Sequel to "Filled Silence" set in the Post-Stockwell Era, Brian and Justin makes some decisions that will redefine their definition of the word 'relationship'. Although inspired by the concepts within "The Experiment" by Wren and "The Dare" by Edom, it's my take on what should have happened in the series. ENJOY!!!
To the Wonderful and Talented Lorie Austin, Thanks for being my beta, but most of all, my friend. I couldn't do what I do without you.
Categories: QAF US Characters: Ben Bruckner, Brian Kinney, Cynthia, Daphne Chanders, Debbie Novotny, Emmett Honeycutt, Gardner Vance, James 'Hunter' Montgomery, Jennifer Taylor, Justin Taylor, Lindsay Peterson, Melanie Marcus, Michael Novotny, Original Female Character, Original Male Character, Rodney, Ted Schmidt, Vic Grassi
Genres: Alternate Canon, Alternate Universe, Angst w/ Happy Ending, Canon
Series: JUST THE TWO OF US
Chapters: 96 Completed: No
Word count: 417544 Read: 505853
ePub Downloads: 127 Published: Jun 06, 2018 Updated: Jun 24, 2023
All recognizable characters, places, situations, etc. are the property of Cowlip. No copyright infringement is intended. All original content, characters, companies, places and situations are the intellectual property of this author.
A few words:
First and foremost, A big THANK YOU to those who have been wishing my well during my recovery. I never take your care and concern for my wellbeing for granted.
Secondly, I'm primarily writing this fic to get me back into the groove of writing both here and in RL. So it's my plan to finish this fic relatively soon so that I can get back to my other WIPs. I've been going through some personal traumas lately which has made what should be easy (writing...it's usually like breathing) a bit more difficult at this juncture. There is nothing worse for me than having the will to write, but to be put on physical restriction from doing so. That said, although I will be updating my other WIPs as the mood hits, I probably won't post them until this is done. I have to see how it goes. Don't misunderstand...I have in no way lost my mojo; it's just slowed down a bit.
I hope you all enjoy this fic as much as I will writing it.
HUGS and MUCH LOVE,
P.S. As always I'll update the tags as I along. We already KNOW how much I just love Michael so he's a given. But there are a few other characters that have yet to make up their minds. There will be some similarities to ADLS but not by much beyond the 'Rage' concept. So chill-lax and just enjoy the story for what it is.
A small disclaimer...I'm not an attorney, but in a just world, and the one where I have ultimate creative control, the 'legal' aspects of this scenario (and others) would happen this way.
Some things should have NEVER remained hidden....
11. THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS AND THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 8] (4885 words)
Sorry for the delay, Darlings. Had yet another f/u appoinment yesterday, and although I'm healing, it's still not as fast as we all hoped for. But it is what it is, and this is where I'm focusing my energy right now. Hopefully, I can start rat-a-tat-tatting out the chapters as I have in the past few weeks.
In the meantime, THANK YOU for all the positive thoughts, prayers and well wishes! They mean more than I can tell you in mere words.
HAPPY READING AND HUGS,
20. IT AIN'T NO GAME. IT'S A LOVE THING (Splatterday continues) by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 13] (4403 words)
P.I.T.A.= Pain in the Ass
Day 1 of Housecleaning! ENJOY!!!!
22. STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES BUT DOES THAT APPLY TO A SORRY ASS, TOO? by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 12] (3925 words)
26. BECOMING KINNETIK (Part 2), A MOMENT OF EPIPHANY, A PLAN SET IN MOTION by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 8] (4196 words)
Okay so a couple of things:
1. YES, the title reflects my own personal thought while writing this chapter
2. If ever there was a time Morpheus should have offered me the damn 'Blue' pill, this was it! Jesus please be some brain bleach and mental 'ear' peroxide. Better yet, please just be a mental #2 pencil so that I can erase this portion of my memory and forget that I had to write THAT!
3. The bold italics represent flashbacks, whereas the regular italics still either indicate inner-thoughts OR emphasis placed on a word, per the usual way I write.
4. Y'all know me...that's all I'm saying, LOL ENJOY!!
Just a brief reminder:
Bold Italics= flashbacks
Italics= emphasis, sarcasm or character's inner thoughts
HAPPY READING, DARLINGS!
New definition warning: A Slore is a person who will sleep around indiscriminately whether there is money involved (whore) or not (slut).
*Inspired by the theme song to Hill Street Blues* featuring Larry Carlton and Lee Skylar
I've been listening to this song since late afternoon yesterday, and it just wouldn't let me go. So of course, I had to dedicate a chapter to that wonderful show!
35. NE IMPERARET SANITATEM REDUCAMUS (Let Sanity Reign) by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 6] (3290 words)
Some plot development in reference to the case here...ENJOY!!
Setting up for the main event continues...
51. CUTTING THROUGH THE MEAT, TO GET TO THE BONE OF CONTENTION? by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 9] (4656 words)
Dear Shine (Glo),
I hope the beginning of the chapter answers your review question. Thank you so much for asking it as it let me divulge another secret passion of mine...HISTORY. What can I say except YES, I'm a closet Nerd, LOL
HUGS and MUCH LOVE!
As for the rest, here's something you all may not know about the term 'Mick'. Of course, there is the commonly know derogatory term used for Irishman. But did you also know, that it is used in place of those 'Mc' names most notably found in the same region? In this particular case, I choose to think of it within its Hebrew terms whose meaning is 'Who is like God'. Now that's not to say that I think of Brian Kinney like that but more like St. Michael (odd that, LOL), who is the conqueror of Darkness and the patron saint of soliders.
That's why I love writing...it's all open to interpretation!
HAPPY READING DARLINGS!
A little bit of a much needed reprieve for B&J.
55. AND JUST WHEN YOU THINK THE DEVIL HAS FORGOTTEN ABOUT YOU, SURPRISE!! by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 9] (2884 words)
*contains FLASHBACK during Melanie's introspection...*
*Title is a quote from Hemingway and very fitting for this chapter*
Just a brief reminder: I'm not in law enforcement, but in my perfect, creative-controlled world, these events (and others) would've happened this exact way. However, please bear in mind that all good fiction has at least a modicum of fact mixed in. That said, I researched what I could and the rest is all the conjecture of a really overactive imagination.
Thanks for allowing me to indulge it!
HUGS and LOVE,
(a) = the beginning of an explanation. I promise there will be more about this subject next chapter, and beyond so stay tuned. In the meantime, enjoy the chapter!!
64. WHEN SOCIOPATHS COLLIDE Part 2: SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHTâ€¦ by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 6] (5926 words)
TRIGGER WARNING: contains a VERY controversial subject
Please note: I'm not a psychiatrist nor a psychologist, but as a writer, I know a little about a lot. This is a very plot-heavy chapter, and yes, some will get angry, sad, be indifferent, and the like. I ask, in advance, that you respect my vision for the story, and the folks who leave reviews. Nothing is every cut and dry, and Lindsay's story arc/ actions are no different. As you know, most of the time, I write pretty true-to-life so govern yourselves accordingly.
HUGS (because I know I need them now, and you will later),
66. SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT Part 3: JUST WHO THE HELL IS GEORGE BELL? by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 7] (2975 words)
See, the thing about demanding characters is that when they asked to be introduced properly, you've just gotta listen....LOL ENJOY!!
We are FINALLY up to the interviews!! YAY!! ENJOY!!
70. WHINING, COOS, YELLING, SQUEAKS AND THE SCIENCE OF SCCCCRRRREEEEEEEECHology!!! by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 9] (9666 words)
72. CHAPTER 72: PRECINCT BLUES PART 6: STEPPIN' TO THE BAD SIDE by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 6] (4231 words)
73. CHAPTER 73: THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LOVE AND POSSESSION by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 7] (4056 words)
75. CHAPTER 75: DON'T TAKE IT PERSONAL... BUT THEN AGAIN SINCE YOU TOOK IT THERE... by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 9] (3635 words)
* Just a little note to remind you all how I do flashbacks*
84. PRECINCT BLUES: PART 9: HOW TO MERIT YOUR OWN CATEGORY IN THE DSM 101 by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 9] (3233 words)
86. PRECINCT BLUES: CHAPTER 11: LET'S GO TO THE VIDEOTAPE by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 6] (4329 words)
87. CHAPTER 84: BENEDICTION AND RECONCILIATION OF A DIFFERENT KIND by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 11] (5742 words)
88. COURTROOM CHRONICLES: CHAPTER ONE: RAT BASTARDS AND THEIR FINKS Take 1 by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 8] (3190 words)
89. PRECINCT BLUES: CHAPTER 12: A MANIFESTATION OF THE GLORY by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 7] (3829 words)
To commerate this second birthday for JT2U, here is a Short chapter.... well, FOR ME anyway. Trust me, it's... well, ENJOY!!
93. COURTROOM CHRONICLES: CHAPTER TWO: RAT BASTARDS AND THEIR FINKS Part 2 by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 6] (3288 words)
94. COURTROOM CHRONICLES CHAPTER THREE: RAT BASTARDS AND THE FINKS Part 3 by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 14] (2786 words)
Another minor break is needed at the moment, so here's a CHAPTER!!! For those who don't know, I'm currently working (writing on my RL WIPs, and several other projects), so my time has been unfortunately limited to eeking out a chapter here and there. Although this is my hobby, my other endeavors pay the bills so I have to prioritize.
Thanks in advance for your continued support and patience. You will never know just how much it means to me.
Love and Miss you all,
P.S. This chapter is unbetaed so all mistakes are mine. Between Lorie and I, we will try to catch them when possible. So that said, please be kind.
Warning--- semi-graphic description of the horrendous acts done to Christian by his father's (and others') hands.
96. .PRECINCT BLUES: CHAPTER 15: THE 4 P’s OF INTENT: PHONY PUCCINI’S POSTHUMOUS PLOT by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 5] (3364 words)