- Text Size +

 

Net Friends

Chapter 8

Justin rolled over and snuggled against the furnace lying next to him. Brian always gave off so much heat. He seemed to be possessed of this internal fire that stoked his sexual urges but also made him a great bedmate on a cold night.

Brian's arm came over him automatically, protecting and keeping him close. Justin sighed in absolute paradise. The first rays of dawn were seeping through the drapes so it must still be early. Justin yawned and wondered if he would be able to go back to sleep.

After they came back from Babylon, Brian had been insatiable … and so had he if he was honest. Brian had taken what seemed like hours to get those damn leather pants off him, the whole time driving Justin crazy with his lips and tongue and fingers. By the time he finally pulled the pants off Justin's feet they had sucked and fucked at least twice. Those leather pants needed to be used sparingly, but they sure as shit were worth it.

Justin gingerly felt his ass. It had that after sex sting that proved they had had one hell of a workout. He'd have to sit carefully today. He hoped he didn't walk bowlegged. He smiled at the thought.

"What are you grinning about?" Brian asked.

"I was just reliving some of last night's highlights."

"Were you now?"

"Uh huh."

"And were they as good the second time around?"

"Better!"

"They say you only remember the good things," Brian said philosophically.

"There was nothing but good things," Justin declared.

"We could have some instant replays," Brian suggested.

"I thought maybe I should get some more sleep."

"You turning me down?"

"Never."

"Good."

Brian rolled over, his body covering Justin and trapping the boy beneath him. His hands wandered all over Justin's body finding all the places that Justin loved to be touched. His lips weren't far behind. In a matter of minutes he had both of them worked into a frenzy once again. As Brian fucked him for the millionth time Justin cried out his love for this man. He would always want Brian even if he was an asshole sometimes. Even when Brian refused to reciprocate his love, even when Brian replaced him with a casual fuck, it never made Justin stop loving him, wanting him, needing him. Christ, he was fucked well and truly in every sense of that word.

When they were done, Justin couldn't resist wrapping himself in Brian's arms. For once the man didn't object. He held Justin close. They were quiet for awhile.

"I wonder what happened to Rue last night." Justin asked after a bit.

"If he was lucky he got his brains fucked out."

Justin chuckled. "I'm not sure I want to think about that. I just wondered if he got back to the motel all right."

"Maybe he spent the night with his new 'boyfriend'," Brian said mockingly.

"I don't want him to get hurt."

"What he's looking for, it goes with the territory."

"Probably, but not always. Look at us."

"You got hurt … in more ways than one. You can't always protect people. It's part of life."

"I know, but you can try," Justin said thoughtfully knowing how Brian always tried to protect him. "What did you think of Rue?"

"Not much."

"What does that mean?"

"It means he wasn't much to look at or think about. I guess he's all right, but I hardly saw enough of him to make a judgment."

"That's a crock of shit!"

"Why? He disappeared after about two minutes."

"You make instantaneous judgments about people all the time, and they're usually right."

"Jesus, are you actually giving me credit for knowing something?"

"Yes, asshole."

"I didn't like him."

"Why not?" Justin asked with a frown.

"Second sense. Can't explain it."

"Hm…"

"Is that all you're going to say?"

"Yep."

"Fine, let's shower and I'll buy you some breakfast."

"I should call Rue."

"No, you shouldn't. If he got lucky, he'll need his rest. If he didn't, he'll need his rest."

Justin laughed out loud. "I love your reasoning. Okay, let's shower."

When they finally came out of the shower, Justin insisted on calling Rue. He dialed the motel and got put through to Rue's room. The phone rang several times and Justin was about to hang up when the receiver was picked up.

"Yeah?" a sleepy voice said.

"Rue? Is that you?" Justin asked.

"Yeah, Justin? What's up?"

"Are you all right? You just disappeared last night."

"I guess I was a little drunk. I don't usually drink much."

"Feeling a little hungover?"

"I guess that's what it is. My head feels like an elephant is sitting on it and you sound like you're talking to me through soup."

"That's a hangover."

"Have you got any aspirin?"

"I don't think so. I might have brought some Tylenol with me. I get headaches sometimes, but not like this."

"Take two or three and they should help you feel better."

"Okay."

"How be I pick you up just before noon? We could have some brunch and go to PIFA."

"I hope I can stand up," Rue said pathetically.

"Take the Tylenol and you will."

"I'm sorry about leaving you last night."

"That's all right. We'll talk about it when I pick you up at noon."

"Okay."

Justin hung up the phone. He shook his head as he stared out the windows of the loft.

"Justin, have you seen my gold lighter?" Brian asked from the bedroom.

"No, is it missing?"

"I was sure it was here beside the bed, but I can't find it. Maybe we can strip the bed before you go to meet Rue. See if it's fallen down behind something."

"Sure," Justin said.

"And how is Rue?" Brian asked in that annoying voice. He came down the steps and over to where Justin was looking out the windows.

"A little shaky … hungover."

"Was he alone?"

"I … I didn't ask."

"I wonder if he got lucky, poor sod?"

"I'll find out at brunch."

"Is he up for that?"

"I told him to take some Tylenol and I'd pick him up at noon."

"Have fun."

"Brian, come with me. I want to get more of your take on him."

"I don't think that's such a good idea."

"Please, for me?"

"Okay, but I might have to chew him out."

"About what?"

"His manners towards you."

Justin chuckled. "Don't do that. He'll be in sad shape from his hangover."

"Okaaaaaay," Brian said in his best long suffering and thoroughly bored voice.

"Thanks," Justin said with one of his patented smiles.

Brian groaned. "Feel like getting into those leather pants, so I can peel them off you again?"

Justin's smile got even bigger. "Sure, we've got a couple of hours."

A couple of hours later Justin swung the Corvette into the motel parking lot. There was no sign of Rue coming out from his room, so he cut the engine and knocked on his door. After a minute or two the door swung open to reveal a bleary eyed Rue.

"Hi, Justin, I guess I fell asleep after I talked to you. I took about four Tylenol and they made me sleepy."

"That's okay, but you need to get ready. We're meeting Brian for brunch in a half hour," Justin said looking at his watch.

"Oh? I didn't get the feeling Brian liked me very much."

"Why would you say that?"

"He never said anything to me at Babylon."

Justin thought back and realized that Rue was right. "I'm sure he just didn't get the chance. He'll be waiting, so you should get ready."

"Wouldn't want to keep the boyfriend waiting!" Rue said sarcastically.

Justin frowned. "I really don't like to keep him waiting."

"I'm sorry," Rue said regretfully. "I'll go take a shower."

"Good," Justin said.

"Come in while you wait."

Justin stepped in noting the room was a bit of a disaster area. He wondered exactly what Rue had done last night.

"Excuse the mess," Rue said.

"Can I see some of you artwork while you're in the shower?"

"Sure. It's probably not very good compared to yours."

Justin thought he detected a note of jealousy or … something else in that statement. "I'm sure it's good. I'm always interested to see what other artists are doing."

Rue beamed as Justin called him an artist. He handed Justin his portfolio and went into the bathroom shutting the door behind him. Justin heard the shower go on.

He unzipped the portfolio and began looking through Rue's work. He could see why Rue used the net name of Picasso's Pet. Almost all of his pieces looked like some kind of poor imitation of a Picasso piece. There was nothing original or interesting at all, and his technique was not very good either. Justin thought back. He was sure that Rue had said he went to art college, but he could hardly imagine any place accepting someone with this caliber of work.

Justin zipped up the portfolio hoping Rue didn't ask him what he thought of his work. He heard the shower go off and Rue appeared wrapped in a towel. He smiled at Justin, grabbed some clothes and went back into the bathroom.

When he reappeared, he was fully dressed and looked much more presentable. "I guess I'm ready. Do we need to go?"

Justin nodded and they headed out. He was grateful that Rue hadn't asked his opinion of his artwork. They drove in silence for a bit.

"So what did you think of the pieces in my portfolio?" Rue asked breaking the silence.

"I can see why you call yourself Picasso's Pet."

Rue beamed. "You thought my work looked like Picasso's?" Rue asked taking Justin's comment as praise.

"A poor imitation of Picasso," Justin thought to himself. "I could see the similarity," he said aloud.

"I can't wait to see your work this afternoon."

"Yeah."

"Are we going to the diner?"

"No, Brian's treating us. We're going to a little café that we both like."

"Sounds nice. Do you think Brian minds me taking up so much of your time?"

"I don't think so. He lent us the Corvette all weekend."

"Yeah, that was nice of him. How's he getting to the café?"

"You can walk to it from the loft. It'll save him having to go to the gym today."

"Does he work out a lot?"

"He's pretty obsessive about his weight."

"He's quite attractive for an older man."

Justin gulped. "Jesus, Rue, don't say anything like that to Brian."

"What do you mean?"

"He doesn't like to be reminded of his age."

"Is he that old?"

"He's not old at all. It's just that he is older than me."

"I won't say anything," Rue promised.

Justin parked the 'Vette in the first available spot he could find. They walked back to the café. Justin spotted Brian at a table and led Rue over. They all sat down.

"Nice to see you again, Brian," Rue said politely.

"Yeah," Brian responded. "How was your date last night?"

"Brian," Justin whined. He hadn't had enough nerve to ask Rue about it.

"It was great," Rue replied. "He came back to the motel with me."

"Lucky you," Brian said his tongue in cheek.

"It was great," Rue repeated. "You have some awesome guys here in Pittsburgh."

"Awesome!" Brian responded with that little smirk.

"We should order," Justin said as he saw a waitress approaching.

They placed their orders and sipped on their coffee. Justin didn't know which way to take the conversation. He could feel the tension between Rue and Brian. They really didn't like each other. He wondered if he should try something entirely different.

"Did you find your lighter after I left?" Justin asked Brian.

"Nope. It's nowhere to be found," Brian said.

"It must be there somewhere," Justin added.

Brian shook his head. "Maybe it will turn up at some point."

"Was it an expensive lighter?" Rue asked.

"It was a gift for an ad campaign I did," Brian explained. "Probably worth five or six hundred dollars."

"Really?" Rue asked. "I hope you find it."

Something about the way Rue said that made Brian give him one of his stares. Rue shifted uncomfortably in his seat. Their food arrived about then and they ate in silence.

"So what do you boys have planned for this afternoon?" Brian asked as he picked at his quiche.

"If I can keep the 'Vette," Justin began, "I thought I'd take Rue to the IFA and show him my work."

"Knock yourself out," Brian responded.

They finished up their lunches and polished off the coffee. Brian picked up the check and Rue thanked him for lunch. They moved outside and Brian walked with them to the Corvette.

"What are you going to do?" Justin asked Brian.

"I'll walk back to the loft and do some work until you arrive … with my car … in one piece."

Justin laughed. "I should be there a little after eight-thirty. Rue's bus leaves at eight-fifteen."

"Fine."

"It was nice meeting you, Brian," Rue said shyly holding out his hand.

Brian shook rather reluctantly. "I'm glad you found the men of Pittsburgh to your liking," Brian stated looking into Rue's face. Rue averted his eyes.

"Some of them, anyway," Rue said and Brian got the impression that he definitely wasn't included in that group.

Justin climbed into the Corvette and Rue joined him. As he pulled away, Justin looked in the rearview mirror. He could see Brian staring after them. That wasn't like Brian at all.

"Phew," Rue said letting out a breath.

"What?"

"Your boyfriend is scary. He gives me the willies."

"Willies?" Justin asked with a giggle. He'd have to remember to tell Brian that one.

"Yeah, like he can see right through me and he doesn't like what he sees."

"I'm sure you're overreacting," Justin said soothingly, although he did wonder at some of Brian's reactions to his net friend.

"I don't think so." Justin decided not to pursue that line of thought. He was starting to head for PIFA when Rue said, "We should probably go back to the motel first. If I'm not out by two o'clock we have to pay for another night. It's twenty to two now."

"Good idea," Justin said, especially since he was paying for the fucking motel.

They drove back and Justin helped Rue pack up his belongings. When they were just about done and ready to zip up the suitcase, Justin did a once over around the room, declaring that it looked like Rue had everything.

They carried the suitcase and the portfolio out to the car. Justin stowed them away and Rue went into the office to get a copy of his bill. When he returned they got into the car to go to PIFA.

"So what's the damage on the bill?" Justin asked.

"I got them to call out for a couple of meals. I hope you don't mind, but they're added to the bill.

Justin groaned inwardly. This was getting to be one expensive weekend, at least until Rue paid him back. "What did it cost?"

"Two hundred and five dollars."

"Christ, that's quite a bit."

"Yeah, but I'll pay you back."

"I hope so."

"I promised you that I would."

"I know, Rue. It's just getting to be a lot of money."

"I'm sorry. I don't know how I could have been so stupid with my credit card."

"It's all right, but get the money to me as soon as you can," Justin requested.

"Of course I will."

Justin continued to drive towards PIFA and pointed out some things along the way. By the time they arrived they had only an hour or so to see the campus and Justin's work. Rue wanted to see Justin's space rather than walk around the campus. Justin led him up to his cramped little work area on the second floor.

"This is great," Rue enthused. "It's like a real artist's atelier."

"I am a real artist, but it's hardly an atelier."

"Let's see some of your stuff," Rue requested.

Justin pulled out some of his canvases and some of his computer art. He showed them to Rue who remained silent. His face gave away none of what his reaction to the pieces might be.

"So, what do you think?" Justin asked as he put his work away.

"Very interesting," Rue said.

"Is that all?" Justin asked a little annoyed that Rue wasn't more enthusiastic.

"It's not my cup of tea, but I guess you're talented enough."

Justin was ticked off by that kind of backhanded compliment. This no talent copycat was dissing his art. "I'm sorry it doesn't meet your high standards," Justin said sarcastically.

"Don't be mad, Justin. It's a little avant-garde for my tastes."

"Where do you go to art school?" Justin felt compelled to ask.

"I don't actually go to art school," Rue admitted.

"I'm sure you told me once when we were IMing that you went to Cleveland Art College or some such thing."

"I've taken some courses there, but I'm not a fulltime student."

"Oh," Justin said. He was sure Rue had told him or had implied that he was a fulltime art student.

"Your work is good, just so different from mine," Rue tried to placate Justin.

"Mine's original," Justin thought.

"Let's go get some dinner and then I need to get to the bus station," Rue said.

"Yeah," Justin replied, still ticked off.

He started out of his space and down the stairs. Rue ran along behind trying to keep up.

"Don't be mad, Justin," Rue begged.

"Let's walk over to the student hall. We can get something to eat there," Justin said testily. He wanted Rue to get on the fucking bus right now, go back to fucking Cleveland, and never fucking speak to him again.

They walked in silence. They ate mostly in silence. Justin drove them to the bus depot where he dropped Rue outside the front door. He said goodbye and asked Rue to send his money soon. Rue thanked Justin for a great weekend and promised to settle up with him as soon as he could. He finally disappeared through the main doors with a little wave to Justin.

Justin gunned the car out into traffic and headed for the loft. He needed to feel Brian's arms around him. He needed to have Brian hold him and tell him that his art was the best and that he was the best fuck Brian had ever had. He needed to get back to his old life and leave his fucking net friend where he belonged, on the internet.