- Text Size +


Chapter 16


A routine fell into place.  Justin tried to squeeze a lunch date in at the office a couple times a week while Brian planned weekend plans. One day as they sat across the table from each other in Brian’s office, his personal line buzzed.  “Sorry, I have to take this,” Brian said as he got up and walked to his desk. “Hey Ted, thanks for getting back to me. What did you find out? Oh, that long? OK. No, that’s not the number we agreed on,” there was a pause and then in response.  “No, it is not negotiable. I will not change that.” Another pause. “I can’t talk now. Justin is here for lunch.” Pause. “Ok, call me Friday.”


“Ted says ‘hi’,” Brian said as he sat down to eat.


“Sounded like you are working out something a bit sticky.”


“Just business papers. He’ll get it to work.”


Justin slipped off his shoe and rested his foot roamed up Brian’s leg across from him. By slouching his toes could find their target and Brian’s reaction showed they hit the mark.  His eyes rolled backwards.


“Justin, I thought we had agreed.  The office is for….oooooohhhhhhh.”His eyes rolled back as he slid his chair back.


“Party pooper,” Justin smirked.  “Oh well, I have a painting I want to get finished.  Seems to me that is about the spot I was on. It’s a series.”


“Justin, you aren’t doing a series of paintings of my cock,  are you?” Justin just smiled at him as they walked toward the door.


“So what are the plans for the weekend?”


“Sorry, Sunshine, I am heading to Canada for some Gus time. I would have invited you along but it is a really short trip and since just a few weeks ago he spent the week with you….”


“Brian, you don’t have to explain yourself.  He’s your son.”


“No, he is our son. He is lucky enough to have two moms and two dads that would do anything for him.” Justin smiled at that.


“I will be leaving Friday morning to fly to Pittsburgh and then I will go visit Gus from there.  I hope to fly back on Sunday unless I have to stop over in Pittsburgh again. Ted is working on having everything ready on Friday. Would you be up for a late dinner on Sunday?”


“I am sure I will be up for that!”  Justin kissed him soundly. “Call me and let me know what’s up. Call me no matter what.  I will need to hear you voice.”


After stopping to say hi to Daphne, Justin went back to his studio.  He did have a couple paintings he was working on and although one was named ‘Brian’ it was not a painting of him.  It was more a painting about him. Each stroke, each color represented Brian. It was colorful. In spots each color was in its on spot and in other areas the colors ran together. Some spots were intricate while others were undefined.  It was like Brian depending on how you looked at it, depending on when you looked at it, it was Brian with all his layers, all his beauty but also all his imperfections.


Just thinking about Brian made Justin wish they were together that moment. He knew already it was going to be a long weekend.


Brian talked to Ted early Friday morning.  Ted thought everything would be ready for him to sign the papers on Friday morning meaning Brian wouldn’t have to stop on his way back and could fly directly to NYC on Sunday.  


Brian arrived in Toronto. He wanted to rent a car but since he had regained his sight such a short time earlier he wasn’t allowed to drive yet. He rented a car and driver for his stay. Gus would like riding in the back of the big car that had almost a full stocked refrigerator.  He had some talking to do to both Gus and his moms. He was going to prove to all of them he was back to normal. He had been clean nearly two months and his sight had been back permanently a month. Getting off Adderall was different than most drugs. His body needed to detox. The side effects were horrid at the time but now that it was all out of his system it wasn’t like he had a craving for the drug.  He had had an occasion or two where he wished his focus would be better but it really never crossed his mind to get more. His main lack of focus was Sunshine anyway. He hoped very soon Justin was back home where he belonged.


The car pulled up to Mel and Linds’ house.  The door flew open and his dark haired boy hurtled down the steps and into his arms.  He scooped Gus up and instantly never wanted to set him down. He loved his boy. He carried him up the steps under one arm, hearing giggles all the way. Lindsey greeted him with a hug.  


“Looking good, Brian.”

“You, too, Linsey. Thanks for letting me come up this weekend.  I just wanted to reassure you I have returned to my old self completely.”


“I was surprised Justin didn’t come up with you.  Gus couldn’t quit talking about him after his visit to New York.  Don’t tell me you two aren’t together.”


“We are together.  We just aren’t living together yet.  But I hope that will change in the very near future.  I am proving to him I want him in my life forever.”


“Does that mean you are proposing? Again?”


“No but I am making a commitment to him.”  Brian went on to explain what he was doing and what part he needed their approval for.


“Gus and I are headed to the hotel but could you explain everything to Mel and hopefully you will agree.”


“It’s a beautiful offer, Brian. You know he isn’t looking for anything like that. I know how much Justin loves you.  This will work out.”


“Please don’t say anything to him until you know I have talked to him.  I am not sure when we will have the discussion.”


“We won’t say anything. Now, hey Gus, bring your overnight bag down so you can leave with your dad.”  


“By the way, Linds, thanks for this.  For letting me take him...for trusting me to take him.”


“I know you would protect him with your life, Brian.  I never doubted that. I just didn’t know what else might have set you off.  I knew Justin would take care of him.”


Gus pulled on Brian’s hand until they were out the door.  He turned and hugged his mom and then ran to the car and waiting driver.


Brian hugged Lindsey, “Thank you.  I will have him back with a stomach full of pancakes about noon Sunday..”


After spending a couple hours in the hotel pool, Brian could see his son’s eyes getting heavy.  “Time to head upstairs, Sunny Boy. What do you want for dinner? Burgers and Fries? Spaghetti?, Chinese?, Pizza?”

As they waited for the burgers and fries Gus put on his pajamas. “Dad, where’s Justin? You aren’t still mad at him are you?”


“What makes you think I was mad at Justin?”


“Well, he told me how much he still loved you and he said you weren’t happy with him so I figured you had a fight. Did you know he slept with me when I was there.  He said Jarod was his friend but he loved me so he wanted to snuggle.”


Brian had to hide the tears in his eyes.  Thankfully, there was a knock on the door.  “Dinner’s here.”


Before he had a chance to finish his meal, Gus couldn’t keep his head up. Brian tucked his son in bed and about half way through his version of Goldilocks and the three bears, Gus was sound asleep.


It was 9:00 p.m.  What was he going to do the rest of the evening.  The only thing he could think of, the only thing he wanted to do, was talk to Justin. He hit auto dial and it went straight to voice -mail.  Where was he? He left a message to give him a call.


Justin stood in his studio.  He had just finished the painting.  Every stroke was Brian. His stomach rumbled loudly.  He glanced at the clock to find out the time and was astounded to find out it was already after 10:00 pm.  He scrolled for his missed texts and then started listening to his voicemail. The first two weren’t important but the third was the one he had hoped would be there. “Hey, Sunshine, where are you on a Friday night when I’m not there? Gus misses you. He loves you. We both love you.  I love you. I miss you. Can’t wait to see you Sunday night. Call me when you get this message.”


Justin hit send and heard Brian’s line ring. “Sunshine.” His voice was like a caress on Justin’s  skin. A shiver ran through him.” Where ya been?”

“I was at the studio. You know how I lose track when I am working in there. Shoot, I bet Gus is already asleep.  I wanted to talk to him.”


“Do you know how much I love you?”


Now the shiver Justin felt was located somewhere else. “What brought all this on?”


“Our son was telling me how much fun he had when he visited.  He asked if I was still mad at you because he knew how much you loved me. After everything I have done to you all you are is kind.”


“Brian, I try not to hurt those I love.  You didn’t need to beat up while you were already down.”


“And then he told me how much he loved when you snuggled with him at night. He said you and Jarod were friends but you loved him.”

“Brian, because I want to be completely honest, you do know Jarod and I did sleep together.”

“Stop!  Justin, I am the one that threw you out.  You had every right to sleep with whoever you wanted to.  Do I want to hear about it? No. But you chose our son over a great looking guy who would have loved you.”


“Yes, but it wasn’t love to me.  It was empty. You were always there. And it wasn’t fair for me to think about you when I was with him.”


“God, I wish I would have taken you along! I could use your help taking care of a ‘situation’ I am having right now.”


“Oh, you could now, could you?  Is it a situation I am familiar with?”


“Oh, yes, it has arisen many times when you were around.”


“If I was there I am sure I could get a grasp of the situation and taken care of that for you.”


“Oh, god, Sunshine,” Brian moaned. “I will see you Sunday evening, Ok?”


“Yes, Baby. I love you.”


“I love you too.”



Brian and Gus had a great time on Saturday.  In the morning they went to a hands on science museum where both Brian and Gus had fun getting their hands into everything.  They stopped for lunch on the way back to the hotel and then spent the afternoon at the pool. Gus was usually an even tempered kid but he was tired and when there was a minor skirmish over a toy in the water Gus went into meltdown mode. Brian, made him apologize and then wrapped him in a towel and carried him out of the pool area. When they arrived in the room Gus looked at Brian and said, “Are you mad at me? Are you going to kick me out like you kicked Justin out?”


Brian looked at the fear in his son’s eyes and dropped to his knees pulling his son close. “Gus, I will never get so mad at you that I would kick you out. Why would you even say such a thing?”


With his lower lip trembling he took a step back and looked at his dad, “You love Justin and you kicked him out.”


“Yes, I did, Gus.  And that was very wrong of me.  I thought I was helping him but now I know I was hurting him and I am really working hard to get Justin to move back in with me. And I will never make him move out again and I would NEVER leave you.”


Brian sat down and pulled Gus onto his lap.  In minutes Brian could tell his son was asleep. The fact that Gus thought his dad would leave him nearly killed him. He may have made a mess of his life earlier but never again. Justin and Gus were his family and always would be. The love he felt for his family was beyond words.  As his emotions overwhelmed him a tear slipped down his cheek. He was going to be the best man he could be.


When Gus woke from his nap Brian lightened the mood.  They rented a movie on the TV at the hotel and ate pizza and ice cream. And most importantly, they laughed.  They were silly and they were together.


Brian had said his goodbyes to Gus after eating pancakes as promised.  As much as he loved Gus once he was on the plane, Justin was all he could think about. As soon as he landed in New York City Brian called Justin. “Are we still on for dinner?”


“You’re back?  Of course, your back.  Are you still at the airport?”

“I am just heading home now.  It will probably be around 8:00 by the time I get to the  house.”


“I will meet you there.  I will take care of dinner.”


“Sunshine?”


“Yes, Brian?”


“I have missed you so much.  I love you.”


“I love you, too, Brian. See you soon.”


Justin stopped at the grocery store on his way to the house. He bought ingredients to make a stir fry.  He chopped the vegetables and cubed the meat. He started a pot of rice.


Brian walked through the door at 8:15 looking very tired but happy.  “Hi Honey, I’m home.” he said with a cheesy grin on his face.


Justin walked over and took his bag from him, setting it down out of the way.  He then stepped into Brian’s arms. He pulled him near. Their mouths melded together.  Between kisses they murmured words of love. Finally Justin pulled away. “I am sure you are hungry.  Dinner will be ready in fifteen minutes. Will you pour us something to drink? Brian set the glasses on the table and walked behind Justin Pulling him in to feel his growing need. As he tossed the last of the vegetables into the pan he stirred them, knowing if he faced Brian they would never eat dinner. Brian’s hands roamed over Justin’s body freely. Slipping his fingers under Justin’s shirt and traced the muscles underneath. For a second Justin lay his head on Brian’s collar bone. Why hadn’t he moved back in yet? Oh, he needed this man more than a couple times a week.  He needed this man in his life every day. How would he be sure Brian wouldn’t do it again? At this minute he didn’t care. He turned to face Brian, kissed him, and said. “Dinner is served.”


Although the meal was wonderful it could have been made from cardboard as much as they tasted it. They sipped wine and touched.  A hand on a cheek. A thumb tracing a lip, Fingers brushing away a lock of hair. Justin stood and took Brian’s hand. When Justin flipped on the gas fire it was the first time Brian realized the coffee table wasn't’ sitting where it usually did. There were pillows on the rug and they sat down.  Brian’s face had a look of surprise when Justin handed him a long stick and he picked one up for himself. From the side of the sectional Justin pulled out a tray. There was a bag of marshmallows, chocolate candy bars, and graham crackers.


“Smores? Really.”


“Smores!”


They giggled like boys around a campfire while marshmallow got smeared on their fingers. Melted chocolate was in the corner of Justin’s mouth and Brian leaned in to lick it off.  Justin took Brian’s fingers and nibbled off the sticky marshmallow. They nibbled and licked hands and fingers and then clothes slipped off and palms and mouths. Traveled the plains of each others chests.  They both stood to drop their pants.and their bodies fused together, trying to touch as much of their bodies as they could. The fire was warming their bodies from the outside but the flames from inside were far hotter. As Brian slowly pressed into Justin he let out a sigh.  He felt like he was coming home. He picked up the pace and soon they were both frantic for release. As their bodies and minds went over the edge, their hearts were again claimed by each other.


They eventually made their way upstairs.  They came through the door arm in arm. Justin had put fresh sheets on the bed and sprinkled rose petals and then Brian noticed it.  At the foot end of the bed lay Brian’s robe and across from it was Justin’s. Brian took his arm from Justin’s waist and walked over to the dress and opened a drawer that was empty on Friday.  He found Justin’s underwear. He walked back to where Justin was standing.


“Does this mean what I think it means?”


“If it’s alright with you….” was all Justin got out before Brian picked him up and carried him to the bed. As he set Justin back on his feet Justin placed his hands on Brian’s shoulders. “We still have some things, a lot of things, to sort out, Brian, but we can do this, together.” Slowly they lay down and together began healing their broken souls.



The next few days Brian and Justin caught up, not only in the bedroom but on the rest of their lives.  



“I’d love to see what is going on at Kinnetik.” Justin said a couple days later.


“Are you sure? I don’t ever want you to feel that you have to help me with my business.”

“Brian, I will always be involved with your business.  It is a part of you. And I enjoy the ad business. I don’t ever want you to feel like I am trying to make decisions for you.”


“Justin, I may not have done something exactly the way you do but you have never made a bad decision when it comes to a campaign.  I doubt this office would have stayed open if it wasn’t for you.


Justin walked over to Brian and what was supposed to be a quick kiss left them both breathless 10 minutes later. “If we don’t stop now we will never get to work.”


“Justin continued to nibble Brian’s ear.  Would that be so bad?”


“Stop being a bad influence!” Brian pushed Justin away playfully. “Come with me and I will show what I’ve been up to.”


“Why do I want to add, ‘Says the spider to the fly’? And the two walked out arm in arm.  


As they arrived at the office Daphne ran to meet them at the door, throwing her arms around both of them.


Brian put on his cynical face and said, “Let me guess, you texted her you moved back in.” Brian wrapped his arms around Daphne and gave her a squeeze.  


Then Daphne and Justin were hugging.  They didn’t say a word. Brian knew these two were always going to be close and he long ago stopped even wanting to know what they all shared.  He was just glad she was there for him.


Justin spent the day with in the office. He looked at all the campaigns that were being worked on.  He couldn’t stop himself in making a couple suggestions. Around 1:00 , Daphne brought in the lunch the men had her order.  As she walked out she flipped the switch that fogged the wall of glass to the lobby and smiled over her shoulder.


“I have always liked that girl.” Brian collected Justin in his arms “I do miss you in the office for certain reasons.” He attacked Justin’s neck running his tongue along the sensitive skin leading from the ear to the neck feeling Justin’s pulse as he did so. He then claimed Justin’s lips, using his tongue to taste Justin’s mouth. He broke away long enough to lock the door.


Justin ran across the office and jumped into a Brian’s arms to reclaim those lips he couldn’t live without. Justin backed Brian up to the couch. He unbuckled Brian’s pants and let them drop. He then gave him a push and he sat down. Justin straddled Brian’s lap and he started unbuttoning  Brian’s shirt.

Brian stopped Justin,  “I am sure whatever you have planned would be wonderful but I have a meeting in 20 min. So….” Brian picked Justin up and shuffled over to his desk with him at his waist. He disengaged Justin and undid his pants. He yanked down Justin’s pants and slammed into him with little straint as he pressed Justin down to the desk.  The pace picked up and over and over Brian completed long, strong thrusts. Brian reached up the front of Justin’s shirt and then pulled Justin back tightly again him.


“ Now this is what I call a wonderful lunch.”


Justin enjoyed spending the day at Kinnetik again.  He was glad it wasn’t his full time job but it gave him a rush to watch a campaign come together and know he helped with it.  He even did a quick computer generated piece of art to be shown as the background for a new client that was sure to convince them this was the agency for them.  Around 4:00 pm he was just putting the final touches on a poster Gale had asked his opinion on when arms slid around his waist.


“Do you think I can pull you away?  Remember you aren’t on the payroll so you really don’t have to work so hard.”


Justin leaned back into the comfort there.  “I am enjoying myself. Can you give me maybe 15 minutes to finish this and then I am all yours?”


“I am starting the stopwatch.”  He kissed the side of his neck and walked out.


Justin looked at Gale.  “Gee, I wonder what I did to get called to the bosses office?”


“My guess is what he wants to do or wants you to do,”  Gale responded.


“I hope you’re right.” Justin winked at him and continued working.  


It was a full half hour by the time Justin arrived in Brian’s office. Justin walked in to see him pacing.  At first he was afraid he was mad because he was late.


“Hey, sorry.  I just needed to finish that layout.  I was getting a buzz from it.”


“Justin, can you sit down.” Brian pointed to a chair by his small conference table.


“Is there something wrong, Brian?” He saw the papers set out on the table.


Brian looked very nervous about something.  “No, no nothing is wrong. I would just like you to sign some papers.”


“These look awfully official. What’s going on, Brian?”


Brian could see Justin’s panic rising. “Justin, take a deep breath.  Nothing is wrong. In fact I haven’t felt so good in a long time. You know last week on my way to Toronto I stopped off in Pittsburgh. Well, I have been talking to my lawyer and had him draw up these papers.”


Justin’s mind started going through a list of things it could be.  Brian was a wealthy man. He could understand if his lawyer thought they needed to have some kind of agreement signed between them.  Although he felt they would always be together, maybe someday Brian would change his mind. It’s not like he wanted anything from him.  In fact, he had tried several times to pay Brian back for this schooling and he always refused. He finally donated it to the Vic Grassey House.


“Justin, are you listening?”


“Sorry, I was just thinking that these papers would be important to you and Kinnetik.  I don’t blame the lawyer for wanting to protect your business from anyone. You worked too hard……”


“Justin, take a breath and let me talk.” Brian said with a smile. “Justin, the first papers here are for the loft and the country house. I had the lawyer draw up papers to put them in both of our names.”


“Brian, I didn’t pay for them.  You bought them. They belong to you.”


“No, now they belong to us. Just sign them.”


“But, Brian….”


“Just shut up and sign.”  If he was fighting him over this what was he going to say about the rest  of papers. Justin signed the first paper.


Brian pulled out another set of papers. “This is my will.  You need to read the highlighted section.”


Justin read it silently. His eyes began to tear up. “I don’t know what to say.”


“I talked to Mel and Lindsay about this and they totally agree with it.  In fact, you will see they signed the next page. Basically if anything happens to me, you, for all intents and purposes, will be considered Gus’s father.  All visitation rights I have will transfer to you. It also states that his trust fund will be managed by the 3 of you until he is 25.”


Justin walked around the table and sat in the chair next to Brian. Taking Brian’s hand he moved it to his mouth.  After kissing it he said, “You don’t know how much this means to me.”


“I think I do.  You love Gus as much as I do and at times have been a better father than I have been to him.”


“That’s not true. You….”


“I know it’s true but I am going to make that up to him. Starting with you staying in his life no matter what.”


Justin leaned over and kissed him. “Thank you,” he said in an emotion filled voice.” He signed the second paper.


“I have one more thing for you to sign.” Brian reached across the table to where Justin had been sitting and pulled the papers toward him.


Justin glanced down and saw these had to do with Kinnetik. He knew Brian had plans to give Ted and Cynthia a portion of the business.  “Do I need to sign something as a witness or something?”


“No, all the owners need to sign.”


Justin looked very confused.  


“Sunshine, I gave Ted and Cynthia both 15% ownership in the company.” As Brian was speaking Justin was skimming the document in front of him.


“Brian, I think the lawyer did something worn here.”


“No, he did it just the way I asked him to. I own 30% of the company with full responsibility to the running of the company employees,  and the expenses. And the last 40% is in your name.”


“Brian, this is crazy!  It is great you gave Ted and Cynthia their share.  They have both worked so hard for you for so many years. I’ve only worked for the company a little bit here and there. It is yours.  You started it from just a thought in your mind.


“Who named the company?”


“Well, I did but that was just a whim of a drawing I did.”


“Who supported me, pushed me, reassured me I would succeed?”


“I knew you could do it.  I was just reminding you.”


“Justin, you believed in me when I doubted myself.  You believed in me when I everyone else thought I should take job offers from the competitors.  You were there when I was talking shit and blowing smoke. Justin, I couldn’t get rid of you and I never want to.  So, you own 40% of Kinnetik. Sign the damn paper and kiss me already.”


Justin left the office ahead of Brian.  He had to admit he was a bit in shock. This man who had done so much for him already, just gave him so much and he wasn’t talking about the company.  Brian trusted him with the life of his son. What do you do to match something like that? He knew there was nothing he could do except show him how much he loved him. After a little thought Justin knew what he would do.


Justin stopped at the corner grocery store and picked up a few things.  He then went home. He put Brian’s favorite comedy in the bluray. He made dinner.  Up in the bedroom, Justin took out all the toys Brian had. They played with toys sometimes but not very often. He spread them out on the nightstand and went back downstairs.  


Justin prepared their dinner and made a batch of popcorn.  He set out the condiments and paper plates. He put the popcorn by the remote and a bucket full of beer on ice. Brian buzzed when he got to the gate so Justin knew he was on his way.  Justin turned the burner on his and took the buns out of the steamer.


Brian walked in the house.  “Honey, I’m home.”


Justin kissed him on the cheek.  “I am so glad you are. Hungry?”


“I guess I am. I seem to have worked up an appetite this afternoon.” Brian started nibbling on Justin’s neck.


“Let’s not ruin THAT appetite right now.  Dinner is ready.”


Brian walked to the counter and started laughing. Hot dogs, really?”


“I have all your favorite condiments. Help yourself.”


“Paper plates?”


“It’s kid’s night.  Things you liked best when you were young. Things you wanted to try.”


“Justin?”


“Just make yourself a couple hot dogs. I’ve got beers by the TV.”


After sitting on the sectional, Justin started the show.

Brian looked at Justin and pulled a funny face.  “Really? What are we 12?”


“I was thinking more like 14.”


Soon both of them were laughing, repeating silly lines.  They were throwing popcorn at each other’s mouths and drinking beer. They may have drank a couple more than expected but what ‘teenagers’ didn’t drink more than they should.


As the movie was coming to an end Brian and Justin started exploring with their hands, their mouths. Justin stood up and offered his hand to Brian who tugged at him to sit down again.


“Trust me, we will continue our fun upstairs.”


Now Brian took the stairs two at a time.  Justin followed closely behind. When Justin walked in, Brian was already looking at the toys on the nightstand. He turned to Justin and had a quizzical look on his face.


“Tonight we are 14.   Didn’t you wonder what it would be like to use these items? Tonight, Brian, I am yours to do with what you like and let me know what you want me to try on you.”


Brian smirked. “That could be really dangerous to offer.”


“Brian, any pain you give me will be followed by such pleasure I have no worries.”


Brian began with a vibrating dildo.  It was a bit bigger than was comfortable for Justin but soon he was moaning with need.


“Oh, no, you aren’t cumming yet.”


“Trust me at 14 I would have cum a couple times already.”


“Well, let’s see if there is anything else that looks like fun.”


“I seem to be,” Justin took a deep breath trying to keep his composure, “Having all the fun.”


“I don’t know if I would say that,” Brian  said, “But I’m game.”


“Preferences?” Brian made no choice so Justin found a set of vibrating love beads. Justin started kissing Brian as he slowly started inserting one bead and then a second, and then a third.”


Brian and Justin started giggling.  They were both so turned on at this point and yet they felt like teenagers playing for the first time. Brian removed the vibrator he was using on Justin and replaced it with his own cock. Justin reached between their legs and started pulling out the beads one at a time. Each time Brian went in for a stroke Justin pulled another one out. As Justin pulled out the last bead both men fell into convulsions partly from their orgasms and partly from the laughter that bubbled up in both of them.  


“Sunshine, I loved what you planned tonight.  I haven’t felt so relaxed in a very long time. But you know what? Nothing is more special than just you and me.  We don’t need anything extra to make is special.” He kissed Justin drawing him as near as he could. “Although, I have to admit it was kind of fun ‘playing’.”


Together the fell asleep with smiles on their faces.


The next morning, Brian woke to his favorite wake up call.  Justin’s head was moving up and down on his already hard cock. Justin looked at him and smiled. “Good Morning. Would you like to take this to the shower?”


While they were apart this is one of the things they both missed.


They spent a long time sudsing each other up and then sliding wet skin on wet skin.  After they made love Justin wrapped his arms around Brian. “Are you busy today or do you have time to come to my studio with me?”


“I have a meeting in about an hour but I can free up the entire afternoon. I will come here as soon as I can.” He kissed him and rushed to get dressed for work.


Brian arrived as promised to spend the afternoon with Justin.  After changing out of his suit and tie the two men strolled the short distance to his workspace.


Justin took Brian up to the studio to see the latest painting he had done.  Brian was always impressed by Justin’s work but he had gone to another level now.


Brian looked at the canvases, “ Justin, these are so…. Amazing. That isn’t a big enough word but nothing else comes to mind.  He walked to the one Justin painted with him in mind. “I don’t know what it is about this one but there is just so much in it.  I think I could look at it forever and never see it all. What inspired this one?”


“Look at the back.”


He walked around it.  He saw, ‘BRIAN’ written there. He moved back to continue to look at it. “This is the painting you mentioned. This….how is  this me? Why am I so drawn to it? I just …..”


Justin reached around and linked his fingers in front of Brian. “Baby, it is you in every way.” He pointed to an area. “This area is Brian, the business man.  Bold and sure of yourself.” Pointing to another spot, “Over here is Brian, the father. The pure joy you get from Gus. This section is Brian, the friend. These spots, here and there are other rolls you play as benefactor and entrepreneur, and so many other things you do. ”


“Sunshine, where are you? You have to be in this painting.”


“Brian, look at it closely and you will find me.”


Brian looked closer and realized under all the colors, all the textures there was a base color.  The color of yellow. His Sunshine.


His Sunshine was his anchor, his foundation. Sunshine supported him at home and at work. Sunshine was his family, along with Gus. Without an anchor, without a strong foundation, you don’t have stability. Eventually the walls crack and crumble. Brian realized now that without the yellow base the painting would lack the life it had.  Brian turned in Justin’s arms, looked down into his face, and with tears running down his cheeks he said, “I promise I will not forget you are there, ever again.


That night resting in Brian’s arms, for the first time, Justin was sure he would be in this  same place until the end of their lives. “Brian, you awake.”


“Ya, I am, Sunshine.”


“I was just thinking. I hope you realize in 40 years I plan to be in this same spot. I know we won’t be  living in this house. We won’t even be living in New York City. There might be grandkids in the next room but what’s important will be the same. I will be in your arms because I can’t live without you.”






The End.
Simply written is the author of 42 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Can't Live Without You Part 2 also liked 598 other stories.
This story is part of the series, Can't Do Life Without You. The previous story in the series is Can't Live Without You Part 1. The next story in the series is CDLWY 13 Struggles.