- Text Size +


It was 3:45 in the morning when the town car  pulled away from the house. Brian had argued about driving them but Justin talked him out of it.  Brian stood on the steps as his husband and daughter drove away. He wished he didn’t have the feeling of dread hanging over him. He told himself it was just the fact that Justin was leaving with Jarod but deep down he knew there was more to it. He went back to the empty bed next to the empty nursery.  After laying there for an hour he got up and went to the gym in the house and started running on the treadmill. After running nearly seven miles he got off and started lifting weights. If he couldn’t sleep he might as well workout.


The first stop was in NYC at the gallery that really kicked off his career.  He had a 9:00 a.m. meeting so it was a morning of rushing. Thankfully Brinn slept well and by the time they made it to the meeting she had had breakfast and was all smiles.  He wouldn’t be taking her to many meetings but since this was among old friends she was welcome. When an old friend wanted to take Brinn to another part of the building, Justin nodded to Jarod and he followed Brinn.


All the tour stops were aware of the issues Justin had with an unknown stalker and knew security would be high.  As much as he wasn’t sure Jarod was the right person to be with them, Justin realized there was a built in level of comfort there as well as the level of discomfort on a personal level but all of it kept them both hyper aware of their surroundings. Jarod was still off with Brinn while Justin was making some minor adjustments to the paintings in the gallery.  A stunning woman walked in. She was model thin with long auburn hair and vivid green eyes. She looked vaguely familiar but he knew he hadn’t really met her. His caution level jumped up a couple notches. She head directly to Justin. The gallery guard was beginning to cross over to be closer in case he was needed.


“Mr. Taylor-Kinney, could you tell me where Jarod is?” The woman said in a soft Irish accent.


Then Justin knew who she was.  “Shay, so nice to finally meet you!” He waved the guard off as he gave Jarod’s wife a kiss in greeting. “And, please, it’s just Justin. Thank you for letting me borrow your husband for the next couple months.  Please, know you are welcome at any of the stops. Let me know if you would like to be flown down.”


“Can I be frank with you, Justin?  I didn’t want him to do this. You are a very hard act to follow and although I think he loves me, I know he still loves you.”


“If it helps, Shay, I am very much in love with my husband and as fond as I am of your husband and love him as a good friend, I have no interest in him.”  As he finished the statement Jarod came around the corner carrying Brinn. Justin’s face lit when he saw his daughter and soon she was back in his arms and Shay had wrapped her arms around her husband. When their kiss came to an end, Justin said, “Shay, why don’t you join us while we are here. If you would like to stay in the hotel you are welcome, if you don’t mind sharing a suite with Brinn and me. Jarod has  a room of his own. Please spend as much time as you would like with us.”


Shay took a big breath and let out a sigh of relief.  “You don’t know how much better I feel after meeting you.” Her whole demeanor changed and she was much more relaxed.  “I usually can judge someone quite accurately and the treat I was feeling is now gone. Although, I am glad you have hired my husband.  This beautiful child needs to be protected in any way possible. May I?” She extended her hands and Brinn grinned from ear to ear, reaching for the woman.


“It looks like you have already made a new friend. Brinn will be meeting her mother for the first time in a couple hours so she is making lots of new friends.”  Shay walked around the gallery with Brinn in her arms and Jarod at her side. Justin saw them talking quietly and sharing a stolen kiss now and then. He hoped this would get Jarod out of his funk. Maybe he would invite Shay to do the whole tour with them.  Jarod had obviously told her about their short encounter and she had a right to be worried. He hoped he calmed her fears.


After lunch Justin had found a space to set up his notebook and a place for Brinn to nap. He was focused on the emails that came in that day when he felt someone’s presence.  He looked up and there stood Tina. He had forgotten how pretty she was. He stood and walked over to her taking her in his arms and bringing his mouth down to her ear. “Hi, Tina, how are you? You look amazing!”  


“Hi Justin, it’s good to see you.” Justin felt her tremble a bit and was sure she hadn’t noticed the car seat that was just out of her line of vision.  “How is Tia?”


“Why don’t you see for yourself?” He took her hand and guided her around to the other side of the table.


Tina stood motionless and then dropped to her knees. Started reaching a hand out to her but then drew it back.  “Go ahead, Tina, if she wakes up that’s ok. She has been sleeping long enough.” Tina’s hand caressed Brinn’s cheek and Brinn crinkled her nose in her sleep and waved her hands a bit.


“She is so perfect, Justin.  Thanks for all of the pictures. How is John?  I think about him a lot. He is a great guy. From pictures you have sent I can see he and Tony are still together.”


“They are.  They are very happy together and John’s brother and his girlfriend have moved into the house with them. Everyone loves Brinn.  Alice sends her love. She said you haven’t responded much to her emails lately.”


Tina glanced at the floor guiltily.  “Please apologize to her. This has taken me awhile to work through but I know it was all for the best and I am moving on.  In fact, I have met someone and I think he’s special. He might be the one even though we are not rushing anything. How is Brian doing?  I heard how sick he was.”


“I’m glad you have found someone, Tina.  I am happy for you. And, yes, I..we..almost lost Brian early this year.  There were a couple times….” Justin’s voice faded and he heard a little squeak and glanced down to see Brinn grinning up at him, showing off her four front teeth.  He took her out of the seat and snuggled her, murmuring to her. Justin motioned for Tina to sit down and he sat in a chair facing her knee to knee. Brinn sat on his lap facing her.  Tina extended a finger and at first she didn’t do anything but soon she was reaching for Tina.


Tina reached and picked up her daughter.  As tears ran down her cheeks she held her close.  “Thank you for letting me come today. She is so beautiful.  Look at those teeth.” Brinn reached for the beaded necklace Tina was wearing.  Justin handed Brinn her favorite toy.


“Our daughter is very outgoing and usually warms up quickly as you can see. Being in a new place and just waking up has made her a bit more wary. I know you are watching Brinn tonight. Will you be able to have a late dinner at the hotel when we are done here? You can invite your boyfriend if you like. We could talk more about Brian then.” The look that crossed Justin’s face told her they were closer than ever.


“My friend won’t be able to make it.  He is out of town on a business trip but I would love to catch up.” Gesturing toward the door, she said, “What’s the guard outside the door for?”


“I just got some weird emails and you know Brian.  He is overprotective of us. He hired Jarod to come along on the tour. I really think it is just a wayward teen but Jarod is here to focus on Brinn so he will be with you all evening.”


Tina wisely took off her necklace and put it in her bag.  She sat on the floor and began playing with this little girl she gave birth to.  Justin excused himself to do the final review.


Justin realized he had missed this.  He really had spent most of the last year at the house or in the hospital with Brian.  Listening to the people around him he could tell they liked the style of his most recent paintings as well as his older ones.  Justin was surprised to see Sandy, the journalist he had gone to school with, at the opening. Maybe she was doing a follow up.  She made her way to where he was standing and he politely offered his hand. She stepped in and hugged him like an old friend. The guard was there within a couple seconds asking if everything was alright and asking her to step back.  She apologized and Justin just said the gallery was being very cautious. She stayed a step away but asked about Brinn and how she was doing. In Justin’s mind she was just an overzealous old acquaintance who might be looking for a little fame in the spotlight. Jarod was standing in a position that allowed him to see Brinn and Tina as well as Justin and he didn’t like the look of what just happened.  He would need to find out who she was after the close tonight. He was glad to see that the security guard was on his game. He was there seconds after she stepped up although if she had a knife it would have been to late. Jarod shook his head. He couldn’t think that way. The image of Justin laying bloody on the floor was more than he could deal with. He started adding a note to his phone.


Arms from behind him circled his waist.  He recognized her perfume. He had bought it for her on a trip to Paris with a client. How could he love her as much as he did and yet feel the need for Justin every time he thought of him.  He hadn’t hidden anything from Shay. She knew there was an attraction not to men in general but to Justin. Shay stood on her tiptoes and kissed his neck. “Shay I am working. I can’t be distracted.”


She slid her hands across his ass and very softly said, “I will see how much I can distract you tonight in bed.”


“Tonight? In bed?”


“Justin didn’t tell you.  I am staying at the hotel with the two of you while you are in town.  You don’t think he would join us do you? He is steaming hot!” The look Jarod gave her told her that was not a line to cross again. That did not help her insecurities. Her husband was spending 8 weeks with someone he loved and it wasn’t her.  Maybe she should go along.


Soon the doors were locked and Jarod, Shay, Justin, and Tina with Brinn were ready to head back to the hotel.  A limo from the hotel arrived to pick them up and after Brinn’s seat was snapped into place, they headed to the hotel.  “I am not sure what is for dinner. John ordered it ahead of time. He is supposed to have a couple options for us.”


Justin’s phone rang. “Hey, Baby. I am in the limo with Jarod and his wife and Tina.” That ring was only used for Brian,  


“So, you can’t respond to anything I say, huh?  I’m not on speaker, am I?”


“No you are not on speaker.”


The others in the limo started laughing. Tina grabbed the phone.  “I can tell being sick hasn’t changed you at all.”


“Hey, Tina, how are you?  What do you think of that beautiful daughter of ours?”


“No fair bringing up that angel when I was ready to give you crap.” Her voice got a little more serious.  “I am glad you are back to normal. Justin and I plan to talk to you a bit more when we get to the hotel.”

“I wouldn’t be here without him. God, I miss him already.  Nice talking to you but may I talk to my husband.”


She passed the phone back and as the other adults chatted Justin murmured into the phone.  


“You would think after they spent 24 hours locked in their room before we left they wouldn’t need to have phone sex already.”


Tina’s face went soft, “If you’d ever seen them have sex you would understand. It is so much more than a physical thing.”


They both looked at her quizzically. “Long story and nothing weird about it.  They were like a ballet. It made me so…..” She stopped when Justin hung up.


“I heard you, Tina.  I am not sure if I should be embarrassed or flattered.”


“And how is Brian surviving without you?”


“He is doing fine. He was just telling me Gus is doing reverse custody while I am gone.  He will be with Brian most of the time unless Brian is with me. It will be good for both of them.  Gus is getting to that age when spending more time with his dad might be good.”


Justin and Tina put Brinn to bed while Shay and Jarod got the food off the food cart and set the table.  As Tina and Justin came out of the bedroom, Justin stopped Tina and put his finger to his lips. Jarod and Tina were in a heated embrace. One of Jarod’s hands was on Shay’s lower back while the other was between them cradling one of her breasts.  Justin took a step back taking Tina with him. “You two have a history, don’t you? I think I remember his name being mentioned when I lived with you.”


“We do but obviously he has moved on.”  Justin changed the topic. He spoke as loudly as he dared to let Jarod and Shay know they were entering the room.


The four had a pleasant dinner and after Shay and Jarod had excused themselves Tina and Justin talked a bit longer.  Justin’s head started bobbing. He had been up since 3:00 and that was over 20 hours ago. Tina’ said goodnight and they set a time for her to arrive tomorrow.  She gave Justin a hug and said, “Thank you for sharing your daughter with me, Justin.” With a tear in her eye she gave him a kiss.


“Tina, she will always be OUR daughter. She wouldn’t be here without you. I am so thankful you chose to let us raise her. I’ll see you tomorrow.”


Justin rolled the food cart into the hall.  For a moment he stood in the living space and listened to the sounds coming from Jarod’s room and a flash of jealousy went through him. He wasn’t jealous of Shay, he was just jealous they could make love and he was going to bed alone. Or was he?  Did he still have something inside him that wanted Jarod? Of course he didn’t but then as he lay in bed alone, why was it Jarod’s face in his mind.


In the morning, Justin woke with Brinn snuggled next to him.  She had been fussing in the middle of the night, probably because of the strange bed so he just tucked her next to him and  put pillows on the other side of her. He woke up to the sound of “ Dadadadadada” and a little hand sticking her fingers in his mouth.


“Good morning, sweetheart.” He kissed her forehead.  “Let’s call your dad before we get your bottle.


The phone rang once and an out of breath Brian came on the line, “Good morning, Sunshine.  I hope you slept as poorly as I did.”


“Well, I didn’t sleep too badly but Brinn had a rough night so,”


Brinn started babbling again and saying dadadada.


“As you can hear she ended up in bed with me.  It sounds like Jarod has enjoyed his first night greatly.  Shay joined him.”


“How can he do his job if he is screwing his wife?”


“Come on, Brian, we are fine.  The guards at the gallery are very thorough and that is mainly because of Jarod’s review with them I think.”

“What have the guards had to do so far”

“Well, when Shay arrived she acted differently than your typical visitor and then, of all people, Sandy, the journalist showed up.  She was very odd but she seems harmless. But both times the guard was right there questioning the women and me. Relax, baby. Before you know it you will be here visiting us. Take care of yourself and Gus.  Oh, and by the way, what has gotten you so out of breath? I’m not there.”


“I’m just finishing up a run. I was on the cool down when you called.  I have to hit the shower and get into the office. I need to pick Gus up on the way home tonight.”


“I won’t make you late.  I love you, Baby.”


“I love you, too, Sunshine.  I will see you in a couple weeks.”




The show ran through the week without incident.  Tina had said goodbye to her daughter. The paintings were packed up and sent to the next stop and Jarod had said goodbye to Shay.  They boarded the plane, Brinn between them. This was one of the few times they had to just talk. Justin really hoped the time with Shay had relaxed Jarod and he had heard them set up another visit for her in a few weeks.  He hoped this was a good sign. They talked a bit about the next gallery and realized they were stepping around any personal conversations.


When they arrived at their new hotel it was the first time it was just the two of them and Brinn. They had spent time at the gallery and would go back in the morning to finish setup. They ate in the room again because it was just easier with Brinn.  When they finished eating Justin snuggled with Brinn and then settled her in his bed. He had given up on the hotel cribs. And besides he loved having her by him. He came back out into the living room and dropped on the couch next to Jarod. As they watched a movie, Justin fell asleep and when he woke up 30 minutes later his head was on Jarod’s shoulder and Jarod had his arm protectively around Justin. Justin sleepily looked up into Jarod’s eyes and slowly Jarod’s head began to descend but before their lips met, Jarod swore under his breath and got up quickly. “I’ll see you in the morning.” Jarod mumbled as he shut the door.


Everything went smoothly the first night at the gallery.  Just before closing the last night, Jarod was keeping an eye on Brinn and the caregiver but he could also see the main exhibition room and Justin most of the time.  He noticed movement at the far side of the room and realized someone was standing outside looking in the window. Jarod could have sworn it was the journalist from the first night in NYC.  He looked at Justin hoping to get his attention but by the time he looked back the woman was gone. He was fairly sure he was just seeing things.



Back home the family was settling to a new normal with  a 12 year old boy, well almost 12. Shortly after Gus moved it there was a night it was just the two of them for dinner.  Alice had prepared the meal and then left for the night. Gus wasn’t fond of the meal and after clearing his spot at the table. Brian asked him about homework.  “I’ll do it after I finish the movie I’m watching.”


“No, you will go to your room and do it now.  When it is finished we will see about the rest of the movie.”


“But, Dad,” Gus whined. The look Brian shot his son made him stop. He walked toward the steps. After Brian had put away the leftovers he went upstairs to see if Gus needed any help.


When he walked into the room Gus was sprawled on his bed playing video games.  “This better mean you are done with your homework.” The look that crossed Gus’ face told Brian the answer.  He plucked the game controller out of Gus’ hands. “Looks like you won’t be playing any games the next week.”


“What?  You have got to be kidding me?  I can have the homework done in ten minutes.  Come on, Dad….a week?”


Brian looked at his son with an intensity he had never seen before. Gus actually moved a bit farther away on the bed. “Trust me, Gus, if this happens again, you will regret it. I will be in my room if you need any help.”


Brian missed Justin so much and especially with situations like this.  He just knew what to say and how to say it to get Gus to follow directions. As Brian sat in his room he heard footsteps running up the stairs and a pounding on the door.  “Uncle Brian, Uncle Brian, I found something.”


“Come in, Peter. What crawled up your ass?  Oops, not your thing. What do you mean you found something?”


“I have been tracking emails and I think I found something.  Through multiple exchanges I ended up at a publication that did an article about Justin awhile back.”


“Shit, I knew I didn’t trust that woman!  Peter can you call the police station. The number is on the refrigerator downstairs.  Tell them who you are and what you found out. I am going to call the the magazine.” Fifteen minutes later he was calling Justin.  Justin didn’t have a chance to say hi before Brian burst out, “It’s Sandy James. She’s the one that has sent all those emails.”


“Whooh, Brian slow down.  Sandy sent the emails? Well, now we can get the police to tell her to knock it off.  She was even at the first night of the show in New York City. She said it was a follow up.” Justin put the phone on speaker so Jarod could hear the conversation.


“She was fired shortly after the original article for several violations of her contract.  No one has seen her since. Except you are saying now that you saw her.”


“Brian, this is Jarod, I think I saw her here the other night.  I glanced out the window and thought it looked like her but when I looked back there was someone else standing there so I just figured it was the reflection or something that made it look like her.”


“That means she is probably in the city with you.  I will be down…”


“Brian don’t be crazy.  You are coming down in a couple days anyway. Jarod has everything in control.”


“Brian,” Jarod responded, “I will get a couple more guards on the floor tonight. I have this under control.” He sounded very confident and Brian reminded himself that is why he hired Jarod.  He was the best.


“Ok, I will see you at the gallery Saturday around noon.  Sunshine, I can’t wait to see you. God, I need to…...”


“Uh, Brian,” Justin jumped in,  “speaker phone. I love you too, baby.  See you soon.”


Jarod was already on the phone to the gallery about setting up more guards.  Justin located a picture of her on the web and sent it to Jarod so the guards could see who they were looking for. At least they had a face now.


It was evident that there were more guards and Jarod was hypervigilant.  He was so pulled between being with Brinn and being with Justin. None of the messages were physically threatening but they were eerie enough to make Jarod very cautious.  Justin felt Jarod watching very close. One night as they were getting into the car to head to the hotel, Jarod heard footsteps coming up quickly. Jarod threw Brinn and Justin into the back seat and then looked around realizing there was a couple embracing behind him. Jarod got in and the car sped away.  He wrapped his arms around Justin. “Everything is Ok, darling.” He pulled him close and started lowering his mouth just as Brinn let out a cry.


“Oh, Baby Girl. I am sorry.” He had gotten in so quickly she was sitting at an odd angle.  He straightened the seat and buckled it in tightly. His attention was solely on Brinn now. He wiped away her tears and bent to kiss her.  “Tomorrow night your dad is coming to visit us. He misses you so much I may have to fight for his attention.”


Jarod made a low noise in his throat, “Like that will ever happen.”


“Jarod, Brian would…”


“Yes, I know he loves her.  I saw that, but he would still save you first every time.”


“You’re wrong, Jarod, you’re wrong.”


“If I was wrong you wouldn’t be upset.  I will save her first every time because I know that’s what you would want. Jarod looked into Justin’s eyes “Justin….”


The car stopped and Justin’s immediate attention went to Brinn.  “Are you ready for bed, sweetheart? I will get your bottle as soon as we get upstairs.”  


Justin mixed Brinn’s bottle and sat in the rocker while she ate it.  Justin sang as he rocked. He kept thinking about what Jarod had said.  Of course he would save her first, wouldn’t he? He told Jarod he wasn’t hungry and went to his bedroom shutting the door behind them.  As soon as Brinn drifted off, Justin made himself comfortable and soon was sound asleep with his arm wrapped around a sleeping Brinn.


In the morning, Justin was starving.  Skipping dinner wasn’t a smart idea. Brinn was playing with Justin’s hair and patting his cheek.  Soon both were giggling. Justin slipped on a robe and picked up Brinn. “Ooo, Baby Girl, I think you need to be changed.”  He started changing her and slipped on a onesie. “Oh, baby, Your dad will be here tonight. You are going to have to sleep in the crib tonight, no arguments.”  He kept talking as he got some cereal ready for Brinn’s breakfast. He fed her and his stomach growled loudly. “Well, if you are full I am going to go get something to eat myself. I better get us dressed.”  They dressed and Justin was just opening the door when he heard Jarod’s door.


“Where the hell do you think you are going!” a naked Jarod stood in the door.  Brinn started crying.


“What the hell, Jarod? Hey, Baby Girl, it’s alright.  You’re with Daddy.” Soon she was quieted again. “What is your problem?”  Justin looked at Jarod.


“You cannot leave this room without me.  Don’t you understand? We have a crazy woman out there.”


“I wasn’t leaving the building.  I’m just getting breakfast downstairs.” Justin couldn’t help but see Jarod’s beautiful body.


“You aren’t thinking straight.”


“Maybe that’s because I don’t dare be left alone with you. I know what you want.  And….and I’m not sure what I would do if we were alone.” Justin’s voice wavered. “I don’t know why? I can’t imagine breathing without Brian, but, Jarod, right now,  right now I need some breakfast. I am starving.”


“Give me a minute,”  Under his breath Jarod said, “If you would have eaten dinner and not have run from me like I’d….” Jarod didn’t bother closing the door.  Justin glanced in as he pulled on some clothes. Justin flushed as he felt his cock stir. Justin turned his back to the room. By the time they finished eating it was about 11:00 so they just got ready to go over to the gallery.  They figured mid afternoon they would grab a sandwich and Brian would be here for a late dinner. Justin packed a bag for Brinn and a change of clothes for himself and the three of them left for the gallery.


Justin had a conference call as Brinn slept in his lap.  When the call ended Justin tried calling Brian but he didn’t answer.  He called Cynthia next but her line was busy. He hoped Brian didn’t get delayed.  He needed him so badly. Just thinking about his touch….Jarod walked in with the child care.  It was the fourth night she had worked with Brinn so she didn’t need directions tonight.


Justin had done his best to stay a distance from Jarod today.  He kept picturing him as he stood in the doorway this morning. Jarod’s body was so different than Brian’s but they both were perfect in their own way.


Justin roamed from picture to picture.  He did some calculating in his head and he was doing really well so far.  He stopped at one portrait he had painted of Brinn. This one was not for sale  It belonged in his bedroom, their bedroom. As he stood there looking at Brinn’s sweet face ars slipped around him. Justin froze and he heard footsteps running toward him.


Softly, he heard, “Hello, Sunshine.” Brian flicked his tongue  in Justin’s ear.


Justin turned and melted against Brian.  The guards who had rushed over to protect him backed off.  Justin literally hopped into his embrace wrapping his legs around Brian’s waist as Brian slams him against the wall for balance as their lips fused. Justin’s hands were everywhere he could reach.  “Excuse me, Mr.’s Taylor-Kinney. At least I hope you are the other Mr. Taylor Kinney. Um, we are open for business and we really can’t have a scene like this going on.”


Justin dropped his feet to the ground and looked up into Brian’s beautiful face, placing his hands on both cheeks and he gently brushed his lips on Brian’s. “Hi, Baby.  I have missed you so much! Let’s go say hello to our daughter and then we will find a corner anywhere!” They walked to the back of the gallery and found Brinn’s area. When Brian walked through the door Brinn squealed and crawled as fast as she could toward Brian.  Brian met her and scooped her up, holding her close to his chest. He softly talked to Brinn as she hugged him tight. Justin wiped a tear out of the corner of his eye and then did the same for Brian. “Brinn has missed you so much.” Justin stood behind Brian and wrapped his arms around his waist.  Justin began lightly brushing against Brian’s ass with his pelvis.


Brian leaned against Justin.  Very quietly he said, “Soon, Sunshine, very soon.”


The babysitter had stepped out for a minute and politely knocked when she came back. Brinn was getting antsy from being held.  Brian kissed her and said, “I will be back to play with you in a little bit, sweetheart, but right now I want to go play with your daddy for a bit.” He gave her one more kiss and handed her over.  


Leaving Brinn, Brian softly said, “Please tell me there is some place we can go in this building.” Justin took Brian’s hand and led him through the back of the gallery.    


“I went looking for an out of the way place this afternoon and found this office that is obviously not being used.”  They were barely in the door when Brian had slammed the door and locked it. Before he could turn around Justin was pulling at Brian’s clothes. His hands went underneath.


“Holy Shit, what have you been doing!” Justin peeled the shirt off and ran his hands over Brian’s well developed six pack.


“Everytime I wanted your hot body in the morning, instead of just laying there I got up and and worked out.  By the time you come home, I should be ready for a bodybuilding competition.”


“I don’t care if you show it off but I am the only one who gets to touch.”  Justin leaned over and began running his tongue through the ridges of his muscles.  Brian pulled him up and led him to the sofa. Brian pulled off Justin’s shirt. Justin looked at his own abs.  I think I am getting a mom body. I can’t remember the last time I did a full workout.”


“Sunshine, it is amazing you have time to do everything you do.  All that matters is that we are all healthy and our daughter is happy.”


They laid side by side just letting their hands move into crooks and crannies.  “How is Gus? How’s it working with him at the house?”


“He is starting to be sulky and is mad because I took away his game system.  I wanted you there so badly because you just know what to say.”


“Hey, Brian, since I know what to say, listen to me now, please. Shut up and make love to me.”


Brian closed the little space there was between them and first lightly brushed his lips over Justin’s but then increased the pressure.  Brian’s hand slid into Justin’s slacks but he couldn’t get very far, “Damn it! Let’s get rid of those things.” He put enough space between them to undo the belt and then the fly.  He got distracted from the task at hand when his finger grazed Justin’s straining penis through his briefs. Justin inhaled quickly and then shuttered.


“Oh, god, hurry up.”


Brian enjoyed the reaction so stopped the removal of the pants and focused on the triangle of white cotton he could see.  He ran his fingers over it again, causing Justin to gasp. Leaving a trail of kisses, Brian traveled down Justin’s body and when he got to his underwear he did not remove it.  Instead he dragged his hot, wet tongue downward. He began tracing Justin’s cock leaving a trail of dampness.


Justin was about to say something when his phone rang. He immediately reached into his pocket.


Brian looked at him, “Seriously?”


“It’s Jarod, he is with Brinn and wouldn’t call unless,”  He answered the call. He said a couple things and then, “I’ll be right there.”


“Are you kidding me?” Brian moaned and Justin got up.  “What’s going on?


It was obvious Justin was struggling to regain control.  “Brinn’s sitter had a family emergency. She has to leave right now.  Looks like her dad came into town at a perfect time.” He had finished getting himself back together and placed his arms around Brian’s neck. “This is killing me, baby.”  He kissed Brian with such passion Brian staggered backward when they separated. “We are just going to have to wait a few more hours.”


Justin and Brian spent a little more time together with Brinn.  As they sat on the floor together, their hands continued to stroke an arm, a cheek, a thigh as they were focused on Brinn. Their nerve endings were so sensitive even a shoulder brushing a shoulder sent a shiver down their bodies straight to their groins.  Justin kissed Brinn’s head and then, putting his hand behind Brian’s head, softly kissed Brian’s lips. “I need to get ready. It is about time for me to be out there. Please, bring Brinn out to me at some point.” Justin left Brian and Brinn playing on the floor.


Justin was sure an evening had never gone so slow.  Jarod spent his evening out front with Justin and had a guard keeping an eye on Brinn and Brian.  Jarod kept a close eye on the door and the guests. Brian did bring Brinn out and Justin showed her off for a while.   Brian kissed him, pulling him close before going to the back again.


Brian had barely gone around the corner when Jarod was behind Justin and had his mouth to his ear.  “I just wanted you to know someone is taking pictures or video tonight. My equipment is picking it up.  If it is her she is in a great disguise. I think it is more likely just a vlogger getting some footage.”


Jarod was so close that when Justin turned to talk to him their lips nearly met. The electricity ran through both of them. Jarod began to lean in and Justin quickly stepped back.  Justin’s body was already singing from Brian’s nearness and his need hadn’t been fulfilled. Jarod seemed to know it and pressed even closer. Justin took an obvious step backwards and spoke loud enough for several people to hear him, “Thanks, Jarod.  You can go back to your post.”


Jarod looked like he had been slapped. Justin had dismissed him like he would one of the hired guards. He slipped away to his observation point.


The rest of the evening went smoothly.  Jarod was very professional when he walked up to Justin and Brian at the end of the evening.  “The electronic device left the premises shortly after we spoke. As I told you earlier I don’t feel it was a threat but you may see something in the media tomorrow.”  Justin quickly filled Brian in on Jarod’s information.


Brian shrugged it off.  “It’s not like it is the first time we would be in the news.  If they got a picture I hope it was of that smoking, hot kiss we had.  You know, the one that went like this,” Brian, quickly setting the car seat Brinn was sleeping in down on the ground and again claimed his husband in a kiss that made Jarod hard.


When the separated Justin mumbled, “Where is that town car?”


“Hey, guys, I am sure you would like a little more privacy tonight. If it is Ok with the two of you I might go explore the nightlife a bit. Of course, if you want me to be there I will.”


Brian looked at Jarod, “Thanks, Jarod, I think Justin and I can cover it in the hotel room and we don’t plan to go anywhere for at least 12 hours.  In fact, if you don’t mind, I will get you a separate room for the next 2 nights while I am here. Check with the front desk when you get in and they will tell you where you are staying.” Jarod nodded.  At this point he knew he was an employee and followed direction. “Would you like anything sent to that room?”


“No, as long as you don’t mind me coming by in the morning maybe after 10:00 for fresh clothes.”  


Brian and Justin slid into the car with Brinn and Jarod walked away.  Once in the car Justin and Brian continued their stroking of each other.  They both instinctively knew not to touch below the waist or both of them would have lost control.  By the time they got to the suite they were both so close that they backed away on purpose. Brinn was fussing a bit, wanting her bedtime bottle so Justin got it ready while Brian changed her into her pajamas.  Brian had missed his little girl so much. He inhaled her sweet baby scent and his emotions nearly overcame him. Eight months ago he was on his deathbed and it was because of these two and Gus that he was still here.  There was no earthly reason for him to still be here except for love.


Justin kissed him gently and took the empty bottle from his daughter.  “Let’s put her to bed and…” Brian took the kiss to a whole other level.  Justin shivered. Brian got up and put Brinn in her bed. When he turned around Justin was just a step behind him.  Brian closed the gap between them and resumed the kiss he started in the living area. Justin was fumbling at Brian’s shirt to get rid of the barrier between them. Both shirts were tossed to the side.  Justin kept running his fingers over the cut muscles. He then started running his tongue over them like he had earlier in the day. His tongue found its way into Brian’s belly button and as it darted in and out Brian held onto Justin’s shoulders for balance.  


When he couldn’t take it anymore, Brian shove Justin back on the bed.  He undid the belt buckle and fly yanking the pants downward and then pulled them off.  “It seems to me when we left off we were somewhere around here.” His tongue slid over the white cotton as it had earlier.  It was taking all of Justin’s will power not to cum at that moment. Brian removed his own pants and underwear showing Justin he wasn’t the only one in need.  He slipped his fingers under the waistband of Justin’s briefs and agonizingly slow he pulled them down. He started bringing his mouth down when Justin stopped him.


“Baby, if you do that it’s all over for me.”  He reached into the bedside table and pulled out a tube of lube.  Brian’s eyebrows went up. “Brian, it has been three weeks, I had to do something.”  Brian smiled and took the tube. He put some on his fingers and drizzled some so it would run down Justin’s crack pooling at his entrance.  Brian began running his finger over the opening to loosen it up. After three weeks Justin would be much tighter than usual. Slowly Brian’s finger was accepted by both cyphinters and then a second finger was added.  Justin was thrashing on the bed as Brian’s finger brushed his prostate. Brian kissed him long and hard.


Softly Brian said, “Remember Brinn is right next to us.”  Brian lowered his mouth on Justin’s erect penis. Justin grabbed the pillow and put it over his face as he reacted to his erect cock being sheathed in Brian’s mouth while Brian’s fingers still stimulated his ass.  A muffled scream came from Justin as he thrust over and over in Brian’s mouth as Brian swallowed it all. Brian removed his finger and the pillow from Justin’s face. Looking deeply into Justin’s eyes, he slowly slid in and stayed there, just inside the entrance letting Justin adjust.  He slowly bent over and entered Justin further at the same time. Their lips caressed, tasted, and then plundered each other as Brian slowly moved in and out of Justin taking them both higher than they had been before. They felt every millimeter of each other as Brian slid in and out. They both thought they may go mad before the joy overtook them. Brian filled Justin.  Justin orgasimed a second time as he clung to Brian. Together they came down to earth and fell asleep in each other’s embrace.


Somewhere around 5:00 a.m.  Brinn woke. Brian changed her diaper while Justin made her a small bottle.  He knew she would fall back to sleep soon now that she had a dry diaper and a little formula in her tummy.  They both kissed her and she fell back to sleep.


Going back to bed, their hands roamed over each other. Justin was fascinated by Brian’s new abs.  His fingertips barely grazed the surface but felt each taut line. Brian’s hands were on Justin’s face.  His lips grazed Justin’s over and over never going deeper. Justin’s hands traveled behind Brian and he started massaging Brian’s ass.  It, too, was firmer, as were his legs. “I am so glad you have Gus at the house to keep you home. If you went out every guy in Pittsburgh would be hitting on you.”


“Sunshine, listen.  Are you listening? You are the only man I want to touch or be touched by.  And speaking of being touched…”


Justin slowly inserted his finger into Brian.  Justin managed to reach the lube and get some on his fingers.  He slowly rubbed, stretched, and teased Brian’s bud. He finally reached Brian’s prostate and with his other hand he began rubbing the right spot on the outside.  It was Justin’s turn to say, “Remember Brinn.”


“I...always...remember her….but, damn, you are making it hard to stay quiet.” He savagely took Justin’s lips.  Brian slipped into Justin again and this time Justin was ready to accept him. There was no desperation this time, no urgency. They made love slowly, wanting to enjoy every second of it.  They drifted off to sleep.



Brinn was talking to herself when Justin woke up.  His hand drifted southward and found Brian’s flaccid penis.  Within seconds, Brian was hard and Brinn wanted some attention.  Justin got up and kissed her. “Hey, Brinny, you let you dad entertain you while I entertain him.”


“Justin, we shouldn’t.  We have never….”


“And we probably never will again but she won’t remember a thing and as long as her dad doesn’t totally lose his marbles she will enjoy being with you.”


Brian took Brinn and laid her on his chest as he talked to her and entertained her while Justin lowered his mouth onto Brian’s cock.  He danced his tongue up and down the shaft and on the tip of it Justin pressed his tongue on the slit manipulating it until he felt Brian tremble and heard a quiver in his voice as he talked to Brinn. Justin now took his whole penis in his mouth and throat.  He used a slight sucking motion and out of the corner of his eye he saw Brian hold on to Brinn tightly as Justin swallowed greedily. Brian took a deep breath and shuttered as his nerves calmed down.


“Brinn you have one very talented Daddy.”  Justin sat up and gave Brian a smirky smile.  


“Now that I have had some breakfast, shall we get yours, Miss Brinn?” Justin pulled on a robe and plucked Brinn off of Brian.  “Hey, Sweetheart,do you want to go downstairs to eat or order room service?”


“Looks like I have a message, let me check that and then we can decide.”


Justin had just started feeding Brinn some oatmeal Brian came out of the bedroom.  “Nothing wrong back home is there?” Justin asked as Brian walked up.


“No, everything is fine.  John sent you the same thing he sent me but, I take it, you haven’t looked at your phone yet.”


“No, Princess was hungry.  What it is?”


Brian dropped the phone on the counter in front of Justin. Justin glanced down and froze. At first glance, well and second glance, it looked like Justin and Jarod were kissing.  Someone had snapped this or captured it on a video and made it look like they were doing more than talking.


“Brian, baby, I promise that wasn’t what it looks like.” Justin looked up at Brian with pleading eyes.


“Brian wrapped his arms around Justin from behind.”  


“I have already looked at the whole video, not that I was worried.  They got some great footage of the three of us, too, in a real kiss!”  Brian nuzzled Justin’s neck. “Could Jarod tell who it was recording last night?”


“No, he didn’t have very sophisticated equipment.  Once he sees the video he may be able to tell what kind of camera was used.”


“I can tell you that.  Someone tapped into the galleries equipment and what he probably detected was the transfer of data to whoever tapped in.”


“Brian, how do you all this already?”


“Peter is a computer wizard.  John saw this online first thing and Peter analyzed it.”


“You know those nephews of ours could be a great asset to Kinnetiks.”  Justin turned into Brian’s arms. Brinn had finished eating and was playing with the spoon. “I hate that someone tried to make it look like Jarod and I were...Brian, we haven’t…”


“I believe you, Sunshine, you don’t have to convince me.  I never doubt your love for me and I don’t think you would ever intend to do it but,” Brian pulled him close, “You are still so young and so beautiful.  Of course other men, like Jarod, want you.”


“But you have me, baby.  My heart will never belong to anyone else.  Well, I guess portions of it belong to this baby and, of course, Gus.”


Justin barely realized it when Brian lifted him onto the counter of their kitchenette.  Brian spread Justin’s legs and slid in between them. Justin’s robe had fallen open and Brian’s hands migrated up his thighs.


“Uh, Brian, we really need to cleaned up.  Jarod will be here soon. I think the shower will hold all three of us.”


“I like the way you think, Sunshine, even if you are taking me away from a very exciting meal.”


By the time the three of them were ready Justin and Brian were starving. As they walked past  the mirror Brian stopped them. “Damn, I am a lucky man. I have the most gorgeous husband and daughter.”


“I could say the same thing. I want to rip your clothes off and…” There was a knock on the door and Jarod’s voice announcing himself.  


“You just caught us,” Brian said. “We are heading to breakfast. Would you like to join us?We have somethings to talk about.  Have you seen any news feeds this morning?”


“Yes, I already had the gallery send the raw footage to me.”


“Let’s talk about it over brunch.  We’re hungry.”


Once they had ordered and talked a bit they sent the raw footage over to Peter.  He was going to review the whole night and see if he could track anything down.



Far too quickly Justin found himself in a room with Brinn.  Brian had returned to Pittsburgh as Jarod, Justin, and Brinn moved on to the third and then the fourth city.  There had been more tension between Jarod but he had kept his distance. Brian would be back again this weekend but that was several days away.  There had been no more sightings of Sandy. Peter made progress in tracking the hack but it led to an offbeat art site that swore they didn’t know who Sandy was.  After the video they had gotten one last group of emails. Since then everything had been quiet.


This was the end of the fourth week away.  Justin really wished he and Brinn could go home for the weekend.  Talking to Brian, Gus was giving him a run for his money. He was at that age.  And he missed everyone at the guest house. On the plus side, the tour had been very successful so far.  He had sold many of his paintings and had a list of commission possibilities.


They wrapped up at the gallery and ordered dinner on the way home.  It had gotten to be a routine. After dinner Justin would talk to Brian as he fed Brinn her last bottle and after she was in her crib the conversation would sometimes continue.  Sometimes they had phone sex but no matter what they always finished with words of love.


Jarod went to his room after eating and Justin called Brian as he rocked Brinn.    “Hey Sweetheart, just a couple more nights and you will be here with us again. I”  Justin yawned, “can’t wait to see you, Baby.”


“I can’t wait, Sunshine.  I was already thinking about that hot,”  Brian heard Justin yawn again. “It sounds like you have a tired ass instead of hot ass tonight.”


“Ya, I don’t know what’s going on but all the sudden I am just wiped out.”


“Well, Sunshine, bring our doll to bed and then touch yourself until you cum thinking about me.  I will see you this weekend. Remember I have to fly over to Asia tomorrow and will be coming straight back to you.  I love you, Justin.”


“I love you, too, Brian.”   Justin hung up. He hoped he wasn’t getting sick.  He put Brinn down and dropped into bed fully clothed.  



Justin’s head was killing him.  Was it light out? Brinn hadn’t woken up all night.  He sat up but fell back down. What was wrong with him?  He realized he was still in his clothes. He remembered talking to Brian but he was so tired.


He looked at at the clock.  He blinked and looked again.  It couldn’t be 9:00. Brinn wouldn’t sleep that late.  He forced himself to sit up. “Brinn, sweetie, talk to Daddy.”  Justin stood up but his head hurt so bad. He walked to the crib.  It was empty.


Jarod, Jarod must have gotten her because he’s sick. He must be sick.  His head hurt so bad.


Justin stumbled into the living room.  “Jarod, is Brinn…..” There was no one there.


“Jarod,” Justin tried to yell but he was having a hard time focusing.  He had to focus. “Jarod.” This time he had much more volume. “Brinn, Brinn, Baby, where are you?  Are you with Jarod? Brinn!”


Jarod opened the door looking like Justin.  His head hurt. “Justin, what is it? Why are you calling for Brinn?”


“You don’t have her?”


“No, I just woke up.” He looked at the clock and sobered up very quickly.  


“Jarod, Brinn is gone!  Where is my baby, Jarod?  What happened? My head hurts so bad.” Justin was in a full panic.  Where is my baby, Jarod? Where is she?” By now his voice was loud and shrill.


Jarod was already on the phone calling the police and then the hotel security.  


Two hours later Justin and Jarod sat on the couch.  Justin couldn’t get through to Brian but they were working on getting a connection.  Justin had talked to John, who wanted to fly out to be with him but Justin insisted he stay there in case the kidnapper contacted the house. Blood was taken from Jarod and Justin and they had been drugged.  It had to be the dinner they had ordered so the police were now looking through the video feed with a picture of Sandy to see if she had been there.


About 3 that afternoon Justin got word that a message got passed on to Brian but because of storms they were unable to speak.  Shortly after that Justin’s phone rang. It was Daphne. “Justin, oh Justin, I just heard. Have you heard anything? What happened?”


Justin instantly broke into tears, “Someone drug us.  Daph, someone took my baby. What am I going to do, Daph, Brinn is gone!”


A flight attendant came over to Brian’s seat in first class.  “Mr. Taylor-Kinney? Can you come with me please, sir.”


Brian looked at the attendant.  “What’s this about?”


“I don’t know, sir. I was just asked to bring you up to the cockpit.”  Brian was shown into a small room that said crew only.


The look on the pilot’s face told him something was wrong. “Mr. Taylor-Kinney?  May I call you Brian?” Brian nodded.


“Brian, we received word that your daughter has been kidnapped. Because of an electrical store we couldn’t get a line for you to speak to your husband I am afraid and we have no more details.”


Brian looked at the pilot as if he wasn’t there. “That can’t be correct.  It can’t be Brinn. Justin and Jarod are with Brinn.” Brian’s voice got louder and louder as it sunk in.  “She couldn’t have gotten Brinn. Oh, god, Justin! Is Justin alright? Is my husband safe? By now he was in a full frenzy. “Oh, god, Brinn.” He dropped his head in his hands and sobbed. The pilot went back to the cockpit but an attendant was sent in to be with him.


Since the suite they had been in was a crime scene, Jarod and Justin were moved into the suite next door. It was much larger with room for the police to set up a workroom and Jarod and Justin each had a bedoom. Justin spent the day talking to friends and the police.  The family called every couple hours to get an update. Jarod spent the day working with the police. By the end of the day the police had found out that Sandy, using a different name, was hired at this hotel right after she had been seen in NYC. She had 3 weeks to get hired and established in the job at the hotel.  A police profiler had brought them sandwiches, chips, and soft drinks. Neither of them had eaten since the drugging last night. “Gentlemen, you need to eat something. You have to keep up your strength.”


Finally about 12 hours after discovering Brinn was missing, it was just Jarod and Justin.  Both men picked at the food. They really hadn’t talked to each other all day. Jarod looked over and Justin, “I am so sorry, Justin.  This is all my fault. I was supposed to be guarding her. I was hired to watch over you and her. I should have been more careful.


Justin turned to Jarod, “Jarod, you were drugged.  Who would have thought that Sandy would do that. I can’t stop wondering if she is being fed? Is she warm enough?  Is she being changed and bathed? Oh, god, she has to be so scared. I need to talk to Brian. Jarod, where is my babygirl?”


Jarod’s arms came around Justin and held him tightly.  “She never said anything about hurting her. She sounded like she wanted to be part of your family.  She will contact us. I know she will.” Justin stood and took a couple steps away from the sofa they had been sitting on. As Jarod watched Justin step away he hoped he was telling the truth.  Usually first contact comes fairly early. He looked at Justin’s anguished face and putting a palm on both cheeks he brushed the tears away with his thumbs. “Oh, Justin,” Jarod lowered his head and kissed Justin’s mouth softly. He didn’t mean anything by it.  He just wanted to show support for Justin. He looked so broken, so fragile. Jarod had to take care of him.


Justin needed the physical contact.  He needed to feel support. He needed Brian but he was thousands of miles away. Justin’s arms went around Jarod’s neck and Jarod again brought his lips to Justin.  This time Justin clung to Jarod and he pulled him tightly to his body. Justin soon took control. He stripped off Jarod’s shirt and then unzipped his pants. Justin yanked down Jarod’s pants and after stepping out of them, he threw them in a chair.  He needed to be in control of something and this was the only thing he could think of right now. With one hand Justin reached out and grabbed Jarod’s cock and his other hand wrapped around Jarod’s neck and pulled him into a forceful kiss. Jarod really didn’t care why Justin was kissing him, he was just glad he was. Justin had now turned Jarod around and after spitting on his fingers he didn’t hesitate but plunged his finger in. Jarod made a noise that was a combination of pain and pleasure.  Justin added another finger and and again shoved it in. Justin started pressing on his prostate. Jarod emitted another sound, this one of pure pleasure. As his fingers moved in and out Jarod leaned over a chair that had been nearby. Jarod reached into his pants in the chair and pulled out a condom. He handed it to Justin who quickly put it on. Justin again spit in his hand and this time used it on the condom as he plundered Jarod once more. Justin was nearly out of control. His world was totally upside down. As he thrust over and over all he could think of was Brian.  He had allowed someone to take their daughter. Brian had every right to hate him. Brian would never forgive him if Brinn wasn’t found. Justin drove in once more and emptied himself.


Justin withdrew unaware if Jarod had come or not.  He removed the condom, tossed it away, and went to his room, shutting the door behind him.


Jarod stood there, still hanging onto the chair. He reached down and stroked himself.  As soon as he pictured Justin’s face he finished himself off. This Justin wasn’t anything like the one he met five years ago.  Maybe sometimes memories weren’t as you remembered.


‘What had he done?’ Justin thought as he dropped on bed.  He had lost his daughter and now just did everything he could to lose his husband. There is no way he would ever sleep again without Brinn nearby.


When Justin’s phone rang he knew it was Brian.  He instantly wanted to talk to him but was sure he would know what he had done.  “Brian, oh baby, I am so sorry. I’m so sorry. She’s gone, Brian, our baby is gone and we don’t know where she is.”

Very softly Brian spoke, “Sunshine, take a deep breath.  I am so sorry I’m not there. I will be leaving here within the hour. I will be there as quickly as I can  I should be there tomorrow evening. I feel so helpless. I love you so much, Justin. I can feel my heart breaking in your chest.”


This broke Justin’s heart in Brian’s chest.  What had he done? What had he really done?