- Text Size +
Story Notes:

How will Justin react to Michael and Lindsay? What has Brian to tell those two?

Author's Chapter Notes:

Find out what Brian really thinks about his friendships, how Justin reacts to Michael and Lindsay and who surprises the family during dinner.

LIBERTY DINER

 

“Hello Michael, Lindsay.” Emmett greeted his longtime friends when they arrived together.

 

“Who’s your friend?” Michael asked while Lindsay just stared at the blonde.

 

“You’re Justin Taylor!” She stammered.

 

“Who?” Michael asked confused.

 

“Let me introduce you. Justin, this is Lindsay Peterson. She’s Gus’ birth mother and Mel’s wife. And this is Michael Novotny. Jenny’s dad and Ben’s husband. Michael and Lindsay, this is Justin Taylor. Brian’s husband and world famous artist extraordinaire.” Emmett said the last part smugly.

 

“WHAT? YOU’RE THE GOLD DIGGING WHORE WHO STOLE MY HUSBAND?” Michael yelled silencing the entire diner. Lindsay opened her mouth to speak but wasn’t able to let out a sound.

 

“I’m neither a gold digger nor am I a whore, Mr. Novotny. I earn my own money, quite a lot actually, by selling art and not my body.” Justin said sternly. Michael’s attitude really pissed him off. “And in case you have difficulties understanding Emmett, I’m married to Brian. Not to Ben, your husband so I didn’t steal your husband or anything else from you.”

 

“I don’t care what you say!” Michael shouted.

 

“Emmett, I’m so sorry for not listening. I should have listened when you said that this was a waste of time.” Justin told his friend before he turned back to look at Michael. “I thought you, Lindsay and I should meet and find a way to get along for Brian’s sake. He deserves nothing less but I guess you two don’t really care about him at all. Anyways, I’d like to say it was a pleasure to meet you but that would be a lie. So, goodbye.” Justin said and grabbed his phone and car keys and walked out of the diner, leaving a stunned Lindsay and a pissed off Michael behind. Emmett couldn’t help the chuckle that escaped his mouth.

 

“That was your only chance to save your friendships with Brian but you messed it up, as usual. If you think that Brian would chose either of you over Justin then you’re probably the most stupid people in the world.” The tall man said and followed Justin’s example, leaving the diner and his two friends behind.

 

LATER THAT DAY - KINNETIK

 

“Brian,” Cynthia said after Brian picked up his office phone. “Michael and Lindsay are here. They rushed pass the security and should be by your office soon.” She told her boss at the same time as Brian’s office door flew open.

 

“Thanks Cyn.” Brian said. Resigned, he turned to his two self proclaimed best friends. “What can I do for you? And keep in mind that this is a business, not the diner or your house.” He told them sternly.

 

“Why did you betray us so badly, Brian? And since when do you sent your whore to make nice with us?” Michael started shouting, not even caring about what Brian had said. Lindsay tried to refuse the fight by calming all of them down.

 

“Michael, shut up! Brian, why didn’t you tell us about your… husband? Don’t you think you owe it at least to me as Gus’ mother to know about anyone you bring into his life?” She asked, her voice laced with fake hurt.

 

“Because I knew that neither of you would be happy for me.” Brian told them honestly.

 

“How could we be happy if you hide something so important from us? We’ve always been there for you and trusted you with our secrets, fears and worries. Why can’t you do the same?” Lindsay wanted to know.

 

“Simple: I’m not you! You didn’t come to me without a string attached. You either wanted me to tell you what to do because you can’t make any decisions yourself or you wanted me to help and bail you out. And I’m not like that. When I screw up, I own to it. I paid for all of my sins and dues, worked hard to get where I am now in the business and I did all of that without your money, help, advice or anything. I’m my own person, not some robot my current partner wants me to be.” Brian said the last part looking directly at Michael.

 

“FUCK YOU BRIAN! I waited years for you to be ready for a relationship. For marriage and a family but you gave all of that to some blonde whore? Why? Because of his ass? It’s fat and ugly.” Michael said outraged.

 

“Michael!” Lindsay reprimanded the comic geek again. “We’ve met Justin at the diner earlier. Emmett was with him. You had invited all of the family except for Michael and me. Why would you hurt us so badly?” Lindsay even shed some fake tears. In truth she was just as outraged as Michael and wanted to slap Brian.

 

“I invited those who would treat Justin with the respect he deserves. They were all open minded, unlike you and Michael. And Justin’s ass is none of your business, Michael. Or are you jealous that my husband has not only a great, huge dick but also the most perfect ass? I would have never wanted a relationship or family with either of you. I married Justin because I fucking love him and don’t want to be without him. Ever! Losing either of you doesn’t even hurt me anymore but if I lost Justin, damn that would kill me. He doesn’t see me as his personal bank, God or whatever you and Lindsay have made me out to be over the years. He sees me, the real me and he loves me for all of that and more. Neither of you ever really knew me, only saw what I let you see and what you wanted to see. With friends like you, I don’t even need enemies.” Brian said in a boring voice. It was true, the thought of losing their friendship didn’t hurt him anymore. Both had hurt and used him way too many times in the past and he was sick of it.

 

“But Brian, we care about you and want the best for you.” Lindsay said.

 

“Really?” Brian asked and both, Lindsay and Michael nodded yes.

 

“Good, then you won’t give my husband any shit, right? You are happy that I found my one true love and will have a family with him.” Brian asked and saw how both had to swallow and just nodded their agreement with their fists clenched. He smirked at the two of them.

 

IN THE EVENING - DINNER AT DEB’S HOUSE

 

“Thank you all for coming.” Debbie said looking at the big family minus her son Michael and Lindsay. She had called everyone after watching the scene at the diner between Emmett, Justin, Michael and Lindsay. “Justin, I want to apologize for how my son treated you earlier. I’m so ashamed of his behavior. I never would have thought I had raised him to be so angry and full of prejudices. I’m sorry.” She sobbed.

 

“Debbie, please don’t apologize for the behavior of your son or Lindsay. They treated me rudely, not you. You have nothing to be sorry for.” Justin said, hugging her.

 

“But it is partly my fault. I always saw him as my perfect baby and blamed Brian for my son’s wrong doings. And now he thinks he owns Brian.” The red head sobbed harder.

 

“Yes Deb, you did cuddle him too much. You made mistakes in the past as a parent but Michael is an adult. He’s been friends with Brian, Emmett and me for years. He saw all of us growing to be successful businessmen, he watched us mature but never once thought he had to do the same. He’s still stuck in his 14 year old mind. That isn’t only your fault. He made decisions that were just plain stupid.” Ted told her, trying to cheer the mother to all of them up. At least a little bit.

 

“Ted’s right, sis. You have tried to make him responsible for his own actions since he met Ben. You stopped treating him like your precious angel. But he didn’t start maturing at all. It’s all on him now.” Vic added.

 

Before anyone was able to add their thoughts, they were interrupted by several knocks on the door. Wondering who it could be, Deb walked out of the living room to open the door. She was surprised to see a stranger standing there. “How can I help you?” She asked.

 

“Uhm, hello Debbie. I doubt you recognize me but it’s me, David Cameron.” The man introduced himself to the mother of his former boyfriend.

 

Debbie looked at the man suspiciously, remembering David Cameron very well but this man didn’t look like him at all.

 

“It’s really me Debbie. I… I had an accident and some rather shitty months, excuse me for being so blunt. I need your help.” The chiropractor said.

 

“Uhu, and what I can do for you?” Debbie asked, confused and curious.

 

“I need Brian Kinney’s address. I listened to a conversation between Michael and Lindsay by accident and he should know about it. They… well they threatened Brian’s husband. Neither of them recognized me, by the way.” The man tried to explain.

 

“Well, I don’t have to give you Brian’s address. Come on in, he’s here with his husband. You can tell them and all of us since we met here to talk about my son’s stupid behavior. And Lindsay’s, too.” Debbie welcomed the man in.

 

The entire group looked at the intruder, no one recognizing him as Michael’s former boyfriend.


“Good evening everyone, I’m David. David Cameron. I used to dated Michael. Maybe you remember me? Anyways, I’m here to speak to Brian. Lindsay and Michael have plans and I think your husband is in danger, Brian.” The doctor said and everyone held their breaths.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Many thanks to my beta loahisi :)

The End.
SandyGale is the author of 15 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Consequences - Confrontations & Honesty also liked 656 other stories.
This story is part of the series, Consequences. The previous story in the series is Consequences - Surprises. The next story in the series is Consequences - An Act of Kindness.