- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

"Stop that," Justin demanded, in an irritated voice.

Brian tried not to laugh at the serious look on his partner's face, but he just couldn't muster the control. He slipped his fingers even higher along the length of Justin's thigh, leaving no doubt as to where he was aiming. Justin tore his eyes away from the television screen just long enough to take aim as he swatted at Brian's hand for the tenth time since they had first settled down on the couch in the middle of the night.

"Brian Kinney," he began in an exasperated tone, "you're not playing fair. You know what a romantic fool I can be and damn it...I want to watch this wedding. It's a once in a lifetime event and everyone is going to be talking about it tomorrow. Just because you haven't a romantic bone in that gorgeous body of yours doesn't mean I have to give up all thoughts of fairytale prince and princesses....or in our case, fairytale prince and kings."

Justin stopped for a moment and a thought came to him. A wicked grin crossed his face.

"You know, Brian, Catherine isn't the only one to find a prince and live happily ever after," Justin smirked, throwing certain words that his lover had once used on him to get him to agree to marriage the year before back at him.

Brian let a little pout at the corner of his lips appear and pulled his hand away, although he didn't go very far. He laid his head back on the couch and glanced at his lover with innocent puppy-dog eyes. They had been back together for almost a year now but were still unmarried. It didn't matter to Brian because he knew that he would never love another man the way he did Justin, nor would he ever leave him. He also trusted Justin one hundred percent, the first time he had felt that way with anyone in his life. No, a legal paper didn't matter to him at all, but he knew he would marry Justin in whatever way was legal if he ever asked for it.

In the meantime, they lived as the committed couple they now were. They seldom disagreed on anything, or at least anything important. This silly wedding across the ocean was one of the few things that they didn't see eye to eye on. Justin had been talking about it for weeks now and Brian could have cared less. Tonight was just another night that all Brian wanted was to make love to his man. But there was no distracting Justin. Brian sighed deeply and gave it one more shot with a pathetically pleading look for attention. Justin smiled one of his patented warm 'Sunshine' smiles, mumbled something about 'later, I promise' and turned back to the TV screen. Brian buried himself deeper into the cushions on his side of the couch and relaxed. If he was lucky, maybe the wedding would make Justin hornier than usual, so he'd let the guy have his fun.

**************************************************************

Brian woke up with a startled look around the room. He realized that he must have become so bored with all the royal wedding fol-de-rol that he had fallen asleep. He looked around the room in search of Justin. The young man was nowhere in sight. Just then, Brian heard a strange sound coming from the shadowed bedroom behind him. Brian got up to investigate. There was no Justin in the bedroom and Brian noticed the sound was coming from the bathroom instead. He quietly approached the doorway leading into that room. As he got closer, he could clearly tell that the sound he had heard was the muffled sound of tears. Alarmed, Brian entered the room.

Justin sat on the commode with his head in hands and his eyes covered. He wasn't sobbing, but somehow the way his shoulders shook from his controlled tears hurt more than outright bawling would have. Brian rushed over to Justin and fell to his knees, gathering the beautiful blond to his chest and hugging tightly.

"Justin, what the fuck is going on? What happened? Are you hurt? Tell me right now! Whatever it is, I'll take care of it! You know I'll never let anyone ever hurt you again!"

Justin spread his fingers, revealing a tear-stained face. The moment he saw Brian's face, the tears stopped. He suddenly grabbed Brian's face with his hands and pulled him even closer.

"You great big, beautiful fool! I'm not hurt. As long as I have you, nothing could ever hurt me again. I'm just a silly man who was so touched by the beauty of the royal wedding that it brought tears to my eyes. And then I have to confess that the next thing I knew I was thinking how much I wish we could have the same kind of wedding just because I want the whole damned world to know how much I love you and want to be a part of you for the rest of my life. When I'm with you, Brian, I feel like a Prince and you are the only man that I want as my King."

With that, Justin pulled Brian's face up to his and planted a searing kiss that announced his love and passion for Brian in ways that even words could never adequately express. The kiss deepened and their love made them feel like they were floating on clouds above the skies rather than sitting in a cool marble and glass bathroom. When their swollen lips finally parted, they were both nearly out of breath, but Brian had just enough left to speak his mind.

"Justin Taylor, that's it! You're right....you are one hundred percent right. Those folks over there in England, or even the lovers right here are not the only ones who have the right to tell the world how much they love their soul-mate. We have that right too, and we're exercising it...right now! Come on, Sunshine! Wash that gorgeous face of yours, put on your best outfit, and join me in the living room. There is going to be more than one royal wedding on this day."

Justin was in shock! What in the world had gotten into Brian? And what in heaven's name was he thinking of doing? Justin wasn't sure what was happening, but he knew Brian. When his man made up his mind about something, nothing could stop him. Justin would simply have to go along with whatever wild idea was brewing in that brilliantly wicked brain of his partner. As Brian hurried out of the room, Justin quickly rinsed his face with cool water and patted dry, taking a few moments to stare into his puzzled eyes in the mirror. He hurried to the bedroom and pulled out one of his very favorite combinations of shirt and slacks from the closet. He could see a couple of items of Brian's clothing strewn over their bed, so it was obvious that Brian had already made his choice and was probably getting dressed in the living room.

As Justin finished dressing, he heard all kinds of commotion going on in the other room. When he stepped down from the bedroom, he saw Brian standing in the center of the living room, phone in hand and fully dressed in an outfit that Justin was particularly fond of because of the way it accentuated Brian's masculinity to its fullest. He quickly joined Brian, who wrapped his arms around the young man and squeezed him tight. Brian gave Justin another of those lip-searing kisses and then let him go with a swat to the rump as he pointed him in the direction of the front door.

"You ready for our big day?" Brian asked.

"I would, if I knew what you are talking about," Justin warned.

"Soon enough, my Prince...soon enough!"

Brian pulled Justin along with him as they left the loft, hurried down to Brian's sports car, and climbed in. Moments later, they were whistling down the highway. Twenty minutes later, Brian pulled up to a simple white church that Justin had never seen before. It was very early since the wedding coverage had begun around three a.m. American time. The light was just beginning to dawn over the horizon and it's pink, violet, and gold colors were breathtaking in the morning sky. Justin turned to Brian with a quizzical look.

"What is this place?" he asked, perplexed.

"I made a little call to an old friend of mine. He is a non-denominational minister that caters almost exclusively to our GLBT community. I told him that we wanted to be married and couldn't wait. Once I assured him that this wasn't a shotgun wedding because I had knocked you up, he agreed to perform the ceremony for us. So, Partner, will you marry me...right here, right now?"

"Now, how can I ignore such a romantic request from the man I love?" Justin asked, with tears in his eyes.

"You can't," Brian promised.

The two lovers exited the vehicle together and walked hand-in-hand to the door of the church. It was opened by a handsome man in his mid-thirties with a broad happy smile on his face. His own husband stood next to him, prepared to be a witness. The door closed behind the couple as they entered the sanctuary. As the door closed, Brian and Justin turned to each other and shared one last kiss as single men.

***********************************************************************

"I do! I do! I do!"

"Brian! Brian, wake up! You conked out and you're talking in your sleep again. It's over. We can go to bed now. We'll probably sleep till noon, but it was soooo worth it."

Brian shook his head to clear the cobwebs. Justin was looking down at him with a grin.

"Just out of curiousity, what were you dreaming about? You were mumbling all kinds of weird stuff."

Brian hesitated a moment and then pulled Justin back down to the couch so he could enfold his beloved in his arms.

"I was dreaming that we were on our honeymoon and were making love for hours and hours non-stop. So, are you going to make my dream come true?"

Justin laughed.

"Don't you think we should have a wedding before we have the honeymoon? That's how it is usually done."

Brian looked straight into his lover's eyes. "There is nothing usual about us, Sunshine. But....who knows what can be arranged?"

As Justin got up and pulled Brian up from the couch to join him so that they could head for bed, Brian thought to himself....'yes, who knows what can be arranged? Maybe the royal wedding is just the beginning for more than one couple in this great big Universe.'

The End

The End.
mandagrammy is the author of 93 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked A Royal Wedding also liked 552 other stories.