- Text Size +
Story Notes:

2nd part of the "Consequences" series. We find out how Brian and Justin met and why Brian decided to keep his relationship and later marriage a secret from his Pittsburg family.

Author's Chapter Notes:

A big thank you goes to my beta Lohaisi. She's been such a huge help.

‘Leo and his extra wishes are going to be the death of me.’ Brian thought as he picked the perfect suit for the evening. He had been traveling through the United States for two weeks already and he had to admit - to himself only of course - that he was getting tired. Tired of being the stud, tired of being the poster boy for the single life, tired of being a bank for his friends and family. Tired of feeling and being alone.

 

He had arrived in New York four days ago and just finally finished the last presentation for Leo Brown. He was looking forward to a quiet and early night since his watchdog - also known as his best friend Michael Novotny - wanting him to go out to drink and trick wasn’t there but Leo’s invitation to an art show had ruined that plan. He has never heard of the artist, one Justin Taylor, and Brian really wasn’t all that interested in art or art shows but Leo had convinced him to check it out.

 

He met with Leo and his wife Charlene at his hotel and they shared a limousine to the gallery. Brian was impressed by the art. He felt a connection to the pieces but he was really annoyed with all those arrogant rich folk people, especially the women. His bad mood quickly changed tho when he laid eyes on the star of the evening: artist extraordinary Justin Taylor.

 

Brian approached the blonde soon after spotting him and enjoyed a very good conversation about art, music, movies and life in general. Justin Taylor was not the typical blonde: he was smart, funny and unlike many famous artists, he was down to earth and easy to talk to. They had an instant chemistry and the blue eyed man agreed without hesitation to meet with Brian for lunch the next day.

 

Two days later, Brian had cancelled his hotel room and stayed the rest of his time in New York at Justin’s apartment. Life with Justin was easy and honest. They cooked together, watched movies and talked about their lives and careers for hours and just enjoyed each other’s company. The sex of course was phenomenal as well and Brian found himself not wanting to go back to Pittsburgh or continue to travel.

 

In a two hour call to Ted and Cynthia, Brian managed to pass the tasks and presentations along with the traveling to his Kinnetik partners so he could spend more time with the artist he was slowly falling in love with.

 

Love… Brian had to learn the real definition of that word and emotion after meeting Justin. The blonde never wanted anything but Brian’s love and honesty in return for his love. It confused Brian because the only people to ever love him were his best friends Lindsay and Michael as well as Michael’s mother Debbie. But their love came with conditions and a price tag. Justin encouraged Brian to demand more time with his son Gus, to demand the respect he deserves not just as a businessman but also as a friend, father and human being.

 

Time flew and Brian found himself flying to New York all the time in between running Kinnetik and spending time with Gus. After seven months of dating Justin, Brian asked his blonde to marry him. Justin’s answer was a clear yes along with his sunshine smile. On his next visit to New York, Brian brought Gus and he watched in amazement how his lover and his son bonded quickly. Justin loved the mini Brian right away and Gus just adored “his Jussin”. Gus was the only one from his Pittsburg family who was at the wedding.

 

It was really a small ceremony only attended by Justin’s parents Jennifer and Craig, his younger sister Molly and best friend Daphne. At first, Brian was reluctant to meet Justin’s family but his fears of not being good enough for Justin were smashed right away by Craig. The businessman took the ad genius by the side and they shared a deep talk about family and responsibilities. Jennifer and Molly adored Brian who became more confident after meeting the Taylor family. He had already met Daphne and appreciated her honesty and ongoing support towards Justin.

 

Craig and Jennifer both fell in love with Gus the minute they met him and were happy to be his grandparents. Brian made Gus promise not to tell anyone about Justin and their life because he feared the reactions of Lindsay and Michael but also Melanie’s. Gus agreed happily although he wished he could’ve taken Jenny on their visits to New York.

 

Brian told the girls that he had business meetings in New York but also had enough time for Gus. Gus never really lied about his trips to the Big Apple. He just left some things out but Jenny knew everything and since she loved her Uncle Brian so much, she agreed to keep quiet. Brian hated that his son had to keep their lives in New York to himself but he knew that there would be consequences if the gang knew.

 

However, after year two of being married, Justin and Brian decided to have a baby. Cynthia, who knew about Justin, was tasked with the job of finding property and a house close enough to Kinnetik but not directly in Pittsburgh. She found a huge mansion in West Virginia, which was named Britin by Gus. Justin did not want to raise their child in New York. The property also included stables, a pool and a huge garden so they did not only buy some horses but also two German Shepherds named Beauty and Beast to protect their grounds.

 

Daphne offered to carry their baby and maybe more in the future since she didn’t want to be a mother herself. She had two older brothers and a younger sister who all wanted to have families of their own so she wasn’t worried about her parents never becoming grandparents. Daphne’s family supported her decision and just asked for the child - or children - to be told the truth and for them to be included. Brian and Justin agreed, wanting their children to have a big support system and as much love as they could get from their families. Craig and Jennifer were so happy to hear the news that they decided to move to West Virginia as well.

 

Moving to Pittsburgh had consequences for Brian tho… the moment he found Michael snooping around in the loft marked the day the happy days were over… at least for a little while because Brian knew that Michael would not give up quickly.

 

After he kicked Michael out, he picked up his phone and called Melanie. She agreed to meet with him in her office. The tough lawyer was surprised when Brian told her about his marriage and she wasn’t happy that Gus never told them but she understood Brian very well. She also realized that as soon as Lindsay would find out, her marriage might be ending. She was happy for Brian tho, having recognized the changes in the former club boy. She just didn’t think that the reason for the changes in Brian’s life was a man. Brian invited the brunette to dinner with his family and she agreed to bring Gus and Jenny.

 

To Melanie’s surprise, she liked Justin and was happy to see that the blonde man treated Jenny like family, too. Gus was relieved but also worried. He knew that his mommy wanted his daddy but he couldn’t understand how it was even possible since his daddy liked men and his mommy liked women, especially his momma.

 

Chapter End Notes:

I hope you liked this one shot. I have already started writing the multi-chaptered story but with my health situation I decided to only publish it when I finished it, so the wait for another chapter won't be too long if the meds might stop working at some point.

The End.
SandyGale is the author of 15 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Consequences - How Brian met Justin also liked 631 other stories.
This story is part of the series, Consequences. The previous story in the series is Consequences of Snooping. The next story in the series is Consequences - Chain of Reactions.