- Text Size +

CHAPTER 16 - GOING AND TALKING THAT EXTRA MILE?


DINER - SUNDAY MORNING


MICHAEL


I smile at Ben as he comes in and heads towards me. Ma and Uncle Victor look surprised but say nothing, they just watch. They aren’t as surprised as I was. I mean, I knew he would come back to me, but not that quickly.


“You look good.” I smile, and stand up to kiss him, but he sits down so I am puckering up to air. Uncle Victor smirks and blows me a kiss back!


“Thanks. Got your email. I told you I don’t like having my personal stuff on my work email…”


“You have blocked me, and…”


“We can be friends, eventually, and I appreciate your apology, but actions speak louder than words. You have some major ass kissing - that was a figure of speech - to do.”


“Ben…” I frown as he normally doesn’t talk over me, let alone to me like that. “I am sorry for a lot of things and I want to still be in your life by…” He looks at his watch then gets up. “...uh, where are you going?”


“Going to see George.” He heads to the counter. “Debs, Vic, are you well?”


“Yes, thanks. So did you watch the game?”


“I knew that should’ve gone to the answering machine.” I can see him blushing. “As I said, he was just watching the game and I had my hands full.”


“Of what, one wonders?” Ma chuckles and then looks at him coyly.


“Nuts…”


“His or the ones in the shell?” He goes redder. “Oh, come on, this is me! You can't expect anything else!”


“True! They were in the shell, but give me a month…”


“A month? What for? Ben? Ben!” Ma shrieks as he walks out laughing. “Vic, you’re in charge!” She yells and rushes after him. I quickly gather my things but before I can get two steps, I watch Uncle Victor’s face light up as a guy comes in and he gestures to the office.


“Do you want a coffee?”


“Please.” Whoever it is calls over his shoulder.


“Kiki, you are in charge!” Uncle Victor calls out and follows the guy. “It is very kind of you to help with this…” He says as he closes the door behind him


Now I am in a quandary, but I can find out about Uncle Victor later, I need to catch up with Ben now! I dash out, looking up and down the street before spotting them. Running up, I almost get there but a car pulls up and he gets in.


“Ben!” I yell just as he closes the door, Ma waves him off with that smile on her face she sometimes gets. “Ma, where is he going? And what was that about nuts?”


“Like he said, going to see George, and also, like he said, you need to kiss some ass….starting with Mercy.”


“I texted her to say sorry for following the tweebs, I mean teens. That I should not have done...shall we head back now?”


“Yeah I guess.” We walk in silence for a minute or two. “So what did she say, did she accept?”


“My apology? She never replied, but I will just have to wait I guess.” There must be an angel on my shoulder, because at that second she replies with...accepted. But do it again and the head slap you will cop will be most unfortunate! “What did I tell you? Mercy always forgives. It takes her some time to get over her sulk, but she always forgives.”


“We will see, won’t we?” She replies as she opens the door to the Diner. “Where’s Vic?” She calls out to Kiki.


“In the office with a man.” I reply with a smirk, and she bites immediately by heading straight for the door. “Wait, Ma, maybe they don’t want to be disturbed!” I protest.


“It is my office too, just going to get some paperwork!” She knocks and goes straight in. “Oh my God! It can’t be?!”


“Who is it, Ma?! What’s wrong?!” I stride in and she is looking at the man sitting in the chair. “Who is this guy?! And why have you upset my mother so much?!” I put my arm around her shoulders but I am surprised and slightly embarrassed when she shrugs it off.


“Michael, stop being a Nosy Neanderthal! What she is shrieking about is not because of the guy but because of the thing in front of me, and thank you for ruining her surprise!”


“Oh Vic, you really shouldn’t have, but I can’t pretend that I haven’t seen them…” She trails off looking hopeful. “...why have you got this for me?”


“Yes, especially since you have all the Gucci treats?” I point out.


“Which no matter how much you pout, hint, or search, you are not getting any of!” Uncle Victor barks like some rabid dog; seems he’s still pissed at me.


“So I’m…”


“Leaving so that this can be wrapped up and in peace!” He retorts. “Debs, sit down and let me explain and introduce...” He glares at me and so I smile sweetly but close the door sharply. As I step away I can hear them laughing, I am tempted to go back in, but then I spot an old friend of mine and see if I can catch him up.


THE LOFT


BEDROOM


JUSTIN


He's giving me love bites on my inner thighs, said he will stop if I try and close them. I groan as he nibbles his way up my left leg, not because of what he is doing, but because my vision is blurry, although I can make out the top of his head. The reason my vision is blurry is, I realise, because I still have my contacts in and now they are beginning to sting.


“Brian...need to get up my eyes hurt!”


“Yours eyes hurt…” He looks up. “...Christ, they are red. Come on.”


Five minutes later, the drops are doing their thing and he is setting the shower.


“Am I going home now?” I frown but he smiles seductively and shakes his head. “Then why…?”


“Cleanliness is next to godliness. And by God, when I get you clean you are going to be screaming to the heavens, now come here.”


DINER - TEN MINUTES LATER


LINDSAY


I have to admit, I wouldn’t have thought he would hang around here. Not a person of his society breeding, but maybe this is where he gets his inspiration. I smile at the redhead in the colourful tee and she smiles a little tearfully back.


“Is everything okay?” I frown.


“Oh yes, honey, all is good. Happy tears. Now what can I get you?”


“Thanks, uh, Debbie, can I have an espresso and a bacon and egg sandwich on brown, please?” She nods and heads back to the counter and I pull out Variety and sigh. On the front cover is a shot of the dinner, while I am there, just, it is the group shot just to the left that is causing my heartburn. It is Mel’s table, and they are all raising their glasses, I think it was just after the announcement. The perfect, as they say, money shot.


“Here's your espresso. And call me Debs. Sandwich will be ten minutes.” I gasp as she puts it down, as she is wearing one of the bracelets from the gift bag, she smiles and then taps the magazine.


“She gave it to me.”


“Mercedes did? How do you know her?” I am skeptical and look around the place once more.


“Known her since she was yay high. Used to go to school with my son. You know her?”


“Yes, we’re in the same industry…”


“You’re in films too?! Anything I would've seen?” She sits down eagerly.


“Like Mercy, I am more behind the scenes. Lindsay, Lindsay Peterson.” I put my hand out and she reciprocates. “And it looks like Mercy and I will have a friendly rivalry, I am in pre-production like she is. If the timing works, we could release at the same time.”


“Ma, have you three finished your cloak and dagger stuff now? Just need to use the printer...oh, who is this?”


“The office is free now and this is Lindsay, sorry did you say Peakerson? The clatter swallowed that up.”


“Peterson.” I almost huff but she does have a point. I rub my temple and then realise they are both looking at me. “Sorry, did you ask me something?” I gesture around and while he nods she shrugs.


“So, Lindsay knows Mercy. Were you at the bash last week? Was it as fun as it looked?”


“Bash? You can hardly call that a bash!” He scoffs and sits down. “Michael, I am Mercy’s childhood best friend, how long have you known her?”


“Of her since the Oscar win. For someone to have that skill and untrained...but personally a few years. Such a shame about her parents. You must have been a tower of strength, being her best friend and everything. Such a lot for her to cope with being an only child.”


Debbie has a funny expression on her face. “Yes, Michael, do tell us how much you were there for her during such a traumatic time.”


“Ma, you know that Mercy doesn’t like me to speak of that.” He almost snarls, but it’s his embarrassed expression that piques my interest. I am a good reader of people, and there is just something odd about him. “I am glad she took that break, working as hard as she did, building up her client list and becoming the go-to talent scout and now film producer that she is.”


“Yeah, she was in danger of burnout with all that expectation on her, which is why she came home five years ago.” Debs sighs and I catch the flash of annoyance on his face.


“It is beautiful. An oasis of calm and tranquility. I hear it is based on the house that they lived in while she was in London.


“It is. So beautiful.” Debs smiles fondly. “And so quiet, for something so big.”


“Do you have a picture of it?” I ask.


“Hmm let me see…”


“Debs, order up!”


“One sec!” She puts her phone down and heads to the hatch. I say nothing as he picks it up and his eyes widen. Looking over his shoulder, he quickly taps the screen and puts it back down. “There you go. Michael, I thought you wanted to use the printer?”


“Oh yes, I do. Well, nice to meet you, Lindsay, I shall tell Mercy you came in and…”


“Oh it is not Mercy I was after, I know where to find her…” Another pinched look. “I am looking for Justin Taylor. I took his number at the dinner and seem to have punched it in wrong. We were supposed to be meeting today…”


He sits down and shakes his head. “Sorry to tell you this, but he’s a teenager, okay 21, and tends to lose his focus, especially now he has set his sights on Brian Kinney.”


“Michael, stop running your mouth down the path of none-of-your-business?!” An elderly man rebukes him as he pauses at the table; he glares before he hits the back of his head and walks off!


“What did you do to earn that slap?!” Debs demands after watching the chap leave. “Your Uncle does not hit for nothing.”


“Michael was just telling me about Justin and Brian, um, Kinney I think he said. How they are getting acquainted.”


“I bet he was!” She snaps and hauls him out of the seat. Before kicking him in the direction of the office, much to everyone’s amusement, especially mine, I do like to get other people in trouble! “What was I doing?” She frowns.


“Going to show me the picture of Mercy’s house.” I dab my mouth. “But don’t worry, I can get it off Michael. Think he sent it to himself while you were at the hatch.”


“Oh did he indeed!” She growls, and stalks to the office.


Like I said, I love getting people in trouble!


CORNER TABLE, BACK OF THE DINER


MARILYN


She eats with refinement, but her river of nasty runs deep. I had turned the cards this morning after my disquieting night’s sleep, when I saw the entwined asps, I momentarily panicked, but then I turned over the eagle card and felt better. But I still feel unsettled by Lindsay Peterson, not for what she is planning, whatever that is, but for what someone has planned for her.


LOFT - TEN MINUTES LATER


BEDROOM


JUSTIN


I thought I was going to prune up in there! But now, finally, we are going to make love!


“Put your legs on my shoulders.” As I lift them he strokes my calves. “Ready?”


“Yes!” I plead, and then squirm away from his touch. “It's warm…”


“It will get hotter.” He purrs, and pushes his finger all the way in, and that is followed by another, then another.


“Oh! Ummm!” My pelvis lifts and I try to spread my legs without them falling off his shoulders, he smiles. “Please, Brian.” I whisper.


“Sssh. I got this. I need you to bear down, okay?” The warmth of his hips against my thighs has me almost drawing blood I am biting so hard, the feel of the head of his cock sends my heartbeat soaring. I bear down and then he leans down to kiss me. One breathless minute later, we are staring and smiling. “So tight.”


“So big.” I murmur.


“Will you remember this?!” He groans as he starts to thrust.


“Always!” I cry as he hits my spot for the first time. “Sweet Jesus feck Christ!”


“Like I said, you will be screaming!”

 

Twenty pleasure filled shuddering minutes later, I can't speak as my throat is sore, but not as wonderfully sore as my ass is!

Chapter End Notes:

Please be constructively kind. Thanks.