- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Justin’s not sure what’s happening. As much as he used to really hate Brian, and his snarky attitude, he now gets a rush of excitement every time he comes around. He loves his sense of humor, and he can’t help thinking everything about him is charming.
Title: Rich, Arrogant Prick…
Story Type: AU
Word Count: 2072
Warnings: Anti-Michael, Passion and Lust…
Beta Queen: Bigj52

Summary: Justin’s new client is an arrogant prick, but he’s rich and has great taste. So who’s he to turn down the huge commission for his interior design.

Chapter Summary: Justin’s not sure what’s happening. As much as he used to really hate Brian, and his snarky attitude, he now gets a rush of excitement every time he comes around. He loves his sense of humor, and he can’t help thinking everything about him is charming.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended…

Rich, Arrogant Prick


Part Seven ~ Sweet, Smart and Sexy

Justin can’t stop smiling remembering Brian’s visit the other night. He really had no intention of working with Brian again, but the man can be very persuasive. He sounded so sincere, asking if they could start again as friends. Then seeing him at the diner, where he refused to take no for an answer to pay for his upcoming vacation.

Brian’s been on Justin’s mind a lot lately, as well as in his dreams. Just thinking about him has Justin blushing, wondering what it might be like to have Brian take his virginity. He’s pretty sure he’s the only virgin living at Liberty Avenue, and he’s embarrassed that someone might find out. At the time it made so much sense as Ethan explained wanting to wait until they were married. But now he feels like the world’s oldest virgin. He’s a romantic, and he does want to be married, or at least in a committed relationship. But he’s no longer sure he wants Ethan to be the one he’s committed to.

He has a bounce in his step as he heads out to buy a bed for his new place.

Just then Brian pulls up out front. “Where are you off to this morning?”

“Shopping.”

“I’ll go with you. You could use a hand picking out some new clothes.”

“I’m going to Ikea.”

“What the hell for? I thought you only sold high-end furniture to your clients?”

“I need a new bed.”

“Oh, right. You’re not buying one from Ikea. I’ll take you shopping.”

“Shouldn’t you be at work?”

“I was having a bad morning. I needed to get out of there.”

“Oh?”

“Hurricane Michael blew through!”

“Well at least you’re not pounding shots of whisky.”

“I’ll save that for later tonight.”

Brian pulls up to Fredricks, one of the most expensive furniture stores in the area.

“Brian. I can’t afford to buy a bed here.”

“Have you ever been here?”

“Yes! Of course. I’m a designer. I shop here for my clients all the time!”

“Don’t you think you deserve to sleep on the best? Just like your clients?”

“I guess.”

“Come on. Let’s go in and check them out.”

“Okay, fine.”

They walk around, looking at the beds, but mostly Justin is looking at the prices. Brian steers him towards the Tempur mattresses.

“This is the mattress I’m going to get when I replace my bed. It’s supposed to be really comfortable, and good for your back.”

“It should be for the price.”

“Stop shopping by price, and start shopping by comfort and looks.”

Brian keeps motioning for him to give it a try, and lie down with him, but Justin is resistant. He doesn’t like the idea of lying on a mattress in the store, especially with Brian.

But just a minute later he dives towards Brian, pushing him down on the mattress, putting his hand over his mouth. He peeks his head up, and looks around.

Brian grins. “Do you know how long I’ve been waiting for you to push me into the mattress?”

“Shut up and be quiet.”

“What? Why? Is your mother here?”

No! It’s Kitsch Chachki.”

“Who?”

“Kitsch Chachki!”

“Are you kidding me? That’s his real name?”

“No! Of course not! That’s just what we call him. It’s Kittredge Chlumsky. He’s this creepy nick-nacky designer.”

“Well in that case, you’d better hide your face.”

Brian rolls over on top of him, and starts kissing him. Justin tries to push him off, but then he gives in and starts to get into it. Brian has a way of making Justin’s emotions rise to the surface, as well as other things.

“Now that’s more like it, Taylor, and don’t try and tell me you’re not attracted to me. I can feel your attraction pressing into my thigh.”

Justin’s blushing as he tries to calm himself down.

“Justin? Justin. Is that you?”

Justin groans. “Oh my God!” That solved his little, or not so little problem, as it may be.

He gets up off of the bed, swatting Brian’s hands away.

“Mom! What are you doing here?”

Brian grins as he stands and straightens his clothes.

“Tucker and I were thinking of getting a new bed.”

She looks at the both of them, waiting for an explanation…

“Oh. Mom. This is Brian, Mr. Kinney. My client.”

“I thought it was his son’s bedroom you were designing.”

Brian, being his charming self, smiles. “Nice to meet you, Mrs. Taylor.”

She smiles back, as Justin’s face turns red. He wants to crawl under the bed. Jennifer’s happy, and to her Brian is a huge improvement over Ethan.

Ignoring the situation, she tells him. “Having the right bed is so important for a good night’s sleep.”

Still blushing, Justin pulls his mother away from Brian. “Mom, please, just stop.”

“What? I’m just making conversation.”

She knows she’s embarrassing him. But she can’t help hoping that Brian is interested in her son.

“So, how do you two like this mattress?”

Justin looks bewildered, wishing his mother would stop talking.

Just then the salesperson joins them. “Have you found a mattress you like?”

Brian says, “Yes. We’ll take this one.”

“Perfect. Tempur Sensation Response is one of our bestselling mattresses. I’ll just start the paperwork, and meet you two at the sales counter.”

Justin smacks Brian in the chest. “Brian…”

Brian puts his arm around his shoulders, smiles again at Jennifer, but talks to Justin.

“Now, Sweetheart. You deserve the best, and this mattress should last us for years to come.”

Justin turns and buries his face in Brian’s chest, whispering. “Don’t say cum in front of my mother.”

Brian looks down at Justin, and kisses the top of his head. Jennifer’s all smiles. She really likes Brian. He seems, polite, well groomed, and he obviously really likes her son.

“I really should be going. I have an open house in an hour. It was so nice to meet you. May I call you Brian?”

“Yes, I’d like that. It was nice meeting you too, Mrs. Taylor. I’m sure I’ll be seeing you soon.”

“I certainly hope so. Justin, please me call later.”

With that Jennifer walks away.

“Christ, Brian! I can’t believe you just said that. Now she’s going to think you’re my new boyfriend. She absolutely hates Ethan. She’d do anything to get rid of him.”

“I think I love your mom. This Ethan character sounds like a real looser. I mean if your mom and your fag hag both hate him, maybe they see something that you don’t.”

“They just don’t understand him. He’s very talented, and his career is important to him.”

Why is Justin defending Ethan, when he’s starting to have his own doubts about him? He truly is confused about everything. Part of him really misses Ethan and can’t wait to see him, while another part of him gets excited every time he’s near Brian. He can’t help fantasizing about him taking his virginity. That’s another thing. Daphne thinks there’s something wrong with Ethan not wanting to have sex with Justin, which in turn means she thinks there’s something wrong with him, for not having sex yet. And she’s probably right. He’s a twenty-one-year-old virgin.

“Taylor. He’s asking for your credit card.”

“Oh. Here.”

“Okay. With tax and delivery, the total is $5,738,00.”

“What?”

“Stop penny pinching. I know you can afford it. I just gave you a stack of thousand-dollar bills the other night.”

Glaring at Brian he hands the clerk his credit card. After signing his life away for the most expensive thing he’s ever bought, excluding his new residence, he turns and walks right into Kitsch Chachki.

“Kitsch! I mean Kit. How nice to see you.”

Brian’s smirking, as Justin stumbles, making small talk with the tacky designer. He dresses even more outlandish than Emmett. He actually makes Emmett look well dressed.

“Justin. Aren’t you going to introduce me to your friend?”

Kit is always hitting on him, and Justin’s always looking for a way to put a stop to his advances.

“Kit. This is Brian, my fiancé.”

Now Brian’s all smiles, as he takes Kit’s hand and shakes it.

“Well. I guess congratulations are in order. When’s the wedding?”

Brian takes the lead as Justin looks like a deer caught in the headlights.

“The end of the summer, just the two of us. Someplace romantic in Europe. Maybe Italy or France.”

“Oh, how dreamy. I’m so happy for you.”

“Thanks. It’s nice to see you again, Kit, but we really must be going.”

“Yes. It was so nice to meet you, Kit, but we have to run. So many things to get done before the wedding. Now that we have the perfect bed, the rest should just fall into place.”

Justin smacks Brian across the chest as they leave the store.

“Brian. Please behave!”

As they get to the car, Brian stops and pulls Justin into his arms, kissing him deeply. Justin returns the kiss, forgetting that he even has a boyfriend across the ocean. Jennifer’s sitting in her car returning phone calls, arranging client meetings. Seeing them in her rear view mirror she smiles. She really likes this Brian Kinney, and he seems good for Justin.

“Brian. Stop. I really shouldn’t have.”

“Justin, maybe you should follow your heart. Not some misguided sense of loyalty.”

“I made a commitment, and I always keep my word.”

“Yes. That’s one of the things I like best about you. But, did you really? I heard a rumor that you were taking the summer before deciding.”

Shocked, Justin says, “Have you been talking with Daphne?”

“We might have run into one another.”

“Unbelievable!”

“Now, Now. Let’s go get something to eat. I’m sure that beast in your belly is hungry by now.”

That’s one thing Brian knows. If he wants to prolong his time with Justin, asking him out to eat always works.

Half an hour later they’re sitting on the patio of De Longs, who make the best ribs in Pittsburgh.

“Brian. I can’t believe you even know about a place like this, considering your penchant for healthy food.”

“I have friends who consider greasy artery clogging foods one of the main food groups.”

“Thank God. I’m in heaven!”

Brian mostly brought him here because he longed to hear those moans and sounds of pleasure that escape when Justin indulges in foods he loves.

“So, when’s the mattress being delivered? I’ll come over and help you try it out. Just to make sure you purchased the perfect mattress.”

“Nice try, but I’m not sleeping with you, Brian.”

“I don’t know. Your place is pretty big. It might be spooky being there all alone overnight.”

Justin hadn’t even thought about that. It would be one thing if it was remodeled, and he had walls and separate rooms. Right now, it really is one huge room with two levels. He can’t stop thinking about how scary it might be in the middle of the night, and all the strange noises he’ll hear.

“I’m not a child. I’m not afraid of the dark!”

He’ll call Daphne, and ask her to sleep over the first night or two…

Brian leans over and licks some barbeque sauce off the side of Justin’s mouth, giving him a small kiss before he pulls away.

“Brian.”

“What? I didn’t want you to get barbeque sauce on your new outfit. Now that you’ve had an Auntie Em makeover, I’ll be taking you shopping to add the Kinney finesse to finish it off.”

“I can’t wait. Will I need to take out a second mortgage to pay for it?”

Smirking, Brian says, “Maybe.”

He’s staring at Brian. Thinking about Brian’s kiss is starting to make his heart race, and his resistance wane, forgetting he’s in a long-term relationship.

After lunch, he asks Justin if he wants him to drop him back off at his new place or the condo. Justin has yet to mention that he sometimes stays with his mom. Pulling up into the driveway, Jennifer’s out watering her flower boxes under the front windows. She goes over to greet them, and during the conversation she invites Brian to dinner sometime. He smiles, accepting her invitation.

Justin glares at the two of them, he’s not ready to give into his feelings just yet. Seeing his mother and Brian getting along so well is strange, because no matter how much Ethan tried, she hated him.

TBC…

Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for taking the time to read my fic, I hope you enjoyed it! Hugs ~ Kathleen