- Text Size +

Brian was at the office, making plans to see Justin and Gus later. He wanted to spend enough time with them that when they left, Justin would be willing to let Brian visit them. While Gus was his main reason for wanting to spend time with them, with what Brian suspected, he admitted to himself that getting to know Justin played into it too. 

 

He also made the decision to get someone new involved in the case, but not the person Justin knew. Reese was an old friend from college, as much as anyone was Brian’s friend at the time. Brian had never thought to call him since he dealt in security and protection. Brian met with him, really wanting to ask if he knew someone he thought could not only find Lindsay but manage to keep her where she was until Brian got to her. Reese listened while Brian explained about meeting Justin, knowing Justin’s mother, and why he thought Gus was his.

 

“Why didn’t you call me when she took off?” Reese asked.

 

“You deal with protection and security. I went with someone who finds people.” Brian told him.

 

“Which sometimes we have to do when people threaten the person we’re hired to watch over. I have several people on my staff. Get me the information and it won’t be a problem. After we locate her, I can keep someone with her until you get there.” Reese told him.

 

“What I can’t figure out is how she finds out. The people who know I’m looking for her, I trust.” Brian told him.

 

“You have to remember, even if you only told the core group, sometimes they might not realize the person they’re talking to isn’t as trustworthy as you think they are. All it takes is the wrong person knowing something and you have a leak. The friends you trust might not even realize what they said was being funneled to Lindsay. There is also the possibility that the person who’s telling Lindsay just wants her to stay away.” Reese told Brian.

 

“None of them want her coming back, but there are two who would give her information for their own reasons, to keep me from getting answers. Which I might have if Gus is who I think he is. Mikey practically launched a hate campaign the minute Lindsay told everyone I was the father, and Mel would hate me enough to enjoy keeping me from my child.” Brian told him.

 

“The question is, which one could get the information Lindsay needed? Also, from knowing Lindsay in the past, you’d be dealing with the likelihood she’s blackmailing them too. It might be good to look into their financials, and see if there’s any connection between withdrawals and the places you know where Lindsay was at one time.” Reese said while thinking about the Lindsay he remembered from college.

 

“Neither of them could… shit.” Brian stopped.

 

“What?” Reese asked.

 

“Depending on what Lindsay wanted, both had a way to help her. Mel left her firm for a firm that was high profile, and from what Ted knows she’s doing well. Ted and I didn’t look at Mikey’s books, but the way he ran his business, which seems to be him constantly purchasing things, landed his business in the red.” Brian told him.

 

“Which we’ll find out for you. But tell me why you want to believe the kid is yours?” Reese asked.

 

“I didn’t until Justin said the name of the mother. It was too close to Lindsay’s name. Lynn Peters. And the last name we managed to get that she was using was Melanie Taylor, which is Justin’s real last name.” Brian told him.

 

“How do you know you can trust Justin?” At Brian’s glaring look, he continued. “Hear me out, the guy basically claimed a child that he knew wasn’t his. People don’t do that unless they have a reason. Lindsay could have been paying him to keep the kid.” Reese told him.

 

“She couldn’t pay him to love Gus the way he does. Even if what you're saying is true, he wouldn’t have come here when there was no link anyone could find between him and Lindsay.” Brian argued.

 

“They both came from around the same area of Pittsburgh. While it’s a big city, the area they come from is relatively small. It doesn’t mean I’m right, but it’s something to look into, for your sake. Hopefully, I’m wrong and Justin wasn’t here for any reason but the one you know.” Reese told him.

 

“You’re wrong,” Brian told him.

 

“Why aren’t you willing to believe someone you just met might not be who you think they are?” Reese asked.

 

“Because by bringing Gus around me, he has everything to lose and nothing to gain. Justin loves Gus in a way any child would envy.” Brian told him.

 

“Brian, anyone can fake what they need to if it suits their purpose. Just understand, all we’d be doing is making sure you aren’t falling in love with a con artist.” Reese told him.

 

“I never said I loved him,” Brian told him.

 

“No. But you’re also willing to fight me on anything that points to him being anything but what you want him to be.” Reese told him.

 

“I also have eyes, and can see the only thing Gus is to him is the son he loves and would protect with his life,” Brian told him, getting up to leave.

 

“Be careful then, because if we can prove Gus is yours it will leave him wondering exactly why you wanted anything to do with him,” Reese told him.

 

Brian didn’t have time to think about it since he needed to get to work. Unfortunately, he barely sat down before Mikey came barging in. He sat in front of Brian, waiting for him to smooth over everything he’d done. Only they just sat there, with only the look Brian got when someone was annoying him.

 

“Ma wasn’t happy that none of you showed up last night,” Mikey said when Brian said nothing.

 

“Tell her I really didn’t see the point in telling you again what we’ve been telling you all along,” Brian told him.

 

“I covered for you since I saw what you were doing for me,” Mikey told him.

 

“Which was?” Brian asked, wondering what this was about.

 

“Making up for what you and the guys did at the convention. I came here to make sure you convinced Justin Cole to do a signing at my shop on Friday.” Mikey told him.

 

“What makes you think he’d do it because I asked?” Brian asked, trying to figure out how Mikey knew about Justin.

 

“I saw you guys getting in a car together yesterday. What other reason would you have to spend time with him but to help me? Unless he’s a client here, but you would have told me that.” Mikey told him, not even considering any other reason.

 

“Whatever my reasons, not one of them involves you. Now I need to get to work. You know what that’s like don’t you?” Brian said, pulling Mikey out of the chair and ushering him to the door.

 

“I came to see if you wanted to go see a movie since we haven’t spent any time together… Fine, just make sure he knows to be at my shop on Friday by eight since I already plastered my flyers everywhere.” Mikey yelled at the closed doors.

 

Brian walked to the receptionist and controlled his temper. Even though he’d told her before that unless she okayed it with him no one was to past her, he reminded her again. “Unless they are here for a scheduled appointment, they don’t make it past your desk.” 

 

“Yes, sir,” Jessica said, with a tremble in her voice.

 

“Jessica, next time just call me when you see Michael coming in,” Ted told her, following Brian into his office. “Even if she says anything, Michael would ignore it,” Ted told Brian.

 

“Then hire someone to watch the front doors,” Brian growled.

 

“I’ll do that. But since you wanted these reports, why not go over them before you make Jessica quit.” Ted told him, knowing Cynthia would have a few words to say about it, since she’d spent years trying to stop Michael from just barging in, only to be told to leave it alone.

 

Justin was standing there once again, looking at the taillights of his mother’s car as she took off with Gus. She told him that he and Daphne could go have some fun. Which would have made sense if Daphne hadn’t gone to school today. 

 

Justin grabbed his messenger bag and decided to spend the day looking around, but somehow found himself heading to Kinnetik. Brian wanted to do something later with him and Gus, but Justin figured he could take Brian to lunch today since he took him and Gus yesterday. At least that was the excuse he made up in his head since it sounded better than he just wanted to see Brian. 

 

He got to the reception area thinking he should have called Brian first. But since he was here he asked to see Brian. The girl behind the desk asked if he had an appointment.

 

“No. I just wanted to see if he wanted to get lunch.” Justin told her.

 

“You and half of Pittsburgh.” The girl muttered under her breath. “I’m sorry, but Mr Kinney hates to be disturbed unless you have an appointment.” She said, not even asking for his name.

 

“Justin, what are you doing here?” Ted said, coming out of the office Justin knew was Brian’s.

 

“I was going to invite Brian to lunch. I guess I should have called him to tell him I was coming.” Justin told him.

 

“We just finished up. We can go check.” Ted said, shaking his head as Jessica started to protest.

 

“Ted didn’t we just get done…” Brian stopped when he saw Justin standing there. 

 

“Yes, we did. I think I’ll go bring Blake lunch today since Justin said he wanted to take you.” Ted said, leaving Justin standing there.

 

“I thought since you took Gus and me to lunch yesterday, I’d come by and take you. Apparently, my mom decided to kidnap Gus, forgetting all about me. Although I get it, cute grandson probably wins every time over her baby boy. If you’re busy, it’s not a big deal.” Justin babbled, feeling like an idiot since everything they did here was running through his head.

 

“Justin, come here,” Brian said getting up and closing the distance between them.

 

“I could go get something if you need to stay here.” Justin continued but walked until he and Brian were within inches of each other. “What?” Justin asked.

 

Brian didn’t answer with words, but by sealing his mouth over Justin’s. That was all it took for Justin to attack him, although Brian had enough sense left to get them into the bathroom. Not wanting someone to walk in on them. Justin was on his knees the minute the door closed, unzipping Brian and swallowing him as the older man’s back hit the door. Justin’s experience seemed to make him an expert at what he did do before he and Brian got together. Brian didn’t even try to stop him and it was barely minutes before he came. Only to strip Justin and put him on the counter, kissing him while his fingers worked Justin open for his cock. He stopped long enough to put the condom on, but then all thought left his head as the tightness enveloped him. Justin bit Brian’s shoulder, as the pain, while not as bad as the first time but was still there, hit him. Only, knowing what was coming made it easier this time for Justin. Brian angled his thrusts to rub over the nerves that would have Justin no longer feeling anything but the pleasure Brian could give him. Brian didn’t want this to be over quickly, but they were in his office while it was open. So he helped Justin to cum, leaving him limp as Brian thrust faster to reach his orgasm. Brian then helped Justin into the shower, where they cleaned up.

 

“How about we get that lunch now?” Brian asked while they were dressing.

 

“I worked up a big appetite, but lunch will have to do,” Justin tells him, thinking it was ridiculous that he still wanted more.

 

Jessica sat there, prepared to quit if this somehow came down on her head. She waited after Ted walked back by, then waited and waited. It was over twenty minutes before they walked out. Only, Mr. Kinney was smiling. She wondered if she should mark the day on the calendar.

 

“Jessica, anytime Justin comes by, ignore what I told you,” Brian said, following Justin to the doors. “Oh, and get something you like for lunch, and charge it to Kinnetik.” He said, before going out.

 

Jessica looked around, knowing she was awake and at work. But she wondered who the hell was that man that walked out of here and deciding Justin was her new hero.