- Text Size +

Chapter 1


Brian woke up to whimpering again.  He gathered Justin in his arms and stroked his cheek. "It's OK, Sunshine.  You're alright, Baby." He continued this until Justin quieted down and curled up against him.  Poor Justin. It was happening less often but Brian still worried about him. It had been two months since the shooting. A former colleague of Justin, Dillon, had become obsessed with him. At the opening of Brian's new office, Kinnetik NYC , Dillon had shown up with a gun.  As Justin tried to talk him down, one of Brian's employees, Michelle, had been shot and killed.

At first the nightmares occurred nightly. Now it was a couple time as week. Justin didn't want any help but it still worried him. Five years ago, he could have never said this but he loved Justin Taylor more than his own life and he was scared to death when the stalker was free. Now he was just worried about how Justin was really handling the trauma.

When Brian was sure Justin was sleeping soundly, he went back to sleep.

At 7:00 am Brian's alarm was going off.  Justin reached over him and turned it off. He trailed his tongue down Brian's midsection all the way down to his belly button. He passed the bellybutton and headed for his cock. He gently gripped his penis and slid his mouth over the head.  Justin starts slowly but the pace picked up as Justin's own hardon had grown to maximum size. Justin felt Brian's hand slide between his ass cheeks and a finger slid into him. Brian slowly and steadily continued to move in and out first with one finger and then two.  He began to rotate and press farther in. A third finger slipped in and Justin audibly groaned. "What do you want, Sunshine? Another finger? My cock?" He rotated his fingers again inside of Justin.

Justin shuddered as Brian grazed his prostate. He let out another moan. Brian slipped a condom on and replaced his fingers with his cock.  He drove in as hard as leverage would allow. He grabbed Justin's hips and drove in a little harder with each thrust. Brian reached around and grabbed Justin's balls and squeezed just enough for him to shout out as he came.  Brian thrust 3 more times and then shuddered with his own relief. He collected Justin in his arms and kissed him. "You getting up with me or staying in bed for a while?"

" I think I am awake after that!" Together they headed for the shower.  As Brian scrubbed Justin's back he quietly brought up the dream. "It happened again last night. Do you remember anything?'

Justin shook his head and leaned back.  "No, Did I say anything that you could understand?"  

"I could only understand Michelle's name." He was fairly sure Justin remembered more but he wouldn't say anything.  

Justin washed Brian's back as they talked.  Brian turned into Justin's arms. "Just remember, you can always talk to me about it if you do remember."  He leaned over and kissed him. "I have to get to an appointment." And he was gone.

Justin stood under the pounding water for a couple more minutes. He couldn't get it out of his mind.  It was always the same. He was standing next to Dillon who was waving the gun around. And then Michelle was coming out of the store room and he tried to stop her. But she never stopped.  She always came out and Dillon always kills her. Justin's head dropped into his hands and the sobs shook his body.

Brian had appointments all day.  The office had really taken off. He focused on specialty accounts. Quality not quantity was his motto and it was working.  He had finally found a replacement for Michelle last week and so far, Sharon was doing well. He had 3 big accounts here in New York he was focusing on and there were a couple in Pittsburgh he would have to help with. He had another employee from Pittsburgh moving here to help him with the smaller accounts.  It was going to be a very busy few months for him. Daphne had picked up on the job quickly and it helped that she and Cynthia had known each other for years. It looked like the new office would be a success. He planned to focus on it for a couple years and then hoped he and Justin could settle back in Pittsburgh but it was Justin's time to shine. The world deserved to see his work.

Justin had pulled himself together and was now ready for his day. He had an appointment with his agent this morning.  He knew that they would be discussing a tour planned for his work. He was not really looking forward to the tour. He was hoping they would limit it to 4 cities.  Brian wouldn't be able to come with him because he was needed at the office and he hated to be apart too long.

Justin arrived at the Scott Gallery where his agent, Peter Scott, was located.  "Good morning, Justin. Punctual as always."

"Hey, Peter.  how's it going?"  The men shook hands and got comfortable.   

"I hope you are getting ready for travel. The tour is falling into place. I have a tentative schedule for you." Peter passed it across the desk to Justin.  

Justin looked down and saw a list, a long list of cities.  "Peter, I thought we talked about four cities. There are," Justin did a quick count, "A dozen listed here.  You have 6 months' worth of dates here."

"I know it is longer than we talked about but you are in demand.  Everyone wants your work, especially "The Pain". I told a couple of these stops you may not be with the paintings.  But, Justin, this could make your career. I have never heard of someone your age having a tour this large."

"I know, Peter, but 6 months?"

"You will have time to come home in between some of the stops.  We will hire an assistant for you that can take care of all the set ups, etc. You should be able to come home at least every two weeks for a couple days.  We are setting up the rest of your career here."

"And what do you mean I need an assistant.  I don't think I really want someone...." Justin physically had to put his hands on his legs so Peter didn't see them shaking. Dillon had been hired as an assistant.   

"Justin, are you OK?  You just turned a lovely shade of gray." He smiled at the younger man.

"Um, ya, I'm fine.  I just didn't eat breakfast," That was true.  After the shower this morning he didn't feel much like eating. " I am not sure about the assistant.  Do you think I really need one? I am used to doing things myself."

"Trust me, you are going to want someone along.  After the setting up the show a couple times you will want to be able to turn it over to someone else.  We have a list of several interns that would jump at the chance to tour with you."

"I don't want to sound like an alarmist but you do know what happened when I hired an assistant last time."

Peter nodded.  "I guess I would hesitate if that had happened to me but you do need this help.  We can have background checks done. You can spend time with them. Whatever you need to do to feel comfortable with them."

"I need to talk to Brian before I commit to all this.  The length is not something I expected. When will I work on new projects?"

"Another reason you need an assistant."

They went over several more details before Justin left with itinerary in hand and a stomach that was still churning. He went to his studio and started working on a new project.  There was one thing to be said about his agitated state. His work was amazing.

He wasn't sure how long he had been there but someone was pounding on the door.  He looked up and checked the security camera that had been installed. It was Brian.  Must be something wrong with the camera though. Everything looked dark. He pushed the lock release and he could hear Brian running up the stairs. Justin went to unlock the door for him. That's when he realized it was dark in the building too.

Brian came up the last steps and grabbed Justin in a death grip.  "You're alright! Thank God you are alright. You are alright aren't you?"

Justin looked up perplexed. "What's the matter?"

Brian pushed him to arm's length and now looked angry.  "What's the matter? You didn't come home. I called and you didn't answer.  And it was 7 and then it was 8 and you didn't answer your fucking phone!" He then pulled him close again and just held him. His voice was low and soft. "You scared the hell out of me."

" I'm sorry, Baby. What time is it?"

"It's almost 10:00." Justin just looked at him open mouthed. "You had no idea, did you."

"I got here around 1:00 and started working on a painting. I was thinking it was like 5:00."

Brian was now relaxing a bit. "Well, let me see this masterpiece.  That is if I may."

"Sure, I would like to see it myself. I honestly have no idea."

They went to the area he was working in and both Brian and Justin froze in their steps.

It was bold. It was dark. It was wild. It was inspired!

"Oh my god," Brian whispered.  He looked over at Justin, "What's wrong?"  He knew him so well. This painting was driven by something. It was then that he noticed Justin was shaking uncontrollably. Brian caught him just before he collapsed.

"Sunshine, Justin." Justin's eyes fluttered open. "Are you trying to shorten my life today." They were on the floor, Justin in Brian's arms.  "What is going on?"

"Can we just go home? I will tell you about it later."

"Let me grab some water for you.  Stay where you are." Brian pointed at him with emphasis. He grabbed a bottle of water out of the refrigerator and brought it back to where Justin was leaning against the wall. He took the bottle from him and grabbed Brian's hand with his free one.  He held to it tight. Justin took a couple big swallows of water and took a deep breath.

"I am fine, Brian.  I am ready to go." Using Brian's hand to balance he stood up. "I am good." He leaned forward and kissed Brian. "I am sorry I worried you."

Brian wrapped his arm snuggly around Justin's waist as they walked down the stairs and out to the street. "Should I get a taxi?"

"Seriously, I can walk.  I haven't eaten and I have been standing in the same place for 8 hours without moving.  That's all it was."

Brian wanted to tell him he was full of it but decided they didn't need to do that on the street with Justin in this condition. "What do you want to eat?  Pizza or Chinese? And don't tell me you aren't hungry."

"Pizza is fine."  

There was a shop right around the corner and while Justin stood outside Brian grabbed a pie with everything and they continued the walk home. Justin punched in the gate code and they walked into their courtyard.  

Dan came out of his house and walked over to them.  "Everything alright?"

Brian smiled and said, "Ya, my artist had just blocked out the world creating a masterpiece."  

"Glad to hear it. Catch you later." Dan walked back into his place.  He really was the perfect neighbor. Brian wasn't sure if they would have made it through the stalker incident without him.

Justin unlocked the door and walked in. Brian dropped the pizza on the coffee table and pointed to the couch, not giving Justin any options.  Brian grabbed water out of the fridge and some napkins of the counter. He joined Justin and opened the box. He was glad to see Justin grab a slice devour it.  Maybe he was just in the zone and painting but he bet something started this.

After his third piece he leaned back against the couch.

"Feeling better?" Brian leaned back next to him and drew him close.

Justin smiled, "I was starving and didn't even realize it."

"So you want to tell me why you didn't eat breakfast at least?" Justin always ate something before leaving the house, even if it was a banana.

"Well..."

"Come one Sunshine.  We have been honest for too long to stop now."

Justin nuzzled in closer. "I am sorry.  You're right. The dreams, I do remember them most of the time. They are usually the same but the last couple weeks they are becoming more vivid.  I keep thinking I could have done something. I know, I know, it wasn't my fault. I really do know that."

"Easier said than done." Brian hung onto him.  "So, what else is going on? I know you too well."

"It's the tour."

"I thought you were excited about it."

"I am but it has blown up.  Peter is now talking 6 months, 12 cities, and a hired assistant. I think that's what really hit got me.  It will be hard to be apart but we could survive that with visits. I don't know if I can deal with an assistant. How am I going to trust an assistant?"

Brian was glad to see Justin reach for another piece of pizza and eat the topping off of it. He did look much better. "We can find you the perfect assistant.  We can have Dan research your choices. If we need to we can send a guard with you. anything that will make you comfortable. He leaned in and kissed Justin with as much reassurance as he could. " I think it is time we head to bed.  In the morning we can talk to Dan and get his suggestions on how we can handle this.

Brian stood up and pulled Justin to his feet. "Come here." He enfolded Justin in his arms and pressed his lips first to Justin's forehead, then his cheek and finally he captured his lips. It was like he flipped a switch.  Justin couldn't get enough. He needed physical contact. He needed Brian anyway he could get him. And he meant NOW. It only took Justin seconds to get Brian's pants down. He took all of him in at once. He had Brian's undivided attention.  "Well, give the boy a little nourishment and he becomes a sex maniac. Oh god, that feels amazing!"

Justin dropped his own pants before he stood up. He got on his hands and knees on the sectional. "Now, Brian, take me now!" Brian quickly put on a condom and drove in with no hesitation. "I love you, Brian Kinney, don't ever doubt that." He let out a shout and nearly collapsed just as Brian joined him.  

They ended up in a heap on the couch.  "I don't want you to disappear on me again but, I got to say, you sure know how to make up for it. May I suggest we take this upstairs and maybe use a little polish this time."

In the bedroom they took their time.  Hands, lips, tongues, teeth, every inch of both bodies was fondled, licked, kissed. Every touch was meant for pure pleasure. They both went higher and higher until they reached the peak and took the ride down.   

They both slept soundly through the night.

Brian made it a slow morning.  They shared their morning shower and shaved side by side. Justin caught Brian looking over at him for a third time. "Brian, seriously, I don't think I grew a horn or a third eye over night so please quit staring at me.  I am fine. Yes, I had a rough day yesterday but the councilor told me to expect that. He also said if I felt like I could work it out for myself I probably could."

"Ok, Ok, I believe you. I texted Dan. He is coming for breakfast so we can talk about your tour."

"Guess I better get it started than.  No one wants to eat a breakfast you make." He threw some sausage in a pan and beat some eggs.  He sautéed some onions, mushrooms, and peppers and shredded some cheese. After flipping the sausage, he dropped bread in the toaster and poured the eggs in with the sautéed vegetable."

Brian sat by the counter drinking coffee.  Justin smiled over at him and said, "I hate to interrupt your coffee but grab the butter and jam and put bring it out to the patio.  Grab the juice too.

Justin started the broiler. He topped the eggs with cheese and put it under the broiler for a couple minutes. When he pulled it out the cheese was bubbly and the eggs had finished cooking. Justin put the dishes and the food on a serving tray and carried it out just as Dan walked up.  "Morning, Dan." He set the tray on the table and leaned over giving Dan a kiss in greeting. "Is Andre joining us?"

There was a noticeable shift to Dan's face.  "No, Andre will no longer be joining us, ever." Justin and Brian glanced at each other but knew it was not the time to ask questions.   

"Let me serve you breakfast." He cut the egg dish in quarters and served each eggs and sausage.  Brian poured coffee and juice. The toast was left for each to serve themselves.

"Brian, do you think you could share this man? He is an amazing cook."

"That isn't the only thing he is amazing at!" Justin leaned over and kissed Justin.

"I am afraid we need your help again." Brian and Justin explained the tour to Dan and the need for an assistant that they could trust.

"Let me see what I can come up with.  I will check around for you. "

When breakfast was finished Dan went back home to start some research.  Brian and Justin said goodbye at the gate. "I promise I wll be here by the time you get home today if you let me know what time that will be.

Brian leaned over and kissed Justin.  "I'll text you some time this afternoon with details. They turned and went opposite directions.