- Text Size +

Tina was entering the ninth month.  John and Tony had just finished their midterms.  They both were staying really busy and both were really enjoying school.  They had started making more friends and had even started having friends over.  They often invited Tina to a few things but after the first one she didn’t go again.


Tina spent most of her time in her room or downstairs with her feet up.  Everything was swollen or hurt or both . She had wandered down to the nursery to see the murel Justin was finishing.  It was breathtaking. She had heard there was a cottage and a path, along with some woodland creatures. She had heard there was a magical fairy in it, too.  When she walked in, Justin was focused on one spot. She started looking at the picture. It was beautiful. She looked at all the details along the way.


“Oh, hey Tina, I am glad you came for a look.” He stepped to the side. “After she has arrived I am painting her name on the sign by the college….”


Justin kept talking but Tina’s focus went to the fairy princess.  She was dressed in a beautiful gown with unbelievable detail. The wings showed every feather and the face….the face was hers. The fairy princess in the nursery was her. She took a deep breath and sobbed. Justin held her close.  He guided her and had her sit on the stool he had in there. He continued to hold her. “Tina, I told you I was going to keep you in her life. This way when we tell her stories about the picture we can tell her about her mother.”  Tina kept crying and couldn’t seem to stop. “What is it, Sweety?” He smoothed her hair and just kept holding her.


Tina held on to her tummy as she cried.  “I just….I just love her so much and pretty soon she will be here but I won’t be!”  She burst out into a new flood of tears. Justin didn’t know what to say so he just stood by her.


“I can’t imagine what you are  going through, Tina, and I don’t want to act like I do but, Honey, you need to calm down.  This can’t be good for you or the baby.”


Slowly taking in as much air as her swollen belly would let her she started calming down.  He walked her to her room and got her comfortable. Justin sat next to her. “So tomorrow is the day Brian and I are going in for the simulation.  Unless you insist I don’t think you should go along. I know you would enjoy our reactions so how about we record it and you can watch it after the baby is born.”


“You are probably right.  I am going to be scared enough. Am I a bad mother saying I am scared to death?”


“No, you are a normal first time mother under very unusual circumstances.  I wish I could do something to make it easier but Brian and I will be there with you every step of the way.” Justin helped her prop her feet up and gave her a blanket.  “You nap for a while. Let me know if you want me to bring your dinner up later.” Tina was already sleeping.


Justin walked down to the kitchen and found Alice there.  He walked up to her and put his arms around her. “I’m sorry, Alice, I just need a hug.”  Alice obliged, holding him close.


“What has you so stressed. Justin?”


“Tina is just so scared and I feel helpless. I will never be as strong as Brian.  He is the one who always knows how to handle things.”


“Oh, Justin, you just don’t realize how strong you are.  Brian leans on you for everything. You are his strength.”


“She’s right, Sunshine, if I didn’t have you I would be a mess.  Thanks, Alice, I think I can take it from here.” Brian smiled at Alice as he took Justin in his arms.   She slipped out of the room. “What brought all this on?” he asked as he smoothed Justin’s hair. He had already realized he hopes their daughter had hair just like him.  He could picture spun gold curls.


“Tina came to the nursery to see the painting.”


“And let me guess, she fell apart when she realized you had put her into it.”  Justin nodded. Brian kissed the top of his head.


“I know, I am as bad as a pregnant woman.”


“I had heard the father sometimes mimics the mother.  You definitely haven’t gained weight during this time.  In fact, you have lost weight because you haven’t been eating enough. Let me take you out for dinner, just the two of us, and then we can come home and be nervous together.”


“I promised to check on Tina and bring her dinner if she didn’t want to come down.”


“Alice can take care of that.  It doesn’t look like she has anything cooking yet so whatever she planned we can have tomorrow. She can make Tina whatever she is hungry for.”


“Why are you home already? It is only 4:00.”


“Do you want me to go back to work?”


“You wouldn’t leave me now.”


“You are right.  I was hoping for a little something to take my mind off tomorrow.”  He reached down for and pushed Justin tightly against him. “Ok, not so little something.”  He smiled as he lowered his lips to Justin’s. Feeling Justin’s reaction he said, “Definitely, not so little. You check on Tina and I am going to make reservations for later, much later.  I will meet you in the bedroom in a few minutes?


Justin’s response was pressing himself even tighter against him and then offered his mouth again to be plundered.




Three hours later the men were casually dressed in khakis and blue button downs.  “You know it is dangerous looking that good, don’t you? We may never make it to dinner.” Brian said as Justin walked out of his closet. He was beautiful but he really had lost weight.


The ended up at their favorite little Italian place and Brian just ordered the sampler which was enough for about 6 people but he hoped he could get Justin to relax long enough to eat more than he usually did.  He was sure John and Tony would like the leftovers. Tony often said this place reminded him of home.


The mood was light and flirty knowing this could be the last time in a long while they did this. Both had decided that negative thoughts were not allowed tonight and they definitely weren’t going to talk about tomorrow’s ‘experiment’, as Brian called it. They had been seated in the most private booth where no customers could see them.  They decided tonight they didn’t care what the staff saw since all they saw was two people deeply in love. They shared bites and used their fingers to wipe off dripped sauce. They murmured words of love and talked about their life together in the future. Justin finally said, “Brian, if you put another bite in my mouth I may explode, “ getting a wicked grin on  his face he reached under the table and claiming what he considered his, “and besides you do want me to have room for ‘dessert’ don’t you.”


“Ok, guilty.  But you are not going to be any good to the baby or me if you get sick and run down from not eating.  Promise you will try to eat more regularly or I will sic Alice on you.”


Justin nearly crawled onto Brian’s lap and kissed him. “I promise.  Now can we get the leftovers boxed up so we can go home?”


With a $100 tip on the line the server had things boxed up and ready to go in a bag in about five minutes.  The ride home was nearly silent. Justin and Brian laced fingers and the entire trip home. Justin brought their hands to his mouth and started sucking each finger.  Brian moaned as he focussed on the road. After a couple more minutes Brian said, “Sunshine, you have to stop. I can’t focus on the road when you’re doing that. We’ll be home in 10 minutes and then I promise you will have my full attention.” He now pulled their hands to his mouth and he kissed each of Justin’s fingers. “I can’t wait to feel you under me. Just to look into your eyes as I slide into you as slowly as I can, is all I can think of right now.  How can I keep loving your more than I loved you yesterday.” He pressed the back of Justin’s hand to his mouth and just held it there.


Brian pulled into the garage and turned off the engine.  He walked to the passenger side and opened the door. He offered his hand to Justin and he took it.  Brian took him in his arms and barely brushed his lips over Justin’s. “I want to touch every millimeter of your body and make you scream in ecstasy,” Brian said. He again linked their fingers and walked into the hose. John, Tina, and Tony were watching YouTube on the kitchen TV.  Tina’s head was on Tony’s lap and John was rubbing her feet. “Shit,” Brian mumbled. “Tony, Italian food, car, yours.”


Justin didn’t even look over at them.  Brian was his world right now, no one was going to get in.  They slowly walked up the steps and into the bedroom. Once they were in the room and the door was shut, Brian put a hand under Justin’s chin.  The other hand ran through the soft texture of his blond hair. Ever so slowly he brought his lips to Justin’s. The touch sent shockwaves through both of them. Brian began undoing Justin’s shirt one button at a time, not rushing for anything.  When he reached the last one he slid his hands inside the shirt and pulled it out of the waist band. He slid his hands up and over the shoulders, taking the shirt down with his hands. Justin’s hands were stuck in the cuffs. Brian took advantage of this. He slipped his hand down and undid the belt buckle and than the button of Justin’s trousers. The zipper slid down as Brian softly tugged the sides of the pants down. Brian backed Justin to the bed and laid him down.  Justin’s hands were now useless as his shirt was pinned under him. He could move each hand about 8 inches but could not reach Brian.


Brian pulled off Justin’s shoes and then his pants and briefs.  Brian started at Justin’s feet. He started with one. He worked the foot, massaging the arch until Justin moaned.  He then did the same to the other. Brian began working his way up Justin compact, muscular legs. Brian’s tongue trailed up to Justin’s inner thighs.  Brian took great care not to touch Justin’s cock but drug his tongue and fingernails across the area over and over. Justin was straining to keep his erection but it was already losing fluid. Brian lowered his mouth.  He began licking just the tip, over and over. Justin started thrusting into Brian’s mouth and Brian took him all in. He screamed as he thrust deep into Brian’s throat emptying himself but Brian was not through.


After giving Justin a couple minutes to regain control, Brian flipped Justin to his stomach,  Brian lowered his mouth to Justin’s ear. “I said I wanted to touch every millimeter of you. Brian than began at the base of Justin’s neck.  When Brian got to the shirt it was in the way. Brian lay across Justin’s body, first one direction and then the other unbuttoning the cuffs. He then pulled each arm out. Brian now spread his arms overtop of Justin’s arms and slowly drug his arms over his.  His hands slid under them and brushed Justin’s armpits, making him squirm and then giggle as he slid down Justin’s sides. Brian was nearly at his own limit. As his hand slid down they ended up on Justin’s hips. Brian spread the cheeks apart and lowered his head and began running his tongue over and over his target. Justin was whimpering now.  Every muscle in his body was now quivering.


Brian turned Justin over who instantly clung to Brian.  “Sunshine, I need you.” He put Justin’s legs on his shoulders and began entering, barely moving. He didn’t want to rush but his patience was gone. Brian  entered the rest of the way and bent over to kiss him. At that moment Brian lost all rationale. He couldn’t get in far enough. He couldn’t possess h

is body enough.  “Justin, promise you will love me.  Love me forever.”


“I love you, Brian, forever.”


Both men lay speechless, cocooned in each other’s arms.


The next morning, Tina came downstairs and was snuggled up on the sectional by the kitchen. She wondered if Brian and Justin were scared.  She was a little nervous for them. Tina was really glad she wasn’t going along. That would not be smart but she couldn’t wait to watch the videos later.  


Brian and Justin walked into to the kitchen in running pants and sweatshirts.  Alice looked up from the stove. “Well, gentlemen, are you ready for today?”


“As ready as we’ll ever be.” Justin said. “Alice, we need your advice.” Brian looked quizzically at him.  “We have a couple of options today. We can do this at the same time but they didn’t suggest that because it is good to have someone with you.  So that really leaves us with two options. Brian first or me first. I know what I think.”


“Well, I….” Brian started talking.


“It’s obvious,” Alice said. “You  know, don’t you, Justin?”


“I do. I will go first.”


“No you won’t.  I will go first.”  Brian insisted.


Alice and Justin both shook their heads.  


“Why?” Brian asked.


Justin looked at Alice and she nodded.


“Brian, you would never let me do it after going through it so I have to go first.”


“Justin,” Brian started but stopped. “You’re probably right as much as I hate to admit it.”


Tina had been quiet but now spoke.  “Brian and Justin, you know you don’t have to do this. I know you both care about me and I know you’ll be there for me. This started out as a joke but seriously….”


Justin walked over to Tina and bent to give her a hug. ‘Sweety, you don’t have an option so neither do we.”


“Well, I guess that’s decided. Now what can I get you all for breakfast?”


“I don’t think I want anything,” Justin said.


“You are both eating something.”  Alice said. “You don’t want too much but you’ll need strength.  You will probably each have an intense workout for an hour or more.  Toast and eggs at least.”


After eating, Brian and Justin drove into Pittsburgh to the clinic. They checked in and were shown back to their room.  The technician chatted with them for a few minutes. She explained what was going to happen. “At first it will be a mild tingling.  Over the hour there will be an increase in power and in frequency. The biggest difference is, unless you want to lay there for hours we speed it up. The other difference is you really aren’t pushing something bigger than a football out of one of your orifices.”


Justin looked over at Brian, “Sorry, Dear, it is not bigger than a football.”  Justin kissed Brian and the tech blushed.


“I didn’t realize you two….I am fine with it.  Just thought you were buddies experiencing this together.”


“Actually we are going to be fathers in a month and want to know what she will go through.  We are video taping it so she can watching after our daughter arrives.”


“So who is going first?” The tech asked.


Justin stepped up,  “I am.”


“Can I ask why?’’ she asked just engaging in conversation as she taped on the pads.


“Because I am fairly sure Brian wouldn’t let me do it after he did. Can you say, ‘Over protective’!”


“I would say that is sweet.”  The tech could see the love these two had for each other and realized she will need to be very sensitive to both of them during this.


“Are you ready? Just for ease we are going to call these contractions as we do this simulation. I will start on one and we will go to ten This will take us about an hour and a half and then we will switch.”


The first shock was a bit surprising but it didn’t hurt. Brian was already hovering.  “How was that? Are you Ok? What did it feel like?”


“It was just a bit of a vibration.  It almost tickled.” He leaned over to Brian, “I can think of a few things it would be fun for.”  Brian grinned and took his hand. They continued to chat between the two of them and to the tech.


Five minutes later the the second one came. This was a bit stronger, a bit longer,  and this one he felt in his lower back. Brian was fully concentrating on Justin’s face.  He noticed the twinge on Justin’s face. By the fourth one, Justin made an audible noise. It started out as a surprised sound but turned to what Brian recognized as pain.  Justin’s grip on Brian’s hand also got much tighter.


“Can you describe what that felt like?” the tech asked.


“That was like a really bad charlie horse.  But because it is front and back it feels like my belly button wants to touch my spine.” He had barely finished talking and another one hit him. Justin didn’t notice it being stronger but he did notice it was longer. Justin moaned quietly.


Brian quickly spoke up, “Sunshine, are you alright?”


“Baby, you made me moan louder than that last night.” Justin chuckled. Brian kissed him.


The tech laughed.  “I am guessing you two ‘enjoy’ each other.”


“Completely and often………...oooooooooowww” Justin said as another one hit him. “Oh, god..” He had promised himself he wouldn’t scream.


Justin got very quiet after that.  He focused on deep breaths and looking at Brian’s beautiful face. After the next one racked his body he just made a very soft noise.  When it finished Justin quietly asked, “What number was that?”


“That was number six, over half way.”


When the next one started it was like a wave over his whole body.  His knees came up instinctively. Brian was on his feet now. He moved to the head of the bed and started running his fingers through Justin’s hair. He leaned and kissed his forehead.


“If you want to turn to your side that might help and then Brian, you might want to rub his lower back.”




Justin didn’t say anything but rolled to his side.  Brian rubbed his back the best he could with the electrodes there.


By the 8th level Justin had tears in his eyes but still wouldn’t yell.  Brian lowered his mouth to Justin’s ear. “I know you can scream, Sunshine.  I heard it last night.”


Justin smiled and reached for him.  Pulling him in for a kiss. As their lips met Justin jerked away with an audible cry.


“Stop it.  You need to stop this now.”  Brian demanded the tech.

Justin grabbed Brian’s hand and squeezed.  As the pain tapered off Justin said, “Brian, Tina can’t just have them stop.  I won’t either.” Justin started breathing heavier preparing for the next wave he knew would hit soon.


“And just to clarify,” The tech started, “This is where you really want to push, mainly to just get it over with but many times the doctor doesn’t want you to yet so the now you are fighting the urge to get it over with but have to draw it out.”


“Oh GOD,” Justin moaned as his whole body was racked in pain. It seemed to go on forever and Justin curled into a little ball trying to fight it. Brian stood and started to pace but then came right back to stroke his hair but really wanted to pace. After what seemed like an eternity the pain backed off a bit.


“We are almost to an hour and a half.  He can’t take much more. I can’t take much more!”


The tech commented, “Average labor is 6 to 8 hours.  It can be an hour to an hour and a half of this level in many cases.”


As level 10 hit Justin finally cried out. It went on and on as the tech said, “This is when the doctor would finally be giving you instructions to push.  You would now have to push out, well to be graphic, quadruple the biggest bowel movement you have ever had and then double that.”


Brian had taken Justin in his arms the best he could as Justin’s body was as tense as he had ever seen it.  Tears were streaming down both of their faces. From some place they heard crying and the tech handed them a life like baby doll.  It was crying and squirming. Justin pulled it close to him and just sobbed.


The tech looked at them.  I will give you guys, shall we say 45 minutes to switch places. We had someone chicken out so we have extra time.


Brian who held Justin who held the baby nodded and mouthed the words ‘thank you’.


Brian had a flashback to the night Gus was born.  He remembered how emotional Lindsay was. If he was honest, he was a mess too that night but that was one of the best nights of his life.  It was the night Justin and Gus became a part of him.


Justin’s attention started moving from the doll to Brian. “God, I am horny! How long do we have?”


Brian looked at his watch as he walked to the door and locked it.  “We have 3o minutes,” Brian said as he took off his shirt. Justin’s shirt was already off  so he stood on the table to pull off his pants. “Stand right there.” Brian said as he walked over.  He reached up slid his hands around Justin’s ass and and drug his nails down his cheeks and then came around and were drug down his inner thighs.  Brian licked up as high as he could between Justin’s legs. “Drop to your knees, Sunshine.” Justin did and Brian took Justin’s whole cock in his mouth and  lightly drug his teeth down the whole length of the shaft. Justin was trembling. He grabbed Brian’s head and started thrusting into his mouth. Brian’s finger started probing into Justin. Brian slid in and began stroking Justin’s prostate.  He arched his back and bit his lip so as not to yell. He fed every drop to Brian who swallowed every drop. He then dropped Justin over the table. Justin was on his tiptoes to perch at this angle. Brian pushed his own pants down and entered him. Brian laid over Justin, holding Justin’s hands to either side. At this angle  Brian had an upward thrust and soon Justin was biting the mat under him while Brian bit into Justin’s shoulder. Brian kept thrusting in long, deep strokes until he totally emptied himself. Brian lay on Justin for a couple more minutes until they both were breathing normally. Brian slid out and pulled up his pants. Justin slid off the table and pulled on his pants.  Brian unlocked the door and snuggled between Justin’s legs as long as they could.


When the tech returned, Justin was sitting on the table and Brian was standing between his legs kissing him.  She was sure something had gone on but the way those two men looked at each other made her weak in the knees. If she caught an earlier conversation correctly the mom was living with them right now. She was thinking she might offer to have their next child if she could look at them all day.


Brian lifted Justin off the table and hopped up himself.  


“I know I am nosey and forgive me if I overstep but I am just wondering how long you have been together.”  The tech wouldn’t have asked that of many couples but these two were special.


Justin and Brian spoke at the same time.  


Justin said, “11 years.”


Brian said, “6 years.”


The tech started laughing.  “Are you sure you are together?”  


Justin explained, “We met 11 years ago.  We have been continually together for 6 years and married for 6 months.”


She nodded, “You had to be young.”


“I was, but love doesn’t know age.” Brian kissed him. “I was 17 but nearly 18 and was far more mature than he was.” He pointed to Brian.


She smiled. “Ok, before I start a battle…  Are you feeling Ok, Justin?”


“Actually I feel wonderful. I feel like I am on a high.”


“That is common because of the adrenaline has kicked in.” The tech placed the electrodes on Brian’s abdomen and on his lower back. Brian had an idea what to expect after watching Justin.  He did know Justin was tougher than he was.


Levels 1 through 3 went fine.  Brian adjusted to the pain but level 4 seemed different.  He grabbed his back and his lower abdomen. “Fuck. what the…..” He ended up doubling over.


“That was really odd.  I was sure the walls were closing in on me. I know that is crazy.” He took some deep breaths.


“Brian, are you all right?  Let’s just stop it.” Justin caught the tech’s eyes. He noticed she adjusted a dial.  


“I’m fine, let’s go.” When it kicked in again, Brian couldn’t help but cry out but instead of doubling over this time he passed out.


“Brian, BRIAN!” Justin looked at the tech who had already moved around the machine to the table. She immediately took his pulse and checked his breathing.  


“Has he been sick lately?  His pulse and breathing is normal.  Does he usually have a low pain tolerance.


“No, he went through radiation about seven years ago for cancer.  He hardly missed work. It has been stressful at the house and he always has a lot of stress at work.” The tech moved smelling salts under his nose and he started coming around.


“Justin, I am not trying to be invasive but did you just have sex?”


Justin didn’t have to say anything.  His reaction told her everything.


“That’s probably all it was.  His muscles had just gone through quite a bit. I wouldn’t worry about it but if he hasn’t had a physical for a while it wouldn’t hurt just to be safe.”


That made sense to Justin.  Brian was now awake and sitting up. “Christ, did I actually pass out? I know it hurt but not as bad as my broken shoulder.”


“Don’t worry about it, Brian.  It probably had something to do with our ‘activity’ before you started. How are you feeling now?”


“I’m embarrassed and from the grin on her face,” Brian smiled at the tech, “She knows what was going on during her break.”


“I didn’t give her details although I am thinking she might have enjoyed them.” Justin put his arms around him and pulled him close.  “Don’t scare me like that, baby.” The two ignored the tech as they focused on the taste of each other.


The tech cleared her throat.  “Obviously, you are feeling better. Why don’t you get up and walk around a bit. No more sex in here.”



As they walked to the car Justin held out his hand palm up.  Brian tried to hold it but Justin pulled it away and again held it out.  “Keys.”


“I’m driving home.”


“Why? I am fine, Sunshine. Just the pain and sex didn’t mix for some reason.”


“Baby, I agree but just in case let me drive home. I haven’t driven your car in a long time.  You can play with me on the way home.” He winked at Brian and he walked to the driver’s side. Brian got in the passenger’s side.  Brian did distract Justin almost too much on the way home. He worked his hand down into Justin’s pants. Justin was at full attention by the time they arrived home.  “Now look what you’ve done.”


“I think I could think of something to do with that.”


“Oh, you do, huh?”  Justin wrapped his arms around him and thrust his hips against Brian. “I am fairly sure I can find many things to do with this so let’s be polite and go upstairs.  I could use a nap.” Justin realized he was actually quite tired. He did deliver a baby today.

Walking into the kitchen, they weren’t surprised to see everyone in the kitchen. Alice was taking cookies off a sheet while Tina  ate one. John and Tony were making out on the couch. “Really, gentlemen, what makes you think that is appropriate in our house.” He tried to look serious but started smirking.


“I am not sure you are doing an in depth study yet. You better take some notes. Justin pulled Brian’s hips to him as he pulled Brian’s head down to him.  


Tony and John joined in by spreading out on the sectional and bruising their lips together.  


“I think our work is done here,” Justin said.  “I am really tired. I think I am going up to take a nap. If we aren’t down in time for dinner please call us.” He took Brian’s hand.


“Looks like I am going to take a nap too.” Brian followed.  


When they arrived in their room and Justin stripped down to his briefs.  Brian did the same and they both crawled under the blankets. Justin pressed up against Brian’s back and draped his arm over Brian’s chest and and pulled him tight.  Soon Brian was nearly snoring. Justin was extremely tired but as he listened to Brian sleep he had an ominous feeling come over him. Why was Brian so tired? Why did he faint?  Why did he…. And Justin drifted off listening to Brian’s heartbeat.


Brian woke up an hour later surprised he had fallen asleep so soundly.  In their sleep he had switched positions with Justin. Justin was now in Brian’s grasp.  He loved the feel of Justin’s skin against him. He start kissing Justin’s neck and slid his hand to cradle that beautiful package he loved so much. He found his cock sliding against Justin’s crack.  He couldn’t resist. He could reach the lube and put a generous amount on his hand and on his dick. He inserted his finger rubbing the lube inside. He knew from the grip Justin had on his finger that he was awake.  He positioned himself and pressed into him. Within seconds Justin had pushed back and was now meeting Brian. Justin ground his ass against Brian. He just loved the feel of him buried deep within him. He reached back and just held Brian all the way in.


“Please, don’t move, baby.” Justin found himself choked up for some reason.  He decided that simulation really had messed up his emotions. Tears were streaming down his cheeks.


Brian’s hand came up and wiped away his tears.  “What is it, Sunshine?”


“I think that ordeal just has my emotions way out of whack. It is so amazing to think about our baby and what Tina and the baby are going to go through.”


Justin’s phone dinged and he carefully reached for it, not dislodging Brian.  The message said ‘dinner, 15 minutes.’ “We have 15 minutes.” They started moving and soon gently climaxed.


As they put on clothes for dinner, Justin turned to Brian.  “Are you good with everything that went down today? You know they are going to ask. I will tell them what happened.  There is nothing to be embarrassed about.”


“I know.  I knew making love to you knocked me out sometimes but I didn’t know that would be an actual occurrence.”


“Let’s go face the music,” Justin held up the dvd.  “I will give this to Alice. I am guessing she will want to watch it.”


“I can almost hear what she says to me already.” Brian laughed.


Everyone laughed through dinner.  Justin talked about the experience although he left out the emotional ending.  Of course, Brian told everyone about their love making before his turn and the fact that he passed out during the experience.  Justin gave Alice the dvd for her entertainment later that night.


The rest of the evening they all decided to play games around the table.  Alice made big bowls of popcorn and brought out some cookies she had made the other day.  Brian made sure Justin ate first dinner and then that he was actually snacking. Alice noticed Brian wasn’t eating at all and only had picked at his dinner. He sometimes did go through a ‘dieting’ phase so maybe that was all it was.  But she was definitely going to watch the video later.


About 9:00 everyone headed off to their rooms.  Tina needed to put her swollen feet up. Tony and John had other things on their mind and Alice wanted to watch dvd.  Brian and Justin snuggled on the sectional and watched an old movie with the remainder of the popcorn on their laps. They kissed and touched but not with the desperation they sometimes did.  They had already made love 3 times that day or was it 4? Just being together at the moment was enough for both of them. They finished watching the movie from their bed where they made love once more and fell asleep with Brian deep inside Justin.



Justin loved weekends.  Brian was still sound asleep when he woke up but he loved watching him. He had to reach out and just touch him.  He didn’t want to wake him but he needed to touch him. He was getting a foreboding feeling again. It must be the thought of Tina having to go through that horrible experience.  And she would be leaving with nothing when it was over. Well, not nothing. He and Brian would make sure she was set up well and wouldn’t have to struggle to land on her feet. Today the three of them needed to talk.  This baby, his daughter, would be here very soon.


Justin kissed his beautiful face and got up.  He left a note on the pillow that said to text him if he wanted a ‘proper good morning’ when he woke up.  He pulled on some sweats and a T-Shirt and went down for some coffee.


Justin found Alice in the kitchen.  “Alice, do you ever sleep?”


“I do, but I have found out I don’t need as much sleep anymore.  It has to do with age I think. I watched the dvd last night. You went through quite an ordeal but I think it was very accurate from your reactions.” She walked over to him and put her hands on either side of his face. “Justin, you are going to be such a loving and caring father.  This little girl is going to be so blessed.” She kissed him on his cheek and then rushed away to do her work.


An hour later Justin was back in bed being loved.  Could life get any better? They showered and went down for some breakfast.  Tina was eating a piece of toast but her appetite had diminished some over the last week.  She was so uncomfortable she just nibbled throughout the day instead of eating a big meal. Justin went back to her room with her to talk about her plans for after the baby.


Brian was finishing his coffee when Alice sat next to him at the table.  “Brian, I watched the dvd last night.”

“Justin did phenomenal, didn’t he? Glad to see someone could keep it together.”


“Brian, that’s what I want to talk to you about.” Brian looked at her. “Have you had any other odd things happen like that lately?”


“I may be a little tired lately but, face it, life in this house has been a bit crazy lately.”


“Brian, you need to go to the doctor Monday.”  Brian gave her an odd look. “Honey, I hope I am wrong, but I think something is wrong.  Hopefully, it is something minor but for Justin and the baby you need to check it out. And I am serious, do it Monday.”


“Alice, that would just be a waste of time.  I am just tired.”


“Brian, are you telling me that Justin and your daughter aren’t worth you spending an hour at the doctor?”


“You play dirty, Alice. I will go Monday just to prove you wrong,’ he kissed her on the forehead. “I better get upstairs.  I know Tina and Justin are talking about her plans.”



The three of them talked about Tina’s plans and it was settled she would stay at the house until the week of Christmas to recuperate and then she was going home for the holidays.  When she returned she would move into Daphne and Gale’s company apartment and start working at Kinnetic NYC.


Brian and Justin than went to the nursery to organize it and cover everything with sheets because the carpenter was coming on Monday to put a doorway in between the master and the nursery.  Justin noticed Brian staring at the mural. He walked up behind him and put his arms around his waist from behind. “A penny for your thoughts.”


“They aren’t worth that much.” He turned and pulled Justin close.  “It won’t be long now and there will be a baby in here. A baby we need to name.”  They had thrown names around ever since they knew it was a girl. They decided they wouldn’t tell anyone until she was here, just in case the name didn’t fit her once they met her.  Brian kissed Justin with a depth that took his breath away.


“Wow, I am not sure what you were just thinking but I know what I am thinking right now. Have we christened this room yet?”  He leaned into Brian and Brian obliged.



Monday came and Brian did call the doctor’s office, scheduling an appointment for Tuesday afternoon.  He texted Alice so she didn’t hound him. After his appointment he was told it could be a week to 10 days before he heard anything. The next Wednesday he got a call telling him he needed to go in for a scan.  He was told it was already scheduled for that afternoon. He didn’t like the sound of that but made his appointment. He wasn’t sure why but he kept Alice in the loop. After the scan he was told again it could be up to 10 days to get the results.  He had to admit it was nice having Alice know. When he got home from the scan she cornered him in the kitchen.


“When are you going to tell Justin.”


“I will tell him when I know it’s nothing.”


“I hope you’re right but what if you’re not. Justin needs to know, Brian.”


“He has enough going on right now.  I am sure I just have a minor something and I have 4 weeks of maternity leave coming where I can catch up.


“Brian, if you don’t tell him, I wll.”


“Alice, we don’t know anything yet and if you push this you are going to regret it.  You can be replaced and, trust me, you will be if you tell him.”


Alice was taken aback by this but she decided she didn’t want to push him.  “Ok, Brian, just please let me know what you find out. You may consider me an employee but I consider you family.”


Brian put a death grip around her, holding on as tightly as he could.  “I am sorry, Alice.”


“I know, Brian. You’re scared but, you are right, it isn’t my place to tell him.  He needs to hear whatever it is from you.”



Brian spent extra time in the city and actually stayed overnight at the loft a couple nights.  He was scheduled to take 4 weeks off after the baby so Justin was sure he was just trying to get ahead so he would really be able to stay home for that time.  The truth was Brian was so worn out he felt too tired to drive home. Both Cynthia and Ted had already noticed and Brian had sworn them to secrecy. Cynthia did talk to Alice just to make sure he had told her.  And everyone told Brian he needed to tell Justin.


Justin and Brian woke to someone knocking on the door at 5:00 am on Thanksgiving morning. Alice’s voice came from the other side. “Gentlemen, your daughter wants to meet you.”


“We’re awake!” They were both out of bed and pulling on clothes.  They were on their way to Tina’s room in less than five minutes. Brian ran down ahead to get the SUV ready and Justin walked her down the steps.


Alice kissed Tina on the cheek.  “I will be there in a few hours. If you need me there quicker just call but it will probably be a long day.”


Brian and Justin checked Tina in at the hospital.  They were shown to her room and a long day began. Justin and Brian took turns walking her up and down the hall. They played cards for a while trying to distract her and they held her hand as the contractions drew closer and stronger.  Alice arrived after lunch and sent the men to get something to eat.


Justin started arguing with Alice. “I don’t want to leave.  I need to stay here.”


“Justin, you need to eat.  It is still going to be hours.  Go eat something, get a breath of fresh air.  If you come back in an hour she will have progressed but she will still have a few hours to go.”


“Can’t they speed it up? She is already tired.”


“They won’t do that unless something happens.  She may have an epidural while you are gone but I will see her through that if they come. Now go!”


Brian wrapped an arm around him and led him out the door. “Don’t argue with Alice, Justin.  You will never win.”


Brian made sure Justin ate something although he ate very little himself.  He hadn’t heard about the scan, yet, but his appetite had been declining, maybe it was just nerves, waiting for the results. After they had eaten they stepped outside for a couple minutes but it was cold and windy.  It felt like it could be an early snow. Brian took Justin in his arms and said “Justin, you are already an awesome dad to Gus and now this little girl will join our family. You are probably the strongest man I know, putting up with me and my crap.”  Brian kissed him held him close for a couple minutes before they went back into the hospital.


Justin looked at Brian, “You are acting strange, Brian. Are you alright?”


“I am fine, Just being reflective right now I guess.”


They went back into the room.  Tina was in the middle of a strong contraction.  The intensity was definitely increasing. Justin crawled into bed with Tina and sat behind her. She leaned forward the best she could and he ran his fists up and down her spine focusing on the lower back. Tina groaned as he pushed his fists into the tightened muscles.


“I’m sorry, Sweety, did that hurt?”


“Yes, but it also felt good.  Please keep doing it.” In between contractions she would lean against him and he would rest his hands on her belly just amazed the the movement he felt.


After sometime Justin needed to stretch for just a minute and Brian came over to her.  “Brian, I don’t think I can do this. I just can’t do it anymore.”


“Honey, you can do this.  You are strong and a fighter.”  He gave her a hug.


Justin came back and slid into his spot behind her.  It wouldn’t be long now. He kept massaging her lower back.  “You should have had the epidural, Sweety, I wish you would have.”


“I want this baby to know her mom was willing to fight for her without drugs.”  Justin pressed in again as another strong wave hit her. She let out a small scream.


Brian took her hand.  “You scream if you need to, Honey. Your daughter will hear you are a fighter.”


At this point, the doctor suggested Justin stand beside her if he wanted to see his daughter enter the world.  Justin and Brian held hands behind Tina giving her some support. They looked into each other’s eyes and held there for a minute.  Alice stood off to the side, hands to her mouth. Someone’s cell phone rang once and went to voicemail. It was nearing 8:00 pm. They had been there 14 hours and Tina was getting really tired.


“Ok, Tina. We are in the final stretch here.”  The doctor said. “I know you are tired but you have lots of support around you and I know you have this in you.” The doctor looked at the monitor and said, “Here it comes.  Push with all your might unless I tell you to stop.”


It hit Tina like a tsunami.  She screamed. Tears were running down her face as well as Justin’s, Brian’s, and Alice’s.  Tina’s small frame was wracked with pain.She focused all the way through and then it stopped and she could take a quick breath.


“Gentlemen, you can see your daughter’s head.”


That quickly another one hit and this time the noise Tina made was like someone dying.  She was sure she was. It felt like her insides were being torn out of her. She pleaded for it to be over.


Brian turned her face toward him. “Tina, listen to me.  Are you listening?” She nodded. “You are so strong! Are you listening?  You can do this.” He kissed her forehead.


“Just one or two more pushes, “ The doctor said.  


This time Tina didn’t scream.  She focused all her energy on pushing and as the waves hit her the head was out.


“STOP PUSHING,” The doctor commanded. Justin looked into Tina’s eyes and did the breathing with her while saw the cord wrapped around the baby’s neck. “Hold on, this is going to hurt.” The doctor had to push the baby back in a bit to get her untangled. Tina moaned in agony.


Someones cell phone beeped again.


“Ok, Tina, this will be it.  Once you feel it push with all your might so we can free these shoulders and meet this little girl.”


And Tia Brinn was born, pink and squirming. The doctor looked at Tina.  “Would you like to hold your daughter. “Let Justin hold his daughter.”


The doctor finished what she needed to do and passed the baby to the nurse who wiped her off quickly and passed her to Justin. Brian was still holding Tina’s hand.  Alice replaced Brian’s hand with her own and shoved him toward Justin. Alice stayed with Tina as she finished labor. Justin and Brian were both crying. Brian held onto Justin as he looked at their perfect daughter.


Justin leaned over and kissed his daughter’s forehead. ”Brinn, welcome to the world. We are your dads. We have been waiting for you.  I promise you will always be loved. You won’t ever want for anything. And although your mom won’t always live with us, she loves you so much, too.  I am so glad……..,” He couldn’t finish the words. Brian kissed Brinn and then Justin as the nurse took the baby from him.



The next 30 minutes were crazy.  Tony and John, as well as Jennifer and Tucker were in the waiting room anticipating the news.  Brian and Justin walked out to tell them that Brinn was here. The cell phone dinged again. “Who keeps calling you?”  Justin asked Brian.


“I haven’t even looked at it.  As soon as we talk to everyone I will check into it.”


There was a cheer in the waiting room when they walked in and told everyone they had a beautiful 7 pound 11 oz. baby girl named Tia Brinn. After congratulations were given, Brian excused himself to look at his phone.


There were three voice messages. All of them were from the same person.The first two said the same thing. His doctor’s voice came on the line,  “Mr. Taylor-Kinney, Brian, I know it is a holiday but you must call me today. It is extremely important.” The third message was slightly different.

“Brian, I don’t know how else to say this but we need to have you in the office tomorrow morning at 9:00 am.   I wouldn’t do it this way but I will be out of town next week and I need to discuss your options before I leave.  This won’t wait.”