- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Deceit, regrets, and heartaches.
Title: Rich, Arrogant Prick…
Story Type: AU
Word Count: 2475
Warnings: Anti-Michael, Passion and Lust…
Beta Queen: Bigj52

Summary: Justin’s new client is an arrogant prick, but he’s rich and has great taste. So, who’s he to turn down the huge commission for his interior design.

Chapter Summary: Deceit, regrets, and heartaches.


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended…

Rich, Arrogant Prick

Part Ten ~ Endings and Beginnings

Ted, Emmett, and Daphne are huddled in a booth gossiping, joking around, and eating breakfast. Yes, Daphne. She’s been bonding with Emmett these last few weeks, trying out new beauty tips, shopping and dancing at Babylon.

Brian’s been avoiding his regular haunts the last twenty-four hours, he doesn’t want anyone to see him so broken hearted. But this morning he has other things on his mind as he storms into the diner. He’s so angry he thinks he might murder Michael.

Brian sees him sitting with Debbie in the back booth, so he rages towards them.

“Michael! I’m going to kill you! You motherfucker!”

Debbie stands. “Brian, calm down!”

She quickly steps out of the way, as Brian grabs Michael, dragging him out of the booth. He slams him up against the back wall, holding him in place with his hands around his neck. Michael struggles to get free, which only makes Brian tighten his grip.

“Brian, stop! No matter what he’s done, it can’t be that bad. Please don’t hurt him!”

“Shut up, Debbie!”

“Why? Why the fuck would you do this to me, Michael!”

Ted, Emmett, and Daphne pull Brian off Michael. Michael stumbles forward, coughing, and gasping for breath. Brian’s left red handprints around his throat, and down his arms. Tears stream down Michael’s face, as he struggles to answer him.

“Brian, stop! You’re acting like a monster! How could you attack Michael like this? He’s your best friend!”

Brian’s still fuming, and everyone else is confused about what’s going on.

“Why, Michael? Why would you do this to me?”

Finding his voice, he stutters. “I… I told you! I told you, you’d regret it! You never should have treated me like that! You owe me!”

Brian waits for more of an answer. Realizing Michael won’t be forthcoming, he’s totally disgusted and leaves the diner without any explanation concerning his behavior. Michael’s just as tight lipped, leaving everyone to speculate what that was all about.

Brian goes home to calm down, and reel in his emotions. He hates that he let them boil over, making him feel out of control and acting like his father. He calls Lindsay, to try once again to explain the situation about the loft, and Gus’s visit. Melanie finally takes the phone away from her, and starts in on Brian.

“Brian! You can’t blame us for wanting to keep our son safe. I’ve always said you lived in a shady neighborhood, and I refuse to let him visit you after finding out you were broken into.”

“I was not broken into! That was a huge misunderstanding!

“I know what Michael told us, and there’s no way Gus is ever coming to stay with you. Besides, you probably couldn’t handle it, he might cramp your style.”

“He’s my son! I have a right to see him! It’s in the court papers! I want him ready when I get there!”

“I don’t care what it says! I’m sure the judge will agree with me, once he finds out about the robbery.”

“There was no robbery!”

She ends up hanging up on Brian, making him even angrier than he was already.

“Fucking, bull dyke bitch! God, I hate her!”

Brian’s POV
I wish Justin was here. I need him now, more than I ever thought possible. He always has a way of making me feel calm, and reasonable. I can’t believe I’ve totally ruined my relationship with him. I’m such a fucking fool!

After a long hot shower, and an intense fantasy of Justin, I calm down enough to finally go into the office. I’m a total asshole to everyone at work, and after a couple of hours, I decide I need to confront this situation head on.

“Cynthia! Do you have my airline and hotel reservations booked?”

“Yes. Brian. You’re on the next flight out. Your plane leaves in three hours, so you better get moving.”

Brian storms past her, then stops. “Thanks Cynthia. You really are the best. Why don’t you go ahead a use the company credit card and buy yourself those expensive Manolo Blahnik pumps you want so badly.”

She smiles, and waves good bye. She’s so grateful he’s finally gone, and will be out of the office for the next couple weeks.

~~~

Justin’s plane landed in the middle of the night. He was exhausted after his long flight, and after getting through customs, he finally makes it to his hotel room. He sleeps for the next eighteen hours straight, with a little help from his meds. When he wakes he calls the hotel Ethan’s supposed to be staying at, but he’s not registered there. Irritated, he looks up the symphony’s touring schedule online, he never thought to check before he jumped on the plane. Of course, the schedule has changed and he’s not even in the same city. He figures out where Ethan’s next concert is and catches the train to surprise him.

On the flight from the States he was still hurting from seeing Brian fucking some strange guy, when it should have been him. How could he, after everything they said to each other earlier that evening? Brokenhearted, he makes a rash decision, and decides he’ll marry Ethan. He needs to feel loved and wanted. There’s no reason for him to tell Ethan about Brian. He never plans on seeing Brian again, even though he still has feelings for Brian, even if he’s in love with him. Sometimes it’s just better to stay with someone who’s safe, like Ethan.

He’s not sure if he’s ready to be spending every waking moment with Ethan after being separated for months, and he needs some space. So, once he arrives in Florence he decides to check into one of the most expensive hotels in the city. Why not? That’s what Brian promised him. Once he gets settled in, he showers, and changes his clothes before heading out to surprise Ethan.

Justin takes a deep breath, as he pushes the elevator button for Ethan’s floor. He’s starting to second guess his decision about just showing up. His mother always told him to call first, and never just show up at someone’s door. Sadly, he should have taken that advice where Brian was concerned. But it’s too late now as he steps off the elevator. Besides, him and Ethan have been together the last four years, and Ethan asked him to marry him, so what could go wrong?

Justin hesitates before knocking when he hears voices inside, but he decides to just go for it.

“Justin! What are you doing here?”

“I missed you, and I wanted to see you.”

Ethan looks like a deer caught in the headlights. “You should have called first.”

“Well. I’m here now.”

Justin notices Ethan looks nervous, and scared, and he’s yet to kiss or hug him. He’s having a déjà vu moment, and he’s starting to feel bad about this.

“Ethan? What’s going on? Aren’t you going to invite me in?”

Ethan steps out into the hallway, closing the door behind himself.

“Justin. Aaah… Can I meet you down in the café in fifteen minutes?”

“Fuck no! What’s going on?”

“Aaah…”

“Ethan! Tell me!”

“Oh God… I don’t know where to start.”

Just then the door opens and the mystery woman pokes her head out. “Ethan. Who’s this?”

“Ah… This is my cousin, Justin.”

She squeals and pulls Justin into a hug. “I’m so excited that you’re here for the wedding.”

Ethan glares at her. “Evette, please! Go back inside and get ready for the rehearsal dinner. I’ll be right in.”

Justin’s stunned. It seems like his whole life is falling apart. First Brian, and now Ethan.

“You’re marrying a woman? What the fuck is going on? I thought you wanted to marry me?”

“Justin. Baby, please. Just listen to me. It’s not how it seems.”

“You’re not marrying her?”

“I am… But, I’m doing it for us.”

“How’s that?”

“Her father is the president of Sony Classical Recordings. I’m hoping to get a recording contract. Just think, my music will be available online, and in stores internationally. This will be my big break.”

“But, you have to marry his daughter?”

“Her family is loaded.”

“Oh? Then why did you need me to wire you all that money?”

“I needed to buy her an engagement ring, an expensive engagement ring. How would it look if I gave her some cheap ring?”

“I paid for her engagement ring?”

“Yes. But it will pay off in the long run.”

Justin’s still in shock, he can’t believe what he’s hearing. What the fuck is he even doing here?

“Don’t you see? Once I marry her, I’ll get my recording contract, then we’ll be set for life. You can use part of your inheritance and buy a small house in our neighborhood. Then I’ll be able to sneak away a couple times a week, so we can be together.”

“I’ve already invested my inheritance.”

“What? Why? We need that money, Justin!”

“Why? You’re marrying a millionaire!”

“I’m still going to need money. I have to keep up appearances.”

“With my money.”

“Don’t you get it? If I stay married to her for a couple of years, and maybe even have a kid. Then when I divorce her, I’ll get a huge divorce settlement.”

“I don’t even know who you are. Were you just with me to get access to my inheritance?”

“No, Justin! I love you!”

“Are you fucking her?”

“What?”

“Are you fucking her?”

“I kind of have to, if I want her to marry me.”

“But, you didn’t want to with me?”

“It’s not like that.”

“Are you even gay? Or are you just a con-artist? Willing to scam anyone you can get your claws into?”

“Justin! No! I love you! You’ve got this all wrong?”

Justin starts backing away from him. It’s all catching up with him, and he feels like a fool. He needs to get away. He can’t breathe, he needs air. He can feel a panic attack coming on. It’s all he can do to keep his tears from running down his face…

Ethan reaches out to him, but he quickly turns and runs. Just like he did with Brian.

~~~

Michael’s walking home from Woody’s after running his mouth all night, and striking out with everyone he tried to hit on. He’s a little drunk, and not paying much attention to his surroundings. Suddenly someone pushes him up against the side of a building in a dark alley.

“Please, don’t hurt me! Your can have my wallet, just take it!”

“In a very deep, and yet slightly high-pitched voice they say, “I don’t want your fucking money! I doubt you have much anyways!”

Michael ventures a glance at the thug that has him by the throat and the balls. He takes a deep breath, hoping that the Rastafarian guy accosting him doesn’t hurt him.

“What do you want, if you don’t want my money?”

“I want you to know that everyone on the Avenue thinks you’re a fucking creep! You’re pathetic, you act like a child, and the way you spread rumors and treat your friends is shameful. You’re worthless, no one wants you around, and if you pull any more crap on anyone, I’ll be back and finish the job. So be careful, next time I’ll use my switchblade instead of my hands!”

Michael’s so frightened he pisses his pants.

“Ugh! You fucking bastard!”

The guy still has his forearm against Michael’s throat, as he releases his balls. Then he wipes his urine soaked hand across Michael’s face. Finally he spits on him before turning and walking away. Michael’s shaking, scared shitless and he’s glad the guy didn’t realize he also messed up his pants. Watching him walk away, Michael sees that the guy has huge shoulders, and he’s built like a football player.

Michael wanted to sneak into his apartment, but Em, Drew, Ted and Blake are playing poker at the dining room table.

“Eww, did you step in dog shit!”

Michael just grunts, as he runs into his bedroom.

“Michael, please wash your shoes off, they stink!”

He quickly takes his shoes off and runs into the bathroom, pretending to wash them off. Then he sets them by the door to dry.

Emmett scrunches up his nose, “Is it me? Or do you all still smell that?”

He gets up and goes to check on Michael.

Michael stands there naked-assed with his stained underwear and jeans around his feet.

“Oh my God! Michael! What happened?”

“I got mugged.”

“Really? Because your wallet is still in your back pocket.”

“Hand it to me.”

“No! I’m not touching that mess. But I will get you a garbage bag.”

~~~

Justin keeps pushing the elevator button for the first floor, he needs to get out of there before he bursts out crying. He’s feels so humiliated and foolish after finding out about Ethan’s true motives after all these years. How could he have been so wrong about Ethan? He feels used and taken advantage of, and he wishes Brian was there. He misses him so much. He knows he shouldn’t have run away from Brian like he did. After all, Brian never said there weren’t any other guys in his life, and he sure wasn’t giving Brian what he needed. He really should have called him first. Everyone told him about Brian, and his reputation. The thing is he never saw that side of Brian, he felt a deep connection with him. He was so sure he was different from all the rest, so sure that they were in love with each other.

Finally, the elevator makes it to the lobby, but it feels like forever before he’s out the front door. He’s running as fast as he can until he reaches the street. Bending over, with his hands on his knees, he tries to catch his breath. His breathing is labored, and his anxiety is starting to consume him. Tears start flowing down his face, and it’s like the dam broke and he can’t stop them. He’s shaking, feeling like he’s going to die, wishing he was still in Pittsburgh.

That’s when he feels very familiar arms encircle him, pulling him close. Brian notices Justin’s having a hard time breathing, as he whispers in his ear.

“Nice deep breaths. In and out. That’s it. Slowly, in and out. You’re okay. I’ve got you. Everything’s going to be alright.”

Brian continues to hold him tight, kissing the top of his head. He gently rocks him in his arms. Justin finally looks up into Brian’s eyes seeing all the love he has for him.

“Ssssh… Don’t speak, just breathe. Nice deep breaths. I’m right here. I’m not going anywhere. I’ll be here as long as you want me.”

The End, for now…



I know Evil Kathleen!






But not to worry, Part Two ~ My Rich, Arrogant Boyfriend is coming soon…
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for taking the time to read my story. I hope you enjoyed it. ~ Kathleen
The End.
7Wildwaysup is the author of 89 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 13 members. Members who liked Rich, Arrogant Prick also liked 529 other stories.
This story is part of the series, My Rich, Arrogant.... The next story in the series is My Rich, Arrogant Boyfriend.