- Text Size +


Justin and Jarod avoided each other all morning.  Justin was out of his mind with worry. They had finally gotten an email that said there would be an email tomorrow with instructions.  Justin longed for Brian to arrive and yet dredded it. He had talked to Gus this morning doing his best to be calm for his son who was also very worried about his sister.  John was glad to hear Brian would be there soon. He could hear the emotion in Justin’s voice. John couldn’t imagine the stress Justin was under. He was struggling with dealing with the little Princess missing and he was only her cousin.


At noon the hotel had a cart of food.  Justin forced himself to get a plate and picked up some yogurt and fruit.  He saw Jarod and knew what he had to do. He sat in the chair across from him.  Ironically, it was the chair Jarod had leaned over last night. “Jarod, I owe you an apology.  I have never….I mean, not with someone I care about….I didn’t think about you at all. I didn’t even check if you had, well….I’m sorry.  Everything was just so out of control I had to control something but it was wrong.”


Jarod sat and took another bite of his lunch.  “Shay is coming today. I told her how much I love her and I missed her. Thanks for reminding me of that.”  He took a deep breath. “I had been asking for it for weeks. You just showed me last night that at least some of what I remembered was a fantasy.  Something that had happened because of the right place and the right time. Justin, I am not sure how you are functioning at all. Don’t worry, I won’t tell Brian.”


“I have to tell him and I am thinking that could be the end of it.  We vowed to only be with each other. I broke my marriage vows. He may never forgive me. If we don’t get Brinn back….” Justin dissolved into panicked tears.


Brian called Justin  when he had landed in the USA and the plane was refueling.  Brian sounded very very businesslike. “Any word, Justin?”


“They are supposed to contact us tomorrow. They said not to expect anything until tomorrow.”


“Does the FBI have any clues?”


“No,”  Justin’s voice cracked, “She has to be so scared.  She has to wonder where we are!”


Professionalism was gone and the emotion filled his voice, “I will be there soon, Sunshine.  I am trying to get a new pilot so I can leave quicker. I will let you know when I a taking off. I love you.”


“I love you, too, Baby.”  But you are going to hate me is what Justin screaming in his own head.


Jarod walked up to Justin and put an arm around him. Justin tensed. “Justin, I don’t want anything from you.  All I want is to support you and maybe get a little strength from you, too.”


Justin clung to Jarod like he was a life line in the middle of the ocean.


Justin I hope we can always be friends.  I hope that never changes.


The FBI called a meeting that afternoon for all involved.  Justin’s resolve was collapsing a brick at a time. None of them had any clue where Sandy was.  They had verified she was the person that took Brinn. When they searched her home Justin and Brinn were all over it.  Pictures of the interview plus some candids taken i New York had been pinned to the wall. “But what are you doing to find her! Who is looking for my daughter?”  He stood up so quickly his chair tipped over. “She is only 10 months old and she has to be scared if she is even alive. I’m not stupid. Everything you say is stepping around the obvious!  Every hour I don’t have her in my arms…..” Justin crumbled to the ground.


Jarod stood up, nodded to the others at the table and helped Justin to his feet and walked him to his bedroom.  Jarod knew Justin hadn’t slept for over 36 hours. He took off Justin’s shoes and his shirt. He looked at Justin’s pants and loosened them and pulled them off.  He helped Justin pull on a pair of short and then had him lay down on the bed. Jarod spoke softly, brushing Justin’s hair off his forehead. Justin turned into Jarod’s arms and pressed his body against him.  Justin began raising his head to Jarod’s but then began sobbing. “I need Brian.”


“He will be here later, ssshhh.  Close your eyes, Justin. Just for a couple minutes.  I will take charge for now.” He knew Justin wasn’t listening but he kept murmuring until he was sure Justin had drifted off.  


Jarod slipped out of bed and out of the room.  He reviewed the notes of the FBI and when he heard the door open and looked up, Shay was walking toward him.  Now it was his turn to fall apart. After standing in Shay’s arms for a long moment, Jarod asked to be notified if they found anything and took Shay back to his room.  Shay took charge once the door was closed. ‘Oh, Babe.’ was all she got out before Jarod fell into her arms. Within seconds Jarod had found her mouth with his. His desperation came through as they made love. Shay was there for him with a touch, a look, anything to show her support.


“Justin hurt  you, didn’t he?”


“He was crazy with worry.  He needed to be in charge of something.  The only feeling involved was fear.”


“But,”  Shay looked into his eyes, “Did he hurt you?”


“I can still feel the physical aspects if that is what you are asking.  I won’t lie, I did get pleasure out of it but he was just fucking me. There was no connection.  What he did was make me realize how much I love you. I won’t lie I still find him really attractive and I hope we can remain friends but that is what it is, a friendship.  I just can’t believe we got tricked and now Brinn is suffering for it.”


By the time Shay and Jarod came out of his room, Justin was out of his room and was pacing like a caged animal.  Jarod took a step toward him but Shay took his arm. “Let me.” Shay walked over and took Justin in her arms. He collapsed against her.  Jarod was out of range to hear what was being said but Shay sat on the couch with him. She asked Justin questions about Brinn, “I know I met Brinn but I am sure you can tell me so much more about her.” Her plan was to get him to focus on anything and she thought Brinn was the best topic right now.


Jarod found out they had a couple leads about a woman and a baby that fit Sandy and Brinn’s description.  Both accounts talked about a very distraught baby and a woman who didn’t seem to know how to calm her. He couldn’t tell Justin that the woman’s frustration level was high and that she was quite cross with the baby.  Poor Brinn.” Jarod was so thankful Shay was here. She was still sitting next to Justin. He seemed a bit calmer. Jarod’s phone rang and he looked at it. It was Brian. “Hello.”


“I want an update before I get there and I don’t want anything left out, Jarod. What have they found out so far?”


Jarod told Brian about the report of the woman and baby.  “Justin hasn’t heard that has he?”


“No, Shay is here and distracting him.  Brian… I, he…..I….”


“I want to hear all the details of how this happened but right now I just want to get there.  I hope the FBI worked it that there will be a helicopter for me to take over to the hotel. If that happens I should be there in the next hour.  If they couldn’t arrange it, it will be at least two hours. Oh, I gotta go. I’ll text you once it is set.”


20 minutes later Jarod got a text saying he would be there in an hour.  It also said not to mention it to Justin. If he had any delays along the way he didn’t want him to worry.


The FBI agents were thinning out.  They would have a full unit there in the morning when the email came in.  It was expected at 9:00 a.m. so they were all meeting at the suite at 8:00 to review all the details.  The remaining agents were set up in the dining area of the massive suite. There was also a police officer outside the door of the suite.  The press had been hanging around since the story broke and a couple times had managed to get to the floor but none had made it to the door.  Dinner was brought up every night after being prepared with someone observing it the whole time.


When the door opened no one even looked up.  People walked in and out all day and if they had made it this far they had gone through several layers of security.  Brian was pointed in the right direction and as he walked around the corner he saw Justin sitting with a pretty woman he was fairly sure was Jarod’s wife.  


Very softly Brian said his name choking on it as he did. “Justin.” He froze where he was and opened his arms.


Justin was propelled by an invisible force from the couch and flew into Brian’s arms.  They clung to each other. “I’m sorry, Baby, I’m so sorry. I was supposed to keep her safe.  I shouldn’t have let anyone near her.”


Brian’s lips found Justin’s and silenced him.  Soon neither of them could think straight. “I’m sorry it took me so long to get here.” Brian said almost in a moan. “I have been going out of my mind not know what was going on. Why haven’t they found anything yet?” Brian was asking questions between kisses which were growing more demanding by the minute.  “Your room, where’s your room.”


After they entered his room, Justin dissolved into Brian’s arms.  “She has to be so scared. I need to be there for her. Is she getting fed?  She doesn’t even have her favorite blanket to sleep with. Oh, god, Brian……” The last three words were a cry of anguish.  


“I know, I know baby.  I wish I….I wish….” He devoured Justin’s mouth and before they realized it they were both naked on the bed. Justin’s back was to Brian and he was begging him to take him. Brian lubed up and slid into a very tight Justin.  He began to stop but Justin slammed back to meet him crying out in pain he had inflicted on himself.


“I need to feel this.  I need to know this isn’t all a bad dream...I need my baby!”  Justin shouted as Brian clung to him and they both found physical release. They both fell asleep in each other’s arms. Neither had slept much in the last 40 hours.  After sleeping a couple hours Justin woke up screaming. “Brinn, Brinn, where are you Baby Girl?”


Brian gathered Justin in his arms.  “Sh, Justin. I’m here, Sunshine.” He kissed his cheek, his forehead, and then his lips.  “Justin, Brinn isn’t here, remember.”


Justin began weeping. Brian pulled him closer and joined him.  When they were both nearly cried out, Justin whimpered, “I’m so sorry, Brian.”


“Sunshine how many times do I have to tell you.  It was not your fault. You were drugged. It wasn’t your fault.”


“I know.  I just shouldn’t have… I mean, I wasn’t thinking.  I was so scared.” Justin drifted back to sleep.


Brian laid there awake.  That must have been some dream.  He was trying to make sense of everything Justin said.  What shouldn’t he have done? What didn’t he think through?” Brian drifted off.  


Brian woke as Justin  was kissing his way down Brian’s body.  Brian guided him back up and began kissing him.  Justin was everywhere at once. He was was kissing Brian’s neck.  Then he was trailing his tongue down Brian’s abs. Then he was back on Brian’s mouth.  Brian started wondering if he was just trying to forget Brinn for a couple minutes. He didn’t know why but he thought there was more going on here.  It was like a lightbulb went off. Gently, Brian backed away from Justin a couple inches and softly said, “What happened, Justin?”


Justin turned over and curled up into the fetal position. “I didn’t mean to,” Justin was trembling.  “She was gone! I didn’t know what to do. You weren’t here. I needed to feel like I was in control. I just screwed him. I know I hurt him.”  He curled up tighter. “I wasn’t thinking about anything but being in control. “I’m sorry, I’m so sorry!” Brian reached out to touch him and Justin trembled.  


“Come here, Justin.” When Justin didn’t move Brian slid up against him. “Sunshine, we can talk about this later.  Right now the only thing that matters is we are together and we need to find Brinn. I love you, Justin, and that isn’t going to change no matter what you have done.” Justin relaxed a little and Brian pulled him closer.  “We need each other through this. I know I can’t do it without you.” Brian turned Justin to face him. “My love will never change, Justin.” Their lips met again and Brian’’s tongue slipped into Justin’s mouth and Justin’s hands slid to Brian’s cock.  His mouth followed his hands and Justin focused all his cares and concerns on Brian’s cock. He slid his hand under Brian’s scrotum and began rubbing. Brian soon was moaning with the pleasure Justin was giving him. Brian sighed before the trembling began and then as Justin continued to stroke the perineum as Brian came over and over into Justin’s mouth.


Brian pulled Justin back up and kissed him.  Justin looked into that beautiful face. “Thank you, baby, I promise….”


“We aren’t going to talk about this again until Brinn is safely sleeping in her crib back home.”  With that Brian claimed his lips again.”


Brian and Justin came out of the bedroom and helped themselves to some of the food that had been brought up.  Everyone kept one eye on the clock, waiting for the email to come through. Brian saw Jarod in the dining room/FBI Central.  Jarod came over as Justin stepped into the bedroom for a minute. Brian walked up to Jarod and put a hand on his shoulder in a friendly gesture. Softly he said, “Jarod, if I see you near Justin alone, you’re dead.  Just wanted to let you know.” He smiled at him like he was finishing a polite conversation and walked away.


Brian found Justin in the bedroom and wrapped his arms around him from behind.  “Sunshine, it’s almost time. Are you ready for this?”


“What if we can’t see her?  I need to see her so badly. I need to hold her. I need to be there for her! Damn it!”  Justin’s voice got steadily louder.


Brian pulled him close. “Take a deep breath, baby.  We can deal with anything together. Let’s go out and wait with everyone else.”



The email came in and sounded like it was from an old family friend who was watching Brinn for them.   She had attached a picture of Brinn. Brinn wasn’t looking happy but she seemed to be clean and cared for.    The email also said there would be a video chat in an hour. Brian and Justin stood there embracing while they waited another agonizing hour.


The FBI said it was important for Justin to be the only visible on the video feed.  The email was addressed to him, not him and Brian. This gave them a clue to her state of mind.   The tone of the email, just an old friend also told them this wasn’t a person looking for a ransom. This was a person who was mentally unstable and who had been caring for a ten month old for over two days now.  Statistics would say this wasn’t going to end well. She would eventually lose it and injure, kill, or desert Brinn. They coached Justin on his demeanor and facial expressions. They had no idea if she had stayed in the city here or if she was back in Pittsburgh or by now she could be anywhere.  


After the FBI agent was done coaching him, Justin was trembling.  Brian pulled him close and kissed him. “You can do this, Sunshine.  I will be right off camera the whole time. Just look at me for support.  I know you can do this, Sweetheart.”


Justin sat down just as the video chat app started.  Sandy’s face popped up on the screen.


“Justin, glad we finally got set up to talk.  I have been so enjoying my time with Tia. I am glad you let me watch her until we can get together.”


“Ya, that was very nice of you, Sandy.”  Justin wanted to scream at her to tell him where they were.  Justin glanced over the camera and saw Brian’s encouraging face. “Is my little Princess there?”  Justin glanced at Brian again.


“Of course, she is.’ Sandy bent down and put Brinn on her lap.

“Hello, Baby Girl. Hello, Sweetheart.”


“Dadadada.” Brinn reached for the monitor. “Dada.” Tears rolled down her cheeks.


Justin glanced at Brian again.  “Who do you keep looking at? Is there someone there with you?  


“Um, I’m sorry, I was checking something, checking what time it is.”


“You haven’t been able to get rid of him, that Brian yet.  I understand. Tia and I will stay away longer. I will be in touch.” And she was gone.  


“No, Sandy, no come back. Brinny. Oh, god, Brinny.  Sandy, don’t go. Get her back. Get her back!” Brian rushed around the table and grabbed Justin. “I ruined it.  I scared her. It’s my fault. It’s my fault. Brinn.”


Brian took Justin in his arms and held him. “You didn’t do anything, Justin.  Let’s go to our room for a while.” Brian walked Justin to their room and said he would be right back.  He walked over to the head FBI agent. “Where does this leave us? Were you able to track anything?”


“We will analyse the tape.  Mr. Taylor-Kinney, Brian, this isn’t a good turn.  I think it’s time for you to go home. She will expect Justin to be there and, Brian, We don’t have a good feeling about this.”


Brian’s whole body slumped.  “How am I going to tell him that?”  Brian looked at Jarod, who stood nearby. “How do I tell him?”


Brian shut the door as he walked into the bedroom. Justin was sitting on the edge of the bed.   Brian sat down next to him and put his arms around his husband. “We aren’t getting her back, are we Brian.”


“We’re going home, Sunshine.  Let’s pack up and go home.”


“Noooooooooooo,” Justin collapsed against Brian as they held one another.



It had been a week since Sandy had called.  Brian and Justin were back home. The FBI still had a couple agents at the house and a task force was working on it at the police station.  The video with Sandy had turned up nothing. The FBI was still tracking the origin but she was very clever. Every time they seemed to be getting close to finding out where she was there was another stumbling block.  


Everyone at the house tried to keep some semblance of normalcy.  Tony and John continued classes. Peter had quit his valet job and was working at the house.  He was working day and night at hacking into the emails. Gus continued spending most of his time at the house with Brian and Justin.  Brian and Gus’ moms debated if that was the right thing to do but Gus said he wanted to stay and everyone agreed it would be good for Justin to have him there.  Gus gave Justin a little joy.


At the end of the week there was another email.  It asked if he had gotten rid of Brian now. Was it safe for her to contact him again.


Justin instantly sent a return email. All it said was ‘yes’. In the past they had done that and the email bounced right back.  This time it went through. Sandy responded, ‘All it said was 10:00 a.m. tomorrow.’


“BRIAN!  HEY, everyone.  An email. BRIAN!”  Justin pushed the intercom.  “Get up here.”


Brian nearly flew out of the office.  Justin met him. “I know I was supposed to check with an agent but I didn’t think I just hit  send. But she responded. The email went threw.”


By now, the agent posted had arrived and was sitting at the computer.  He was on the phone to a computer specialist. John and Peter ran in the door and Brian looked at Peter and nodded to the computer.  The agent was clumsily getting around. Peter, standing behind him was trying to help. Brian walked over, “Agent, let my nephew in.  He can figure this out much quicker than you and whoever you are talking to.”


“But, Mr…..Brian,”  the agent stammered.


“I take full responsibility.  Now MOVE!”


Peter dropped into the vacant chair and started typing.  His fingers flew across the keys. Within minutes he was in a world of numbers and codes that no one understood around him.  Peter was following the trail from the house outward since the email went through. The email had bounced around. This woman had skills or she knew someone who did.  He felt he was close but then ran into a dead end and he couldn’t find a path back out. He looked up at Justin and Brian and with tears in his eyes, he said, “I am sorry.  I’ll go back but I was blocked. Someone or something seemed to know I was tracking it.”


Brian put his hand on Peter’s shoulder, “You did your best, Peter.”


“But as usual, that wasn’t good enough.”


“Peter, you did great.” He looked at the agent still standing there.  “Is there someone Peter can talk to at your office and see if they can share information.  It seems as though Peter got closer than anyone in the past.” Brian walked away as the agent and Peter started talking.  He collected Justin in his arms. “Sunshine, let’s go lay down for a bit. Did you ever come to bed last night?” Justin slowly shook his head. Softly Brian said, “I think we need each other.”  The kiss was soft but said volumes. “Please, sweetheart come with me. We won’t hear anything until tomorrow now. You and I could use a little,” He smiled down at Justin’s pale face. It had been far too long since he had seen that trademark smile. They both needed their baby girl.


“Justin, why don’t you go up.  I’m going to grab some water and maybe some fruit.”  Robotically, he turned and walked up the steps. Brian looked at Alice.  “Did you get something that will help him sleep?”


“I did but it is an injection.  That is the only thing that will get him sleep and yet have him wake up without the feeling of a hangover.”  


“I can’t give it to him.  If I turn on the intercom will you come up from the nursery maybe and I will position him so you will have full access to giving him the shot.”


Alice’s sad face looked up at Brian.  She kissed his cheek. “Maybe tomorrow we will get some good news.”  He hugged her quickly and grabbing a couple bottles of water and a couple bananas he was gone.  A tear ran down Alice’s cheek as she went back to work.


Brian walked in the room and looked around.  He knew where he would find Justin. He set the snacks down and walked into the nursery.  Justin was staring into the empty crib. Brian wrapped his arms around Justin’s shoulders and drew him against his chest.  He dropped his head onto Justin’s shoulder and let the tears flow. Would they ever see their daughter again? After a time Justin turned into Brian and together they sobbed for their daughter.


Justin took Brian’s hand and lead him back to their room.  He looked up at Brian. He brought his hands up to Brian’s tear stained cheeks and brushed the tears away.  He ran his fingers through Brian’s hair and then fisted his hands in it and drew Brian’s head down and savagely took Brian’s lips with his own.


Brian’s reaction was as visceral.  He reached down Justin’s pants and squeezed hard enough for Justin to whimper. “Brian, fuck me.  Hurt me. Do something to get me to feel anything, to numb the pain.” Brian slammed him against the door frame.  He yanked Justin’s pants down and drove in hard and fast as tears streamed down both their face. Even after Justin had shot cum all over the wall Brian kept driving in until he just puddled on the floor. Justin collected himself and squatted  down by Brian. “Come here, Sweetheart, let’s get in bed.” Justin helped Brian stand and they laid down next to each other. This time they moved slowly. Lips and hands touching and trailing. Brian again entered Justin but this time it was so gentle,  so slow that together they climbed and then again plummeted down. As they laid in each other’s arms reality again sunk in. “She’s gone, Brian. I’m not sure I can live without her.”


“Sunshine, you need to sleep.  Let me get us some water.” Brian walked over to the table where he buzzed Alice without Justin noticing.  He brought a bottle of water over and Justin took a swallow. Brian saw Alice in the doorway. He pulled Justin to him and in  his ear he whispered, I’m sorry, Sunshine. He gripped him tight.


“Brian, what are you doing? Alice?  No!” And with that Alice injected him.  “What the hell?”


Alice then walked around to Brian’s side of the bed.  “Alice, what are you doing?”


“Brian this isn’t good for you either.  Are you going to move the blanket or am I?  I have two for you.”


“What the hell?”  


“One is a vitamin shot.  Remember how sick you were 6 months ago and the other is just going to take the edge off so you can get a bit of sleep too.”


Brian was still hanging on to a very upset, Justin, as he drifted off to sleep.  “Damn, that hurts!”


“Well, if that one hurts hang on tight.” She injected the vitamin booster with more joy than she should have.  That one always burns.”


“I have had a lot worse, Alice.”  


“I know you have, Brian.  I know you have.” She ran her hair through Brian’s hair as he joined Justin in a deep sleep.


Alice wandered into the nursery.  She sat in the rocker, hugged Brinn’s favorite blanket, and weeped.



Justin woke up before dawn.  He curled into Brian’s warmth.  For a moment he just wanted to act like nothing was wrong,  He moved and remembered Brian’s assault last night. He had begged Brian to do it and he was glad he did but this morning he felt every nerve ending.  Had Alice actually given an injection. He rubbed his ass and realized he definitely had been given a shot. He slid up against Brian. In the back of his mind, he tried to forget reality.   He reached out and touched Brian’s beautiful face. He had neglected him lately.


Brian’s eyes fluttered open and he captured Justin’s hand, kissing it.  “Did you sleep well?


“That was a shitty trick, getting Alice to inject me.”


“Does it make you feel better if you know she gave me two shots?  Look, I bet there are bruises.” He flipped and showed Justin his ass. “See!”


Justin ran his hands over those perfect globes and soon found his mouth on them.  He brought his mouth to the bruises. His tongue stroked over the tender spots. Brian began to shiver as Justin went back and forth over the spots.  His finger began to slide over Brian’s bud, adding pressure and before he realized his finger slipped in to locate his prostate.


“Are your boo boos feeling better?”


“Oh, god, what boo boos?”


“Baby, may I….?”


“Yes, please, yes…..”


Before Brian was sure what was happening he was on his stomach with a scarf around his neck. It was loose while Justin loosened him up.  He had grabbed a vibrator and had slowly inserted it. As Brian’s breath quickened Justin tightened the scarf and then he removed the vibrator and slowly slid in. Justin focused on Brian’s breathing and together the climbed.  As Brian began to get light headed they crashed together. And as there breathing returned to normal, tears again formed in Justin’s eyes.


“How can I feel so good when I feel so horrid! I’m sorry, I just need to pull myself together.  I need to convince her I dumped you for her to get a girl back. How am I ever going to do that?”


“Brinn needs her dads to love each other, too.  She knows we love her.” Brian looked at him directly. “Justin, say anything you want about me.  I know it is all for her. Say you hate me. Tell her you are ready to meet her anywhere to join her and Brinn.  I will sit under the table if you want me near. Tell her you are ready to be with a woman. You were with Tina. I know you can get her to believe you. You need to be with your daughter.  You need to be with her.”


Justin shivered.  “Just thinking about being with her, even just in the same place.”  Justin’s face went dark. “ I may kill her, Brian. If I am there alone with her. I want her to die.”


The look on Justin’s face scared Brian.  He had never seen him look like that. “Justin, Darling, I totally understand how you feel.  I want to do the same thing but our daughter needs her daddy desperately. If you did that, you would not be able to be with her.”


They kissed again and Brian glanced at the shower. Justin nodded and they got up.  Brian looked at Justin in the shower and could see how much weight he had lost. “Justin, you need to eat.  You have to keep up your own strength. How can you help her if you aren’t healthy? And I don’t want to have to drug you again to get you to sleep but I will if I need to!”



 

 

As the sun came up Brian and Justin stood by the French doors, drinking a cup of coffee, watching the sun come up. Brian had one arm protectively around Justin as Justin leaned against him.  


“Good morning, gentlemen.  I hope I am welcome this morning.”  Alice had walked into the kitchen and poured a cup of coffee for herself.


Justin looked at her with a smile that didn’t reach his eyes.  She longed to see his face light up again which would mean that precious baby was back where she belonged.  “Of course you are welcome, Alice. I would never have agreed to it if anyone asked me and I am thankful you did the same for your cohort.  We both slept well.” She walked over and stood next to them. Justin leaned over and kissed her cheek, “And thank you for watching out for Brian while my mind is elsewhere.  You have my permission to give him as many shots as he needs to stay healthy.”


“Watch it, young man, or you may be getting a few vitamin shots, too,”  she touched his cheek. “I know it is none of my business but, Justin, I am willing to be next to you as you talk to her this time.  I won’t say anything unless you lose your words. I can verify that Brian is gone and that I am ready help with the baby when she arrives here.  I know she will want to meet somewhere but if she thinks this house will be yours together, it might help. And, honey,” touching his cheek again, “it’s understandable that you would get flustered.  I want to help.”


Alice made breakfast and made sure both of them ate something.  By 8:30 the house was buzzing with agents including Jarod. He had gone home for a couple days taking care of the tour for Justin but he was now back.  He hated seeing his friend so distraught. Justin was looking very thin but today he had a bit more color. They had put their interaction behind them for the more important goal, getting Brinn back.  In a meeting that included several agents and most of the family they discussed how this was going to play out. Sandy was not responding as a normal kidnapper at all. It was obvious she was delusional.  They tried to decide what was the best way to handle it and after reviewing they went with Alice’s plan. If Justin couldn’t continue Alice could and Brian insisted on being under the table so he was totally out of sight but he would be there for support.


Many of the agents had already picked up on the connection between these men.  Even those who had personal issues with their relationship could feel the love in this unconventional family.  The love and support they all gave each other was palpable. It just made them all the more focused on bringing this little girl back into this home.


As 10:00 neared Justin’s heart rate was going up. Brian held him close as he murmured support and confidence in his ability.  The agents had a list of points for Justin to make and try to get information to figure out where she was.


The computer signaled there was an incoming video call.  Justin accepted the call and put on a fake smile. Sandy’s smiling, demented face came on the screen.  On her lap sat a very passive, glassy eyed Brinn. Justin took in an audible gasp turned it into something that looked like a happy reaction.  Brian, of course, couldn’t see the screen but he squeezed Justin’s left hand. “Justin, who is with you?” Sandy sounded very suspicious.


‘You remember Alice.  She is going to help us with the house and Brinn when you get here.  She has been making some changes she hopes you will like. She’s adding a feminine touch for you.”


Brinn’s little face squished up in a pout and she said, “Dada?”


“Yes, Baby Girl, it is Daddy,”  His voice wavered. “I miss you, sweetheart.  Are you being a good girl?”


“She has been very fussy.  I got her some medicine to calm her.”


Alice saw Justin was quickly getting to the wrong frame of mind and she turned the camera on herself so he could pull himself together. “Hello, Sandy, did you know I was a nurse? Tia,” She used Brinn’s true name as Sandy had done that in the past. She felt Brian’s hand in hers now. “She can be quite fussy sometimes.  When you get here I will be able to take care of her when she is like that. You and Justin will have plenty of time together.” Justin had a visceral reaction to this but Sandy smiled broadly.


“That will be very nice,” Sandy replied. “I don’t think I should travel to Pittsburgh by myself with Tia.  Let me talk to Justin again.” Justin had calmed himself down and Alice turned the camera back toward him.


“Sandy, where would you like to meet?  I will come anywhere you ask.”


“I know you are doing your best but I think the FBI is still looking for us.  I will call back tomorrow once I have a chance to set things up. 10:00 am again.”

“Sandy, please wait a minute. I want to see Br...Tia once more.”  She held Brinn in the camera view. “Soon, love, I will see you soon.”  And the screen went black.


“She has drugged her!” Justin stood up so quickly the chair flipped backward. Jarod rushed in from behind and caught Justin as he nearly fell with the chair. “I can’t believe she drugged my baby! I will kill her when I get my hands on her.” Brian was by his side as quickly as he could get up. He glared at Jarod.


Brian looked at Jarod and under his breath he said, “Get your hands off him.”  The temperature in the room dropped at least 20° for a minute. For a moment Jarod kept his hands on Justin’s upper arms but then Justin touched Jarod’s hand and stepped into Brian’s embrace. Alice wondered what that story was.


The rest of the family circled around them and quietly Alice said, “I don’t think she is using anything too strong on Brinn.  If I had to guess she is using something like benadryl. As long as she doesn’t exceed the dosage she will be fine. It makes people sleepy but isn’t dangerous unless too high a dosage is given repetitively.”  Alice than looked over at Brian and then at Jarod who was a couple feet back. “And I don’t know what all this posturing is about but don’t we have enough to deal with?”


The FBI was already replaying the conversation and Brian wanted to watch it.  Justin turned into Brian so he didn’t have to see his blank eyed daughter again.  Brian’s arms tightened as he saw Brinn for the first time. A tear ran down his cheek.  John and Peter both put an arm around Brian. Tony and Tiffany stood off to the side holding hands with Alice.  The agents started analyzing the video and the feed and Alice, Tiffany and Tony came in to join the family. They completely encircled Justin and Brian and just stood that way for a time.  


Alice was the first to speak.  “John, Tony, you two need to get going.  You have classes to get to. She kissed each of them and shooed them out the door.  Tiffany went back into the kitchen and started a fresh pot of coffee and Alice joined her starting lunch for the group of agents that had been spending so much time with them.  Peter hung on the fringes of the FBI. He had been helpful a couple of times with his computer skills. Jarod made the wise choice of staying near the FBI although he wanted to be with his friend. He could see Justin’s pain and he had to admit he saw the same thing on Brian’s face and on a regular day he was sure he could take Brian but with his pent up fear and pain, Jarod knew Brian could do real damage.  He kept an eye on Peter, also. Peter had skills that were very useful in his line of business. When this was all over he may have a chat with that young man. And he was young, barely 18.


Justin and Brian walked into the office just to be alone.  Nothing was said for a long time. Finally Brian said, “Justin, you did great.  You got her to believe you. She is calling tomorrow, not next week.” Justin nodded.  Brian’s office line rang. “Oh, crap, I have to take this. Ted needs some answers. Any day he will be off for a while to get their baby.”  He saw Justin slump at the thought. He grabbed the phone, “One minute.”


“Justin, I just need about 30 minutes. I will come find you soon.”


“Brian, I can be alone. Face it, I am still a grown up. I don’t need you to hold my hand 24/7.”


When he walked out into the kitchen he heard a baby.  He turned to see Daphne. Without a second thought he walked over and held out his arms. Daphne handed her daughter over without hesitation. Justin pulled Ali close and walked away.  Daphne gave him some space. She could not imagine what he was going through She watched the gentleness Justin used with her. She could see him talking to her, kissing her. Her heart ached for him.  Soon he sat on the floor with her and Daphne joined them. “Thank you, Daphne. I needed this so badly. I need….”


“You need Brinn back where she belongs.”  Daphne put her arm around Justin and just sat there with him.

This is where Brian found them  Justin was asleep on Daphne’s shoulder.  Brian walked up,and quietly said, “Do you mind?” He pointed the the little one on the floor.    She nodded and Brian scooped up the little girl. He inhaled deeply. The smell of a baby made his heart weep.  Brian buried his head in Ali’s soft sweater. As she started squirming, Brian felt arms come around him. Justin came in close.  Daphne gently took her daughter and kissed each of the men on the cheek before she walked out the door.


Justin found Brian’s mouth and  through the tears they both drew nourishment from each other. Hands slipped in and out of clothes and soon their shirts dropped to the kitchen floor.  Next Justin’s hands slid down the front of Brian’s pants and then between his legs with his hand landing on Brian’s hardening cock. “Damn it, get out of that clothes.”  In minutes they were both naked. Brian positioned Justin so he was braced over the arm of the sofa and he slowly entered him him.


Peter walked into the kitchen from the FBI area.  He froze. His first instinct was repulsion but then he really looked at his uncle and Justin.  They both had pain etched in their faces and yet their love shone through. Brian molded his body to Justin’s and Justin reached back to grasp Brian’s neck as his back arched and then cried out. They held perfectly still as they both cascaded down, back to the real world, the world of pain and loss.


Brian glanced up and saw Peter standing there. “Oh Peter, we, well, obviously you know what we were doing. I’m sorry, the kitchen isn’t very appropriate.”


“You don’t have to apologize for loving your husband, especially in this stress. I….” Justin and Brian both pulled their pants on.  “I forgot, I came to tell you something. We may have made some progress. They think she might be in Canada. They tracked….let’s just say one of the connections led us outside of Toronto. They are talking to their counterparts there. I’ll let you  know if they come up with something. And Justin, Brian, never apologize for showing how much you love each other, although I prefer not to walk in on it too often. Hey, guys, I love you.” Peter slipped out of the room.


Brian and Justin were still soaking in the news.  Outside of Toronto was a big area but they had just  gone from the world to a province. “When she calls tomorrow,” Justin’s face showed hesitant excitement. “Maybe they will be able to track her?”


“I really hope so,” Brian didn’t want to give any false hope.



Everyone held their breath the next morning for contact.  10:00 am came and went but there was no contact. Justin sat by the computer until noon. Justin didn’t leave the kitchen until 3:00 pm. Alice and Brian tried to convince him to get some fresh air or maybe work out for a while but he refused.  At 5:00 an email came through. All it said was, ‘They know. It’s not safe. Contact you next week. The sound Justin made as he read it was unearthly. It sounded more like a wounded animal than a man. Agents and family came running. Brian and Gus came from the office where Brian was helping him with homework before dinner.  Brian saw the look on Justin’s face and knew something had happened. He approached Justin but there was no response. He looked at the screen and took him in his arms. He was stiff and unresponsive. He was no longer showing any response. Brian led him upstairs to their room and laid down with him. He could no longer say the words everything would be alright.  He wasn’t sure he believed it himself.


Justin quit eating.  He started going into the nursery and just rocking.  More than once Brian heard him singing. He was beyond worried.  Brian and Alice discussed what they should do. One night Gus and Brian were talking and Brian asked Gus if he would like to go talk to Justin.   It didn’t want to pressure his son but he was out of ideas. “What should I say to him, Dad?


“”Just tell him about your day.  Tell him how cold it is today. Tell him you love him and miss playing games with him.  Give him a hug and a kiss.”


“Dad?” Gus said very quietly, “Do you need a hug?” Brian clung to his son for a minute and Gus hung onto him.  


“Gus, you know if this gets too much you can go back with your moms.”


“I’m staying until my sister gets back.”


“Gus, we may have to face the fact she isn’t coming back. That woman hasn’t contacted us in a week.” Gus’ face crumbled and Brian took him in his arms.  “I don’t want to believe it either but I didn’t want to lie to you.’ Brian and Gus hugged for another minute.


Gus wiped his eyes and looked at Brian, “I’m going to go talk to Daddy now.” Gus started spending as much time as he could with Justin.  Although he was a far cry from the outgoing cheerful man he used to be Justin started coming around. It had been nearly 6 weeks since she was taken.  The weather was much colder now. October was nearly gone and Brinn’s birthday was a month away.


Peter ran into the bedroom, “Justin, Justin. There is an email.  She is calling in 30 minutes. The FBI is so close to getting her, Justin.  They really think if she doesn’t panic, this could be it. Justin rushed down to the kitchen.  Alice wanted to pull him aside and comb his hair but maybe Sandy would see his pain. She thinks she loves him maybe pity will work. Could he play the game in his current state?  


Justin sat in front of the computer, refusing to talk to the FBI  he said he had this. When the call came through. Justin’s face changed.  Sandy popped up looking haggard. Justin could hear Brinn but not see her. He spoke first. “Sandy, this has gone on too long.  I need to be with Brinn and you. We will meet this week. What city are you near. What place will work. I will fly there and help bring you an Brinn back where you belong.  She promised to email and address and a phone number by th end of the day and he believed her for some reason. He was in charge and she was following directions.


Justin had barely said goodbye and Brian had swept him up in his arms.   “You were amazing. You played her perfectly.”


“But I didn’t see or hear Brinny.  What if…..”


Brian kissed him.  This is going to work.  By this weekend we will have our daughter back.  I just feel it. Now let’s go talk to the FBI and work out details”



A plan was put into place.  Saturday morning Jarod and Justin  would fly to Toronto. Jarod would be explained as a buddy that would watch their backs.  They would meet up with Sandy and Brinn at an art museum. Her warped mind thought it was a perfect place for a reunion, among the art they both loved. She would bring Brinn along, of course.  Everything was set with the Canadian authorities. They actually had located the apartment she was staying at but felt the public exchange was the best way to deal with this..


As much as Brian hated to do it, Jarod was the only option to go with Justin.  The FBI thought it would be good for Justin to have a familiar face with him as well as someone that could be protection.  Brian couldn’t even be in the same building. He would take a private plane up to Toronto and have it wait to take the whole family back home.    More than once his mind wandered to the ‘what if’. What if she had killed Brinn? Could they pick up the pieces?




Friday night Justin and Brian lay in bed side by side, both in their own thoughts. Neither wanting to voice the negatives in their heads but they both knew the possibility.  It had been a long time since they had made love. Justin had been so despondent most nights they just slept in each others arms. Brian slowly turned to Justin. “I need you, sweetheart.  I need to feel you, in me or around me, I don’t care. Please, baby, I think you need me too.”


Justin turned to face him.  “Brian, I just don’t know if I can.  I just…..”


“You need to feel love.  You need a sheen of sweat from head to toe. You need your nerve endings on edge wondering what you are going to feel next.”  Brian’s hand skimmed down his pronounced ribcage. His fingers traced each rib individually. Next, his tongue traced each one.  Brian nipped knowing he was causing him a little pain but hoping it would wake him up again, help him live again. His mouth went lower and began suckling, squeezing Justin’s cock and then his hand slid between Justin’s legs and he started drawing his nails from Justin’s tight asshole to his scrotum.  As he repeated this over and over Justin began to whimper and thrash. Brian brought his hot breath to Justin’s ear, “What do you want, Sunshine, what do you need? Tell me, what do you need?” He now ran his finger over Justin’s tempting bud. Just like before he repeated it over and over to the point where Justin was out of his mind with physical need.  “Tell me, Justin.” He put more pressure but wouldn’t enter him until Justin asked for it, begged for it. Now he withdrew all his touch from Justin’s body. “What do you need, Justin. Tell me.”


“I need you.  I need you buried in me. Now, Brian, I need you now.”


“I’m sorry but we are not rushing this.  But I promise you will get every inch of me.” Brian used plenty of lube on his fingers and inside Justin.  He angled himself so he could insert his thumb but the rest of his fingers could lightly use their nails again in that sensitive area. His thumb could just add a little movement on his prostate and Justin nearly lost his mind.  He then removed his thumb but replaced it with his middle finger. He turned it all around touching every surface within Justin. He then added a second finger and finally a third. Justin’s voice went to a plea for relief. Brian slipped in the now prepared opening but didn’t move.  He just filled Justin to the best of his ability. “Justin, we were enough for each other before. And if it has to be we will be enough again.” He then started a slow deliberate movement. Each move he made drove Justin further and further over the edge. Brian finally dropped on Justin and in his ear he said, “Now, now’s the time.” Justin’s fingers dug into the mattress as Brian’s linked his fingers over top and they both cried out together.  “We are always enough for each other.” Both men had a sheen of sweat covering their bodies as they drifted off to a sound sleep.



Saturday morning Justin and Brian woke early.  Brian kissed Justin and felt the wall was back up but understandably.  “Sunshine, I will be right behind you. God, I wish I could be with you.  It is going to kill me having to watch this go down from a distance away. Justin?”


“I’m sorry. I’m scared,” Justin kissed him, detached and cold.  “If I can’t get her back today we won’t see her again. I know it.  I feel it.” He got out of bed and began dressing. Brian stayed quiet knowing Justin’s mind was processing.  As they both finished dressing Brian took Justin into his arms. “Sunshine, listen to me,” He turned Justin’s head so he could look him in the eye, “Are you listening?” Justin slowly nodded his head.  “We have done everything we can. We are going to get her back today.” Brian pulled him close and held him until there was a knock on the door.


“Gentlemen, are you ready?”


Brian and Justin each got into a vehicle and left for the airport. The other five in the household stood together on the steps of the house, arms around each other.  They all needed their princess back.


The cars went to separate airports and got on separate planes.  Justin was on a commercial flight with Jarod and Brian boarded a private jet with several agents.  Brian texted Justin. “I love you, Sunshine. I will be with you soon. You can do this, Darling. Brinn will know you are trying to get to her.”



Jarod sat next to Justin on the plane.  He saw Justin’s hands shaking in his lap and reached over and took them in his.  “Justin, is there anything I can do for you?”


“Hold me, please. I can’t stop shaking. What am I going to do? How am I going to do this?”


“I promise on my life, we will get her back.  I will give my life if I need to for her, Justin. If it is the last thing I do I will make sure you hold your daughter before the end of the day.” Jarod kissed him on the forehead and looked at his lips for a long second and stepped away.


They would have a couple minutes to talk to the agents at the airport but once they left they would no longer have contact except through  an earbud and lapel mic that Jarod would be wearing. In case Sandy made a move to hug him they didn’t want any telltale signs he was wired for sound.  After the brief encounter they were to take a cab to the museum and then meet Sandy at a specific exhibit. Justin was nearly breathless with anticipation.  He would see his Brinn soon.


Both planes landed but Justin and Jarod went through the main terminal and Brian went into a small private building.  They stepped into a bathroom that immediately was closed for cleaning. The agents were waiting for them inside. They quickly wired Jarod for sound. As they hid a mic and an earbud, they reviewed possible scenarios and options and then they were gone.  Jarod and Justin walked out of the restroom and out to the row of taxis. They got in and gave the driver the address. Jarod took Justin’s hand and kissed its palm. “We got this, Justin.”


Brian got into an SUV with several agents.  They followed at a safe distance and pulled over before the taxi.   The taxi drove out of sight. “Why are we stopping here? We can’t even see the museum from here.  We need to be closer! What if we need to help? What if they need us?


“Brian, there are lots of agents in the building.  We are here to protect you,” the lead agent said.


“No, you are here to keep me away,” Brian said with agitation. “This is my family’s lives we are talking about. I need to be closer.”


“No, we are close enough.  The museum is just around the corner on the next block and we can be there in a minute.”


“Damn it!  I can’t just sit here.”



Sandy arrived early.  Finally she had given the baby enough medicine to sleep.  Now she was laying in the stroller. Sandy checked her hiding place and found the weapon she had hidden.  She had found a knife and adapted it so it would fit into the structure of the stroller. She had found a spot on the second floor of the building that was out of the way and could view the whole first floor.  She had been here several times. Sandy saw a few extra people around. She was afraid there would be but Justin assured her it would be alright. He had even gotten a friend to guard them. Soon they would be a family in the big house with a maid. Justin would protect her.



The taxi stopped. Justin and Jarod got out and paid the driver. Jarod and Justin nodded at each other. Justin stood up straight and walked in with an air of confidence.  They were to meet at one of his paintings that was on display. Justin walked up to the information desk and asked where he would find his painting. This was the code for the agents to know he was in the building. “Mr. Taylor, what an honor it is to have you with us,” the museum employee said.  The young man looked at Justin and nearly swooned.


“Please,” he held his fingers to his lips. “I am not here with my husband so we would like to look around quietly,”  he winked at the assistant.


“Oh, yes, sir.  I won’t say a word.”  He told Justin where he would locate the painting and headed up the stairs.  


In his ear, Jarod heard the agent’s chatter.  He glanced to his far left and he was sure he saw Sandy on the far side of the building.  She had a stroller. Jarod said in a normal voice, “I see her,” so the agents knew he was aware.   


Justin jumped, “Where?  Where is she?”


“Justin, we need to meet her at the designated spot.  That is where they have the trap set up. We can’t stray from the plan unless she forces us. You are doing great.”


They were outside the door to the room where his painting was displayed.   “Justin, Justin!” A woman’s voice called from across the hall. “Justin Taylor? I can’t believe I just looked at your painting and here you are. Are you going to be doing autographs?”  It was not Sandy. It was just a fan and as Jarod tried to distract the woman and quiet her Sandy slipped from his view. Where had she gone? Where had Justin gone?”


When the commotion started Justin slipped into the room while Jarod distracted the fan.  He saw his painting on the wall and walked toward it. The room was quite small with just a handful of modern artist’s paintings in it.  It had one other door out the back. The angle of the lighting wasn’t good but Justin saw a woman of the right build coming his way, pushing a stroller.  He stood there looking as Sandy’s face came into view and then he saw his daughter. Brinn was motionless. He had to restrain himself. He wanted to run down the hall and sweep Brinn up and run the other way. Where were the agents?  Where was Jarod?


“Hello, Sandy.  Good to see you.  How is my Baby Girl?”


“Hello, Sweetheart,” Sandy laid a hand on Justin’s chest and leaned to give him a kiss.  


Justin was repelled but did his best not to show it.  His eyes wandered down to Brinn. Was she breathing? He wanted to touch her, to hold her.  Justin bent over and put his hand on Brinn’s back. He nearly cried when he felt the rise and fall of her chest.


“Sweetheart, don’t disturb her.  She has been so fussy. Let her sleep.”

 

Justin glared at her.  “I am picking up my daughter.” As Justin bent down he heard running.  He glanced over his shoulder and saw a man he didn’t recognize running toward him.  Everything happened so fast. As he picked Brinn up he saw something shiny in Sandy’s hand.  Justin covered Brinn’s body with his own as he saw a knife moving above her head. As he shut his eyes waiting for the blow.  He heard a crash and the stroller tipped throwing both Justin and Brinn to the side. Brinn whimpered as they hit the ground. Justin looked at Brinn to make sure there were no injuries.  He held her close to him when he realized there was no blood. The tears flowed from Justin’s eyes. That is when he noticed the activity to his side. Two agents were dragging Sandy away.  Then he saw two more agents on the floor a few feet away. Their hands were covered with blood and while one seemed to be pressing on a wound the other was checking for a pulse. It was then he realized. Jarod had been stabbed.