- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

Okay so a couple of things:

 

1. YES, the title reflects my own personal thought while writing this chapter

2. If ever there was a time Morpheus should have offered me the damn 'Blue' pill, this was it! Jesus please be some brain bleach and mental 'ear' peroxide. Better yet, please just be a mental #2 pencil so that I can erase this portion of my memory and forget that I had to write THAT!

 

3. The bold italics represent flashbacks,  whereas the regular italics still either indicate inner-thoughts OR emphasis placed on a word, per the usual way I write.

and

4. Y'all know me...that's all I'm saying, LOL ENJOY!! 

 

CHAPTER 27: WHERE’S A GOOD MALLET WHEN YOU NEED ONE?!


TUESDAY before Decision Day

 

LINDSAY:


One the one hand, I’m glad to finally have visitors. I have been here almost a week and haven’t seen anyone I know. Being in prison sucks, even if it’s relatively posh compared to the state and county facilities I’ve heard of but never had the displeasure of visiting. I guess having committed what is seen as a white collar crime has a lot to do with it. They seem to be a lot more lax here, and that’s better than I expected. Oh, I still balk at being told what to do, when to do it, and how, but it beats having to fight off Big Bertha or Big Mama to retain my virtue. Not that I wouldn’t trade that in a heartbeat for my freedom, but I don’t foresee that happening. Besides, I’ve already been making my mark with Officers Chase Johnson and Tara Andrews. Hey, if I’m facing a ten-to-fifteen year sentence, no one should expect that I would be completely celibate during anytime up to or after my trial. I wasn’t before this, and even when I’m moved- IF I’m moved- they can’t expect that I won’t find someone to take care of my empty, problematic pussy. A sexually-satisfied Lindsay equals a less conniving one. Mel should have learned that lesson long ago, but she didn’t, hence the situation I am in right now.


As for the reason I’m not exactly happy to have visitors at this moment is because two of the most whining fuckers of my acquaintance are sitting across from me, laying out a plan with so many loopholes it could be a fucking knitted blanket. I wonder where Michael’s brain is most of the time, but today, I no longer do. It’s more than obvious that he’s sat on it so much he broke it, especially if he thinks his bullshit plan is going to work!


“So, I need you to sign these,” he tells me, smiling like a jackass. I suppose he took my silence for acquiescence. Well he’s sorely mistaken. But I’ll play blonde for a few more minutes before I destroy his idiocy, piece by dumbass piece.


“What?” I ask, innocence written across my face. I enjoy the look of indignation that crosses his face at the thought that I have ignored every ignorant word he uttered.


“Jesus, Lindsay. Haven’t you been listening?!” He screeches before he sighs. It’s funny that we are experiencing the same emotion of exasperation, but for entirely different reasons. “I need you to sign over your custody of Gus to me.”


“What for?”


“To make Brian choose between Justin and Gus, of course. It’s the only thing that can return him to the Brian that we both know and love.”


“Who says I love Brian?” And that’s true… I don’t.

 

Covet him, envy him, and want to control him and his wallet? Indeed! But no, I love him about as much as I actually loved Mel. Sure I have a fondness for both of them, and I loved the things they did for me, but them personally? No. I learned long ago to give lip service to an emotion that I’ve never been intimately acquainted with. I suppose the closest I’ve ever come close to it is with Gus. But then again, I can admit my faults at least to myself. Other than that, it’s no one else’s business.


“Of course, you do!” Michael explodes. The guard issues a warning look, advising him that his flat ass belongs in the chair if he intends on staying for the duration of visiting hours. I almost laugh that he thought he could send a challenging look back at the guard and expect the man to back down. I would have loved to see Michael receive a bullet to his butt cheek as a lesson well-earned. But so goes the idiot finally displaying a little common sense, as he settles back into the chair. I guess the fact that the man is sporting his service weapon in plain sight has a lot to do with it. He lowers his voice, for which I am thankful. Although I think me and half of the population of Pittsburgh would be happy if he lost it… permanently. “Of course you love him, Lindz. He’s been your best friend a few less years than he’s been mine. That has to count for something, right? Otherwise the fact that you were willing to work with me to separate Brian and Justin would have been all in vain.”


Ahh, so that’s why he’s here, is it? He’s run out of ideas again. The gerbil in his head where his brain should be must have! FINALLY fallen dead...or at least I hope so. I clear my throat and allow my hair to fall forward, adopting my sympathetic expression for his benefit. “Be that as it may, Michael, I can’t help you.”


“Why not?”


“There are so many reasons, but the main one is that I won’t.”


And there it is… the controlled anger at being denied what he wants. “You won’t, huh?” I shake my head in confirmation. “Well, how about I talk to the D.A. on the case that got your ass in here? I’m sure he’ll be happy to know that along with your pending charges, we can add accessory to extortion to your case.”


“What are you talking about? I didn’t extort anything from anyone.”


“Maybe not, but it won’t be too hard to convince the judge of it. I mean, after all, all I have do do is show him the letters and emails between you, me, and Claire. Still think you’re innocent?”


He has me there, but I have my own cards to play in this game. “Michael,” I say his name soothingly. “All those emails can prove is that I knew what you and Claire were doing to Brian, which incidentally, I found out by accident. The fact that you paid me for my silence of your own free will speaks more about you than it says about me. After all, I wasn’t working, and being a full-time homemaker I was without any funds beyond the weekly allowance Mel called herself giving me. It was really pittance compared to the allowance my parents had given me for over half my life. So what person in my position would turn down extra money?” I explained away my motive in such a way where he couldn’t come up with a valid argument, even if it wasn’t the whole truth. “Besides, the only other thing I did was offer you advice on the way WASPs did things, and transferred the money you wanted me to give to Ethan in order to woo Justin away from Brian. Both of those things do not constitute illegal activity, because you were able to make the conscious choice of whether to take my suggestions or not. What you did with the information I gave you was solely up to you.”


“Yes, well, I’m sure that Brian won’t look at it that way.” he smirks.


“I’m sure he won’t, but you’re forgetting one small flaw in your plan to become Gus’ other daddy.”


“And that is?”


“That I no longer have my rights.”


“WHAT?! When the fuck did that happen?!” Again the guard looks over at our table, but unfortunately Michael had the presence of mind to stay seated this time. Pity!


“Michael, you were there in the same conference room I was when Agent Ramos came to escort me out. I guess it’s just as well that, as per usual, you tend to tune out anything that doesn’t directly affect you and your cause.” I sigh, rolling my eyes before looking him directly in his. “The truth is Michael, I wouldn’t entrust you to raise a fucking cactus, much less my son. You are without a doubt, the most inept, greedy, selfish fool I have ever had the misfortune to meet. Without your mommy wiping your ass, I doubt you would be able to accomplish the task yourself. Now do yourself a favor and pay Justin what you owe him, sign over everything which rightfully belongs to Brian, and forget anything else you could think up. Not doing so will only lead you into real trouble, and I’m not talking about this posh establishment I’m imprisoned in.” I warn for the last time.


“What the fuck is your problem, Lindsay?!”


I laugh. “Me? I don’t have any problems… well, at least not as big as the ones you are facing if you continue being the asshole you’ve always been.”


“Who the fuck do you think you are talking to like that, Lindsay?!” he grinds out.


And that’s when I lose my patience. Who the hell does he think he’s adopting that threatening tone with?! Time to rip off the fucking gloves and go in with bare knuckles! “I thought I just said. But in case you are having that selective hearing problem again, I’ll repeat it. I’m talking to an asshole! One who thinks more highly of himself than he ought. Entrust you with Gus’ care, INDEED! You deserve to be locked away from the public in case your constant stupidity leak becomes contagious. I feel like my IQ has dropped every single time you’ve spoken in my direction. Or should I say whined, since every time you speak that grating sound comes out of your fucking mouth! It sounds like Freddy Krueger’s finger-KNIVES scraping across metal. Do me and the rest of the world a favor and just SHUT THE FUCK UP! And STOP THINKING! God, there should be an illness named after you with the Center for Disease Control where the only cure is to be lobotomized!”


“Come on, Michael, let’s go,” Lance tells him, pulling him out of the seat. He’d been silent this whole time, but has been obviously listening carefully. “It’s obvious that Lindsay knows something about all of this that you aren’t privy to.”


“Lindsay doesn’t know dick!” Michael retorts, while I chuckle.


“Maybe not, but I’ve ridden more than you have, Michael.” I smirk at his gasp before turning my attention to Lance. “Lance, I’m sorry that we’re meeting again under less than pleasant circumstances, but take my advice. Extricate yourself from whatever mess he is trying to involve you in immediately.”


“What’s your real motive here, Lindsay? Why, when you were so quick to inflict the most damage you could on Mel, Brian, and Justin, are you so willing to let the fact that you are facing prison slide?”


And that’s why I’ve always liked Lance for the most part. He asks questions steeped in logic and intelligence. I preen at him. “The long and short of it is that the three of them have been called to testify in my trial. I would be a fool to piss them off further than I already have, wouldn’t I? But also, I don’t like the idea of Michael fucking with Gus’ life in any manner. I may have signed away my rights to him, but biologically he’s still my son. I may have used to him a time or two to suit my own ends, but that’s me. I won’t allow anyone else to do that.”


He nods and I can see that we’ve come to the same conclusion about the situation as Michael storms out. I don’t know what he’s going to do about involving himself, but I know that he’ll at least try to talk some sense into the Dumbass of the Decade, who is hellbent on using Gus to force Brian to choose him, instead of Justin. All I can do is hope that he’ll protect himself as best he can against a self-destructive person such as Michael Novotny. I shake my head as he leaves. Well, he can never say he wasn’t warned.


LANCE

Two days later…


I seriously can’t believe he’s done THAT! I just CANNOT! I try to reason with him again. “Michael, do you really think you should have involved them?”


“Why not? I’m not getting results any other way, and personally, I’m tired of having to dodge Boy Wonder. I should be able to go where I want, when I want, without his empty threats looming over my head.”


“I’m not so sure they are empty, Michael,” I warn. “But even if they were, do you realize what you’ve just brought down on our heads?”


“What are you talking about? They can’t link us to anything. It was done as a private citizen… an ANONYMOUS, private and concerned citizen.”


“One who just happens to know all the intimate details of their collective past? It reeks of revenge, Michael! And to involve Gus! All they have to do is start asking the right questions…”


“Stop worrying, Lancy-poo,” he wheedles. “Besides, I think we have better ways to spend our time than worrying. Do you think?” he asks as he pulls my head down to nibble at my ear. I can’t deny that ever since catching a glimpse of Brian at Woody’s the other night, I’ve been in a constant state of arousal. Michael whispers in my ear, “So while we wait for Brian to make his appearance, why don’t we take care of your little problem?”


He drops to his knees, and pulls out my cock, leaving a succulent kiss on the head. It feels good, but all I can think is that I wish it was Brian’s lips and tongue teasing me to full hardness. I miss the video surveillance that Michael and I used to have installed in his apartment before the new security team for the building disconnected the feed, and replaced it with their own. It cured me of several lonely nights, watching the revolving door of men get what I will never have. As Michael deepthroats me, I’m brought out of my fantasy momentarily by the sound of his gagging. It was one of the first things I noticed about both Brian and Justin. They either knew how to suppress the gag reflex, or don’t have one. I’m betting on the latter. Admittedly, watching the two of them take countless men to bed has been arousing to the extreme every single time. I think what was most surprising is that Justin is as powerful a top as Brian is, and he has only bottomed for Brian.  


Finally, I can’t take the fact that he’s doing that nibbling thing like I’m a fucking carrot again, and decide to move this fuck session along. Standing him up and turning him around to face away from me, I don the condom in a hurry, and with very little prep- because honestly, Michael doesn’t need much since he’s so loose- I push past his sphincters to lose myself in his willing ass. It’s not ideal, but it’s the only thing available to me right now, I think as I set a brutal rhythm… one meant to satisfy me, and punish him for his selfish stupidity all at the same time. I resist the urge to both punch him in the back of his head, and put the pillow from the sofa over his face to suffocate him as I continue to drill into him. The high-pitched demands for harder, faster, deeper are stirring all types of violent tendencies within me. It’s not that I hate Michael; it’s that he isn’t Brian. And if I’m honest, he’s not Justin either. Not for the first time, I wonder just what the fuck I’m still doing here.


As I finish, not even checking to see if Michael came or not, it’s that thought which plagues me. Stepping into the bathroom and locking the door behind me, I can’t stand to look at myself in the mirror. So I opt to hurry into the shower to wash Michael’s scent off of my body. I can’t help but wish that I could peel my skin off; I feel so fucking contaminated by hatred. Yes, I knew what I was getting into by helping Michael. My obsession with all things Brian Kinney is that strong and deep. But with this latest round of Michael’s machinations, I wonder how I lost sight of my own morals and good judgment. Paying Michael for the items he stole from Brian is one thing, but this…

 

FUCK! I have to get away from him, and fast. But how to do that without bringing more harm to myself? He knows too much about me, and I know he isn’t afraid of using the knowledge. In fact, I think it would secretly give him the utmost pleasure even though he’ll pretend to the contrary. What the fuck am I going to do?

 

MICHAEL:


Well that’s done! Tomorrow I am supposed to make a decision about whether I will accept fucking Boy Wonder’s terms and conditions or not. The plain and simple truth is that I AM NOT! And the best part is that I won’t even have to tell him since they will be dealing with a whole lot more right about now after the phone call I made.


Ironically, I got the idea after Lindsay decided that she wasn’t going to do what I wanted. I don’t believe her regarding her rights to Gus... well not entirely anyway. I know Mel and Brian, and they wouldn’t willingly keep Lindsay from her child. Brian came from an abusive home so he knows what it’s like to have parents check out on you both physically and emotionally. I can’t count the number of times Brian was left alone as if forgotten, until either his mother or father came home to remember they had a human punching bag. And yes, in many ways Jack’s fists and Joan’s stick served as my own weapon against Brian whenever he decided to step out of my plans for him. All I had to do was go to his parents, letting them know of Brian’s secrets, and they took care of putting him back in line for me. And it was working perfectly until Claire found out I was doing it. She’s another one I need to take care of soon.


But contrary to the upbringing Brian had, until Melanie came out she had a family much like Justin’s. They were supportive and provided everything she needed or wanted. According to Lindsay, even after she came out and had done some cheesy hetero porn magazine layout for money when they cut her off for a time, eventually her parents decided that she was still the child they raised and started supporting her again. So I know neither Brian nor Melanie would bar all access to Gus from Lindsay. Like it or not, she’s his mother, and they wouldn’t want the baby to suffer without one of his parents.


So when she didn’t sign the papers giving me her parental rights under the guise that she no longer had them, I decided to play along with that theory for the interim. I inwardly steamed at the way she spoke to me, and needed a way that would make her feel as helpless as I felt while she was speaking to me. Consequently, the only way to put everyone in their proper places was to use Gus in a way they never would have thought me capable of doing. I’d had second thoughts for the last two days about making good on my plans, but then this afternoon changed all that.


I was in the Diner, hoping to catch up to Ma. I was trying to see if she had taken her head out of her ass yet and retrieved the box from the police station. I really need the papers I’d stashed in it some time ago. Not only did I have the papers in it for the safety deposit box I had in her name at the bank, but also the contract for the store. I’ve been thinking that the landlord illegally offloaded the building the comic store is in during my absence. If I’m not mistaken, I was supposed to be given first refusal to buy the building from him. If that’s the case, then he and therefore, Jennifer Taylor are in breach of contract, which I will happily sue their asses for. There are some other things in there, like copies of my emails with Craig Taylor, but that contract is much more important right now.


Anyway, Brian, Justin, and Mel came in. They had Gus with them in his stroller, too. I schooched down in the seat, not wanting to be noticed by Brian for a change. Besides, I’m not exactly ready to accept his apology for allowing his boy toy to get too big for his britches by hitting me. I swear I will still find a fucking way to get even with him for that! My nose hasn’t healed, and I still resemble the fucking Hamburglar from McDonalds, minus the damn hat and jailbird suit. As I signaled the waitress, who was actually deliberately ignoring me, I listened in on the conversation happening two booths down from me.


“So have you decided, Mel?” Justin asked.


“Yeah, I have,” she answered. “Besides I think it will be good for Gus and I to get out of there. Now with Lindsay out of the picture, it’s time for us to move on. I just haven’t figured out what to do with her stuff yet.”


“Well where she is and where she’s going, it’s not like she’ll need it,” Brian snarked.


“Brian! Behave, even if you are right. Why do you think she’s been calling?” Justin asked. I rolled my eyes at his tone. I mean, who the fuck does he think he is correcting Brian on any thought he might have had? That’s something I would have never done, since I understand him in a way Boy Wonder obviously wasn’t ever capable of doing.


“I don’t know, and honestly, I don’t care. I’m not answering, so eventually she will probably get the message to stop.”


“You didn’t tell me she was calling you, too,” Mel told them then sighed. “I suppose I should make a trip to see her soon.”


“Why?” Brian asked her, and that’s what I wanted to know, too. All I kept thinking was that Lindsay had better not have been trying to warn them of the conversation we had when I went to see her. But it would be just like the BITCH!


“It’s obvious that she needs to impart some important information. Agent Ramos called me to inform me that we were going to be called to testify about her involvement with Gui, so I should see what she wants sooner rather than later, I guess. Once the subpoenas are issued, we can’t have any contact until after the trial, and even that will be done under the microscope and watchful eyes of her jailers.”


“What do you think it is?” Justin asked her. Just hearing his voice made me want to hurl... in his lap! He was also sitting there holding Gus as if he was his father. That was my fucking place, not his!


“So back to the conversation at hand… what have you decided, Mel?” Brian asked her again, effectively changing the subject.


“To take you up on your offer… both of them,” she answered. What the fuck were they talking about, I thought as I snuck a peek at them. Each of them were grinning widely.


“So who’s donating?” Justin asked. Donating? What the fuck? No! They can’t be talking about what I think they are, I thought as my heartrate sped up at what I was hearing.


“I’m thinking maybe a mixed sample and let fate take its course?” She asked, and I felt my insides churning. “It really doesn’t matter since you’ll both be the dads.”


NO FUCKING WAY! NO! NO! NO! NO FUCKING WAY AM I LETTING THAT HAPPEN!


“And about moving in? The estate is rather large so you have your pick of a suite of rooms or the guest house.”


Estate? What fucking estate?! What the fuck is Boy Wonder doing to Brian?! Brian and I are citydwellers! Neither of us belong on some fucking country estate!


“I’m thinking the guest house since it’s as large as the house I’m living in now, but in much better condition. The change of pace will do me some good though. I don’t know about you, but didn’t you feel as though a weight was lifted as we toured the grounds?” Melanie asked, as I sat there fuming. But it was Brian’s answer that sent me over the edge.


“I definitely felt like my thoughts slowed down so that I could think more clearly. Guess there’s something to be said about fresh air and minimal interruptions. Besides with Kinnetik taking off as it has in a relatively short time, we’re going to need the escape. Also we’ll need the space because acquiring Thorne Industries means a shit load of work.”


“How many companies within that conglomerate again?” Mel asked. Now I don’t know much about business as a whole, but I’m familiar with Thorne. Their entertainment division alone, which includes all kinds of books and movies, is worth billions of dollars. And Kinnetik got that account?!


“Nearly 400 and still growing,” Justin said. “To say that we have our work cut out for us is an understatement. I don’t know how we’re going to do it all.”

 

And that’s when I decided to call Child Protective Services because surely Gus will be neglected if all three parents will be so fucking busy. We’ll just consider it my civic duty… and my ultimate revenge. I smiled to myself as I made the call, wishing that I could watch the fallout with my own eyes. I also made sure to include suspected drug use and child abuse in my anonymously given report so that they would go out to the loft right away.

 

I also gave them the same report about Mel, since if it wasn’t for that bitch, Brian and Justin would still have been in the dark about the money I took. Since she wanted to play fucking the legal eagle version of She-Ra on Boy Wonder and Brian’s behalf, let’s see how she handles it when her law license is hanging in the balance. Plus I also owe that bitch for getting their Legal Domestic Partnership put through.Yeah, I heard when Justin mentioned that she was there as they signed the fucking papers.

 

Well, now all of them will stand to lose the one thing that joins them all. I can’t fucking wait to hear the details!