- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

I was a fool to ever leave your side
Me minus you is such a lonely ride
That break-up we had has made me lonesome and sad
I realize I love you 'cuz I want you back, hey-hey

Justin's POV:

According to my SAT scores and my own experiences in twenty two years of life and how I've handled them (most of the time), I am one very smart cookie. Well then, can someone please explain to me why I have been such a class A idiot? I'm sitting here in this cramped little piece of shit apartment in the most exciting city in the Country and feeling as lonely and miserable as the sole survivor on a desert island. I can't even create a drawing that I'd want to share with friends, let alone the rest of the damned world. You have to have inspiration to create a masterpiece...witness the sheer perfection of my first drawing of Brian way back in 2000. Talk about inspiration. That gorgeous man could inspire me to create a classic sculpture out of play doh. Just looking at him gets my creative juices flowing. Talking to him gives me the heart to want to do my best. So why am I here alone while my inspiration and heart is nearly four hundred miles away? Yep, good question. I keep asking myself the same thing. Let's face it, I love that man and it wouldn't be a fucking sacrifice to take my talent back to the Pitts and back to him. I want that man back...full-damned-time!

********************************


I spent the evening with the radio
Regret the moment that I let you go
Our quarrel was such a way of learning so much
I know now that I love you 'cuz I need your touch, hey-hey


Brian's POV:

What the fuck is wrong with me. I know I've had a good excuse...or at least I think it's a damned good excuse....for keeping love at bay for so many years, but once I quit fighting it and let Justin into my heart all the way I thought the struggle was over. I actually pictured a lifetime of love and trust and companionship with just one special man...and I don't give a flying fuck how lesbianic it makes me sound. I wanted it! I should have been satisfied, but noooo...I had to go and sabotage myself again. After making love in a way that couldn't deny how deep my feelings were for him, I had to go and tell Justin he had to leave even when he hesitated going out that door and running to catch his plane. It wasn't exactly a quarrel, but it might as well have been. If I had just relented the slightest on what I thought was best for him...if I had just promised not to change into a Stepford wife overnight to give him what I told myself he wanted...if I'd....oh Hell, ifs do no good.

I tell everyone I don't do regrets. Bullshit! I have never regretted anything as much as that night when I practically ordered Justin to do 'the right thing' and move to New York City. I did learn something from that mistake, however. I learned that I love that blond beauty more than anything else in the world and I need him. I need to see his Sunshine smile every day. I need to hear his sincere voice in the same room with me. I need to dance with him so that I feel alive...truly alive. I need to scheme with him, dream with him, live with him. I want to feel his touch...I want to touch him. I want that man back...I want it now!

**************************************


I sat here starin' at the same old wall
Came back to life just when I got your call
I wished I could climb right through the telephone line
And give you what you want so you would still be mine, hey-hey

Justin's POV:

Hallelujah!! I finally grew a brain and the balls to match. Enough is enough. I talked to that man of mine. At least now I KNOW he's still mine. I guess I'd always known it, but his voice just now left no doubt at all. I just sat around staring at these walls and knew I was going mad. Every day that I stayed here in the Big Apple was another bitter pill to take. It had only been a month since Brian all but shoved me out the door of the loft to catch that plane, but the only time I felt any joy was when I could hear his voice over the phone. His work kept him too busy to hop a plane and I couldn't afford another trip yet, so I hadn't seen his face in all this time. Unacceptable, just plain unacceptable! I know there was a longer separation when I went to California, but circumstances were different then...we were different. We've grown up, both of us, a lot since then.

All this was on my mind when he placed this last call to me. I ached when I heard his voice and something inside me snapped. I started tearing up and he heard it in my voice...he knows me so well. I think he would have wrung my neck if I had claimed allergies again. He demanded to know what was wrong and I knew I had to tell him the truth. I closed my eyes and pictured myself flying through the telephone lines and landing right in front of him, face to face. Then I tore open my heart and let all the feelings pour out. I made it perfectly clear that what I wanted was what I knew in my deepest soul he wanted too...for us to be together. He couldn't deny it any longer. I wouldn't let him. I now have my e-ticket on the next flight to Pittsburgh, P A. I'm coming home Brian...where I belong.

***********************************


I can't go cheatin' honey, I can't play
I found it very hard to stay away
As we reminisce on precious moments like this
I'm glad we're back together 'cuz I missed your kiss, hey-hey

Brian's POV:

Ah damn, Sunshine, you feel so fucking good. Did I ever tell you in words how delicious your mouth is. I didn't have a minute's problem not kissing another mouth after tasting yours and making that promise so long ago. I don't give a fuck if you shared that mouth with some asinine twat in a moment of delusional madness cause I know it is all mine now. Should I admit to you that I couldn't really feel anything erotic enough to get it up and keep it up with any other guy while you were gone this time around. I might as well have been impotent again. I know you thought I'd be happier going back to my hound dog ways, but shit Justin, why would I want glass when I have a diamond in you. You can't really call me a smart man if you think I'd settle for that. Laying here with you...all I can do is think back on ice cream kisses, hot steamy showers, laying you in front of the fire, possessing you in my office, in the backroom, in our bed, feeling your mouth consuming me in the alley, in Mikey's room, in my Jeep, feeling you taking possession of me. So many memories, each more precious to me than the next. You're not leaving again lover, not unless I'm leaving with you.

***********************************

Oh lovin' lover this is solid love
And you're exactly what I'm dreamin' of
All through the day, and all through the night
I'll give you all the love I have with all my might, hey-hey

Justin's POV:

This is it Brian Kinney. I don't care whether we make it official with a ceremony or just spend the rest of our lives together, but we are a couple. Get used to the sound of it cause those are the facts. If you're uncomfortable saying you love me in words...hell, who cares! I hear you loud and clear now. I hear you every day and every night that we share the same heart. You are the man I dreamed of as a kid and learned to appreciate as a man. I know now that you have given me every drop of love inside you. I'll see to it that I give all that love right back, because this is real love...as solid as a rock and strong as steel. Tonight is just a sample of what is in store for us Brian, so fasten your seat belt. This life is going to be a wild roller coaster ride and we're taking that ride together.

***********************************

Reunited and it feels so good
Reunited 'cuz we understood
There's one perfect fit and sugar this one is it
We both are so excited 'cuz we're reunited, hey-hey

Brian's POV:

This is it Justin Taylor. You belong to me now. I understand now that love IS sometimes sacrificing. It means caring about yourself, but someone else just as much too. It means wanting what is best for someone...not what you think is best, but what they think is best for them. You've made it clear that being with me is what is best for you and I sure as hell know that being with you is what is best for me. Nothing else needs to be said. We're two halves of the same soul. Together we're complete...a perfect fit. I can feel your happiness and excitement as you lay in my arms tonight. Can you feel mine? Oh yes, I know you can! I know you inside and out, as you know me. Have I mentioned that I feel soooo good being reunited with you for the final time? Well, if I haven't I'll definitely mention it in the morning when we wake up together in this bed of ours here in the loft. Good night, my beautiful sweet Prince. Sweet dreams, Sunshine.

The End

The End.
mandagrammy is the author of 93 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Reunited also liked 552 other stories.