- Text Size +

CHAPTER 24 - AN UNHAPPY AND VERY HAPPY RECONNECT

 

BEN’S HOUSE - MORNING, TWO DAYS LATER

 

MICHAEL

 

“Outrageous!” I bellow at the closed door. “We’ve barely broken up, and….” I stop as the door is opened again and Drew Boyd is glaring at me. “...I want to speak to Ben!”

 

“Sleeping. Seems he's plum fuckered out. Any message? You know, like ‘sorry for cheating on you’?”

 

“I refuse to take part in that conversation with you. Tell Ben to call around to see me when he has recovered his…”

 

“I am not going to come around.” Ben pulls the door open, and the stink of their recent tryst invades my nostrils. I look at them with disgust.

 

“At least you are dressed. That’s some….

 

“I find it odd…” Boyd talks over me, which I despise with a passion, Ben smirks, which makes it rankle event more. “...that a man who fucked around is so prudish!”

 

“I am not prudish! I have a sense of decorum, and…”

 

“And hypocrisy, let's not forget that.” Ben glowers at me. “Now go or I will call the pol…” He stares behind me, so I turn around and am surprised to see Barney coming up the path. “...you’ve made up then?!”

 

“Made up?” Barney queries, frowning, and then looks briefly at me. “Oh, I see. No, not made up, not going to either. I wanted to talk to you about that amongst other things, but can come back…”

 

“What do we have to talk about? And especially about that!” Ben sneers.

 

“Please, can we talk?” Barney asks, and the scowl on Ben’s face deepens. “I got a call from Carl. I want to help too, but can't if that's going to have you holding out on me.”

 

“He has a point.” Boyd gently pushes Ben back. “Let him in. If nothing else, you will exorcise the rebarbative ghost.”

 

“Uh, I get that he is pissed at me, but rebarbative is a bit much, since I haven't done anything to you.”

 

“He’s right, Mr Boyd, calling him repellent, even in an archaic way, is uncalled for.”

 

“I was talking about you, Novotny.” Boyd gestures Barney in and I go to follow. “And I will stop you from coming any further, I don't just throw balls…”

 

“I know I am not in a position to make demands, but can he come in? It saves him camping outside of mine while constantly calling to ask me what I said.”

 

“True. Kitchen.” Ben leads us in. “No, there won't be refreshments, get on with it.”

 

“Well…”

 

“I have heard more than enough from you, Michael. So, Barney Rubber, you wanted to talk…”

 

BEN

 

“I didn't come on to him…” Barney states. “...he did all the chasing. I was kind of flattered, and not because he is some looker. Far from it. He is passably attractive in the right light, but let's face it; everyone likes to be desired and he was determined to be fucked by me because he couldn't get the real thing…”

 

“Real thing?” I echo and watch the colour start to drain out of Michael's face.

 

“Yeah. Even if he wasn't with you, he knew he wouldn't have gone near him.”

 

“Who him?” Drew smirks, clearly he has cottoned on quicker than me.

 

Barney looks between Michael and I, then he too smirks. “You really saw it as hatred, didn't you? I mean, yeah from Brian, it definitely was, but Michael likes Brian and since he and I operate the same…”

 

“Likes Brian? As in that?!” I gasp and almost call Brian to tell him, but he’s telling Justin off in his own sweet way…

 

LOFT - SAME TIME

 

BATHROOM

 

JUSTIN

 

I look glassy eyed at him. He has been stop starting, just using his mouth and hands, for two hours; I am exhausted and desperate for release!

 

“So you will snoop again won't you?” He slides up and whispers against my slack mouth, I just nod. “Well, when you do, know that this will not be your punishment…” I try to focus my eyes. “...it will be a spanking. In front of Chris and Daphne. On your bare ass.” My heart pounds. “Now cum.”

 

I slide down to the floor ending up in a shaking and whimpering heap after I explode.

 

BEN’S HOUSE

 

BEN

 

“Yep. Like that…”

 

“Barnabus! How could you?!” He exclaims.

 

“And we had a threeway, a disappointing one, the guy could not leave fast enough!”

 

“Barnabus! Why did you…”

 

“What? I want there to be full disclosure since he and I are going to be working so very closely together. Oh, the exercise regime, for the film I mean, how much are you hoping to bulk him up? Need a start drawing point. So now you have to get lost, Michael.”

 

“I don’t need to eavesdrop on what is most likely going to be a far inferior product than what Lindsay and I are embarking on.” He looks meaningfully at us but we say nothing. “Well, aren’t you curious? I bet you haven’t even started the music score yet!” Again he is greeted with silence. It is only broken when his phone rings. “Ah, Lindsay, how are you? Actually, let me take this outside, don’t want anyone to steal our ideas…”

 

“Since you haven’t had an original thought since you were seemingly eleven over anything filmic, there is no danger of that!” I taunt him. “I wonder though, did you show it to Mercy’s dad? What was his reaction to the great, now what was it she called it? Oh yes, dirge?”

 

He looks like he’s sipping vinegar, so tightly are his lips pursed. “He said it could do with finessing, but he…”

 

“Refused to have anything to do with it.” He gasps. “Also, her dad told her that it was beneath her and she should not encourage you in this futility” I pull myself up, finally able to hit him, without screaming and sulking repercussions where it hurts him most: his precious comic. “You were one of the reasons they moved too. He was sick to the back teeth, they all were, of you constantly coming around and bothering them like some rabid bee around honey!”

 

“If you think your jealous and bitter lies are going to affect me, or my friendship, well best friendship, with Mercy you are wrong. This filming is a friendly rivalry, our friendship will thrive and...what? What is so funny, Benjamin?!”

 

“Newsflash, Michael; Mercy, Brian and I, in fact pretty much everyone who was at Emerald & Pearl either hate, are revolted or are disappointed with you. Now one more time get lost!”

 

MICHAEL’S HOUSE - EARLY EVENING

 

HALLWAY

 

MICHAEL

 

I can’t believe that Lindsay refused to retract the offer to him and now he has found his way to my door.

 

“I don't want there to be any awkwardness alright? Let the past be the past, and we move on.”

 

“Agreed.” I reply stiffly, and gesture towards the front door. “So we will see you tomorrow at 10.00?”

 

“Yes, have you got the panels and an idea of the type of music you want?”

 

“You are the self proclaimed great maestro. When you see my work tomorrow, I am sure it will come to you! Now, I have things to, I don't have time to deal with you!” I stalk to the door.

 

“And speaking of the time, I want my watch back. The last place I saw it was in the hotel, with you and your side-screw.”

 

“Fine! I will get it for you. Goodnight, Mr Gold!” I wrench the door open and slam it after him. Sighing and smarting from his words earlier, I head to the lounge to dial Barnabus’s number; I am surprised when he answers. “So, you aren't one of the hateful revolters that are disappointed?” I drop my voice an octave, which I know he loved. “No, I am not coming down with a cold!” I fume at his fecklessness towards my feelings, after Ben’s drubbing earlier. “The reason I am calling is the watch I gave you, I want it back...what do you mean you can’t? You seriously gave that as collateral?! But that was a...fine, I will get it off Mercy then!”

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks