- Text Size +

Chapter 3


Life for Brian and Justin was moving at full speed.  Since Justin was leaving soon, both men were trying to be home by 7:00 pm each night which wasn't easy with Brian's current schedule. Opening a new office took time, and lots of it. His staff was coming together nicely.  Daphne was perfect for her position. She had known Brian long enough that she didn't hold anything back which he knew he needed. He had often gotten carried away with an idea and Cynthia would pull him back in. He was fairly sure the 2 women spoke often which is exactly what Brian had hoped.  He needed someone that would keep him in line.

Daphne stuck her head into Brian's office as he thought about his staff. "Brian, Lindsay called when you were on your last call.  She is just checking you are still planning on flying to Toronto tomorrow evening. I told her you were and that you would give her a call."

"Thanks, Daphne.  I will give her a call." Daphne started back out the door when Brian stopped her. "Hey, Daphne, have you talked to Justin lately?" Although he worked with Daphne and lived with Justin he really didn't keep track of their friendship.  He knew they would always be best of friends and he was glad Justin had someone he could talk to and he knew if he did something that really bothered Justin it would get back to him. Many people would hate that but Brian needed it. He wasn't always the best at spotting his own shortcomings. The last thing he wanted to do was mess up his relationship with Justin and be the one in the hot tub crumbling like Dan.

"Of course, I have.  We talk almost every day although he is really busy with Jarod and the tour lately."  As soon as she said it she wished she hadn't used Jarod's name. Justin had told her there was a little tension between them about him.  Brian really wanted Jarod there with Justin but Brian's insecurities were showing.

"Brian Kinney, what are you worried about? You and Justin will always be together.  You two are soulmates and neither of you could function without the other."

"That might be what I am worried about." Brian said with a note of melancholia.  

"Brian, you will be fine.  You are so busy right now the time will fly.  And Gale and I am always here." Gale was his art director that had started dating Daphne soon after arriving in the city.  "I will always be here to knock some sense in to you." She kissed his cheek and headed to the door, "Call Lindsey."

"Hey, Daph." She turned around. "Thanks."

Daphne loved her job!

Brian picked up the phone and called Lindsey.

Justin and Jarod were on a schedule.  They met at the studio at 8:30 each morning.  Jarod was learning about Justin's work while Justin continued working on some of his paintings.  The two men worked very comfortably together.

"Mr. Taylor?"

"Please, Jarod, call me Justin already.  We are going to spend 6 months together, probably 16 hours a day.  Every time you call me Mr. Taylor I think about my father and, trust me, that is not my favorite topic."

"Ok, Justin, I was just wondering if these paintings were included in the show?"

"Those will go along.  They will be on exhibit when the gallery has enough room."

"I will mark them with that note." Jarod continued flipping through paintings and then he noticed one with a tarp over it. "Is that one going?" He pulled off the covering to find not one but two paintings. Pain and Fear in all their boldness. Jarod made an audible intake of air. "Oh my God, I had seen a picture of this one," he pointed at 'Pain'. "Is this one new?" He couldn't stop looking at 'Fear'.

"You are the only other person that has physically seen it accept for Brian."

"It is stunning, I literally can't stop looking at it."

"That's 'Fear'. I just did it about a month ago.  I was going a little crazy thinking about the tour and this is what came out.  Once I thought everything through and once you were hired I don't have that gnawing fear anymore."

"That's my job.  To reassure my clients and, hopefully, friends that we have this under control. I do hope you feel comfortable enough to consider me a friend considering how much time we will be spending together."

"I don't think that will be a problem.  You do know a little bit about my personal life. How about telling me about yours?  Family? Where you were raised? Don't feel like you have to I just thought as we were sorting paintings."

"I don't have any dirty little secrets. I grew up in the Midwest.  I was raised by my single mom. It was always just the two of us. I shouldn't say that.  I never met my father or even knew who he was but he had money. He always made sure we had nice things and sent us on great vacations.  He must have loved her. I always got the feeling he was probably married. When I got old enough my mother gave me a letter from him. She said it would explain everything. I never opened it.  I still have it but I have never opened it. She was enough for me."

"Is she still out there?"

"No.  She was a tough lady but she found one thing tougher than she was.  Cancer."

"Oh, Jared, I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to get so personal."

"That's fine.  It was a while back.  Actually, just before I joined the Marines.  She was the only family I had and I just needed a reason to go forward and I found that. Now, I adapt into whatever family I am working for and treat them like family."

"So, no partner, kids?"

"No, not now.  You don't get to be my age without a few relationships but I haven't ever found the right person."

Damn, Justin had never gotten a feel from here whether he was gay or not and he was hoping talking would make that clear but he wasn't giving anything up. "How did you meet Dan?"

"I worked with some guys he worked with before.  When I got out they told me he might be able to help me get into security or law enforcement. And here I am."

Justin lightly draped an arm around Jarod's shoulders and said, "And I am glad you are." He patted Jarod's chest, "Now, get back to work." He laughed at Jarod's surprised face and then Jarod laughed too.  

" I mentioned I was going out of town this weekend, didn't I?" "

Ya, did you say you were going to Toronto?"  

"Yes, we are going to see Brian's son.  He is a great kid and who knows if I will get to see him with this tour schedule.  He can change drastically in a couple months. He is nearly 6. He was actually born the night I met Brian."

"You were YOUNG when you met him! And you have been together for 6 years?"

"Well, I would say that and, yes, I was 17.  Brian would probably say we have been together a year or 2." Justin saw Jarod's confused look. "Let's just say Brian had commitment issues."

"Tell me to shut up if I get too personal but, is he the only guy you have been with, you know......"

Justin nearly fell over laughing.  "I think we will leave that conversation for some long flight."

"You got it."  Jarod couldn't wait to hear this.    

"So what are your plans for the weekend?  Living it up in the city?"

"Actually, I will probably hole up in my hotel room.  I might stop at the Scott Gallery and check out a few security questions and get the layouts of the hotels in the different cities. I like to have a lay of the land before I get someplace so I can protect you and your work."

"Ever heard of a club? Dancing?"

"Where I grew up there wasn't much opportunity for that. I was mostly a nerd in college and then I went to the Marines."

"Well, trust me we will remedy that at some point on this trip."

Justin looked at his watch.  "Well, time for me to head home. I will be here tomorrow morning but I will leave at noon tomorrow so Brian and I can head to the airport"

The men said goodbye and went their own way.

After Brian had called Lindsey and verified details with her Brian dove into his work.  He left at noon tomorrow for the weekend and Monday he had a big presentation. Tomorrow was going to be crazy. He hoped there were no glitches.  He worked up until 7:00 and then rushed home. It was nearly 7:30 when he punched the code in at the gate. Shit, he should have called Justin or at least texted. "Hi, honey, I'm home." He walked over and nuzzled Justin's neck. "I am so sorry I am later."

Justin gave him a peck on the cheek. "I thought you might be late tonight since we have to leave tomorrow.  I grabbed some salads on my way home. Hope that's Ok."

Brian turned Justin to face him.  "How did I end up with someone so good?"  Brian leaned into Justin and softly laid his lips to Justin's. It was barely the pressure of a butterfly landing. It spoke of things to come. Justin was ready to devour him but Brian backed off. "Let's eat our salads."

"I had something else in mind." Justin took a step toward Brian.

"Later, Later. Let's first eat and then....well, then I can make it worth your while." As Justin walked toward the kitchen Brian ever so softly slipped his hand over Justin's tight little ass. It was again so soft it was more of a thought than feeling it. Justin shivered.

Sitting across from each other at the small table.  Brian poured wine for each of them and then began feeding Justin a salad.  He would give Justin a bite and then take one himself. Brian did this for the whole meal.  He didn't say anything. He would run a fingertip down Justin's cheek or along his jawline. He grazed his shoulder as well as brushing his hair back.

Justin was getting so hot he couldn't sit still. "Brian, please." Justin reached across to make connection with him but Brian gently moved the hand away.  Justin repeated his request, "Brian, please," He was pleading now "I need you." This time he caught Brian's hand and kissed the palm, almost with reverence.  

Neither were eating anymore and Brian stood and offered his hand to Justin.  By now Justin wanted so much more. Brian kept space between them accept the touch of their hands. Brian started undressing Justin slowly.  Every time Justin reached for Brian his hands were gently pushed away. As Brian slipped Justin's pants off he had Justin lay down on his back. Brian quickly but gently tied Justin's hands to the head board. He started at the top of Justin's head, running his fingers through the golden locks. His hands continued their journey, dancing across skin.  His lips soon followed.

Brian got to Justin's belly button and dipped his tongue in and out. He then continued downward, licking, nipping, and kissing but as Justin was about to go wild, Brian skipped to his inner thighs.

"Oh, GOD, Brian. I am not going to be able to hold it much longer."

"What do you want me to do Justin. Tell me.  Do you want to fuck me? Do you want me to fuck you? Tell me what you want!

"I don't care!  I want you."

"Justin, what do you want. Tell me." Brian kept running his fingers on Justin's inner thighs, barely grazing his balls.

"I want you as fucking far in me as you can get. Now," Justin was begging now. "Please, Brian, PLEASE!"

Brian shed his clothes as quickly as he could.  He untied Justin and handed him a condom. Justin was shaking to hold onto control.  He slipped the condom on. Brian added lube and as slowly as he could restrain himself, he entered millimeter by millimeter. By now, Justin was out of his mind. "Brian, please, God, I need more, more. At least kiss me."

Brian couldn't resist.  He leaned over and brushed his lips to Justin's. That was all it took.  Justin had a violent orgasm that shook him to his core. Now Brian attacked Justin's lips and thrust deeply over and over. They both shook uncontrollably and laid together until they could breathe normally again.

Justin clung to him, "That was amazing but I think you missed out a bit."

"I didn't miss out on anything. That was amazing" Brian couldn't believe how good that was. "I didn't know it could be any better that might have moved into the top 10. I think we better get to sleep.  I think we both have a busy day ahead."

"I love you, Brian Kinney."

They both drifted off to sleep remembering the touch of the other.

Justin woke first.  He listened to Brian's deep breaths.  How was he going to be gone so many weeks?  How was he going to wake up in the morning without this?  Without their showers in the morning? Without dinners across from each other."

Justin felt a tear roll down his cheek. This was crazy. They would survive. Just think about the amazing visits home.  

Brian's hand brushed Justin's cheek. "What's wrong?"

"I am going to miss you."  

Brian pulled him closer. "We will both be fine." He kissed him and said, "I need to get moving today.  Can you meet me at the office at noon? I will take your bag with me and we can leave from there."

"Yes, I will be there. Can't wait to see Gus.  It has been a while and will probably be a while before I get a chance to see him again."

They got ready and headed their own way for the morning.  Brian locked himself in his office going over the details for Monday's meeting.  "Daphne! Come here!"

"Yes, your highness?" Daphne curtsied.   

"Sorry." See if you can move the meeting Monday until 10:00.  I think I will need the extra hour."

"OK.  I'll try." She left his office.

Justin walked up to the studio and found Jarod waiting. He gave him a friendly hug, patting his back. Jarod responded in kind.  Jarod looked at Justin's face and smirked." I would say someone got lucky last night."

"I get lucky every night, usually several times but last night... I can't believe I just told you that."

"Don't leave me hanging here. Spill," Jarod said looking at Justin.

Justin shrugged, "What the hell....last night Brian felt like he had to apologize for being late."

"And how did he do that?"

Justin took a deep breath. "First, I don't care who you sleep with, guys, girls, both, neither, but if you are uncomfortable with details, let me know now.  I don't want you looking at me weird the next 6 months."

"Can I say I am intrigued?  Nothing will make me think differently of you and I truly, don't take this wrong, am interested on what it's like.  Ya, I've seen movies, read books, never had anyone who I dared ask questions. It's not something you talk about in the military."

The men continued doing some organization while Justin told him exactly what happened last night from Brian feeding him to being tied up and then how Brian had him make the choices."

As Justin talked Jarod stopped working and just listened. When Justin finished recalling the past evening Jarod just looked at him.  "Is it always like that?"

"Usually we do it a few more times in a night but, what can I say. We are both romantics and we both are horny as hell."

Jarod laughed, "God, now I know why you are worried about being gone so much."

Justin's alarm went off and he realized he needed to get moving.  "Time for us to head out for the weekend. I will be back on Monday morning at 9:00." Justin locked the studio as they left.  "Have a good weekend." Justin gave Jarod a quick kiss on the cheek. "I am really glad to have a new friend, Jarod. I have missed friends back in Pittsburgh so I'm glad to have a new one here. Someone I can talk to."