- Text Size +

 

Epilogue 

 

Brian stood with his hand on Justin's shoulder.  They stood off to the side of the room.  The gallery was filled with people. Jennifer and Tuck had just left.  They had come in the night before.  When she had arrived she just had to hold Justin for a long time and Brian was sure Justin needed his mom at that moment too. He had put his life in jeopardy to save a room full of people.  It probably would have worked if Michelle had been with everyone else. 

 

But his show had to go on. And here they stood.  It looked to be going well but they couldn't be sure until the reviews came out tomorrow.  Brian took Justin's arm and they took a couple steps into the back room. "I have needed to say this to you since last week but wanted you to focus on the show first. " Brian grabbed Justin in a vice like grip. "Don't EVER do that again.  Don't ever put yourself in danger.  God, what would I do if I lost you." Justin looked into those chocolate colored eyes and saw the tears begin to fall.  After a long moment of silence and just holding each other Brian continued, "I know you have said it a couple times lately but I didn't think much about it until last week.  I just want you to know, I can't live without you either. You are my life. Now we better get back to finish this thing." 

 

As they reentered the room most of the crowd seemed to be looking at the last additions to the show. Two pieces had been added at the last minute.  Neither of them was for sale.  The first was a large painting that literally screamed pain and death. This work of art got Justin through this last week.  He left all the tragedy on this canvas and was able to move on. 

 

The other last-minute addition was a framed sketch on poster board of four smiling faces. 

 

 

 

New York Art Review 

 

If you happened to miss the opening at the Scott  

Gallery this weekend you will want to make it a 

priority.  If you miss this show you will miss the  

greatest new comer to the art scene in 50 years. 

Justin Taylor's work emits love, friendship, peace, 

and tragedy all in one show.  This young man who 

has not yet turned 25 has everything you could  

want in an artist.  This young man who was nearly 

killed for his sexuality only 6 years ago................ 

 

The End.
Simply written is the author of 42 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked Can't Live Without You Part 1 also liked 703 other stories.
This story is part of the series, Can't Do Life Without You. The previous story in the series is CDLWY 12 Daddies' Little Girls. The next story in the series is Can't Live Without You Part 2.