- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Brian and Justin just keep growing closer, while things back in the Pitts seem to be falling apart…


Title: My Rich, Arrogant Boyfriend…
Story Type: AU
Word Count: 3800
Warnings: Anti-Michael, Passion and Lust…
Beta Queen: Bigj52
Banner: Original banner by Weird Wacky World, updated banner by me.
Series: Rich, Arrogant… This is Part 2 of a 3 Part series.


Summary: Brian and Justin’s relationship has taken many twists and turns along the way, but they both want to find a way to move forward together. Will they be able to work things out, and accept each other’s needs, or will they go their separate ways?

Chapter Summary: Brian and Justin just keep growing closer, while things back in the Pitts seem to be falling apart…

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended…


My Rich, Arrogant Boyfriend

Chapter Four ~ Home Once Again

Debbie stands at the back door, tapping her foot, her arms crossed over her chest. If looks could kill, Michael would be dead. Furious, she grabs the wall phone in the kitchen, and dials Michael’s number, which of course, rolls over to voice mail.

“Michael, I know you’re not answering your phone because you’re avoiding me. But get your ass home! Now!”

Before she’s even hung up, she hears loud barking, and then sees a pack of dogs running around the backyard. Some are digging holes in her flower garden, others are pulling laundry off the clothes line with their teeth, while others are humping like it’s the backroom at Babylon.

“What the fuck is going on, Michael!”

“I started a doggie daycare.”

“The hell you did! Not at my house! Look at this mess! You’ve already destroyed the backyard, not to mention what you’ve done to my gardens.”

“You told me to get a job!”

“I didn’t say you could work out of my house. You should have asked me first, and you better believe you’re paying to replace all my flowers.”

“Ma! No one spends any time back here! Who cares about your gardens?”

“Is that dog shitting in my roses?”

“What? Fuck! Bruno! We just went on a walk. Couldn’t you have done that in the park?”

“Michael. That poor poodle is getting gang banged! You better separate them or she’s going to be giving birth to some strange looking puppies.”

“Oh, no! Ma! Could you please help me?”

“No. This will be a good life lesson for you. You can’t start a business that you know nothing about. Now get these dogs out of my yard, and don’t you ever do anything like this again. It goes without saying, I want this yard cleaned up by tomorrow night! Or you’ll be moving out of my house!”

“Ma, that’s not enough time. I’d have to work 24/7.”

“Then you better get started! Because I’m not kidding. I’ll put everything you own out for the garbage man!”

~~~

Brian’s playing with Justin’s hair as he slowly starts to wake up.

“I must have really worn you out last night.”

“Yeah. But in a good way.”

Justin’s head is resting on Brian’s chest, as they look into each other’s eyes.

“Brian. I’ve been wondering, what happened? Why aren’t you with Gus this week?”

“Fucking Michael! He called and told the munchers that the loft was broken into, and it wasn’t safe for Gus to stay at my place.”

“Are you fucking kidding?”

“No! God, I wanted to kill him. I almost did.”

“Now I understand Daphne’s video.”

“Daphne’s video?”

“Yeah. I’ll show it to you later. She basically put the fear of God into Michael.”

“And she recorded it?”

“Her brother Jamal did. It’s posted on YouTube. I think it might have gone viral by now.”

“That I have to see…”

“I was worried that it might upset you.”

“Whatever happened, he deserves it. He went too far this time. Him and the munchers. They wouldn’t even let me explain there wasn’t any robbery. I was so fucking pissed. I really needed you, but you had already left. I felt so alone, and I knew I needed to find you. I needed you to know that I loved you.”

“I’m glad you came after me.”

“I never meant to hurt you like that. It’s just… You said you wanted to see Ethan, and then you said you didn’t want to spend the night with me. I can’t explain it… I felt like you were slipping away, and I just reverted back to my old ways of pain management.”

“You don’t have to explain anything to me. We never promised each other anything.”

“I know, but… I need you to know he didn’t mean anything to me. He was just a trick. I know you’ve heard rumors about my past, and I’ll admit I have a reputation as being a bad boy. I’ve slept with hundreds of men, and for a long time it was all about the conquest. The thrill of the chase. But recently, this last year, it hasn’t really been all that thrilling anymore. I was starting to feel like I was on autopilot. I was afraid that I’d eventually become that guy everyone whispers about behind his back. Laughing at me like I was just some old faggot who never had a life. Just some over the hill club kid, closer to their father’s age than theirs.”

“I don’t think you have to worry about that anytime soon.”

“Justin. I’m thirty-four years old. Before I met you, I was throwing myself into my work. Sometimes working seventy hours a week. I avoided spending time with my so-called best friend. Mostly because I no longer felt like we had anything in common, and it scared the hell out of me. Then I met you, and I started feeling things that I’ve never felt before. But all you could see was an asshole in designer clothes, with a huge ego.”

“Well, you were a total asshole with a huge ego. But you were also kind of sweet.”

“I’ve told you. I don’t do sweet.”

“Not with anyone else, but you do with me.”

“You’re such a twat.”

“You love me.”

“It’s true. I do.”

“Brian. What’s going to happen when we go back home?”

“What do you want to happen?”

“I want to build a life with you.”

“Good boy.”

Justin takes a deep breath, because he knows he needs to ask it.

“What about you? Are you still going to sleep around?”

“Justin. I’ll admit that I think it’s unnatural for men to be monogamous.”

“Oh. Right.”

“No. Please, try and understand. I’ve never been in a relationship before, but I do want this. I might fuck up. I might not get it right. But I promise I’ll always be honest, and I’ll always tell you if something happens. And even if something does happen, it doesn’t mean that I don’t love you, or that I want things to end with us.”

“Okay.”

“You don’t sound so sure?”

“I don’t know… I’ve only sleep with you, and you’ve slept with….. With everyone.”

“Exactly. And there may come a time when you may want to sleep with other men.”

“No. I don’t think so.”

“You don’t know that. But let’s cross that bridge when you get there. If it makes you feel more comfortable, we can share someone.”

“You mean like a ménage a trois?”

“Yeah. I think you might really enjoy it. When you’re ready.”

“And in the meantime?”

“I like the way things are between us. I’m not interested in sleeping with anyone else. Like I said, this is all new for me. New and exciting, and I don’t ever want to stop feeling this way. Because you’re right. I love you, Justin Taylor!”

“Oh God, Brian! I love you too!”

~~~

Michael’s court appointed attorney tried as hard as he could, but the judge stood firm. So, Michael is sentenced to serving his time over the weekends, from Friday afternoon at 5 pm until Monday morning at 8 am for at least twelve months, but no longer than eighteen months. Debbie is in court during his sentencing. She knows Michael’s in shock, he never expected the judge to rule against him. It’s the first time that anyone’s ever held him accountable. She’s not sure that it’s a bad thing. Maybe it’s just what he needs to get him to grow up, and start taking responsibility for his own life. To stop depending on Brian, and everyone else for once in his life.

~~~

It’s been raining all day, so we stayed in bed, ordered room service, tried out the whirlpool, and then fooled around some more. Once the storm breaks Brian and I decide to go for a walk. Brian carefully walks around each puddle, to avoid getting his designer shoes wet, while I dance around, trying to catch raindrops in my mouth, stomping in the puddles, and laughing hysterically.

“You and Gus are going to get along great.”

“Really? I sure hope so.”

“Oh, no doubt. You’re both so silly and playful. It’s like you’re still a kid.”

“You’re just too serious all the time.”

Brian grins. “Not all the time.”

“You just need to tap into your childhood, and recapture your youth.”

“I didn’t really have a happy, carefree childhood.”

“Oh. Right. Sorry.”

“No. Don’t be. It’s not your fault. I guess I’ll just have to let you and Gus teach me how to act like a loon.”

“You miss him, don’t you?”

“Yeah. I regret agreeing to let him move to Canada. They now make it impossible for me to see him.”

“Then let’s go. If they didn’t let him come to Pittsburgh, then we should go to Toronto.”

“Really? You’d leave Italy, and go to Canada with me?”

“Brian. I don’t care where we go, as long as I’m with you. You’re the only part of my vacation that I care about.”

Brian pulls me into his arms and kisses me. “You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me!”

“Let’s get something to eat before we head back and pack things up.”

Knowing Brian, I expected him to whisk me off to some exorbitantly priced restaurant. But he surprised me and we ended up at Pizzeria Ristorante Al Profeta.

Grinning, he says. “I figured you should have pizza from the motherland while we’re here, knowing how much you love pizza.”

I step up on tiptoes and wrap my arms around Brian’s neck to kiss him passionately. He really does know me pretty well, and he’s right. How could I leave Italy without having pizza?

“Oh God. I love melted cheese. This is the best pizza I’ve ever had.”

Brian’s smiling because he loves to watch Justin eat, as he again starts groaning at the taste of the delicious home-made pizza. He’s glad he impulsively decided to take a chance and fly to Italy to find Justin. This is the best vacation he’s ever had, and now they’re headed to Toronto. He can’t wait for Justin to meet Gus. Life is good, and he’s truly happy. They slept on and off on the long flight back, that seemed to take forever. It’s late when they land, so they check into a hotel downtown. They need to rest, and adjust to the time change. But it feels great to be back on this side of the pond.

The next morning, after renting a car, they pull up to the munchers’ house with a huge box of donuts, but no one seems to be home. Brian continues knocking, and calling out their names, while Justin peeks through the front window.

“Brian. Brian, I don’t think they live here anymore.”

“What?”

“Look, there’s no furniture in the living room.”

Brian shoves the pink box of donuts into his hands and squints, looking into the house.

“What the fuck is going on here?”

Seconds later he’s on the phone with Ted, who seems clueless to what’s happened in Toronto.

“Hold on, Brian. There seems to be a ruckus at Cynthia’s desk.”

“I told you. He’s not here!”

“Well someone’s in his office. I can see them sitting at his desk!”

Mel barges in, amazed as she looks around. She’s never seen Brian’s office before.

“So this is where the fate of men and women is decided!”

“Mel! What are you doing here?”

“We decided to come for a visit, since Brian couldn’t see Gus during his vacation.”

There is so much wrong with that statement that Ted decides not to even comment. Mel’s still taking in the size and expensive furniture in Brian’s office. She had no idea he was doing so well, considering he just opened up his advertising firm a year ago. With jealousy in her eyes, she turns and sprawls out on Brian’s supple leather sofa.

“Mel. What’s going on? I thought things were going great in Canada.”

“Oh, Ted. Moving to Toronto was a huge mistake. We never should have moved. It was nothing like I thought it would be.”

“I’m sorry to hear that. Why didn’t you just come home?”

“And give Brian the satisfaction of rubbing my failure in my face?”

“I doubt he would have done that. He would have been glad to have Gus back in the States.”

“Right! Because he’s now a devoted and loving father!”

“Yeah. He is! He just spent a fortune remodeling the loft so Gus would have his own bedroom. But then you wouldn’t allow him to come for his scheduled visit. You refused to listen to what was really going on. You chose to believe Michael’s jealous rant about some ridiculous break-in that only existed in his mind.”

“The loft wasn’t really broken into?”

“No! The contractors were there working, building Gus’s new bedroom. You refused to let him stay with Brian unless he had his own space, so he wouldn’t run into any of Brian’s tricks. Which I know would never happen, because he would never bring them around Gus to begin with!”

“I was just angry about how excited Gus was to see Brian. It’s like he’s this superhero in Gus’s eyes. He can’t see what a fucking whore Brian is.”

“He’s four years old, he doesn’t have any idea what a whore is, nor should he. I hope you don’t say things like that in front of him. I hope you’re a better parent than that.”

“Like you said, he doesn’t even know what it means.”

“What are you so angry about? Have you ever considered anger management classes, or psychotherapy?”

“Fuck you, Ted! I don’t need any psychobabble, and I couldn’t afford it if I did!”

“Okay, for the third time. Tell me what the fuck is going on?”

“Okay… When we got to Toronto, I found out that my law degree wasn’t valid. I needed to go back to school to learn about Canadian law. I couldn’t believe it, but of course it made sense when I thought about it. The current semester had already started, and there was a waiting list to get in.”

“Wow! You never checked that out before you moved?”

Mel just glares at him because she knows it was really stupid to not have researched it.

“I got a job as a paralegal in a prestigious law firm. They were impressed with my credentials and the cases I had won in Pittsburgh. They even offered to pay for my schooling, but the next school year didn’t start until the fall.”

“So, this September? Six weeks from now?”

“Yes. But in the meantime I wanted to impress them, show them that I was something special. I bought a new wardrobe, and dressed like I was already a partner. I resented feeling like my career was going backwards, and I wasn’t particularly nice to the other paralegals. I felt like I was above them, and I let them know it.”

“Mel. You had to know that was a really stupid thing to do. I mean, you being the new kid and all.”

“I know! I just couldn’t help myself. There was a lot of tension between them and me in the office, and instead of impressing the partners, they barely acknowledged me.”

“Again. Not the best idea.”

“I fucking know that! But you know me. I’m not used to not being the best at everything I do. Anyways, in the meantime Lindsay couldn’t find a job. She pulled a lot of shit with Sydney, being late and calling in sick, and thinking she was smarter than he was. So when he was called to give her a reference, it wasn’t what she had expected. She never got a call back for a second interview or offered a job.”

“Wow! That’s not good.”

“You know she has this attitude, growing up in the country club set, thinking she’s better than everyone. The only jobs she could get were waitressing, being a cashier, or receptionist. She wouldn’t have made enough money to cover Gus’s daycare, so she was a stay-at-home mom, which I just know she preferred, anyways.”

You can hear the resentment in Mel’s voice, and you just know that there’s trouble in their relationship again.

“Even with all the hardships, we were trying to make a go of it. But, we really depended on Brian’s check every month. We struggled along, and I was actually hopeful for our future. Then the car died. It was our only car, and it was going to cost more than it was worth to get it fixed. So I decided that we should just buy a new one. Lindsay wanted an SUV, being practical and everything. But, I figured that if I drove something more luxurious it would remind the partners that I was management material, and they would be impressed.”

“Christ, Mel! You already had financial problems. Why would you add on more debt?”

“I know! It was stupid! But my ego got the best of me. We could hardly make ends meet, and Lindsay resented me getting new shiny toys while she stayed home. She maxed out the charge cards on who knows what. Then we got behind on the rent, but I still felt like we were going to turn things around once I started school.”

“Rent? You didn’t buy a house?”

“No. We really didn’t have any money for the down payment.”

“What about all the money you got when you sold your house here in Pittsburgh?”

“Once we decided we wanted to move, we asked Jennifer to sell it quick. Which meant selling it for a lot less money. Then we had to pay off the second mortgage, and we only ended up getting thirty grand out of it.”

“That’s ridiculous. Why didn’t you just rent it out until you made sure things were going to work out in Toronto?”

“Because! I never thought that things would ever go so badly!”

“Okay. Sorry. I didn’t mean to upset you.”

“So things at work were stressful, and I wasn’t thinking. I was condescending to the other paralegals, and it got back to the partners, and I was put on notice. I didn’t know that one of the girls was the partner’s granddaughter. Then things just got worse from there.”

“God, Mel. I’m sorry things we’re so bad for you.”

“Here’s the worst part. I didn’t get accepted into the law program at school. I’m pretty sure it was because I was a foreigner, and I wasn’t a Canadian resident. Once the partners found out, they decided to let me go.”

“You got fired?”

“Yes, Ted! I got fired!”

“Sorry. I’m just shocked.”

“That’s one of the reasons we didn’t want Brian to come pick up Gus. We had started selling the furniture, and other household items to pay some of the bills. My Jag was repossessed, and we got an eviction notice for being ninety days late with the rent.”

Ted just shakes his head because he can’t believe what he’s hearing.

“You bought a Jaguar?”

Mel just glares at him, instead of answering him.

“That’s why we needed Gus’s child support payment so badly. I think we might have been able to figure something out, if Brian had just sent us the check. But no! He decided to be vindictive, and stop supporting his son!”

“Mel. That’s really not fair. Brian’s always taken care of Gus, it was you and Lindsay that misused the child support payments.”

“When did you start taking his side on everything?”

“I’m just pointing out the facts. I’m not taking sides.”

She takes a deep breath, and wipes away her tears.

“Being evicted was pretty much the end of everything, so we packed up our few possessions and drove back to Pittsburgh in a rented car.”

“I don’t even know what to say.”

“I’m thinking, maybe we could stay at the loft while Brian’s out of town. It would really help us out.”

Just then Brian’s loud voice booms from the phone speaker. “No! Fucking! Way!”

Both Ted and Mel’s eyes nearly pop out of their heads. Ted had completely forgotten that Brian was on speaker phone.

“What the fuck, Ted! You called Brian!”

“No. I mean, yes. What I mean is, I was already talking with him about the notes for a prospective new client. He was on speaker phone when you barged in here. I completely forgot about it while you were talking.”

“I can’t fucking believe you heard all that, Brian!”

“You were going to have to tell me anyways, and I doubt that you would have been so forthcoming.”

Furious, Mel grabs her purse and storms out of Brian’s office.

~~~

Mid Monday morning Michael takes the bus home, after spending his first weekend in jail. He still has his woe-is-me attitude when he comes into the house. He avoids the front door and chooses to use the back door, so he can go directly down the basement without having to talk with Debbie. He’s so grateful he has his own space, and he resents having to live here at all. Laying on his bed, he closes his eyes, holding back tears as he feels sorry for himself. Then he quickly sits up straight, as he hears loud feet stomping on the floor above, and then laughter coming from the kitchen.

“Ma! What the fuck is going on up here?”

“Uh-oh! You said a bad word. You have to put a dollar in the swear jar.”

“What’s Gus doing here?”

“Michael. Say hello to the girls.”

“What are you guys doing here? Did you come to visit Brian? Is Brian here? I need to see him first.”

“Michael. Why don’t you get washed up and the girls and I will fix some lunch.”

“No. I need to see Brian!”

“I’m pretty sure he’s still on vacation.”

“Then why are they here?”

“Stop being so rude, Michael. Mel, Lindsay and Gus are going to be staying here with us for a while.”

~~~

“Hey, come here. Don’t let all their bullshit stress you out.”

Brian comes over and sits next to Justin on the bed, who leans over and kisses him. Justin pushes Brian back, so he’s lying on top of him. Then he starts running kisses down his chin and neck. He slowly starts unbuttoning Brian’s shirt, as he continues kissing his way down his chest. He unzips his jeans, so Brian’s little pink head is poking out of his pants. Justin runs his tongue across his slit and captures the drops of precum in his mouth.

That’s all it took to make Brian forget all about the trouble back in Pittsburgh…

TBC…

Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for being patient with me while my computer crashed, and burned…

Thanks so much for taking the time to read my fic. I hope you enjoyed it! Hugs ~ Kathleen