- Text Size +

CHAPTER 1

 

‘We should get away for a while. Just the two of us’ Justin rested his head on Brian’s Chest while they lay in. fingers were interlaced. It was a lazy Sunday morning. ‘Hmm?’ ‘You and I. We should go somewhere. It’s our 1 year coming up next month, and I want to go somewhere with you’ Brian grinned. Tell him 5 years ago he’d be a haply married man, he’d have laughed at you.  Yes they’d still had their Oscar winning arguments from time to time, but they made a promise to never end the day on bad terms. So far it’d worked.

‘So, anywhere in particular?’ ‘Well I’ve kinda always fancied New Orleans’ ‘What the fuck’s in New Orleans?’ ‘Well they have great culture down there I hear. Great music. Great people’ ‘Any dance clubs?’ ‘Probably’ ‘Well then. I guess I’m up for a trip’. Justin tilted his head up so they could kiss softly. ‘Mmm. Something else is up’ Brian grinned into the kiss. ‘He’s always up for you baby’ Justin pushed himself up to sitting ‘I need a shower. Wanna join me?’ ‘Have I ever said no?’ they both laughed.

Justin got up, stripped off his pajama bottoms, and got the water running. Standing in front of the mirror, he quickly combed out his hair before stepping into the steaming cubicle. His hair was getting longer again, but Brian kept telling him he liked it that way. So for now it stayed. 

He was soaping his chest when he felt arms wrap themselves around his stomach and pull him back till he connected with Brian’s body, His erection evident. . ‘You know I’d go anywhere, be anything for you sunshine’ Leaning over slightly, Brian nuzzled into Justin’s neck nibbling lightly at the soft skin. And Justin tilted his head to the side to allow more access to his throat, and shut his eyes. Melting into the sensations it caused. And the tingles he felt in his own body.  ‘Brian….’ Was all Justin needed to say. The need in his voice clear as day.

Brian pushed Justin up against the tiles, and slid his had between his Justin’s legs. Finding the sensitive hole he loved so much. His own anticipation was building as he teased the muscles. Getting them to relax. Slowly slipping first one finger in then two, to stretch his lover open.

Justin moaned. Letting his head fall back. Pushing his hips back as hard as he could onto those probing fingers. But he wanted so much more.

Brian whispered, husky ‘You ready?  Want my rock hard dick in your ass?’ ‘Please! Fuck me’

Brian, nearly desperate himself, removed his fingers, grasped his cock, and slid in easily. He entered as far as he could, and paused when he was completely inside.

Justin felt like jelly. He was glad Brian held him from behind, because he didn’t think he’d be standing otherwise. Brian’s left hand came up and wrapped around Justin’s throat, while his right grasped Justin’s cock and began to rub in time with his thrusts. Slow but hard.

‘That feel good baby?’ ‘uh huh’ ‘how does it feel, me inside your tight little ass?’ ‘S s so amazing’ ‘Want me to go faster?’ ‘hard….fast…please’ Brian needed no further encouragement. He picked up pace, and began an honest, mindless rhythm, that soon had them both heaving with release, and panting.

Justin really did feel like jelly right now, and he laughed. ‘Brian. Hon. I don’t think I can walk’ Brian chukkles. ‘Well ya better, cause I’m not done with you yet’ ‘can we at least get out and get dry, cause I’m getting cold here’ Brian switches off the water, steps out and grabs two towels from the rack, and tosses one to Justin, who although wobbly, manages to dry himself off, and walk back to their bedroom. Brian close behind with a hand on the small of Justin’s back.

‘On your back sunshine’ Justin obliges and sprawls sideways across the bed instead of having his head at the headboard. Brian kneels on the floor between his legs.

Brian begins to move his hands up Justin’s thighs from his knees. Feather touches. Knowing it would drive Justin mad wanting his touch.

 

After the plans had been discussed for which weekend they would take their trip, breakfast was made. Pancakes with blueberries and sweetened cream. And coffee to follow out on the patio. Fall was approaching, so all the trees were beginning to turn various shades of orange, yellow and red.

They wanted to get away somewhere quiet. To escape the craziness of Halloween. So the opted for the last weekend in October.

The month flew by with the anticipation of getting out the city for a while. Getting into nature and fresh air.

‘Got everything you need sunshine?’ ‘Yeah. Just got one last phone call to make to Ryan then I’m ready’ Ryan was Justin’s left hand for managing his gallery while they were away. He still couldn’t believe it. He had his own gallery in New York. He’d become such a success with his art, they’d granted him the young achievers award, and given him his own gallery/studio. He was selling pieces for no less then $500 a month. Sometimes he sold more than one a month.

The phone call took minutes, but Justin found concentrating on the conversation difficult on account of the exploring hands wrapping themselves around his body. Ryan was a sweet guy, but he was straight, and Brian liked to tease him whenever they were all in the same room. On more than one occasion, getting a little touchy feely with an embarrassed Justin just to get a rise from him.

‘Ok Ryan, see you next week’ ‘Sure. And make that man of yours behave. I can hear him from here’ they both laughed ‘Bye’ ‘Bye Justin’ Placing the phone back in it’s cradle, Justin turned in Brian’s arms and kissed him.

 

 

 

 

The weekend arrived that they were going away. Essentials were packed and ready to head to the airport in the car.

Both Brian and Justin made respective last minute business calls, Brian speaking to Ted, and Justin to Ryan. Then they were off.

There weren’t many people on the plane. But since it was only a domestic flight, they didn’t really expect there to be.

They were off the tarmac and in the air in less then 20 minutes.

Both sitting comfortably in business class.

The hostess came down the isle and stopped by their seats. ‘Good morning gentlemen. Could I interest you in morning tea?’ ‘what’s on offer stewardess?’ ‘we have High tea. Fresh scones with strawberry jam and cream. Or…’ ‘that’ll be fine’ Brien smiled up at her, and she preceded to lay out the sweet treats. ‘You on a holiday boys? Or business?’ Justin grabbed Brian’s hand so she could see. ‘Our 1 year wedding anniversary’ Her body deflated slightly, but she kept smiling ‘Oh, congratulations then’ Thankyou’ Brian was about as sincere as he could be without laughing. She finished serving then moved away. Justin waited till she was out of earshot and leant in to kiss Brian lightly. ‘She was flirting with you’ ‘well she doesn’t get me.’ ‘mmm I know. You’re mine’

Both men dug into their scones. Even breaking off little pieces and feeding each other so the cream would have to be licked off in a kiss.

‘Hey sunshine, ever been part of the mile high club’ ‘course not. When the hell have I ever had the chance?’ ‘Well…now you do. You game?’ ‘ Have you done it before?’ ‘Once. Long time ago. Before I met you’ ‘what’s it like?’ ‘Tight. In more ways than one. Here. I’ll go to the toilet. You wait 60 seconds then come join me’ Brian unbuckled his belt and headed forward towards the small room. Justin’ s heart rate picked up. Partly from excitement and partly from nervs. – what if they were caught- the stewardess walked past them with a trolly again. And glanced in his direction but kept moving. Justin counted 60 seconds in his head and rose from his seat. Made his way to the toilet. He could HEAR his heart thumping. – calm down man, it’s Brian-  Justin lightly knocked on the door. The door slid open just enough for him to squeeze through, close it and hit the –occupies- sqitch

 

The second he turned back around he was pounced on. Brian kissed him with such voracity he couldn’t catch his breath for a moment.

Brains hands were expertly working at Justin’s jeans. In seconds he had them sliding down his hips and around his knees. ‘Turn baby . Face the mirror’ there was some shuffling, but they managed. Justin braced his hands on the vanity, and hung his head. Trying to calm his erratic breathing.

Brian pressed his body up against Justin’s, telling without words he was already hard.

Justin’s body was already wet and ready, and Brian slid in smoothly. He brought his right hand up fast  and covered Justin’s mouth. He whispered in his ear. ‘Don’t make a sound’

Brian began a steady but hard pace. Trying himself not to shout out. God knows he wanted to. Justin was whimpering under his breath. He leant his head back with closed eyes on Brian’s shoulder. ‘Open your eyes. Look at us in the mirror. It’ll make you come with me’

Justin did his best to keep his eyes open and look at the man he loved behind him.

‘I love you, sunshine’ That’s all Justin needed. He came with a silent yell. Brian close behind.

Both panting, Brian slid out of that warm place he loved, and turned Justin around to face him.

‘Don’t ever doubt that ok? I love you’ ‘Love you too baby’ they shared one more deep kiss before pulling their pants up. Slightly awkward in the cramped space. Justin left the room first, slightly breathless, and made his way back to the seat. Trying his best to walk like nothing happened.

  

 

 

Brian had said he’d be out in a minute. Just needed to actually use the amenities.

 

By the time the plane landed the boys were ready to get off. They were eager to get to the hotel and finish what they’d started on the plane.

But navigating their way through the airport was beginning to give Brian a headache. They’d been waiting for what seemed like forever for their luggage. And then hailing a tax was just as bad.

The cab driver was too cheerful, and kept asking questions about where they came from, and to be careful of them ‘night folk’ that were growing in numbers, and Justin wasn’t sure if he’d understood, but something else about ‘fang bangers’ he recommended a visit to a quiet town called ‘Bon Temps’ which was full of the friendly kind of people.

 

They checked into their hotel room, and sat on the bed.

‘Do you think we should check out that town?’ ‘sounded like it could be fun’ ‘maybe we could pick up a cute southern trick while we’re here’ ‘Why sunshine, ya know that warms my heart’

 

They had asked at reception how they could get to Bon Temps, and she’d given them the contact details of a cab service that would take them there for a small fee. It was a short drive. Only about 30 minutes. So they figured they could go find a club and dance for a couple hours, before heading back to their hotel.

 

 

 

Brian took a hold of Justin’s hand, squeezing lightly. The parking  lot only had a few cars, but there seemed to be a few people hovering outside. Glances were thrown their way as they walked towards the entrance. They were used to getting attention back in Pittboutough. Justin had even gained a reputation as ‘The man who’d tamed Brian Kinney’

Out the front stood a tall blonde woman. Who despite the cool night didn’t seem to be wearing much. A sleeveless thigh length black dress. Her long gold wavy hair hung loosely over her shoulders, and she watched them approach with an amused expression.

 

‘Evening boys’ ‘Uh evening’ she looked Justin up and down, and he felt Brian’s hand tighten in his slightly. A possessive gesture. She looks Justin in the eyes ‘I.D’ ‘I’m 25’ ‘’I.D! We don’t allow minors in’ she casts a glance at Brian ‘In any capacity’ Justin pulls his hand free and digs out his card showing it to the woman. ‘You can go in’ she hands back the card. Mumbles under her breath. ’Good luck getting out’

 

Brian and Justin walked in. hand in hand again, and entered a spacious area with lots of tables and chairs. There was even a raised area, much like a stage. The music being played was heavy and haunting. And the people around were a mix of goths and people in regular country type cloths.

There was a haze of smoke in the air, over layed with what Brian could only describe as metallic smell.

 

People were dancing in the center of the room. Rather provocatively. And on a raised block Justin noticed a single scantly clad woman pole dancing.

On the stage sat a man in a single hi backed chair. Almost resembling a throne. His face was in shadow, but Brian could tell he was slender and well muscled.

 

Justin noticed Brian’s attention was fixed on something and he followed his gaze ‘ You’re already hunting’ wasn’t so much a question as an observation. Brian looked at Justin. ‘Sorry. Old habits’ ‘die hard. Should we find a table?’ ‘Mmm I think I’d rather dance’ ‘Won’t argue with that’ Brian pulled Justin through the crowd to an empty spot on the floor and wrapped his arms around his lovers waist. ‘Who do you think he is?’ ‘Who?’ ‘you know who, that man on the stage’ Brian shrugs ‘probably owns the joint. Want a popper?’ Justin nods. Pulling one out his pocked, Brian holds the vial under Justin’s nose, then under his own. Then shoves in back in his pants.

 

‘this is an interesting club. People are necking on that couch behind you’ Brian glances behind him. Sure enough there was a man reclining bare chested with two goth looking woman. One at his neck, the other at his nipples.

 

Someone tapped Justin on the shoulder and cleared her throat. ‘Excuse me, but could you come with me please. The owner has requested your company’

Justin pulls away from Brian’s embrace and faces her. ‘Please. He doesn’t like to wait’

They both start to follow, and she puts up a hand. ‘No. Just you’  She pointedly looks at Justin

‘I’m not going anywhere without my husband. He takes us both, or I’m not coming’ She gets a worried look on her face ‘Oh balls, he’s gonna be mad’ Brian wraps a possessive arm around  Justin’s waist. ‘Sunshine’ he looks at the tense woman. ‘He stays with me, or neither of us go’ ‘Fiiiiiine. Follow me’ 

She walks off towards a door at the side of the stage. It was then Justin noticed the ‘throne’ was now empty.

She knocks on the door and pushes it open, steps aside and gestures for them to enter.

Behind a desk sat the man they had seen on the stage earlier. And standing at his right shoulder was the blonde woman they’d encountered at the front of the club.

The man gave a simple gesture with his hand. ‘Please, sit’

Justin and Brian did so, but held hands.  The man raised an eyebrow. ‘Your names?’

‘Uh, I’m Justin, this is Brian. My husband’ “Pam, tell Ginger if she can’t follow orders she’s gone’

Brian cleared his throat, ‘If Ginger was that woman who you sent for us, she did nothing wrong. I insisted on being here. Nobody…’ ‘shut up’ The man spoke to Pam in a foreign language, and she exits.

‘I’m Eric. I own this club. You’re not from around here. Are you’ ‘No. Justin and I are on break. We decided to…’ ‘it doesn’t matter. I called  because you have something I need’ ‘Brian could feel irritation creeping in. ‘I don’t think so’ Eric stared at Brian intently. Justin looking from one to the other. Brian’s hand in his felt suddenly loose and floppy.

‘You have what I need Brian. And you are willing to give it to me. Aren’t you’ ‘Yes. I am’ ‘Brian!’ Brian ignores Justin. Just continued to stare at this blonde man in front of them.

Eric moves his attention to Justin. ‘You can join us if you wish’ ‘Uh, Who are you?’ ‘I told you’ ‘Eric, yeah’ Eric stands and walks round to stand behind Brian’s chair, and swings it round so Brian faces Justin. Justin watching him suspiciously. Brian’s eyes were glazed over and he seemed to be looking at nothing.

Eric began to caress the side of Brian’s neck, making him tilt his head slightly. ‘I can make this enjoyable for both of you’ Justin sighed. ‘Honestly, we were going to try approach you later. You’re gay?’ ‘Eric grinned. ‘Not exactly’ ‘Bisexual?’ ‘in a manner of speaking’ Eric lifted his upper lip and revealed fangs that dropped in a blink. Justin’s heart skipped a couple beats

‘Holy fuck!’ his cock twitched, much to his amazement. ‘Are those real?’

Eric lunged at Brian’s neck

A week later…

Justin lay on the double bed streaking Brian’s hair, as he started to come round. ‘Hey love. How you feeling’ ‘Did I drink too much again?’ ‘Uhm, not exactly’ ‘I feel light headed. What happened?’ ‘Brian…we’ve been uh…taken prisoner’ Brian’s eyes snapped open. They were in what looked like a small room, very plain. Quite sterile looking in fact, with only simple fluorescent lights, the bed, and nothing else. Justin raised his right arm to reveal a cuff round his wrist attached to a length of chain. Brian tried to touch, but found his left wrist was also chained.

‘There’s another thing you should know.’ Brian sat up, and surveyed the sparse room. ‘Hmm?’

‘That man we met? Eric?’ ‘Hmm’ ‘He’s a vampire’ Bran laughs ‘I’m serious Brian. He bit you. Fed on you. And now we’re in …here’ ‘He bit me?’ Justin looks away. Hurt at the memory ‘feel your neck’ Brian does and inhales as his fingers trail over the raised bumps. ‘Ok, well we can’t stay here sunshine, we have to get out’ ‘how? We’re chained to a bed…and not in a fun way’

‘ERIC!!!!!!!’ ‘What the fuck are you doing Brian?’ ‘Getting us out of here’ ‘By screaming at the…thing who put us here? Brian I’m scared. Last night he put you under some kind of …spell, then fed off you. Made me watch. And I couldn’t move out the chair! You’ve been unconscious for hours. I thought he killed you’  ‘I’m not dead’ ‘No. But keep hollering and we might be’ ‘what does he want with us?’ ‘He told me I was special’

They weren’t sure how much time had passed when the door to their prison opened again. Pam walked in. dressed head to toe in leather and stilettos. Wearing a black and purple corset over the top.

‘Evening’ she looks at Brian. ‘Eric will see you now’ Brian put’s his hand in Justin’s ‘Uh I’m not going anywhere. Not without him’ Pam looks at Justin, then back at Brian ‘You’ll see Eric alone…or he dies’

CHAPTER 2

‘Brian, you can’t leave me here!’ tears were beginning to leak from Justin’s eyes. Brian turns and takes Justin’s face in his hands, touches their foreheads ‘And I won’t. But I will NOT let you die either.’ He softly kisses Justin. ‘I’m coming back. I promise’

Pam moves forward to unlock the cuff on Brian’s wrist ‘Move it lover’ Brian looked over his shoulder as she ushered him out the door, and saw Justin deflate and curl in on himself.

 

Pam led him by his elbow down a corridor to another door. Pushed it open and shoved him in first. ‘Eric, here’s your lunch’ Eric stood with his back to Brian, thanked Pam and excused her. After she shut the door, he half turned to look at Brian. ‘Welcome’ ‘fuck you. Justin told me what you are’ ‘did he now’ ‘he told me what you want. Forget it.’ ‘My my, awfully protective aren’t we.’ ‘We’re MARRIED!’ ‘Hmm. You get to my age there’s no such thing as monogamy. No new moves. Just new partners’ ‘How old are you?’ ‘Almost 1000’ ‘And when you were turned?’ ‘29’ ‘Hmm, well you look good’ ‘ I know’ Brian released a breath he didn’t know he’d’ held  ‘Let us go’ Eric starts to move towards Brian. Brian’s whole body instantly stiffening into fight mode.

‘Look at me. Look in my eyes’ Brian tried not to, but he couldn’t look away. He began to feel confused. ‘You’re going to forget about any of our conversation here. and you’re going to let me bite you now’ ‘Yes’ Brian answered slowly ‘That sounds good’ Eric circled a couple times before stopping in front of Brian. ‘Remove your shirt’

Brian in a daze unbuttons his shirt and slides it off his shoulders, and lets it drop to the floor. ‘You keep in shape’ ‘I work out’ ‘I can tell’ Eric moves to stand behind Brian and puts one hand on his shoulder, and the other on his head. Tilting his head to the left, he lifted his lip and dropped his fangs. Took an un needed breath and bit

Brian winced at the sharp pain. But then the sensation gave way to one of pleasure, and his body relaxed.

Eric removed his hands from Brian’s head and shoulder, and wrapped his arms around the shorter man’s torso. Taking his weight in his arms.  He didn’t take much blood this time. Just enough to make him weak, but not enough to risk life.

By then Brian wasn’t standing on his own.

 

Justin was cuddled in a ball on his side. What was taking so long? The oppressive silence was deafening. He was hungry, thirsty and cold. And really needed to pee.

Just then the door opened and a man dressed in black walked in supporting a semi conscious Brian.

He was guided to the bed, laid down and his wrist chained again.  Justin watched the man leave before rolling over and touching Brian’s face, his neck, where he saw two fresh red raised bumps. ‘Brian?’ no response. Justin rested his head on Brian’s chest and cried

 

Justin had fallen asleep, but woke when he felt Brian’s hand fingering through his hair. He tilted his head to look at sad brown eyes. ‘I’m sorry sunshine. I really am. But I couldn’t let them hurt you’ ‘I don’t want them hurting *you*’ ‘It’s not all that horrible really. It stings, but then, kinda feels like I’m in …well Bablyon. I’m happy’ ‘You think this is funny?’ ‘No’ “Brian…’ Justin sits up and looks down at Brian ‘We are being held against our will here! We’re in serious shit right now and we need to get out’

‘I know. I’ll tell him, thanks, but we’re not interested’ ‘You said that the last time’ He turns his back on Brian.  ‘I did?’ Brian pushes himself up.

 

 

Pam was pacing the office while Eric reclined in his chair. ‘Have you completely lost you fucking mind?! Those humans aren’t even from around here!. They’re out of towners’ ‘Pam, calm down. I told you why I was interested in them’ ‘You want *children* Jag är ditt barn!!! Ditt blod’ (I am your child, your blood) ‘You are my child, yes. My daughter,  Jag behöver en son’ ( I need a son) ‘Jag hoppas att du inte förväntar mig att jag gillar den här planen’ (i hope you dont expect me to like this plan)

‘You don’t have to. It’s not your decision’ ‘it never is. Are you going to turn him, or just play with your new toy?’ ‘Jag kommer att vända honom’ (I will turn him) Pam huffed. ‘Besides. You’re a maker now. You have a vamp child of your own’ ‘Tara? Sookie MADE me turn her!’ ‘I also released you, Pam. Our blood no longer ties us. A request made by yourself if I recall’

‘Knulla!’ ‘I need a child to continue my line. Justin matters not to me. Brian on the other hand, has everything I need’ ‘and what would that be?’ ‘Arrogance, confidence, passion’ ‘And?’ ‘There are just some things that men are better at’ ’Excuse me?’ Umgänge ‘ Pam laughed, which turned into hysterical laughter. She exits the office. ‘Fuck you Eric!’ ‘ I did!’ he called after her.

 

 

The door to Brian and Justin’s *cell* opened, both were asleep facing each other as best they could. Eric stood in the doorway studying them. They were beautiful together. Silently moving over to Justin’s side of the bed first, he squatted. The blonde’s eyelids were twitching, he was breathing deeply. Gently he rotated Justin’s wrist, which woke him up. Blue eyes stared into his, then went wide with fright. But before he said anything, Eric put a finger on his lips, silencing him. He produced a key, and unlocked the cuff, removing it, and placing it on the floor. He took Justin’s wrist in his hands and began to gently rub at the sore area over his wrist bone.  

Leaning in he whispered ‘Do not fear me. I won’t hurt you’, standing he offered his hand to help him to his feet. Then raised his palm, he indicated to stay where he was. Moving to Brian’s side he repeated his actions. Brian never took he eyes off Eric. He whispered in Brains ear. Came over Whispered in Justin’s ear and stood back.

 

Brian walked over to Justin with a look so intense it made the hairs on your arms rise. He pushed on Justin’s shoulders till he was pinned on the wall

He put one hand around Justin’s throat, and claimed his lips hard enough to bruise

He walked backwards, pulling Justin with him, till Eric had enough space to move in behind him. Again Eric whispered a command to Brian, and he complied. He knelt down, and began to unbuckle Justin’s pants, then pushed them down past his knees, releasing his length.

Eric’s arms were now wrapped around Justin’s shoulder and chest, and he was inhailing the human’s scent. It was sweet. Like honey and coconut.

By now Brian had taken Justin into his mouth and was sliding his tongue skillfully around. Holding his boys hips to control his thrusts.

Eric was licking the thin skin at Justin’s throat. Tasting as well as smelling.

‘Brian, make him release’

Brian’s actions increased, and he began to suck and lick harder and faster.

Just as Justin began to shoot into brain’s mouth, Eric dropped his teeth and bit. His blood tasted like cherries. Thick and hot, it slid down his throat smoothly. He sucked greedily, until Justin’s body stopped shivering with release

Justin slumped in the vampire’s arms, too weak to stand. Together with Brian lifting Justin’s legs they carried him over to the bed and laid him down.

 

Eric growled at Brian. ‘Next time it’s you’ ‘what about Justin?’ ‘He will recover. Tend him. He will wake up’ with that Eric left the room, and the lock could be heard turning. Out of his trance, Brian looked at the unconscious blonde on the bed, scooped up his pants off the floor, and began to redress him.

 

Eric sat in his office, thinking about the blonde. He’s tasted better then he ever thought possible. He knew then that he had to have him. Turn him. And if it meant getting to him through Brian, then so be it.

He’d tasted Fae, and the blood of Lillith before. Both had been intoxicating. But the human boy …there was something…Life! Fire. The boy had a fire in his blood. It showed Eric a life that had been filled with love, with pain, with anger. This boy had been through so much already in his young life. He had also felt his love for Brian. It was deep. There had only ever been one other person he’d experienced this from. Godric. But now he was gone. If his heart beat, it would have stopped that day his maker met his true death.

 

Brian crawled onto the bed and lay by Justin’s side. Pulling Justin’s arm around his waist, putting his leg over his hip, holding him tight as he could in his arms, humming softly. He still had Justin’s taste in his mouth. Slightly salty and metallic.

Justin started to rouse, and on instinct nuzzled into the warm body beside him. He blinked his eyes a couple times then stared at Brian. Closed his eyes again. ‘I have a headache’ ‘Eric drank from you. It’ll take a while for your body to recover’ ‘And then what? He does it again till he kills me? Us?’ ‘I don’t think that’s what he wants’ ‘What do you mean?’ ‘remember he’s drunk from me a couple times? When he did, I got flashes in my head. His thoughts. You didn’t?’ ‘No’ Justin untangles himself from Brian and turns his back to him to spoon. ‘Justin, sunshine. Nothing is going to tear you away from me. You hear me? Not even some fucking 1000 year old walking dead man’

 

Brian didn’t know how many days had passed now. Didn’t even know what time it was. Was it day? night? There was no natural light that came in this room. Just the blue white lights that were never turned off. They hadn’t eaten in days, and now both were beginning to feel unwell from lack of food and water. Justin spent most of his time huddled in a ball in the corner with his head on his knees, and Brian alternated between floor and bed. They hadn’t really spoken much lately either. Sometimes they would hold each other on the bed.

Justin spoke without lifting his head ‘We’re gonna die here. And…nobody even know where we are’

Brian looked to his left from the bed to look at Justin. ‘We’re not gonna die’

Justin lifts his head. ‘Yes, we are. I can feel my body giving up. I’m hurting’

Brian looked at the roof again. ‘Don’t be a drama princes.  And I’m hurting too’

Justin pushed himself off the ground with some effort, and came over to curl into Brian’s side

‘When Eric comes back …’ ‘if he comes back’ ‘…when Eric comes back, we have to tell him we need food and water. He can’t deny us that’ Just as Justin finished speaking the door opened and Eric walked in.

Brian closed his eyes, trying to shut out the image of their captor. ‘Where the hell have you been?’

‘I’m sorry, I was called out of town on an urgent matter’

‘Yeah well, we’re dealing with a pretty urgent matter here ourselves, vampire. We need to eat and have water, or we’re going to die’

‘Has Ginger not brought in food?’

‘No!’

‘Well allow me to fix that. But for now, I’ve come to tell you, you are free to go’

Brian opens his eyes, ‘What?’

‘I said, you’re free to go. Just take it easy. If it’s as you said, and you haven’t eaten, you’ll be weak. It’s dangerous out there. There’s a bar not too far from here, called Merlotte’s Get yourself something to eat and drink, and return home’

Justin sits up. ‘You’re letting us go?’

‘Do I need to repeat myself?’

‘No…no you do not. Brian honey, we’re getting the hell outta here’

Moments later, Eric was showing them out the front door.

 

The night was cool, slight breeze rustled the trees. Both men took a deep breath, and clung to each other for support, Both were glad to be out in fresh air. Brian saw the cab they’d called. As they started to make their way towards it, there was a loud crack, and Justin turned in slow motion to see 2 biker looking men. One near Brian wielding a length of heavy chain, and one close to him that swung a length of wood at his head.

 

Brian felt a something wrap around his neck and tighten, he was flung to the ground, and as he fell, and landed on his shoulder, he could see Justin laying on the ground about 2 meters away. He couldn’t see if there was any blood. Clutching at the chain around his neck, he tried to loosen it’s grip. But at the same time, one of the men began to lay into his kidneys with his boots.

Justin was conscious, but barely. His vision blurry, he was going cold, and his head hurt like hell. He thought if he lay still, nothing else would happen. But a boot connected with his ribcage, and he heard more than felt it crack.

‘JUSTIN!!!’ he managed to croak out, but got no response

 

Inside the club, Eric heard the commotion going on outside, and straightened up from his hover over Ginger. In a flash move, he stood at the front door in a micro second, and rage took over.  Brian and Justin  were on the ground being beaten by red necks.  Quicker then the eye, he picked up both attackers and broke their necks.

First he unwrapped the chain from Brian’s neck, then pulled him over to Justin’s side. He felt for a pulse, and found one.

‘Justin? Sunshine? Can you hear me? Talk to me!’ ‘Brian?’ he then lost consciousness.

 

‘Brian I can help you both, but you need to trust me’ ‘Trust you?! Ahhh!!’ he winced at the bolt of pain in his back. Eric looked towards the club door with the gathering crowd. ‘PAMELA!!”

In a blink the tall blond was by his side. ‘What?’ ‘Take the kid, we need him inside. Now’

Pam sighed, but complied, and lifted Justin in her arms as gently as she could.  Eric, helped Brian up and helped him walk inside.

Once they were in Eric’s room, Eric cleared everything off his desk for Pam to lay Justin on.  Brian was guided to a 3 seater couch to lay on.

Eric turned to face Brian. I can heal you both, but Justin needs help first’

Brian doesn’t know how to respond, so makes a simple hand movement to say,  go ahead.

 

Eric raises his forearm to his mouth, drops his teeth, and bites his wrist.

‘WoaH! Hold on, what are you going?!’ Brian tries to stand, but gets a bolt of pain. ‘Ahhh!!!’

‘It won’t make him vampire, it’ll just heal him. You don’t have time for a Doctor. If I don’t he may die’ 

Brian hesitated. ‘Brian’ came a weak voice from Justin. ‘Fine. Do it’

Eric held his arm over Justin’s mouth, letting the blood trickle onto his lips and tongue. Brian looked away. He couldn’t watch.

 

After a few minutes, Brian felt a warm hand in his, and he turned his head to see Justin kneeling in front of him. He was glowing, looked happy and healthy. ‘Brian, baby. I’m ok. See? It worked.  Now it’s your turn’ Brian looked at Eric, who stood patiently waiting. ‘Please, let him heal you’ Brian looks back at Justin. ‘He’s held us prisoner for days and starved us sunshine. Now he wants to forget all that?’ ‘I never intended to starve you. Ginger takes full responsibility’ ‘Good for her’ ‘Brian, please. We can do this then go home. The other’s will be worried sick by now’ Brian closes his eyes, sighs, and leans his head back on the arm rest of the couch. Justin stands and moves out the way, and silently nods to Eric.

 

Eric moves forward, crouches, and removes his left hand from his still weeping wrist. ‘Here. It won’t take much’ Brian glares at Eric, put’s his lips to the cold skin and sucks

He found he enjoyed the sensation more then he thought he would. It was unlike any other drugs he’d ever taken. He felt sparks on the tip of his tongue. Little electrical pulses. It made his heart beat faster, and he felt the pain and bruises melting away, and giving into pleasure. Brian looks past Eric at Justin, who had his hand on his crotch and was rubbing slightly.

 

Eric pulls his arm away, his skin melts back together and turns to Pam. ‘Leave us’ ‘Eric…’ ‘LEAVE!!’

 

Pam huffs and walks out. ‘Brian how do you feel?’ Brian keeps his eyes on Justin and his exploring hands. ‘Better’ Standing up, he closes the gap between them and pulls him into an embrace. He whispers ‘Did you feel what I did?’ Justin nods. ‘I was scared I was gonna loose you again’ ‘You’ll never loose me sunshine’ Brian’s hands were rubbing up and down Justin’s back. ‘Do you want to get out of here?’ Justin glances at Eric, who was now laying on the couch that Brian had occupied. But Justin noticed he’d unbuttoned his shirt to expose that porcelain chest and muscled stomach. Justin whispers to Brian. ‘ God he’s beautiful’ Brian glances over his shoulder at the reclining vampire. Eric wasn’t looking at them, he had his eyes shut, and head tilted back. His hands rested on his sternum. He could hear every whispered word, as though it were spoken out loud.

Justin’s hand went south and found it’s target. Began to gently squeeze and rub. Brian’s response was almost instant. He leant in and kissed Justin softly, tenderly.

 

Eric kept his eyes closed, but his nostrils flared. He could smell the pheromones both men were letting off, and it made him hard. His own hand moved south, but just rested there.

 

Justin broke the kiss and glanced at Eric. Brian followed his lead, and looked over his shoulder.

Eric’s shirt had slid off his shoulder slightly, showing more of the man.

 

‘Eric?’ The vampire’s eyes opened, and he only moved his head to look. ‘Brian and I need to thank you for helping us outside’ ‘I couldn’t have two dead humans in my bar now, could I?’

Brian let go of Justin, and moves around behind him. Pulling him into a bear hug. He shuffles them forward till they’re about 3 foot from Eric.

He sits up, until his head is about Justin’s chest height, and tilts his head. ‘ It’s been a long time since I’ve done this’ ‘Men?’ ‘Remove his shirt’ Brian begins to unbutton Justin’s top. ‘Slowly’ ‘You want a show?’ Eric nods once.

Slowly Brian continues, one button, then the next, then the next, till Justin’s chest is exposed. Her pulls the shirt off his shoulders and off his arms, discarding it at the side. ‘Justin, now Brian’ Justin repeats the request until both are standing shirtless facing one another.

Eric stands and comes round behind Brian, exploring the skin on his back with his fingertips. So warm. Both hands went down to Brian’s hips, just on the bare skin above his pants. ‘I told you it was your turn’

Justin began to unbuckle Brian’s pants and pushed them down. He could feel the wetness already on his hand when he took Brian’s length in his fingers.

Brian tilted his head back, giving in to the sensations taking over his body. Justin continued to tease with his hand, pulling in circular motions, then moving to and cupping brains balls. Earning him a moan. Justin was also nuzzling into Brian’s neck, nibbled a bit at his ear.

Eric was sniffing at Brian’s neck. Just inhaling that old Whiskey scent that permeated is skin. With blunt teeth, he pulled at the skin slightly, but drew no blood. He could feel Brian shudder at the sensation. He could so easily take him, but he needed to wait. Needed Brian to say it.

Justin moved to his knees, tracing kisses down Brian’s chest as he went, hans were going round to his ass, and gripped as he took Brian in. Hot and wet.

Genuine need was starting to set in for man and vampire alike, and Justin started to set a rhythm, while Eric sucked harder. Still not using his teeth.

But Eric’s teeth dropped unexpectedly, not piercing skin, but just grazed, and a bead of blood welled up side of Brian’s throat

Brian gasped, and twisted his head round as much as he could, and captured Eric’s mouth in a heat of the moment kiss.

It was that, that send him over the edge and Justin eagerly lapped up the saltiness in his mouth.

Eric managed to pull his teeth back in before anyone saw them.

Brian was panting but was standing on his own.

Eric pulled away and turned his back on them both, walking over to sit at his desk. ‘You can stay till sunrise. It’ll be safer to leave then’

 

Justin helped Brian pull his pants back up, and embraced him. Just a comforting reflex. Brian smoothing Justin’s hair. There was dry blood in it, and streaked sown his face. Something they would need to wash out in a shower.

 

Brian had never been more grateful to see the sun rise. They were now on the freeway and headed towards the airport. They’d been allowed to shower at the club before heading out, and since then had barely not been touching each other for reassurance. Now they just sat in the cab and held onto each other. Brian had made a call, once he got his cell back. Had called Ted, since he thought he would have been the calmest of the lot. And he could relay what had happened to the others.

He’d left out the part about their encounter with Eric. And had simply said they’d been held captive by homophobes, who’d laid into them a bit, but they had escaped.

 

 

Some hours later they were back in Pittsbourough, And were pulling up to the gates of their country home. The security code was punched into the pad, and the gates swung open. Their car had been parked at the valet next the airport. And after some explaining, the owner decided not to charge them an over stay fee

 

CHAPTER 3

 

Justin was startled awake by his phone ringing. Half asleep he fumbled on the side table and found it. Sleepy he answered. ‘Hello?’ he looked to see if he’d woke Brian. He seemed to still be deep sleeping

‘Justin?’ a slightly anxious female voice was on the other end ‘Ya, who is this?’ ‘It’s Daphne’ Justin looked at the clock radio. 6am. ‘Oh my god! You’re back! Ted told me’ ‘Daph it’s 6am we were asleep’ ‘Sorry Justin. Really I am. I just needed to know you were ok. I, Ted told me what happened’ ‘Daph, I’ll fill you in later, but now we just need to sleep’ ‘You’re right. I’m sorry. Shouldn’t have rang. Just wanted to know you were ok’ ‘I’ll talk to you later. Bye’ He hits end on his phone and puts it down.

He rolled back round to see Brian looking at him. ‘Sorry. Go back to sleep’ They slept for another couple hours.

 

Brian was the first to wake this time. Laying on his back with Justin half draped across his chest. He was like a hot water bottle he thought idly. He could hear a drumming in his ears, then realized he was hearing his heartbeat. He could smell him too. Kind of woody and musky at the same time.

His eyes fell on the twin scars on Justin’s neck, healing. Brian lifted his hand to trace over the bumps, and this caused a movement in Justin, but he didn’t wake. Justin’s hips moved and pressed into Brian’s side, and his arm tightened over his chest. He mumbled something inaudible.

‘You awake Sunshine?’

‘Mm Eric’

Brian’s heart went cold. The memories flooded back of their time in that place all at once. He sat up suddenly, shoving Justin off, who was then woken up abruptly, and got out of bed. Headed to the bathroom and started the shower. Turning on the water as hot as he could handle.

He wanted to scrub off the memory of that place

Justin wondered into the bathroom naked, and stood a moment looking at Brian . ‘Can I join you?’

‘Whatever’ Justin stepped in, gasping at the heat. ‘I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to say that’ ‘I know. It just hit a nerve.’  Brian guided Justin till he was behind the blond and was sliding into that warmth he loved so much. Wanted to reclaim what was his. ‘You feel that? Feel me deep inside’ ‘yes…’ ‘I’m gonna cum inside that tight ass. You’re mine’ ‘always’

 

They must have spent 15 minutes the shower, only deciding to finish when the water started to run cold.

‘Brian?’ ‘Mm?’ ‘Did you dream about him too?’ Brian sat at the table cradling his black coffee as Justin poured his own.

‘Justin..’ ‘Cause it’s ok if you did’ ‘Little bit’ he hated to admit it. But Eric had appeared to him in his dream ‘He could have killed us. But he didn’t. He actually saved our lives’ ‘what are you suggesting Justin’ ‘that we owe him thanks. That we …go back, or get him here somehow’ Justin sits next to Brian at the table. ‘He did redeem himself’ ‘You don’t even know how to contact him’ ‘Phone Brian’ ‘You really want to see him again?’ ‘Don’t you?’ ‘Little bit’ Brian couldn’t help himself. He grinned into his coffee.

 

Justin spent most of the morning trying to find the number for fangtasia, but wasn’t having any luck. He found the number for Merlottes, and had spoken to a Sam. But he hadn’t been much help. Suggested maybe speaking to a woman called Sookie. She’d probably be able to connect him with Eric. So he looked up the number, since Sam wasn’t giving it, for Sookie Stackhouse in Louisiana, and found one listing.

She picked up on the fourth ring.

 

‘Hello?’

‘Is that Sookie Stackhouse?

‘Speaking. Who’s this?’

‘My name is Justin Taylor, and I was told to ring you by a Sam that works at Merlottes. He said you might be able to help me locate someone my partner and I are looking for’

‘Oh. Well I can try. Who’re ya’ll looking for?’

‘His name is Eric Northman? He heard her swear under her breath and mumble – course you are.

‘Yes I know Eric. I don’t think he has a direct contact, but I know how to find him. I could take your details and get him to call you?’

‘Thank you, that’d be great’

They exchanged details, and he hung up. He curled up on the couch next to Brian, who in return wrapped his arm round his shoulders.

‘She’s gonna get him to contact us’ ‘don’t hold your breath sunshine. He may never call’

‘What if he does? What do we say?’ ‘we’ll figure that out if he does’

 

A week passed, then two, and neither had heard anything. They were almost beginning to not even care. When they sat one evening, outside in the cool night. Both with beers, and smokes, just enjoying the stars.

A blur of movement crossed in front of them, and there stood Eric. Justin just about dropped his drink in shock, and Brian swore

‘I heard you were looking for me’

 

***

 

‘How the hell’d you find us?’

‘we’ve exchanged blood. I’ll always know where you are’

Justin looks at Brian. Carefully gaging his reaction. Brian had become extra protective of him since their ordeal in Louisiana. Even if he had agreed to this, Justin still wasn’t sure how he’d react. He was ready for the worst.

Justin stands and takes a few tentative steps forward. But Brian was tense ‘Eric, we wanted to finish what was started in Bon Temps. To thank you for protecting us’ Brian stands and bear hugs Justin, pulling him back slightly.

‘You don’t owe me anything’

‘Maybe not, but you did come all this way.’ Justin looks back over his shoulder at Brian, raises his eyes in question, gets a nod of affirmation, and looks back at Eric.

‘You can have us, but on two conditions’

‘Two?’

‘You don’t bite either of us, and Brian won’t bottom. Agreed?’

Eric just looks at them both through half lidded eyes and slightly nods his head.

Justin tries to move forward, but Brian is reluctant to let him go. So he turns his head again to meet him in a kiss. ‘I LOVE YOU Brian. You are and have always been the most important thing in my life’

Brian loosens his grip, and allows Justin to move forward

Justin had to admit, he was a little scared, his heart rate increased and he was sure Eric could hear it

 

Justin reached for Eric’s belt, and the vampire halted him with a hand around his wrist for a few seconds, looked at Brian, extended an arm in invitation, and together they sandwiched Justin between them.

Eric let go of Justin’s wrist, and let his hand drop to his side. Justin unbuckled the vampire’s belt. Pulling it out from the loops in on slow motion. Next he moved to the button and the zip, working those just as slowly. Trembling fingers weren’t helping. And pushed at the jeans.

 

Eric’s skin was cool to the touch, but not cold and as he pushed the pants down over his thighs and calves, he noticed just how well endowed he was. Even soft.

He then helped Eric off with his t-shirt, and he could feel Brian behind him doing the same thing.

Brian whispered loudly, ‘We need to get you naked sunshine’

Justin’s cock jumped at that, and a chill ran through his entire body. Brian’s hands were now unbuttoning Justin’s shirt, while Eric worked at his pants.

Both taller men pressed in tighter once they had him undressed, and the contrasting warmth on his back and the coolness along his front, gave him feelings he’d never experienced before

 

Justin’s hand found both men, and began to massage them both. And Brian closed the gap and kissed Eric over Justin’s shoulder. It wasn’t a passionate kiss, just light touches. Like when you kiss someone for the first time. Tentative and soft.

Brian pushed down on Justin’s shoulder indicating what he wanted, and the blond complied. He squatted between the two men, held Eric in his right hand, and took Brian in his mouth. That earned him a moan of pleasure from Brian. One he knew Eric felt as they kissed above him. Justin used his left hand to rest on Brian’s ass.

Justin shifted his attention to Eric now, and began to pull him in deep. He really had to relax his throat to be able to take him all in, but he still managed without the gag reflex kicking in.

He felt hands come under his arms and pull him up again, and Brian began to drag Justin towards the house, causing him to stumble a bit at first, but he quickly gained his feet.

Brian and Justin were inside and hands were going everywhere, when they realized Eric was standing outside the door.

‘I need an invitation to enter your home’

Brian chuckled. Into Justin’s mouth.

‘Get in here’ ‘We invite you in, Eric’

The vampire strode over in 4 steps, and his hands rested on Justin’s hips. Leaning in, he nuzzled his neck and nibbled a bit with blunt teeth. Justin’s body stiffening at the sensation.

‘No fangs’ Brian growled a warning

‘Say he’s yours’

‘What?”

‘Say he’s yours. It’s vampire law. Or he’s fair gain to any of my kind. They’ll smell my blood in your veins a mile off. You want to protect him, both say it’

Brian grabs justin’s cock and squeezes, ‘Justin is MINE’

‘Ow!’ he winces at Brian’s vice grip, but returns the gesture ‘Brian is mine’

Brian pushed Justin over to the bed and had him lay on his stomach, moved Eric in behind him, and he moved up to kneel at Justin’s head.

After a bit of fingering to prepare, Eric slid slowly into Justin Earning him a shout as he was stretched open. But then the pain, quickly melted as Eric paused to let him adjust.

Brian positioned himself for Justin to rest on his elbows, and the blond eagerly dove onto Brian. Tasting his saltiness already.

Eric began a slow rhythm at first. He was aware this human was more than capable of handling it rough, but he thought, start slow, let his muscles relax, then he’d pick up the pace.

He watched as the blond head bobbed up and down, saw Brian was enjoying every second, and he was moaning so beautifully. His eyes closed.

Eric began to move a little quicker. Grasping Justin’s hips for leverage. As he pushed forward, he pulled Justin back, and now the blond was starting to moan. The sound vibrated around Brian’s cock

Justin was doing things with his tongue Brian didn’t think he’d done before, but it felt damn good, and his hands grasped Justin’s hair. He was so close already, but was trying hard not to give in just yet.

Eric was really picking up now, and was slamming in as hard as he dared. Justin was clenching hius muscles around him. Pulling him inside deeper.

Justin released Brian’s cock for a moment, but he couldn’t speak. Just looked up into bran’s eyes and painted. Pleading. He grasped Brian in his hand, and pumped up and down as fast as he could

Brian looked at Eric. ‘Now!’

Eric needed no further encouragement, he completely relaxed and emptied a hot jet of cum inside Justin. And Brian quickly followed suit as did Justin.

 

The 3 men lay in a sprawl across the bed sweaty, sticky and satisfied. Brian and Justin breathing heavily. Eric not breathing at all.

‘The sun will be up soon, I need refuge that’s light tight. I can be gone by night fall tonight’

Brian was playing with Justin’s fingers.

‘There’s an old wine cellar under the house. We don’t use it, but there’s a mattress down there’

‘Thank you. Best not to disturb me during the day. I need to sleep, or I’ll get the bleeds’

‘The bleeds?’

‘My ears, eyes and nose will bleed, and aggressive behavior takes over’

 

Brian left for work a couple hours later, and Justin wondered out to the studio for the day for some painting. He had an idea for a new piece. He was going to try and catch the ethereal beauty and age of this man they now had sleeping in their house. He wouldn’t see Brian for another 8 hours

 

***

 

Justin couldn’t help himself, curiosity got the better of him, and he needed a break from the painting. His back was aching, it was late afternoon. Brian would be home from work. In about 15 minutes

He wondered into the house and downstairs. Stood staring at the door for what seemed like 30 minutes Finally he pushed  at the cellar door, trying to open it without making a noise.

The room was in complete darkness, save for a kerosene lamp that was dimly glowing in a corner, casting a halo of golden light.

Then Justin spotted him. Laying on the floor mattress.

He was on his back. Hands folded over his stomach. -He looks dead- Justin thought. He lay perfectly still, wasn’t even breathing

He edged forward inch by inch till he was about a half a metre away and crouched.

 

Outside Brian was pulling up to the gate, leaning out the window, he punched in the security code, and the gates swung open. He’d had a great day at work. He’d just secured a major contract with a sports label, and couldn’t wait to tell Justin all about it.

 

Justin tried to slow his heart rate down, which was beginning to beat a mile a minute. He studied the sleeping mans face. No indication of life what so ever. He was literally the sleeping dead.

 

Brian hopped out the car, smiling.

 

Justin reached out a hand. He wanted to touch the porcelain skin.

 

Brian put the key in the front door, and pushed it open. Put his briefcase down on the floor and closed the door.

 

Just at the moment Brian called out, Justin’s hand touched Eric’s cheek. The vampire’s eyes snapped open and his hand wrapped around Justin’s throat. He had him on his back in seconds, and his teeth sunk in.

When he could catch breath, he screamed.

 

CHAPTER 4

 

Justin tried in vain to push the vampire off him, but he was too strong. Pinning him to the ground.

Justin’s struggles started to become weaker, and his body started to go cold.

Then just as Justin’s hand flopped to the ground, Brian burst in.

Eric’s head jerked up, blood dripping off his chin, then he reeled back on his heels, realizing what he’d just done.  He stood and stepped back, giving Brian space to rush over and pull the limp man into his lap.

‘Sunshine?! No! Please baby stay with me! Don’t you dare leave me…’ Tears start to well in his eyes.

Justin opens his eyes weakly ‘Brian? Not…his…fault….Mine’

Brian glares at Eric, who could only look back. ‘The fuck happened?! Fix it! I can’t loose him!’

‘I took too much blood. There’s no time for a hospital’

‘If we go now…’

‘You won’t make it’

‘if we stay?’

Eric hesitated a moment. ‘I can save him. But…’

‘WHAT?!’

‘It means turning him. If I don’t he dies. Stays dead. He’s got minutes. You need to decide’

Brian was on the verge of hyperventilating. He bends down, kisses Justin’s cold lips, and whispers through tears.

‘I’m sorry sunshine. I love you. I love you’ Brian’s breath hitches ‘I always will’

He takes and holds Justin’s hand, and nods at Eric.

The vampire tears into his wrist, comes over, and holds the dripping blood over the blonde’s mouth. Over lips that were already turning blue.

‘I must go to ground with him’

Brian cradled Justin’s dead body in his arms. Tears were flowing freely now

‘What?’

‘When the sun sets, you must bury me with him. And leave us until night fall tomorrow. Only then will we know if my blood has turned him. Brian. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean for this. But I did warn the both of you not to disturb my sleep. He took me by surprise. I reacted how any other vampire would’

‘Justin’s dead. I wish we’d never come to Louisiana. He’d still be alive’

‘You can’t know that Brian. Even if you hadn’t met me, there are any number of circumstances…’

‘shut up’ he said quietly. ‘Leave me alone with him….until I’ He couldn’t finish the sentence.

‘I can’t. It’s still light out. Take him up to your bedroom. Lay him down there. I’ll join you outside when I can’

Brian nods. Slowly he stands, then cradles Justin’s lifeless body in his arms. Heads upstairs to the bedroom. Gently he lays him down on top of the blankets, and lays down on the bed beside him. Kissed his lips then cries.

It was still 3 hours till sundown. And Brian didn’t move an inch for a second.

By the time the sun did start to dip over the horizon, Justin’s skin was ice cold, and colour had started to drain from his face.

 

***

 

There was a quiet knock at the door, and Brian moved his head slightly to see Eric standing there.

Brian pushed his face back into Justin’s neck, and continued to cling onto him.

‘It’s time Brian, I’m sorry. If we don’t he won’t …be reborn’

‘There’s a shovel in the shed out back. Start digging. I’ll bring him out in five minutes’

Eric turns and speed walks out

 

Five minutes later, Brian did carry Justin out to the garden, where Eric was patiently waiting by a freshly dug ditch. Mountain of dirt beside it   

 

Together, they carefully arranged Justin’s body in the ditch. Brian trying to make him look comfortable without crying again.

Eric stepped into the ditch then and lay down beside him.

‘You need to cover us completely’

Brian scooped up the first shovel full of dirt, hesitated a moment while he looked at Justin, then spent the next several minutes dumping shovel after shovel of dirt over both of them, till he couldn’t see either body anymore.

 

How was he going to sleep tonight, go to work tomorrow, knowing that he’d just buried the only man he’d ever loved, with the thing that killed him.

In all the time they’d been married, they’d never slept a night apart. And hardly a night before they’d wed.  He never did go to bed. Just sat on the deck chair, smoking and drinking. Staring at the fresh mound of dirt in the garden, trying to numb the pain.

In the morning he called Daphne, and said he would not be coming into work today. He had some private things he needed to attend to at home, and he was not to be disturbed.

She was a little curious, but new better then to push. And there was something in his voice she’d only ever heard one other time.

 

Brian decided to spend the day in Justin’s studio. He just wanted to be surrounded by the smells that often permeated Justin’s skin.  Paint and turpentine, dust.

 

Canvases were standing against walls, on walls, on the couch, flat on the floor. Everywhere he looked, colour jumped out at him. His eyes fell on one painting that was on the easel. One he’d obviously been working on recently. It wasn’t like the others that were full of colour and patterns. This one was in sepia tones. Took him a moment to realize who it was he’d been painting. Eric.

He wanted to scream. Wanted to destroy the canvas. Burn it. Wanted to smash and destroy everything in this room. But what if it did work? What if Justin came back? Destroying part of his life, his career, would destroy him.

So instead he moved the paintings that were resting on the couch, and lay down and closed his eyes. Inhaling deeply, he dozed of to the chemical aroma of Justin

 

When he woke again, the light was dimming in the room. He must have slept longer then he’d realized. Sitting up he rubbed his forehead. He had a headache, and needed Advil.

Wondering into the house, he found the drugs in the kitchen cabinet and poured himself a glass of jack

Downed them in one go.

Checked his phone. Five calls he’d missed from work. He didn’t care right now. He just put his phone back down when it beeped with a text. Checking who it was from, he sighed.. He responded to Daphne in few words. Telling her as politely as he could  to buzz off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sitting back out on the deck with his bottle of Jack in his hand, he waited, and watched as the full moon…how ironic, climbed into the night sky. Huge and bright,  it cast a light all on it’s own over the garden.

 

It was an hour before he noticed the ground over the shallow grave begin to shift and give away.

A hand shot up through the dirt, then another, then a dirty head. Eric’s

Brian didn’t budge, didn’t even twitch. He felt too empty at this point. He just watched the vampire crawl out onto the ground and brush the dirt off himself. He noticed Brian sitting in the chair, then looked back down into the ground. Crossing his arms.

‘Come over Brian. He’s awake. Dazed but awake’

Brian shot up and walked quickly over to the edge of the grave, peered in, and there laying on his back, looking tired and dirty lay Justin. His skin was pale, but flawless, his eyes had turned grey/blue, and the bite marks on his neck were gone.

Suddenly, in a speed move that had them both on the ground, he was up and out of the grave launching himself at Brian’s Throat with a growl. But before he managed to bite, Eric had his hand around the back of Justin’s neck and yanked him off. Held the hysterical baby vampire at arms length  and growled, baring his teeth In the blonds direction.

“As your maker I order you. Calm down!’

Almost instantly the struggling man stopped his struggles, and relaxed. But Eric didn’t release him just yet.

Brian looked in Justin’s eyes. He looked wild, untamed.. Looked like he still wanted to launch himself at Brian.

‘Justin. Brian is your lover. I am your maker. You will NOT attack him or me. Am I clear?’

No answer. Eric shakes Justin

‘Understood?’

‘Yes! Fuck. Let me go!’ he tries to shake Eric off, who after a moment more, releases his grip.

‘Justin? Sunshine’ Brian had stood back up, and took a step towards Justin but stopped when the blond gave him a cold stare.

Justin looks at Eric, and takes off at speed.

‘Wh…Justin!!!’

‘I’ll get him back’ Eric takes off after the new vampire. Disappearing faster then Brian could blink

 

***

 

Eric found Justin standing at the edge of a clearing at the end of the property. Staring up at the sky. He knew what he was seeing. A billion stars blanketing the sky. Stars the human eyes could never see. He knew what he could hear. The ground beneath their feet moving. And he knew he’d be smelling a dozen different smells all at once. It was an assault on the senses. One new vampire’s were rarely prepared for when they first woke up.

‘Did you think it’d be like this?’

‘Like what’

‘Everything. So many things happening around you, and the human only gets to experience a quarter of it before they die. I know what you’re seeing, because I’ve been seeing it for 1000 years’

 

 

‘I don’t think he’ll ever forgive me’

‘For what?’

‘This! I’m a monster’

‘Justin, you’re a vampire. ’

‘Freak’

‘Stop it. You have a man back at home who loves you. Who can’t bare to be without you. While you slept, I could hear him. Go. Be with him. He needs you. But first, we must get you fed. Come’

‘Fed?’

‘You need blood’

‘Oh my god’ Justin crouches an buries his head in his hands

‘I’ll find you a nice young twink, how’s that?’

‘I don’t want to kill anyone’

‘You don’t have to. I can show you how’ he offers his hand to Justin, and helps him stand.

 

After some hunting, they finally spot a young brunette sitting alone on a park bench

‘How you choose to ‘hunt’ is up to you. You can either ambush them, take them by surprise, or you can charm your way in. all comes down to how much you trust your abilities and your instincts’

‘How would I know when to stop though?’

‘Listen to the heartbeat. When it starts to slow, then you stop. It won’t kill them, it’ll just weaken them for a couple days. Unless your intention is to kill, then you just drink till the heart stops’

‘If I don’t drink, will I die?’

‘No. But you will get weak. Become more vulnerable’

‘Anything else I need to know?’

‘Avoid silver, sunlight, and UV’

 

Eric showed Justin how to feed, and they didn’t kill the young man, but let him rest on the park bench

 

‘Now Justin. You need to go back to Brian.’

Justin opened his mouth to protest, but Eric cut him off

‘You’ll be fine. I can sense you. Anywhere you are. And I will be here for you, but Brian needs you more. Now go. And be in a light tight room before dawn’

Justin sighs, then speeds back off to the house and a waiting Brian

 

Justin returned home to find Brian standing in front of the fire hearth. The same place they’d stood when Brian first told him that this place was theirs. He had his back to Justin, and his hands hanging by his side. Smoke between his fingers.

He could hear Brian’s heartbeat as loudly as a drum beat. Not fast or slow, just rhythmic. He could have danced to it.

‘Brian?’

Brian turns slowly to face him. He’s clearly been crying.

‘Brian baby?’

Justin walks forward slides his arms around Brian’s waist, but Brian just stands still, arms still at his sides. Until after long minutes, he slowly wraps one arm around Justin’s back, and one in his hair listening to Justin repeat over and over

‘I’m so sorry’….

 

 

 

 

They’d moved to the couch. It was only then that Brian really looked Justin in the face, and realized he too had been crying. Only now, his tears were stained red with blood.

They clung to each other for a long time, until Justin shifted and stood.

‘Um…I have to go’

‘Go where Justin’ Brian clung to Justin like a leech

‘The sun will be coming in a few minutes. I uh…I need to go to the cellar. It’s the only place I’ll be safe till tonight.’

‘Well, I’ll come down…’

‘No’

‘No?’

‘I don’t want you hurt because of me. I have no idea yet what I’m capable of, what self-control I have. And you have to work. Tonight when it gets dark, I’ll move my art supplies down there, and I will still have something to do during the day’

‘You sure?’

‘We can make this work. But some life adjustments have to be made. Eric…’

Brian scoffs. ‘Eric!’

‘Eric, told me it’ll be like learning to walk again. And he’ll help me learn. But he’ll keep his distance when he needs too.’

That struck a nerve in Brian and he stood frustrated.

‘And why didn’t you? He told you to stay the hell away from him!’

‘So now this is my fault?’

‘Kinda!’

‘Fine. You know what? I’ll be in the cellar! And do me a favor. Stay out! I don’t want to kill you’

Justin speed walks away, leaving a confused Brian standing alone.

 

Justin sat cross legged on the mattress, lost in thought. Mostly about while he’d been cuddling Brian, he could see the veins in his neck. He didn’t want to admit to the fact it made his mouth water. Or the fact that he’d been able to hear his heart beat, louder then a train.

How did vampires deal with this onslaught of noises? It was deafening. Or the smells. It hurt his head. He covered his ears in a useless attempt to block some of it out, and flopped onto his back

 

Brian was glad to go to work. He needed a distraction. Needed not to think about the fact he was now effectively married to a walking dead man. Justin had been right though with what he’d said. It would be an adjustment. Walking in the lobby, Daphne was already typing away at the computer. But she saw him and smiled. He didn’t smile back

She sighed. It was obviously one of those days.

 

Minutes later she heard him shout from his office, and she winced.

‘Daphne! Get in here!’

Taking a deep breath, she straightened herself up and walked into his office.

‘Yes Brian?’

‘Where the FUCK is the paperwork for the sportswear campaign? It was here on my desk Friday’

‘We’ll Cynthia was reviewing the…’

‘Fine, I don’t care, get Cynthia in here and leave. Go home’

‘Mr Kinney…’

‘You’re fired Daphne. Go home!’

‘Wh…’ she walked out the office in a huff, happened to spot Cynthia as she gathered her things and the associate came over, obviously detecting something.

‘Everything ok sweetie?’

‘No! He just fired me! He wants you in his office like yesterday. Good luck’

‘I’ll get him sorted. I’ve seen him at his worse’

 

***

 

Justin was bored. There was nothing down here. There was only so much brown wall you could stare at before you started to loose your mind. Frustration was building fast, anger. Yeah ok. Maybe Brian had been right about his new…situation being his fault. But had he really needed to act so superior?  He flopped on his stomach and yelled as loud as he could.

Saw a shard of glass just left to the mattress. Picking it up, he studies it. Then hovers it above his wrist. Takes a breath, and cuts his wrist.

Pain vibrated up his arm and he winced. Dropped the glass and stared. But he was surprised as right before his eye, his skin melted back together and the blood on his skin seemed to evaporate.

 

6 months later

 

Brian and Justin had tried to come to an agreement. Justin was allowed to spend time with Eric as he needed it. But there was to be no further intimacy between them. Eric had tried to explain to Brian that with his blood inside them, that temptation would be challenging, but Brian didn’t want to listen.

Justin was getting better control over his abilities and impulses, and could hunt without killing.

However their sex life had fallen. And they fought more then ever. Epic style.

 

Eric did visit at night on a regular basis. And he and Justin would go out hunting. Some nights Justin struggled to bring himself to hunt. But was reassured that the person wouldn’t suffer if he did it right.

 

He found he had a taste for brunettes. Not that that made a difference. Eric, would laugh at that.

 

Justin had tried a couple times to invite Brian out. But he never came.

 

He had also been unfortunate enough to witness a vampire being staked, when it had tried to grab at him. Eric had stepped in and dispatched him quickly. But the mess it had left made him want to be sick.

‘Is that what would happen to us?’ Eric nodded ‘ew’

 

They started to make their way human speed back to the house.

 

‘Comr back to Bon Temps with me’

Justin stopped walking and stared at Eric

‘What?’

‘Come back to Bon Temps. Look Justin, there are very few people I care about on this earth. A small handful of vampires, and even fewer humans.  And even less whom I actually have feelings for’

‘Eric…’

‘Brian. I understand your devotion. But even you must know he’s pulling away’

Justin’s head dropped

‘Do you deny it?’

‘No. But we’ve been through break ups before. More then once, and we always ultimately end up getting back together’

‘Does time feel like that’s going happen?’

‘I don’t know. Maybe. I really can’t tell. He doesn’t talk to me much’

‘If I come with you, that’s it for us.’

‘With my guidance, you’re going to live a long time. And he’ll be a distant memory. You’ll never forget him. You’ll always love him. But you’ll move on’

Justin thought about that.

 

Next night, Brian knocked on the cellar door and pushed it open. Justin was packing his art supplies into labeled boxes, but he turned to face Brian and crossed his arms.

‘Something you want Brian?’

‘I meant what I said. Last night. I am sorry’

‘But you can’t do this anymore. I got it’

‘Justin you’ve changed’

‘I’m acutely aware’

‘Are we really doing this? For real?’

Justin turns to resume packing

‘I’ll visit you, ok. I’ll pop in sometimes.’

Brian half smiles at that. ‘I’d like that’

‘Move on with your life Brian. Find some nice twink that makes you feel young again. You have my blessing’

 

Brian lurched forward then and closed the space between them, grabs Justin’s head and kisses him hard.

The sudden turn of affection caused Justin’s fangs to drop, and they both startled out of the kiss. Justin covering his mouth with his hand.

“Brian…’

“Get gone…sunshine’

Brian turns and walks out. He hadn’t noticed Eric in the shadows watching.

‘I’m fine Eric. Should expect no less from him. He’s made his decision clear’

‘It’s best for both of you’

 

12 months later.

 

‘You ready?’

‘He’s not going to know I’m there right?

‘Not if you don’t want him to’

Justin was nervous. 12 months since he’d seen Brian. 12 months since they’d even spoke. It’d been really hard the first few months. All he wanted to do was call. Just hear his voice. But Eric had warned him not to. That’d just make things harder. He was vampire now. And the more he could remove himself from that existence. The less pain he’d feel. But simply removing yourself from your human life was easier said then done.

He’d met a few young vampires with help from Eric. A black woman, Tara, red headed Jessica and sweet Willa. Turned out Willa was also a child of Eric’s  and all three took to Justin instantly. Jessica told her story of how she was turned by Bill, as did the others. And they were able to help him adjust, feel comfortable. 

They’d decided to visit the weekend that Brian and Justin had first met Eric. Seemed appropriate as it was now what they’d referred to as the beginning of his new life.

They took a plane, as Justin was to young to ‘fly’ like Eric. Chose a flight that would take off just after sun down, and would have them there in a couple hours. They’d even found a place to stay during the day, until they could return to Louisiana the following night.

 

 

Justin stood outside looking in. Eric next to him with his hand on his lower back.

Brian was sitting in the armchair in front of the fire place. He’d lit a fire, but he had no shirt on from what he could see. His head was back and his eyes closed. The up popped another head from in front of him. A blonde man.  He was shirtless too. The man said something but Justin couldn’t make it out. He couldn’t watch this anymore. He turns and speeds off. Followed a moment by Eric

 

***

 

2 years had passed. Two years in which Justin had finally come to a mental place where he accepted what he was. It had been mentally exhausting at times. Especially on the anniversary .

His new friendship with Willa, Tara and Jessica helped, and the ever watchful eye of Eric.

It’d actually amused him when he discovered Willa liked him. And he remembered the conversation fondly.

‘Is there someone in your life Justin?’ she played with her hair. ‘Someone special?’

“There was. I was married. But when I turned, they couldn’t accept what I’d become’

‘Oh. Well if she couldn’t deal…’

‘She? No Willa. He. I’m…gay’

Colour flushed her cheeks and she put her hand over her mouth

‘…Oh…’

‘And there’s actually someone who I’ve been dating. But it’s early yet. I still love Brian, but it’s over. For good this time’

‘What’s his name?’

‘Liam’

 

Justin thought of Diago then. He was vampire as well. But considerably older then he was. He was 300 years old. But didn’t look a day over 30. He was seeing him tonight actually.

 

Diago wasn’t tall, but he was athletic, and slightly exotic looking. He had thick dark hair and an olive complexion and grey eyes,

 

Justin smiled around his bottle of True blood. Tara looked at him, raided her eyebrows.

 

‘Something funny?’

‘Huh? Oh, no. Just thinking about someone’

‘Not that looser back in Pittsbourough I hope’

‘Tara, that ‘looser’ was the man I was in love with for over 5 years. My soulmate’

‘We’ll he ain’t worth shit now. Besides your new beau just walked in the door’ She juts her chin at the bar’s entry, and he turns to look.

As Diago made his way over, nearly every head turned to stare. He was, if Justin wasn’t mistaken the fantasy of many in Louisiana Gay and straight alike.

Leaning in he gave Justin a light kiss on the forehead

“Hey sugar’

“Hey yourself’

‘You drinking already?’

‘I’ve not been…anywhere else tonight. I was hungry’

‘Hey all good. You want to bail?’

‘No. I’m ready. See you later Tara’

‘Uh huh’

Justin swung of his stool, and Diago took his hand and he led him outside. Diago had Justin hunting most nights. He refused to live off synthetic blood. Said it was sacrilegious. They could hunt and not kill. That was their compromise. But Justin had said he would still supplement with true blood from time to time.

He’d told Diago about his former life, and what he’d left behind. And he did understand. Was supportive of him. Was patient, but also a little impulsive.

Once they were out of sight of milling bar patrons, Diago took a little more control, and shoved Justin up against a wall, pinning him with his body.  He sniffed at him, inhaling deeply.

‘That synthetic crap stinks love. You need a real meal’

‘You want to hunt?’

‘I want to hunt, then I want to fuck’

‘Diago…’

‘Or we could just jump straight to number 2’

‘Can we compromise?’

Diago steps back ‘What were you thinking?’

‘We can hunt, but then how about we just go home and hold each other.  Please. I’m just not in the mood tonight’

Diago smiled and kissed Justin softly. ‘Of course sugar. Sorry I won’t force something you’re not comfortable with. But, you MUST eat’ Diago pulls Justin into a hug  and rubs his back.

‘I didn’t hurt you did i?’

‘No’

 

 

Brian sat in his armchair. He didn’t go out much anymore aside from going to work. He didn’t really see the point. He had guys round from time to time, but he still felt empty. There were papers on the side table next to his chair. Divorce papers. Ones he was supposed to have signed months ago, and sent copies to Justin and his lawyers. But he couldn’t.  He picked them up, flipped through then a couple times, and walked over to the fireplace. The room he spent most of his time. Chucking the papers on the unlit coals, he took out his lighter and lit the corner of a page. The flames quickly took, and it didn’ take long till they were smoking ash.

He took a long sigh, and returned to his chair.

 

 

Justin and Diago each had an arm of a willing blonde woman. Who with her head back on the park bench looked like she was in heaven. They released her after only a couple minutes, and helped her lay on the bench to recover before leaving her.

 

Brian took a large mouthful of Jack, and climbed into bed with his smoke. So many times he wanted to call Justin. But truth was, he just didn’t have the balls anymore. He didn’t know what to say. It was his own fault, he knew that. He was the one who couldn’t come to terms with what had happened. Maybe  cause it made him more aware of his own mortality. Maybe because he didn’t want his soulmate watching him grow old, while he remained unchanged.

He knew Daphne still spoke to him regularly. But she didn’t talk about him.

 

Diago was planting kisses as he worked his way down Justin’s spine stopping just shy of his ass. His hands were massaging Justin’s hips

 

Brian, lit another cigarette, glanced at his phone, picked it up, and hit 1 on speed dial’

 

Justin’s phone vibrated on the side table, picking it up, he looked at the caller id and almost dropped the phone. Instead he ignored the call, and put it back on the table

 

Brian let the phone ring out, until message bank kicked in, but he didn’t leave a message.

 

Diago drove into Justin from behind, nibbling with blunt teeth at his neck

Justin was arching his back and pushing back onto Diago with as much force as he could.

 

Brian closed his eyes and drifted off in his empty bed

 

Justin collapsed as he came, and Diago flopped on top of him.

 

***

 

When you’re going to live forever, 5 years, 10 even 20 years goes by in a flash. Eric had made the point that he needed to stop visiting Brian every year. He was in a new relationship now, and needed to concentrate on Diago. And he had. 50 years had passed in the blink of an eye. And had he still been human, he would have been old, probably grey hair, and getting wrinkles.

But one day, he received a phone call while in his studio.

‘Uncle Justin?’

“Gus?’ Hey! How are you?’

‘I’m fine.’

‘How’s the kids?’

“they’re great. The twins are in college now’

‘Oh, that’s fantastic.’

‘There’s actually a reason I’m calling. And you don’t need to feel obligated in any way at all, ok?’

‘What is it Gus?’

‘It’s dad.’

‘Everything ok?’

‘Not exactly. He’s come home from hospital. They don’t think he’s got much longer left. And they said he’d be more comfortable in his own home’

Justin sets down his paint brush and turns away from the canvas

‘You want me to come?’

‘There’s no obligation’ 

‘Thankyou Gus. I’ll be there as soon as I can. Is it ok if my partner comes with me?’

‘Of course!’

‘I’ll see you soon’

‘Bye’

‘Bye’

Diago had been sitting on the chair and had heard the conversation.

‘Sun’ll be down in half an hour’

 

When Justin and Diago arrived 2 hours later, there were 3 cars in the driveway. The front door was opened before he even lifted his hand to knock, and Gus stood on the other side.

‘Hi Uncle Justin. Come on in. He’s been asking for you’ Justin and Gus hug

‘Gus, this is my partner Diago’

The men shake hands.

“I’m sorry about your dad’

‘Thankyou’

He ushers them to the downstairs back bedroom, past a living room full of unfamiliar faces. They talked quietly among themselves, but there was a silent intake of breath from most when they saw the ‘man who never aged’

Gus led them into the bedroom, where in bed, lay an old man. He was hooked up to oxygen. he had his eyes closed.

‘Dad? Someone’s here to see you’

He stepped aside, and Brian opened his eyes and saw Justin for the first time in 50 years.

‘Sunshine’

Justin pulls up a chair and sits beside the bed. Diago puts a comforting hand on his shoulder.

‘Brian’

‘You came’

‘I came’

Brian casts his eyes in Diago’s direction. Justin takes Brian’s hand and holds it gently

‘Brian, this is Diago.  My partner’

Gus turns to walk out the door. ‘I’ll give you some privacy’

‘No Gus. Stay’

‘You sure?’

Justin nods, and Gus pulls up his own chair on the other side of the bed.

‘Sunshine, you haven’t changed. Not at all’

‘Oh I have.’ He smiled ‘Maybe not on the outside…’

Brian coughed. ‘I’m sorry’

‘What for?’

‘Everything’

‘Don’t be silly’

‘You two are happy?’

Justin looks up at Diago, and Diago squeezes.

‘Yeah, we are’

‘That’s all I needed to hear. I want you to be…happy’ cough.

Diago excuses himself and leaves the 3 men to be together.

‘Gus, son. I love you. You’ve made me so proud’ Gus gets a tear in his eye, but it doesn’t fall

‘Sunshine, I love you’ Brian begins to cough, and can’t seem to get his breath for a minute

‘Brian?’

‘I’m ok. Can I go now? I’m ready’

Justin tries to stop the tears, but he knew they would flow anyway, blood tears that would stain his cheeks.  He dipped in and kissed Brian on his cheek, when he straightened back up, Brian’s eyes were open, but vacant. Gus lifted his hand and gently closed his dad’s eyelids, and lowered his head to rest on his dad’s chest. He was trembling and Justin knew he was crying

Little blood tears dripped on the bedsheets, and Justin wiped at his face. He called out for Diago to fetch some tissues for them, and he could hear the women down the hall crying.

Diago entered with a wad of tissues in his hands,  handed half to Gus, and the other half to Justin

‘He’s In a better place love’

Justin stands and curls into Diago’s open arms.

‘Rest in peace Brian Fucking Kinney’

un

The End.
Kali is the author of 5 other stories.