- Text Size +

CHAPTER 22 - A STITCH IN TIME AND COMING IN AND GOING OUT WITH A BANG


BRIAN’S JEEP - SAME TIME

 

JUSTIN

 

“Oh Christ!” I yelp as he makes me cum hard. “O...kay…!” I gasp out, and slowly he comes back into focus. “Did you?” I push the hair off my forehead and my question is answered as he shudders against me.

 

“Twice.” He mutters, then chuckles at my stunned expression.

 

“How did you manage that twice?!”

 

“I have a fantastic recovery period. Came when we were kissing and then again now.”

 

“I can make you cum by kissing you?” I am feeling a little smug.

 

“Yep, and that’s not the first time you’ve done it, just didn’t want you to get big-headed!” He licks at the pool of sweat that has gathered at the base of my throat then smiles lazily. “Your sternal notch tastes delicious…”

 

“Sternal what?” I slide my arms around his waist. He kisses my throat again and I get it. “So that’s what the dip is called?”

 

“Hmmm. I think we should really get up before we get a cramp.” He shifts off me and the cold air as he opens the door makes me shiver. “Or you get a chill. I am not a very good nursemaid.”

 

“You are also a terrible patient.” I slide out of the car and we quickly get in the front and turn up the heating. “A very impatient patient if I recall.”

 

“I don’t remember much about it...oh wait the stitches, now them I remember! Fuckers were supposed to be dissolvable, but they put the wrong ones in.”

 

“Yikes! Stitches, what stitches?” I frown at him.

 

“Under my arm, there was a deep cut.”

 

“Really? I don’t remember that! That day is ingrained in my memory.”

 

“Is it? I see.” He starts the jeep and we drive back in silence. When we get into the loft he goes to the cart and pours us each a drink. “Do...do you think that they can, your folks and their man, do you think they can?”

 

“I am sure of it. Whoever this was will have their ass handed to them!” I assert, and take the glass off him. “And speaking of asses, come here to me.”

 

EMERALD & PEARL - TEN MINUTES LATER

 

EMMETT

 

Caleb’s phone beeps and he frowns at the message but does nothing but put it back in his pocket.

 

“Jesus, Leda, how much did you order?!” Mercy exclaims as platter after platter comes over.

 

“Oh balls!” Leda laughs. “Am sending some over to the loft. Jambo, can you get a...oh great, thanks.” She takes the boxes from him and starts to load in the wings, lamb, corn and the curry. “Okay, that’s the hot done. Cold and desserts next. Chris, can you see how far into bizaay they have got?” He sniggers and heads back to the patio. We watch him smile and then head straight back. “For real, they haven't started yet?!”

 

“Got off in the jeep but then got to making out, seems his kiss is potent!”

 

“Lovely.” Ben intones dryly.

 

“So I am sending everything over now?” She signals one of the barman.

 

“No, I will drop it off.” Vic declares, standing up. “I have a nephew I want to have a word with, while I remember.”

 

“I will come with you to make sure he listens!” Debs grabs her jacket before bending down to kiss Ben’s cheek. “I didn’t bring him up like that and…” She stops and looks at the door then grins. “...but I am sure Mr Boyd will help ease the pain of his betrayal.”

 

The bar goes quieter as Drew strides to our area, tilts up Ben’s chin and drops a lingering kiss before Mercy moves seats to allow Drew to sit next to him.

 

“What are you doing here?” Ben blushes.

 

“What he means is it lovely to see you!” I correct swiftly with a smile.

 

“I was invited.”

 

“You were?” He looks around and we all shrug. “By who?”

 

“Brian of course.” Drew chuckles. “The moment he found out that Michael was going to gatecrash, he put in the call or three!”

 

“Three?” Debs frowns. “Why did he have to call you three times to come see this hunk of burning nut loving man meat?”

 

“Sis!” Vic exclaims, and Ben blushes more. “But do fill us in…”

 

“Once to ask, second to demand, and, finally, the third time he threatened.” He squeezes Ben’s thigh.

 

“Threatened you with what?” Deb starts to sit but Vic pulls her back up.

 

“Giving Michael my number!” He shudders. “Booked the next plane out, but have to go back at lunchtime tomorrow.”

 

“I am sure that Ben can make you break…”

 

“Sis, don’t we have a cheating son and nephew to eviscerate?!” Vic laughs, pulling her, protesting, to the door. “They will catch us up I’m sure, now come on!”

 

This time it is my phone that flashes and it is from Marilyn...all are perfectly aligned, everyone is in place. Time to move onto the next stage! Smiling on the inside, I sip my fizz then squeeze George's hand.

 

PETERSON/DIXON RESIDENCE - THIRTY MINUTES LATER

 

HALLWAY

 

LINDSAY

 

“I ask again, how did you find out where I would be?!”

 

James scoffs as he hangs up his coat. “You get loud when you crow. You wanted me to know where you were going, in the hopes that you could pull off your coup, or should I say epic failure. Not only does Justin not want you, but…”

 

“If I wanted your dubious company, I would have summoned you!” I stop myself from throwing the glass at his smug head. “But in showing up the way you did, it is you that has cut off all avenues to Justin for your miniscule cock.” His face falls. “Justin’s family, Brian Kinney and I have the resources to keep you away from him. I fully intend to help keep him protected and to have him in my debt for doing so…”

 

“And how are you going to do that? You may have the money, but I have the contacts! You are nothing without me…”

 

“Oh contraire, James, I have everything just the way I want it…” I sip again, amused by his stupidity. “...I have let your world know about your obsession with Justin Taylor and the fact that his family has had a restraining order against you. Oh, and I am divorcing you for that amongst other reasons…”

 

“You’ve done what?” He whispers angrily and approaches, but then stops and goes pale.

 

“Dawned hasn’t it?” I titter. “Only a man as dense and as fixated as you didn’t notice the, oh how can I describe it best, cockblocking you were experiencing.” I look behind him when the door knocks. “Answer the door, Jeeves!” I snap.

 

As he goes to open it, I go sit in the lounge, so we can finish our conversation such that it is!

 

“Are you kidding me with this shit?!” James explodes, storming in with Shelby right behind him, much to my surprise, but he doesn’t need to know that. “You are throwing me out now and moving her in?!”

 

“Yes. This is my house. Shelby and I have made up, well we will, she has more clout, I believe you called it, than you. And…”

 

“Lindsay, you are an utterly cold hearted and cold pussied bitch!” He screams, advancing a couple of steps, but is pulled back by Shelby. He shakes off her hand and breathes hard. “I am going to…”

 

“Get in your car, leave, and be grateful for the prenup?” I jeer, then drain my glass. He frowns in the face of my smirk. “Did you know there is a panic alarm in this place?”

 

“Panic alarm?!” He exclaims and looks around. “Where?”

 

“In a place where only the victim knows, which I will press if you don’t leave in the next twenty seconds.”

 

“I will be back, Lindsay, this is not over!” He yells before storming out.

 

“Pathetic. Men are so pathetic sometimes.” I watch him get in the car and drive away. “So, shall we go and make up?” I smile seductively at Shelby.

 

“No.”

 

This brings me up short. “No? Why not?”

 

“Because I don’t want to come back to you.” This time the malicious smile is directed at me. “I have exacted my revenge for the times you have used and hurt me.”

 

“So what are you doing here? I explained why I couldn’t take you to the dinner. I had asked her before…”

 

“You went on your own.” She cuts me off. “You tried to pull, as they say in England, Mirabelle Mercedes, or as she also known as Meredith Sykes. She lived up to her nickname of Mercy, as in she gave you none when she shot you down in flames.” I feel my cheeks heat at the memory. “I went anyway.”

 

“Went anyway where?”

 

“To the dinner, and you didn’t even notice. I was standing less than 10 feet away from you in my finest gear!” I gawk at her. “You only see a dowdy little mouse who can do things for you, well this little mouse roared back. I was all set to come back to you, thinking you had changed, but you hadn’t. He is right, you are cold hearted and cold pussied. I hope you remember the words…”

 

“What do you mean? Shelby, can we please…” I trail off as she waves a bottle of something at me.

 

“I always told you to keep a back up copy…catch!” She tosses it at me and then laughs as I fumble and it rolls under the chair.

 

It rolls further back as I scramble to reach it. I frown as cold air hits me, then rush through the open front door to stop her but she is already in her car.

 

“You’re not the only pussy or researcher I know! Believe me, I will destroy you!” I scream, but she merely roars with laughter and drives away.

 

Muttering obscenities, I stalk back into the lounge to retrieve the bottle, and at first I can’t make out the contents; then drop it in horror and run to my office, sweat breaking out all over me. With shaking hands, I find the keys to the drawer and scrabble inside for the box then sink to the floor when I open it. It is empty! I stagger back to the lounge and pick up the bottle and my worst fears are confirmed: inside is the destroyed remains of my precious USB, which has the only soft copy of the script on it!

 

I throw it across the room and try to think when she could’ve taken it. I shall have that cow arrested for theft and destruction of property! Then I remember, as she will, that I gave it to her to finesse as only she could. How she basked in my praise, now who is the fool...oh yes, that would be me! I had a party to get ready for, and to be honest while I have the vision, the minutiae of the putting the words onscreen is for someone else to do!

 

I try to rack my brains as to how to fix this, when my phone flashes and I am surprised to see a text from Michael, then remember his taunting words to Mercy.

 

“First to find the hard copy and replace one fool with another!” I heave a sigh of relief and head back to my office. “No, first to call an emergency locksmith and then do that!”

 

OUTSIDE THE LOFT - SAME TIME

 

VIC

 

I chuckle as I get in the car. “What happened?” Debs demands with a concerned frown.

 

“Relax, they weren’t hungry, but I left it with Justin.” I snicker. “Besides, I don’t think that Brian could get up from the sofa even if he wanted to. Off, yes, but up, not so much, well not all of him.” Her cackling bounces around the car. “So, come on, how are we going to tackle this?”

 

“Simple, tell him to apologise to Ben like he would do if Ben had done the dirty on him!”

 

“Is that all?!” I am stunned.

 

“Oh, and tell him about Drew Boyd of course!”

 

INSIDE THE LOFT - 10 MINUTES LATER

 

BRIAN

 

I am going cross eyed! I am pinned to the sofa by my pelvis and wrists as Justin slowly rises up and down on my cock. He feels like silk and such is the heat that I am crunching everything and thinking of girl parts to lessen the intensity. He swivels his ass on the downstroke and I almost bite through my tongue.

 

“Mmmm! Brian, feels so good!”

 

“How...oh how are you moving like that?!” I gasp as this time he swivels on the upstroke and I lift up to keep inside him.

 

“Dunno.” His eyes are lust blown.

 

“Kiss me!” I plead...yes, I am pleading!

 

Now my mouth and cock are enveloped in the same heat, and I start to lose control. My cries are swallowed down his throat as he alternates between plunges and swivels.

 

JUSTIN

 

I tighten my hold on his wrists, and my heart pounds. My cock is bouncing against our stomachs, and I know, I just know that nothing is going to top this one...nothing.

 

Tearing my mouth from his, I look into his unfocused eyes. “Cum now!” I order. He stiffens and his mouth drops open, but nothing comes out, not a sound, and slowly his eyes roll back then he goes still.

 

“Oh shitting hell!” I scream as it slams through me, then I feel like I am floating but force myself to remain upright. Slowly, the room comes into focus, and my breathing calms down. I smile down at his conked out body, then grin smugly at the smile on his face. I manoeuvre myself off him and totter to bathroom to clean  up, then do the same for him. As I rest his head in my lap, I remember what he said about the scar, and check his arm. It is there, but I can't remember how…

 

Start of flashback

ALLEYWAY JUST OFF LIBERTY AVENUE

 

JUSTIN

 

I stop playing and listen, I could've sworn I heard something. I look down the alley and see someone running. “That must have been…”

 

“Help…” A pained man’s voice calls out. “...someone help!”

 

I rush towards the rising figure. “What’s wrong?!”

 

“My arm...someone just…”

 

Suddenly there is a popping sound and he gasps, then another and my face stings as sharp stones hit me, again the pop but this time he slumps forward, toppling us back on the ground. He is still and silent. I feel wetness on my cheek. I gently roll us over, and then I see it; a hole just above his ear! I leap off him and rip off my jacket, pressing it against the wound at the back of his head, while shouting for help. Mercifully, I hear footsteps just as his eyes open.

 

“Stay awake!” I order. “We need an ambulance! And the police!” I shout at a couple of people. One of them looks down and gasps.

 

“Fuck, it’s Kinney! Kinney’s been shot! You heard the kid, start fucking calling! Let me in, kid! Kinney! Stay with us! We need the Stud, stay with us!” He looks up at me. “We have a pulse! Talk to him! Keep talking to him…”

End of flashback

 

“Hey.” He whispers as he tries to sit up, but I push him back down. “You okay, Justin? A tense look is not what should be on your face after that.”

 

“I need to call my dad…”

 

“Why?” This time he does sit up and turns my face to his. “Tell me.”

 

“You were stabbed once and shot three timee, but…”

 

“Three? But they only pulled two bullets. That much I know.”

 

“Because I think the third is still in the wall of the alley. Whoever shot you only hit you twice.”

 

An hour later we are under the sheets curled around each other, having had separate showers. “What did he say?” He breathes against my neck.

 

“Carl will be in the Pitts by the end of next week.” I snicker as his stomach grumbles. “Vic left some food, wanna eat?”

 

“Mmmm. Any idea what?”

 

“This is the list.” I reach for it and pass it back to him, he gasps and starts to count under his breath, which cause me to turn around and take it from him. “So, you want to start with the wings or the lamb?!”

 

“Get up and lie on the rug, because I am eating everything on that list off of you!”

 

MICHAEL'S HOUSE - SAME TIME

 

LOUNGE

 

MICHAEL

 

I don't  know how to describe how I feel right now; a mixture of fury, curious and elation! But I know why I feel the way I do. I am furious because Ma and Uncle Vic tore a strip off me, for, in their words, cheating on Ben, but I saw it as getting what I was due for having Brian constantly blight our relationship! Now the shoe is on the other foot. I wonder when he and Drew started; was it at the dinner? Well, whenever it was, he and Drew should be grateful that I have something else to focus my attention on, as should Mercy! She was so scornful and derisive over my comic, well, since Lindsay's hired me as her scriptwriter and will be doing my opus, as she called it, as a companion piece, we will see who has the last laugh!

 

FIFTEEN MILES FROM THE PETERSON/DIXON RESIDE - SAME TIME

 

EMT

 

“Guys, let's call it, he’s gone. Thankfully, just him. What was the reading?”

 

“Three times over.” The cop calls back. “We pulled him over and then he hightailed it after my partner whistled. We chased him for five miles before he wrapped it.”

 

“Shame, but Mother Nature will heal the tree. Do we have a name for the idiot?”

 

The cop rifles through the pockets until he finds a wallet. “Dixon. James Dixon.”









The List of food

Brown sugar and chilli chicken wings:

https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/brown-sugar-and-chilli-chicken-wings/

Corn on the cob with roasted garlic & herb butter:

https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/corn-on-the-cob-with-roasted-garlic-herb-butter/

Tomato and basil pesto focaccia:

https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/tomato-and-basil-pesto-focaccia/

Soda bread rolls: https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/soda-bread-rolls/

Spiced lamb cutlets with rice and spinach salad:

https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/spiced-lamb-cutlets-with-rice-and-spinach-salad/

Vietnamese herb salad with tamarind and honey glazed beef:

https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/vietnamese-herb-salad-with-tamarind-and-honey-glazed-beef/

Beef fillet and madeira bearnaise open sandwiches:

https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/beef-fillet-and-madeira-bearnaise-open-sandwiches/

Thai yellow fish curry: https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/thai-yellow-fish-curry/

Sea bass ceviche with avocado:

https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/sea-bass-ceviche-avocado/

Frangelico chocolate hazelnut tart:

https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/frangelico-chocolate-hazelnut-tart/

Peach bellini pannacotta:

https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/peach-bellini-pannacotta/

Melon and gin granita with fennel biscuits:

https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/melon-and-gin-granita-with-fennel-biscuits/




 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks.