them to Justin’s house, letting Brian put Gus to bed before he was ready to talk about what was pissing him off all day. Brian hid it well while they were dealing with potential clients, but Ted knew Brian and also knew to wait until business was done to bring anything up. Justin came out after changing and brought drinks before sitting with them. Ted smiled at how comfortable the two of them were with each other, almost as if they been together for years and not barely a month. 

 

“What happened? You left in a good mood then returned from lunch in a different mood.” Ted asked.

 

“I found Lindsay with Justin,” Brian said, not needing to explain anything else to Ted.

 

“You didn’t expect her to leave it alone. None of us did.” Ted told him.

 

“No, that’s true. And I think we can work this so she doesn’t have time to stop what Justin and I want to do. Keep her busy trying to make Justin think he and Gus would be better off without me in the picture.” Brian told them.

 

“You want me to let her try?” Justin asked.

 

“No. But it will drive her insane having to see me give you everything she thinks she should have.” Brian told him.

 

“She wants the house, the kids, the dogs, and the money to make everyone sit up and kiss her ass for her time. It’s about showing people they shouldn’t have dismissed her. Which they likely did when her parents turned their backs on her.” Justin said, thinking about the way people in his parent's circles were like vultures.

 

“Lindsay probably thinks Justin would be able to understand it since he came from the same kind of life,” Ted told them.

 

“Only I never really cared for the approval, and don’t want to be around people who really only bother with you if it does something for them,” Justin told them.

 

“I found out why Lynette never pressed charges,” Brian said, not really needing to analyze Lindsay’s motives, they were simple greed.

 

“I’m assuming it wasn’t to avoid scandal?” Ted asked.

 

“Yes, it was. Because buying a kid would look worse.” Brian told him.

 

“She was paying Lindsay for Gus?” Ted asked, not even really surprised.

 

“Only they made the mistake of dismissing Lindsay as Justin said. They treated Lindsay being a mother as another problem, but Lynette being the mother as if she was the one bringing a bundle of joy the Petersons could be proud of.” Brian told Ted.

 

“And stay hidden? They wouldn’t have allowed that, think about it. Lindsay was a bomb that could rock their world if they were left without a way to keep tabs on her. She was restless, almost like she was always looking over her shoulder. I didn’t really think much about it at the time.” Justin told them.

 

“You only cared about Gus,” Brian commented.

 

“I thought it was more about not wanting to be tied down raising Gus. It was like she didn’t know what to do with a baby.” Justin told him.

 

“How could she? Her whole life she was raised by nannies who took care of the messy side of children. Lindsay used to complain about how Lynette got the attention of everyone.” Brian told him.

 

“Except you, Lynette irritated you,” Ted mentioned.

 

“At one time I loved Lindsay. Not the way she wanted, but as someone who, like me, grew up with a family that didn’t give a shit. I saw in Lynette the same thing I saw in Claire, that they enjoyed feeling superior because our parents doted on them. In my case, my father didn’t take out his anger on her, just me.” Brian told them.

 

Justin leaned his head on Brian’s shoulder, as Brian wrapped his arm around Justin. Neither of them thought about it, but Ted could see the support they gave each other without even knowing they were doing it. Blake did that for Ted, small things meant more than grand gestures.

 

“Everything going okay otherwise?” Brian asked, changing the subject.

 

“Deb’s frustrated, she gave Michael the money. She still lives in hope.” Ted told him.

 

“Has he done anything?” Brian asked, understanding Deb’s hopes.

 

“He seems lost. The day he found out you left, we tried to help him. Blake keeps reminding me that until he asks for help, nothing we do will help him. Understand, Deb didn’t want us to tell you what was going on. She wants you to be happy, and not feel pressured to help her with him. I’m only telling you because you asked about him. He’s partying up a storm as if by doing it you’ll eventually show up. Blake is waiting for him to hit bottom. Even though he really doesn’t like Michael, he can’t help wanting to help.” Ted told him.

 

“Thank him for me,” Brian told Ted.

 

“He told me when you said that to tell you 'thank you' for watching out for me when he couldn’t,” Ted told him.

 

“Theodore, it was the most exciting your life ever got,” Brian said, brushing off that he did anything.

 

“On that note, my old ass is going to bed,” Ted said, wanting to call Blake to say goodnight. 

 

“You ready?” Brian asked Justin, who got up and started heading to the bedroom.

 

Justin looked over his shoulder, “I don’t know. What should we do, since I'm not sleepy at all?"

 

“One of the advantages of youth is that I can still manage on a couple of hours,” Brian said, following Justin to the bedroom.

 

They barely got the door shut before tearing at the clothes that were in their way. Brian pushed Justin onto his back on the bed, kissing down his chest, stopping to suck on one nipple then the other. Justin’s hands ran over Brian’s back, then up to his hair as he continued lower, running his tongue around the head of Justin’s cock. Hissing out a breath when Brian continued to just tease him, Justin’s hands urged Brian to take him into the wet warmth of his mouth. Brian wanted to take Justin to the edge and back again, so he moved further down, to suck one ball then the other, while his thumb pressed against the leaking slit of Justin’s dripping cock. Justin bucked his hips, needing more. Brian moved Justin further up the bed, turning him over and spreading the generous globes that were for Brian’s eyes only. Brian reached over to the drawer for the lube and poured it over his fingers and along Justin’s crease. Brian moved his hands, spreading the cheeks of the blond’s ass before allowing his fingers to circle around the wrinkled opening as Justin moved his hips, trying to get Brian to breach him. Brian almost came as he heard Justin’s moan of pleasure when his thumb teased in and out. 

 

“It’s not enough,” Justin begged.

 

Brian couldn’t wait. He needed to feel the walls of Justin’s ass close around him. Brian loved to feel the ripples as Justin shivered when he hit the right place over and over, and the tightening when Justin’s body reached its peak. Brian added more lube to Justin, and for a minute wished he didn’t need the condom. But in the end, being inside Justin with a condom didn’t diminish that it was the ultimate high. Brian pushed in and Justin slammed back, taking all of Brian at once. Justin loved the burn as much as the pleasure that followed it. He loved that Brian knew how to play his body, that he wanted him to find his release, then prolonged it until Justin wanted to scream it was too much; only to have Brian climax, slamming into the younger man so they both felt him pulse and stimulate Justin even more. 

 

When it was over Justin enjoyed the way their bodies were covered in sweat. The way the room smelled like sex and sin, and that both of them didn’t immediately run to clean it off of themselves. They both seemed to like the idea of having their smells mingle together.