- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Justin let’s his guard down, and he desires show as he spins around the dance floor in Brian’s arms.
Title: Rich, Arrogant Prick…
Story Type: AU
Word Count: 2541
Warnings: Anti-Michael, Passion and Lust…
Beta Queen: bigj52

Summary: Justin’s new client is an arrogant prick, but he’s rich and has great taste. So who’s he to turn down the huge commission for his interior design.

Chapter Summary: Justin let’s his guard down, and he desires show as he spins around the dance floor in Brian’s arms.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended…

Rich, Arrogant Prick

Part Four ~ Eye-Opening Experience


“I’m so excited, Daphne! I’ll be jet setting off to Italy in just two weeks! I just booked my flight, and I can’t wait to see Ethan! I’ve missed him so much.”

“Yippee!”

“Don’t be that way, Daph! I know you don’t like him, but he’s good for me.”

“I’m not sure that’s true. You only see what you want to.”

“Listen. While I’m away can you keep Wolfram? I can’t leave him alone. I already leave him alone too much as it is.”

“No. I’m sorry, I just can’t. I can’t have pets at my apartment or I’ll get kicked out.”

“Fine. Maybe my mom will keep him.”

“Do you want to go get some dinner?”

“Yeah. I guess. How about that diner again, or the bar across the street, Woody’s?”

“Wow! You’re really embracing the gay lifestyle. Maybe if you’re lucky you’ll meet someone.”

“I’m not looking to meet someone.”

“Maybe you should be. How was your lunch/breakfast with that guy, Brian Kinney, the other morning?”

“Stop! No! Just no! I’m not interested in him. He’s a total asshole.”

“Well then. He should be perfect for you. Because Ethan’s a total asshole too! Maybe that’s just your type? Moronic assholes!”

“Fuck You!”

Justin is engrossed in reading the menu, while Daphne can’t stop checking out all the guys who are checking out Justin.

“You know you could hook up with just about anyone in here. They all can’t seem to keep their eyes off you.”

Justin looks up to see what she’s talking about. That’s when he sees Emmett waving from the back of the bar near the pool tables.

“Who’s that?”

“Oh. That’s Emmett!”

“The guy who helped you pick out all the vintage furniture?”

“Yeah. That’s him.”

“He’s coming over here. Do you see what he’s wearing? A white shirt with lemon and chartreuse paisley and white pants, but it kind of looks good on him?”

“Hi, Baby! Now who’s this beautiful gem sitting next to you?”

“This is Daphne.”

“Daphne, you must be his resident fag hag. Every young gay boy needs one.”

“Yep. That would be me.”

“What are you two up to tonight?”

“Just grabbing some dinner, and I think we’re going to rent some videos.”

“Oh no. First of all, never eat anything in here. The cook’s a total bastard. After I hooked up with him, he promised to call me, but he never did! Can you believe that? Anyways we’re all going to the Liberty diner, and then to Babylon afterwards. You must simply come with us!”

“What’s Babylon?”

“Oh my dear. Every fag on the Avenue ends up at Babylon some time during the evening.”

Emmett waves. “There’s Drew!”

Emmett bounces over to the hunkiest guy in the bar. He looks really familiar, but Justin can’t place him.

“This is my boyfriend, Ironman extraordinaire, Drew Boyd.”

Both Daphne and Justin are speechless…

“This is Justin Taylor, soon to be Pittsburgh’s most famous interior designer, and this is Daphne, his resident fag hag.”

They both smile and say hi.

“Let’s go get a table at the diner. It will start filling up soon.”

He was right, the diner is packed. Wow! There’s so many gorgeous men there. It’s like stepping into a gay man’s wet dream.

“Look, the special is a ten-inch Louisiana red-hot sausage, with a side of extra creamy coleslaw.”

Daphna bursts out laughing, just thinking about the sexual innuendo.

Emmett claps his hands. “That’s what I want.”

Drew whispers in his ear. “Trust me, that’s what you’re going to get.”

Just then Ted and Michael slide into the booth, one on each side. Michael looks up at the newbies sitting at the table.

“What the fuck are they doing at our table?”

“Stop whining, Michael, and welcome the youngsters to the gang.”

“I don’t know what you’re doing here, but I think you should leave! If you’re looking for Brian, he’s not interested, He doesn’t do repeats!” Michael retorts.

“Oh my God! Did you and Brian do the nasty?” asks Emmett.

“No! Never! He’s not my type!” Justin stresses.

“Right! Brian’s everyone’s type!” says Ted.

“That’s the guy in the Corvette? Asks Daphne

“Yes. But he’s just a client!” replies Justin.

“A client! Brian would never pay for sex! They’d pay him to sleep with him!” Michael boasts.

Justin glares at Michael, thinking he’s acting like an insecure adolescent.

“Come on, Teddy. Let’s take the seats at the counter, before someone else does.”

“How old is that guy anyways? Twelve? He sounds like a jealous boyfriend,” adds Daphne.

Emmett says, “He wishes!”

After dinner Emmett asks, “Are you two coming to Babylon?

“I don’t think so.”

“Why not? Babylon is only the hottest gay nightclub ever!”

Daphne squeals. “Come on Justin, let’s go! Who knows? Maybe you’ll meet the man of your dreams.”

“Daph! I’m engaged, remember.”

“No. What I remember is, you saying that you needed the summer to consider it.”

“Same thing.”

“No. Definitely not the same.”

“Stand up, now turn around. Hmmm. Take off the flannel shirt, it’s too baggy. Oh, no. Now your white t-shirt is just as baggy.”

“I think we’re just going to watch videos all night.”

“Nonsense! Let’s dash across the street to Torso. I used to manage the store, and I’m sure we can find you something to give all the guys whiplash!”

Soon Emmett is pulling out shirts, holding them up against Justin to see what they might look like.

“I think this black crop top is perfect. Try it on.”

“Emmett. It’s too tight, and it needs to be longer. I need a bigger size. I have a tear in my jeans.”

“Oh, no. It’s perfect. Now turn around. Ooh, that tear across your left butt cheek couldn’t be in a more perfect place!”

Emm’s eyes drift down his body and halt at Justin’s ratty old sneakers.

“Oh my God! Those belong in the trash!”

“What? I love these tennis shoes. They’re comfortable.”

“No. Simply, no. Here, try on these black high-top Skechers.”

“Oh yeah. He’s right, they’re so much better,” agrees Daphne

Emmett looks Justin up and down. “Yes, much better. You look yummy, while looking like you just threw on what was handy.”

“Look, Justin! Let’s get gold stud earrings!”

“I’m not wearing an earring! I don’t even have a pierced ear.”

“I can fix it! It will take a minute.”

“These are real gold! I don’t have that much money with me!”

“Oh Baby. Don’t worry, it’s all on me. But only if you promise that we get together soon, and continue working on upgrading your style and wardrobe.”

“You can’t say no to that, and you really do look hot! Who knew there was a gorgeous queer under all that flannel?”

“Shut up, Daph.”

They walk into Babylon, bypassing the line as Emmett waves to Bruce, the bouncer. Michael and Teddy are already holding up the bar, looking like mannequins, as they scan the dance floor. Drew buys them all a beer. Michael sneers and pouts, when he sees them standing off to the side.

Daphne motions for Justin to chug his beer, then she pulls him out onto the dance floor. Drew and Emmett join them. Soon they’re lost in the thumpa, thumpa of the music. The beer is affecting Justin, as he loosens up, and starts enjoying himself. He’s never been to a nightclub before, especially not a gay nightclub. Ethan would never approve. By the third song, Justin’s totally into it. That’s when he feels strong arms encircle him from behind. He tilts his head back until it’s resting on Brian’s shoulder. Unable to resist, Brian leans over, kissing his plump lips and making Justin smile.

After another song Justin has a slight sheen coating his skin, and he needs something to drink and cool off. They all return to the bar, and Brian buys a round of drinks for everyone. Michael’s staring daggers, scowling at Justin, wishing he would disappear. He just doesn’t understand why everyone thinks he’s so cute. To Michael he just looks like an underage twink, who’s fawning all over Brian, making a fool of himself.

Justin heads off to the restroom where he’s cornered by Michael.

“I thought you weren’t interested in Brian!”

“He’s okay, I guess.”

“You guess! Stay away from him!”

“God! You really have it bad for him! Why don’t you just let him know how you feel, and get it out of your system?”

“He knows how I feel! We’re just waiting until the time is right!”

Justin had to smirk at that. After all, him and Ethan are waiting until they get married.

“It doesn’t seem like Brian’s waiting!”

“We’ve been together since we we’re fourteen. He’s just sowing his wild oats until he’s ready.”

“Well, your stallion sure has a big appetite.” Justin can’t stop chuckling in his head at his own joke.

“Just leave him alone! He’s mine!”

“He approached me! I didn’t go after him!”

“Yeah. Well if you didn’t dress like a whore, he wouldn’t have given you a second look.”

Justin’s mind drifts to all the flirting and sexual innuendos he and Brian have shared. He’s still resisting Brian’s advances, but he’s stopped trying to tell himself he’s not attracted to Brian. As a matter of fact, he can’t stop daydreaming of being seduced by the auburn-haired devil.

“What? You don’t like my new look? Too bad. I plan on getting a complete makeover. You might want to give it a try. You look like you’re still in junior high school.”

“Fuck you!”

“No thanks. I don’t do pity fucks!”

Yep. He’s drunk and he can’t help thinking his wit and sarcasm is hysterical. But, of course Michael is just so easy to fluster and mock.

After several more beers, and another hour of dancing with Brian he isn’t feeling any pain. Michael is practically having a heart attack as he watches them together, making out and grinding against one another. Brian, being the gentleman that he is, decides that he’ll slip Daphne and Justin into a cab before the twink finds the backroom. Although there’s nothing he’d like better than to bed him, Brian’s willing to wait for the right time. Somewhere along the line his desire for Justin has become more than just another notch on his bedpost. And for the first time in his life, he thinks he might like to explore a relationship. Just the idea scares the hell out of him, but his desire is stronger than his fear.

~~~

Justin doesn’t even remember how he got home, as he stumbles to answer the phone.

“Ethan!” Hiccup, hiccup…

“Justin? Are you drunk?”

“What? No. Of course not.”

“You sound drunk!”

Straitlaced Ethan only drinks wine on holidays, and he’s never been drunk or stoned.

“What’s going on, Justin?”

“Nothing! Daphne and I just watched videos, and had a few beers.”

“I’ve been calling you, and you never picked up.”

“Oh… Aaah…. We turned the ringer off, so we wouldn’t be distracted. We had a Friday the Thirteenth marathon.”

“I don’t know why you watch that trash. It’s a waste of time.”

“I love horror movies, and I hate those uptight British flicks you make us watch all the time.”

“You need a little culture in your life, instead of all those sci-fi and dreadful scary movies.”

“Listen. Have you talked to mom yet?”

“My mom? Why are you asking about my mom? You don’t even like her!

“Justin! Did you?”

“About what?”

“About what! What do you think! Your trust fund, for Christ sakes!”

“Oh… No.”

“I thought I asked you to find out what the holdup is? You’re supposed to have access to it after your twenty-first birthday, and that was six months ago.”

“Oh, yeah. But it’s not like we need the money. We both have pretty good jobs these days.”

“We need the money, Justin! I told you! I have expenses. I want a couple of new suits. I’ve been looking at the new Armani collection.”

“Ethan. You make more money than me. What are you spending it on?”

“Maybe I’m saving up to buy you an expensive wedding band. Wouldn’t you like that?”

Justin smiles, loving the idea of finally getting married.

“Yes. Of course, I’d like that.”

“Okay. So please call your mother, and find out about the trust. That way we can invest in a nice house when I return. I know how much you hate the apartment.”

“Okay. I will.”

“Listen I’ve got to go. I’ve got to practice my violin.”

“Bye!”

Justin flops back down on the bed, smirking. He’s so glad Ethan’s way across the ocean. He’s come to hate the sound of his violin.

The next morning, he wakes with a huge hangover, as bits and pieces of last night float around in his head. The feel of Brian’s lips on his, and on his neck. Brian’s touch, as he held him close on the dance floor. And all the electricity that ran through his body as they swayed to the music. God! He’s never felt more alive! Why couldn’t Ethan make him feel like that? He looks at the clock, and runs to jump in the shower, he has to meet up with the cabinetmaker this morning.

~~~

He’s been avoiding Brian the last couple of days, knowing that he needs to explain his behavior. Make it clear that he’s really not interested in anything but a professional relationship. He’s lined up all the workers. Vince is ready to start constructing the walls, and the cabinets will be ready in a week. Brian just needs to decide on the countertops and look for an area rug for next to the bed.

He’s meeting up with Emmett for lunch at the diner, then shopping afterwards. After all he did promise to let Emmett upgrade his wardrobe, and he certainly did a great job the night they went to Babylon. Just as they’re leaving the diner they pass Brian on the street. Emmett realizes that they need to talk, so he tells Justin he’ll meet him at Torso across the street.

“Taylor. I got the samples you left at the loft, they’re perfect. I can’t wait to see it when it’s all put together.”

“Great! Vince should be able to start work at the end of the week.”

“Justin...”

“Brian...”

“You first.”

“Brian. About the other night at Babylon. I… aah… I had a few beers, and I shouldn’t have led you on. I’m sorry.”

“I know, but I’m not sorry it happened.”

“Brian! You know I’m involved with someone, and I’m not a cheater.”

“I know. But maybe he’s not the right guy for you?”

“Brian. Please. I’m trying to apologize here.”

“I know. I just don’t think there’s anything to apologize for. Nothing even happened.”

Justin stares at him. Nothing happened? How can he say that? Justin can’t stop thinking how much he really wants Brian.

“Right. Of course not. So, we’re okay then.”

“Peachy! So, you’ll let me know when you’re ready for that dinner and a movie.”

Justin shakes his head. “You never stop pushing, do you?”

“I just go after what I want, that’s all.”

“Good bye, Brian.”

TBC…
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks to everyone's who's reading my fic, I hope you're enjoying it. And a big thanks to those who take the time to comment, it really means a lot to me.