- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Ahem..yeah story was put in the chapter notes section by mistake, sorry about that!

 

CHAPTER 11 - CROWING, LURKING AND FURKLING


MICHAEL’S HOUSE - MORNING OF THE AWARDS DINNER


BEDROOM


MICHAEL


It has been hours now, and nothing! Ma and Uncle Vic have heard from him, in fact he was showing off his outfit to them, but nothing for me! The watch that I gave him has been put in a drawer, as I had...wait a minute! I leap off the bed to grab the watch. It is one of those old fashioned Casio watches in appearance, but is modern in its technology. I open up his calendar and my heart beats faster. As I suspected, he didn’t clear it before he gave it back. I know what he’s going to be doing and where he’s going to be doing it. This will give me an opportunity to try and talk him back into my life.


“Right, let’s set up a series of coincidences shall we? Not too many to be obvious of course!”


“Novotny! Open the door!” Brian’s voice booms up from my front garden. I am immediately worried and run down the stairs, yanking it open. “So…”


“What’s happened?! Is it Ben?!”


“What’s happened is that he’s free of the shackles that you put him in, and yes I am around because of Ben. Thank you for bringing it down for me!” Before I can register anything he snatches the watch out of my hand, puts it on the ground, and stamps it into smithereens.


“What the hell did you do that for?!” I bellow at him as his kicks the pieces around the garden.


“So he can go where he wants without the danger of you turning up.” He bites out around his ever present stinking cigar. “I understand that you know about his second phone?” I stiffen and say nothing. “Don’t bother asking for the number. He’s told his PA not to give you the it when you call...and call you will.”


“Since when do you speak for Ben?”


“I always have, you just never listened. As he’s not talking to you, I’m the only one that wants to speak to you about him now, just so I can tell you how much you’ve lost. After all, you said it yourself, I am a total asshole over kicking someone, especially you, when you’re down.”

 

Anger pumps through my veins, not only because of his assholiness, but because I know he is right! Nobody but nobody will talk to me about Ben, the only reason I knew about the outfit showing was because I happened to overhear Marilyn in the diner talking - or should I say whispering - with Emmett.


“So what stupendously stupid plans do you have for this evening?”


“I do not have stupid plans. I use my time constructively, and…”


“So you’re going to be wanking, got it. Well, I’ll leave you to it, need to rinse my brain anyway!”


DAPH’S HOUSE - AN HOUR LATER


DEN


DAPH


I shouldn't laugh, but he looks so indignantly frustrated it is just so funny! He is actually throwing his hands up in the air and swearing like a sailor because his boyfriend wants to wait for the right time…


“...the right time! How time right is right?!” He seethes.


“You have now queened into gibberish, what you just said doesn’t make grammatical sense, but I get the gist. Justin, have you considered actually asking him what the problem is? I mean with having sex with you…”


“What the heck is that supposed to mean?!”


“Don’t go nuclear!” Chris chides him. “Daph has a point. You’ve gotten each other off, right?”


“We’ve gotten handsy, well he’s gotten handsy with me and talked absolutely pure delicious pornworthy filth at me, but…”


“Have you actually seen him naked?” I frown as I remember their tales of lust,  and at no point is Brian naked or even semi undressed.


“Uh…”


“When you saw him in the hospital, can you remember what he was like? I mean physically?”


“He was really thin.” He thinks for a few minutes and then bows his head in frustration. “I mean, he’s said he’s been waiting for me, stop waiting already! I have…”


“I do believe he wants it to be special for him. With you.” I interrupt his over wrought hand wringing with a cold dash of logic.


“You mean he wants...he wants me to...oh my freaking frigging god!” He screams and sits down so quickly he misses the sofa entirely. “Ow my fucking coccyx!!”


“As long as it’s not your cock, you will be fine. Now be quiet and calm down! Think like he is, and ease back on the circling like a hawk! Yes, he’s this great Stud and Fuck of Liberty Avenue, but he’s your virginal boyfriend right now and you are coming on just a little too strong.” Chris and I have discussed this, and we both think the same.


“But…”


“Too strong. Yes, he’s flattered, and who wouldn't want to reduce a nympho like you to a puddle of post orgasmic bliss after taking his dick out of your ass, but you…”


“Why did you ask about the hospital?” He is still rubbing said ass.


“Because you have only seen him like that, remember? He’s gotten the double edge of having sex when he is in love for the first time and you seeing him for the first time. I still can’t believe you never once peeked!” He stops rubbing his ass and looks rueful. “You did! You peeked!”


“Not peeked, his towel slipped when they were giving him a bed bath and it happened to be in my eyeline.”


“Annnnd.”


“A gentlemen…”


”An arooga then?” Chris smirks.


“To say the least.” He mumbles, and pulls his phone out of his pocket. We exchange knowing looks, we do believe he’s finally got it. “I am a horny 21 year old virgin, this ends tonight!”


Or maybe not!


BRIAN’S LOFT - FORTY MINUTES LATER


BRIAN


“You pissed or proud?” I look up from watching the light glint off the lighter as I twirl it.


“A bit of both.” Emmett replies as he polishes my shoes, which I said I would do but he insisted. “Proud of you for standing up for him, but pissed that, yet again, you had to.” I stop twirling entirely as he comes and sits next to me. “Stop fighting Michael for Ben. He has to fight these battles, and you know there will be more.”


“Hmmm. He does fight back, I mean he dumped him…”


“Brian.” He sighs, and I know what is coming. “He should never have taken him back after what he said, and should have dumped way before now after that. He was an asshole to you and he knows that.”


“Michael has always been an asshole…”


“Not him, Ben. Ben’s the asshole. Even after you got shot, and after many a border crossing bitching remark, he still didn't bite the bullet and...oh sorry!”


“Don’t be. You're the only one who keeps me normal. Like before. So continue.”


“Oh, okay then! Debs was the excuse not the reason, and he should’ve told Michael the reason.”


“And what reason is that?” Ben’s voice makes us both jump but he doesn't sound angry, just confused and relieved.


BEN


“You don’t love him, let alone like him anymore. He’s not good enough for you. You find his jealousy and possessiveness, which are not the same thing, hellish and…”


“All of the above and more. And you are right, I was an asshole to my best friend and a coward.”


“But no more, right? You would call Brian out on his shit, and you don’t get to fuck him for sticking to good behaviour! He got it by not doing as he was asked, sorry, as was expected of a decent human being. By the way, what was he like? Did you ever let him top you?”


“If he has, you and I will have to review our friendship.” Brian growls.


“Nope, never. For a gay guy he is remarkably squeamish about pitching.” Brian, despite never been on the field, twists his lip in annoyance. “There were times when I almost caved and…”


“Got it elsewhere?” Ems suggests, and I nod. “Why didn’t you, apart from the moral aspect?”


“This I want to hear.”


“Because of you, Brian.” This takes him aback. “You are the Stud, always have been and always will be, but you never cheated. You ended stuff to get what you really wanted. And the itch to bottom would fade, and…”


“So would your courage?” He takes a sip of his beer. “But that’s it, there is no going back. I didn't make that grandstanding smackdown and break the watch for you to go back?”


“Grandstanding smack...watch? Okay, what now?” I start to smile.


“He didn't know.” He looks at Emmett whose jaw drops open. “And I have always hated that pig ugly watch. It looked like it came from a druggie’s Christmas box.” He reaches under the table and pulls out another  box. “It’s three years, no, two years old, but he, for once, beat me to the punch and I wouldn't put you on the spot and make you choose.”


“Hold up, rewind!” Emmett orders stopping me from taking the box. “Are you saying that Michael got him that watch knowing you got him one as well?”


He shrugs. “Can’t have been coincidence that I had mentioned getting one for your birthday and you got one for your anniversary, which was sooner. He put you on the spot and demanded that you promise to never take it off, well only if you two were over….which he never expected to happen.”


“Well that beat him in his petard, didn’t it? Now come along, we have to get ready.” He hands me the box. “Wear it with, and act like you have, P&C. That’s pride and courage.”


“From now on I will, and Brian, I am…”


“Sorry is bullshit, but to make it up to me, you can help me with something.”


“Justin wants to move onto the next stage, and you’re all about the waiting because you think you won’t last? You want to put him off without hurting his ego or looking like a virgin groom?”


“Yep.” He goes slightly pink and Emmett almost sits down on his shoes!


“Why didn’t you just say that?” I step aside to reveal Justin looking somewhat embarrassed in the open doorway.


BRIAN


“How long have you been there?” He walks inside and pulls the door shut.


“From when Ben came in. Why didn’t you just say?”


“You are a spoilt, horny, very sexy 21 year old virgin who wants to get laid! You weren’t listening to what I was…”


“I said I was spoilt, you should’ve just said you wanted to wait!”


“You weren’t listening. Remember when I came around last Sunday? You were naked to open the door! I could've been…”


“I knew it was you!”


“Still not listening. it was like trying to herd cats while pushing them uphill!” I smile down at him and the uncertainty starts to clear from his face. “The weekend, okay? Can you keep a lid on it until then? Try a slow build, we're gonna get there, there is no race. We want to cum together as well as apart.”


“Okay, here’s what’s going to happen: I am taking Benjamin here to get him strip waxed, buffed, and shined, and you two go furkle. Specifically, let him furkle for nuts!”


“Furkle?” Ben snickers.


“It means to forage or fumble about. And by that, I mean inside your pants!” Ems leers. “It’s only polite for him to get a feel for you.”


“I spend too much time talking to you.” I grumble, then sit down and spread my legs. “You don't get to watch!” I remark pointedly.


“Shame!” Ems cackles, and quickly gathers our suit bags while Ben grabs everything else.


Now it is just the two of us and he is still standing where I left him.


“Justin?” I prompt, and he stands between my legs before lowering his head to kiss me. “By the way, I know you peeked.” I murmur against those soft moist lips.


“Eidetic memory?” He murmurs as he slides down my body and unbuckles my belt.


“Uh huh.” I gaze at him when he gasps and blinks rapidly. “You don’t remember it being that big?”


“Nu-uh.” He smiles lazily then licks his lips. “A furkling I will go!”


DINER - TWO HOURS LATER


MICHAEL


I am somewhat calmer after Brian’s bombastic and typical arsy stymying behaviour earlier. The door opening brings in his boyfriend, as if, and his friends. I lean back against the booth so they can’t see me, and they take the booth two down from me.


“So?!” Daphne is squealing.


“Bigger than I thought, felt, or remembered.” He replies and yawns.


What is he on about?!


“You best have something to buck you up. We have Drew Boyd on our table, remember?!” Chris shoves him in the shoulder and signals one of the busboys. I shrink back further. “Three espressos, please, and a plate of fries.”


“Fries? We’re going to be having a six course meal when we get there!” Justin exclaims. “Cancel the fries and can we have the espressos to go, please? Come on!”


Six courses?!


“We have just sat down, why are we going now?!” Daphne bitches.


“We're getting ready at ours. Brian, Ems and Ben are coming for the final once over before we go to Mercy’s to leave from there. She’s organised stretch Rolls for each of us!”


“How do you know this, apart from being with us and Brian at his loft, you've not seen Mercy.”


“Brian told me. Afterwards.”


Well he certainly didn’t waste time fraternising with the staff...like I said, not boyfriend!


“Oh, thanks.” He gives the busboy some money and waves them ahead of him. “I don’t suppose we can walk home?”


“No. You furkled, you reap the consequences.” Daphne calls over her shoulder, laughing. “Chris drove, now let’s boogie.”


I wait for them to leave and then follow them to his car. Poor Justin, Mercy is a very private person, she won't be happy when I tell her that he gave me her address.

Chapter End Notes:

Please be constructive and kind. Thanks.