- Text Size +

 

The Mark Of A Man



After an intense work day the lovers needed to unwind so they changed their clothse ate a quick dinner and went to Babylon.  Being midweek the crowd was small but it really didn’t matter. The lovers had eyes only for each other. As they danced Brian nipped and sucked at Justin’s neck.  Justin so in the zone with the music paid little attention as Brian repeatedly paid homage to Justin’s delectable neck.



When the lovers got home they showered and prepared for bed…


“Oh fuck Bri”

“What Baby?”

“Don’t what Baby me, look at what you did”

“What?”

“As if you didn’t know”



Brian really had no idea so he went to see what Justin was complaining about.  The bruises on Justin’s neck were starting to emerge. Justin stood staring at his neck in the mirror and cursed.



“Baby its really not that bad”

“Not that bad are you nuts I look like I’ve been attacked by a gang of vampires!”



Brian stifled a laugh.



“Don’t you dare laugh at me; shit what am I going to do?”

“Well its cold out, just wear a turtleneck”

“At lunchtime you’re taking me shopping”

“Why?”

“You did this to me and I only have two turtlenecks; better yet you can go by yourself you know my size”

“Mmm yes I do”

“Stop that”

“Ok I’m sorry, I promise I’ll by you more sweaters”

“And don’t you dare send Cynthia cuz I’ll tell her and she wont go for you”

“Brat”

“Asshole”

“Come here Baby let me kiss it and make it better”

“No, you’ll probably make it worse as it is I’ll be bruised for a week”

“You’re a man you can take it.”

Oh yeah what if it were you?”

“Never happen but if it did I’d take it like a man; it wouldn’t bother me after all I’m yours aren’t I”

“Yeah but then the whole world would know”

“I think it already does; come on bed”

“Humph”



As the lovers snuggled Brian leaned in to give Justin a kiss and then he licked the bruises.



“No Brian please”

“Shhh Baby I promise no more marks just kisses”



The warm breath on Justin’s neck made him turn slightly to give his lover more access and true to his word Brian only kissed and licked the bruises.  Then he proceeded to kiss and lick his way all over Justin’s body to properly apologize. When done the lovers were sated and fast asleep in each other’s arms.



The next morning Justin found a turtleneck with a high collar.  He mumbled curses as he put it on. The static made his fine hair stand on end and it was so tight he felt like he was choking.  Brian controlled himself and stifled his laugh.



“Brian I look awful”

“No you don’t”

“Liar”

“Just fix your hair and you’ll be fine and it is cold outside”

“Yeah outside but in the Art Dept. under all the lights I usually wind up half naked by the end of the day”



This revelation was new to Brian and he raised an eyebrow.



“Maybe we can turn down the heat”

“That’ll be a first”



Ignoring the last comment Brian said, “come on let’s go”, but thinking to himself this is not going to be a good day.



Most of the morning went well.  Brian had meetings with a few clients and Justin was busy with the artists and draftsmen.  After his last meeting Brian went to check on the latest work for their newest client. When he got to the Art Dept…



“Hey Sunshine, holy shit!”



Justin had removed his turtleneck leaving only a white wife beater.  To Brian he looked so hot but the bruises on Justin’s neck stood out like beacons.  Justin being so engrossed in his work had forgotten the reason why he wore the turtleneck.  His co-workers discreetly ignored the hickies. With Brian’s arrival and obvious exclamation Justin turned beet red, grabbed his shirt and stormed out in a flurry of curses.  He kicked every trashcan on his way back to his office. Brian could only follow his angry partner. Also following but at a safe distance was their staff.



Those who worked for Brian and Justin were fiercely loyal.  They knew the partners as fair and generous employers who worked hard, played hard and fought hard.  There was never a dull moment at the office even when quiet.



When Justin got to the office he continued his tirade.  Brian grew annoyed at the childish outburst and started his own heated response.  They stood in front of Cynthia’s desk yelling and cursing at each other then they turned, each man went into his own office with a wall shaking slam of their doors.



“Asshole/Brat”



At the door of the outer office the staff assembled awaiting the outcome of the ‘spat’.  Cynthia could hear Brian pacing, throwing papers and slamming drawers. Justin kept kicking the metal trashcan all over his office.



After a few minutes it got quiet.  Cynthia crept to Brian’s door and cracked it open.  She saw Brian gently knock at the door that connected the two offices and slowly opened it.



“I’m sorry Baby, please forgive me”



Brian stood looking very contrite and remorseful.  In a flash a blond tornado flew out of the adjoining office and straight into Brian’s arms.  The partners hugged and kissed.



Cynthia closed Brian’s door and gave the thumbs up to the waiting staff who with a collective sigh and some scattered clapping went back to work relieved and happy.  Cynthia’s intercom buzzed and before Brian could speak she said, “I know hold all calls”. Then she heard the distinctive giggles of her blond boss. By the end of the day life at the agency returned to normal.



Saturday night found our beloved pair again having fun at Babylon.  Brian had a bit too much fun so Justin drove them home. Brian flopped on to the bed and grabbed at his lover…



“Fuck me Baby”



Justin growled low and sexy.  He gave Brian the ride of his life.  Taking full advantage of Brian’s slightly inebriated state Justin was able to play out a few of his fantasies.  Brian denied his baby nothing. When the lovers finally got out of bed it was late Sunday afternoon having absolutely nothing to do but to read the paper and spend a lazy day together.



Monday morning Justin arose early he planned to do some studio time before heading to the office.  Leaving a note for Brian he left the loft before Brian got out of bed. When Justin made it to the office he went directly to the Art Dept. and plunged into work.  After a while he realized the usually chatty artists were all a bit subdued. He was puzzled…



“What’s going I on, did I miss something important?”

“Uh Justin?”

“Yeah Tim”

“Um did you see Brian today?”

“Not really he was still asleep when I left this morning and I came directly here, why?”

“Oh oh”

Huh?”



All of a sudden it got very quiet, more quiet.



“Justin”

“Hi Bri…”



Brian stood at the door not looking pleased.  Justin broke out in giggles.



“Not funny Justin”

---belly laughes---

“Justin do you have a moment I’d like to speak with you in my office”

“Of course Brian”



As Justin went for the door Brian stepped aside to allow him to go first.  Justin quickened his pace and then sprinted to their office with Brian close at his heels.  The staff followed at a safe distance. Justin streaked past Cynthia to his office and slammed the door.  Cynthia heard the lock click.



“Come back here you little twat!”



Again belly laughs.  When Brian realized Justin locked the door he went into his own office and tried the connecting door.  Finding that door locked as well Brian began pounding on it.



“Get out here now!”  

---more laughter---

“I swear Justin I’ll get you for this”

“Whatever happened to taking it like a man”, Justin said through the door accompanied by more giggles.  Brian grumbled but then calmed himself. Justin opened the door and faced his partner.



“Baby it’s not the marks on my neck but I didn’t have anything to wear”

“I can see that”

“Well I had to borrow one of your turtlenecks”

“Brian we’re hardly the same size”

“Tell me about it I had to keep my jacket on all day I’m sweating like a pig and I feel so silly”

“Actually Bri you don’t look so bad its kinda sexy”

“Oh really”

“Uh huh”, Justin purred into Brian’s ear.

“Oh yeah well look”



Brian stepped back and took off his jacket.  The ends of the sleeves barely covered his forearms and his belly was peeping out.  Justin couldn’t help but crack up. Brian suddenly lunged making Justin jump back and trip over a chair.  As he stumbled back he made a grab for Brian’s arm. Justin landed hard on his plump ass taking Brian with him.  The partners sat in a heap on the floor. After the shock wore off they both started to laugh.



Cynthia burst in upon hearing the crash and saw her bosses on the floor laughing so hard that they couldn’t get up.  She shook her head and walked out. The awaiting staff got the thumbs up as Cynthia waited for the intercom to buzz. Instead the door opened and Justin led Brian out.



“Cynthia I’m taking the old man shopping he needs some new turtlenecks”

“Justin”, Brian started to whine.

“Come on Bri just take it like a man---giggle”

---snort---









Sabina

12/4/03