- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The boy’s return to Pittsburgh trying to keep a low profile, and enjoy their privacy. But we all know that won’t last very long…


Title: My Rich, Arrogant Boyfriend…
Story Type: AU
Word Count: 4667
Warnings: Anti-Michael, Passion and Lust…
Beta Queen: Bigj52
Banner: Original banner by Weird Wacky World, updated banner by me.
Series: Rich, Arrogant… This is Part 2 of a 3 Part series.


Summary: Brian and Justin’s relationship has taken many twists and turns along the way, but they both want to find a way to move forward together. Will they be able to work things out, and accept each other’s needs, or will they go their separate ways?

Chapter Summary: The boy’s return to Pittsburgh trying to keep a low profile, and enjoy their privacy. But we all know that won’t last very long…

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended…


My Rich, Arrogant Boyfriend

Chapter Five ~ Amongst the Chaos

Brian’s POV
I awake to a warm body snuggled into my side with a mop of silky blond hair splayed across my chest. It wasn’t so long ago that the thought of waking up next to someone was unthinkable. But now it’s something I’m grateful for, he understands me unlike anyone else ever has. I’m actually happy, and this is a new feeling for me. I always thought that I was happy with the direction my life was headed. Now I realize I may have been content, but I didn’t have the excitement and enthusiasm that I have now. He gives me something I didn’t even know was missing, and he makes all the chaos back in Pittsburgh seem irrelevant.

Last night I felt like I needed to rush back home to take charge and make everything alrighty. But this morning I realize that I’m just prolonging their co-dependence on me. It’s not that I don’t care, but I no longer feel responsible to step in and fix everyone’s problems. It’s not healthy for me, and it’s definitely not healthy for them, although I’m sure they won’t see it that way. Hopefully in the long run they will realize that I’m doing them a favor, instead of abandoning them in their time of need. Just like Michael’s thirtieth birthday party, when I tried to give him a push in the right direction, although that didn’t exactly take, as he still expects me to come to his rescue.

I can feel my blond starting to wake, as he hugs my body and stretches his legs. I can feel the touch of his lips, and the swipe of this tongue, as he works his way down my body to my morning wood. He may have been a novice when we started this vacation, but the student has learned well from the master. I arch my back and lift myself up as he captures my hard-on between his lips.

“Oh! God! Justin!”

He hums, sending vibrations pulsating through my body.

“Yes! So good!”

My hands have found his golden locks, as I weave my fingers into his hair, directing his movements to give me greater pleasure. He increases the pressure as he takes me down his throat, and then I feel his slippery finger slide deep into my ass. Soon I’m panting, beads of perspiration forming on my forehead as he gently strokes my prostate. I try to hold on, to hold back, but the boy isn’t having that. His other hand softly caresses my balls, and I find myself falling over the edge. He continues sucking me until I’m totally spent. I lie back with my eyes closed, as my body tingles, consumed by my orgasm.

“Good morning.”

It takes me a minute to form a coherent response as I come down from my euphoric high.

“Unbelievable! What a perfect way to start our day.”

“My pleasure, Mr. Kinney.”

“I’m pretty sure it was my pleasure.”

Justin’s POV
After breakfast we packed up to leave, but instead of returning to Pittsburgh we take a scenic detour across Canada. We had cut our European vacation short to visit Gus, so now we’re headed to the East Coast. We start in Maine and work our way down the coast, indulging in lobster, crab and shrimp. We stop at almost every lighthouse along the way. I take pictures of all the sites. I’m planning on doing a series of paintings based on our journey. We go to art museums, and a shipwreck museum. We visit lots of historic sites, and walk the Freedom Trail. We visit Plymouth Rock, and see a replica of the Mayflower. We even follow the route Paul Revere took that fateful night.

It turns out that Brian is a bit of a history buff. It’s one of those things that he enjoyed reading about, sequestered away in his bedroom as a kid. He said the only Christmas present he ever really loved was a set of Encyclopedia Britannicas. He’s read them cover to cover, escaping into a world that sparked his imagination, and filled his head with knowledge and facts. He’s always surprising me with how much he knows. He’s so much more than a pretty face with a big cock, I mean ego. You’d never know it if you didn’t take the time to get to really know him, although I doubt he rarely lets people in. He’s been hurt and disappointed so much in his life that he has a tendency to close everyone out. To never let anyone see the real man behind the mask.

We’re having such a great time together. We’re really getting to know each other, and I can’t help falling hopelessly in love with him. I’ve never felt this close to anyone before. I know things are moving fast between us, but I’ve never felt so sure of anything like I do about our relationship.

Brian’s POV
The closer we get to Pittsburgh the more I keep replaying Melanie’s rant over and over in my head. I know it’s been a few weeks, and hopefully Mel and Lindsay have worked a few things out on their own. Lindsay’s left me a dozen messages, but nothing urgent. Well, at least nothing concerning Gus, so I haven’t called her back yet. Like I said, I’m trying to break all the co-dependency issues my so-called best friends have with me. Michael has also left me dozens of messages, but those I didn’t even bother to listen to.

By the time we arrive in Pittsburgh I have a headache, and Justin’s starving. Big surprise there. We end up at the diner, because it’s fast and easy. I’m sitting in a booth when Emmett and Daphne come in. They see me and come over to say hi.

“Brian! You’re back in town?”

“Yes. Back in glorious Pittsburgh.”

Daphne puts on her most sympathetic face. “Brian. I don’t know how to tell you this, but Justin has a new boyfriend.”

“Really? That’s pretty fast. Between our booth and the bathroom? I know its dinner time, and the place is packed with fags. But still…”

Just then Justin scoots into the booth next to Brian, as Emmett and Daphne sit across from them.

“Justin. You’re here with Brian.”

“Yeah. It’s good to be home. We had a great vacation.

“You guys were on vacation together?”

“Yep. Brian surprised me in Florence.”

“So. Brian’s, Brian?”

“Who else would I be?”

“I thought you said your new boyfriend was some devastatingly handsome Irish guy.”

“He is. Don’t you think?”

“Aww. Thanks.”

Brian leans over and kisses Justin. Looking on, Em and Daphne start to blush, and look away as the kiss just keeps going on and on.

“So. You two, are like, together?”

“Yes, Em. Cupid’s arrow has finally penetrated my heart.”

“Oh, my God! Brian Kinney’s in love!”

Normally Brian would be glaring at Emmett, and threatening him with his life. But he’s just sitting there with his arm around Justin’s shoulders, smiling, not the least bit bothered by all the stares coming from everyone in the restaurant.

“Oh my Lord! The world is coming to an end!”

“Justin! I can’t believe you let me believe you found someone new.”

“I told you it wasn’t what you thought, but you wouldn’t listen to me.”

“Well. You didn’t try very hard. But I forgive you.”

Emmett claps. “This is so great! I’m so happy for you two!”

“Careful there, Em. You might wet your pants.”

“Oh my God! You have no idea what’s been happening since you’ve been gone.”

It’s just like Em to want to be the first one to catch them up on all the gossip.

“First of all there was that video, starring none other than our very own Ms. Bad Ass Daphne.”

“Oh my God! That was perfect! I couldn’t believe you did that!”

Brian high fives her, as they all laugh. What they didn’t know was Michael was standing in the doorway to the kitchen, and hears them making fun of him. He’s shocked to learn that it was Justin’s little fag hag who shamed him, and made him the joke of the Avenue.

“Now everyone is calling him Stinky Novotny. Although I doubt he knows it. He barely shows his face around here these days.”

“My brother, Jamal said that it has over fifteen thousand likes on Twitter, it’s totally gone viral.”

Emmett bounces in his seat. “You go, girl!”

Michael’s face turns bright red. He’s embarrassed that there’s a video on Twitter and ashamed that it’s made the rounds on the Avenue, and the worst part is that it was a chick who did this to him. He runs out the back door not wanting anyone to see him, as he plots revenge on that little bitch.

“I heard that Todd has finally found the man of his dreams. You barely see him in the back room these days.”

“Oh no. Now who’s going to be the personal greeter for the back room.”

Laughing hysterically, Emmett says, “I’ve always thought of him as the Maître D’ of the Den of Iniquity.”

“Oh my God! You are so bad!”

Daphne can’t help asking. “What is the backroom?”

“Oh, Girl… It’s a guy thing.”

“Correction. It’s a gay guy thing.”

“Of course it is, Brian.”

“I’m totally confused.”

“It’s like a gentlemen’s club. No women allowed.”

Justin’s face is starting to turn red, as he blushes. “Just let it go, Daphne.”

“Are you blushing? Oh my God! You’re embarrassed!”

Justin ducks his head under Brian’s arm that’s still around his shoulder.

“Okay. Moving on.”

“Oh! You don’t know! The girls are back in town!”

“Imagine that!”

“Oh, Brian. Things went really wrong in Toronto. Lindsay won’t talk about it, and Mel just glares at you if you ask any questions.”

“So, where are they staying? In a motel?”

“No! With Debbie! Can you imagine living in that house with Deb, Michael, Lindsay, Melanie and Gus?”

Brian wants to feel sorry for them, but he just can’t. He’s still so pissed about how foolish they’ve been acting.

“Poor Debbie. She was used to living alone. Now she has four extra people living there, and only one bathroom. I’d have to kill them all in their sleep.”

“Are you going to help them out? They’ve really dug themselves into a hole.”

“More like a bottomless pit. Do you think I should bail them out?”

Emmett looks down, thinking about it. Everyone just assumes that Brian will always foot the bill, and make everything right in the universe.

“Maybe not. I mean, I know they expect you to. But how many times can you drink from the well before it goes dry?”

“My thoughts exactly. I’ve already cut Michael off for his foolish behavior, and acting like a child. But Mel! She’s always ranting about being independent, and not needing any help. She insists that it’s all Lindsay’s idea to ask for a handout.”

“Try not to let this upset you. They’re adults and they need to figure this out on their own.”

Brian leans over and kisses Justin, thankful for all his support. He knows it’s unlikely that the others will understand his need to let them fend for themselves.

Justin asks. “How many bedrooms does she have?”

“Three. But Michael is now staying in the basement.”

Justin can’t help laughing. “That sounds like the making of the Unabomber. Living in his mother’s basement, plotting his evil revenge.”

“You have no idea how close to reality that is.”

“Does he have a job yet?”

“You weren’t here. He started a doggie daycare. But that only lasted one day. When Deb got home from work, she totally freaked out. I wouldn’t doubt that she’s probably grounded him. Well, no probably not, she’ll want some space.”

“God! I’m so glad I’ve missed all the chaos of the last few weeks. I have a headache just thinking about it.”

Justin says. “I’m exhausted. I need sleep.”

Brian nuzzles Justin’s neck. “Let’s get you home. We need to christen the bed.”

They decided last week to have Ted meet the delivery guy at the loft. The furniture store called to schedule the delivery of Justin’s bed, and they decided they wanted it at the loft. Brian didn’t want Justin sleeping on a mattress he’s shared with so many others. Justin doesn’t really want to stay with his mom anymore, now that Brian and him are a couple. He’s now reconsidering his plans for his business, and how he wants to remodel the building.

Once they make it back to the loft, Justin jokes. “What a fucking nightmare. Do you think we can just hide in the loft and pretend that we’re still on vacation?”

“I like the way you think but probably not for long. Maybe for the next few days though.”

~~~

The tension is thick at Deb’s house. Michael just ran downstairs looking like he’s about to start crying. Mel is on the phone, contacting everyone she can think of to see if they might have an opening at their law firms. Lindsay is playing Suzie Homemaker, complete with an old apron of Deb’s from the 60s. She’s roasting a chicken for dinner, and just like a good housewife she keeps interrupting Mel, asking if she wants baked or mashed potatoes. Should she make biscuits? Does Mel want gravy with them? Her nagging is driving Mel crazy, and all she really wants is to run out of the house screaming.

“I don’t care what the fuck you cook! Can’t you make a fucking decision on your own?”

Lindsay bursts out crying. “I just want to make you happy, but everything I do is wrong!”

“Just stop nagging me! I’m trying to find a job, and no one’s even taking my calls!”

Just then there’s a knock on the door, and Mel is served a legal paper. Soon she’s ready to explode, as she reads the documents.

“That motherfucking bastard! He’s suing us for custody! I can’t believe this! He thinks he can take my son away from me! He has another thing coming! There’s no way a judge will give him equal custody. Just look at his lifestyle!”

“Mel! Calm down. Brian would never try and take Gus away from us.”

“Well, he is! We have to be in court in two days!”

“There must be some mistake. Brian just wouldn’t do that!”

“Where’s the wine! I need a drink! Doesn’t Deb having anything stronger?”

“Mel. You drank most of Brian’s whiskey last night. Besides, don’t you think it’s a little early to start drinking?”

“Give me the fucking bottle!”

“Mel! You’re acting like a lunatic! Just stop!

“Stop telling me what to do! Christ! I’m so sick of you riding my ass!”

“Mel. Please. The neighbors can hear you.”

“Oh, shove your high and mighty country club manners! I don’t care if they hear me! I’m fucking pissed and I’m not going to put up with this bullshit! I hate that fucking whore!”

Mel’s face is bright red, and she doesn’t look so good. She starts wobbling, feeling faint and then she crumbles to the floor.

“Mel! Mel, are you alright!”

Hearing the loud crash Michael runs up the stairs. Both he and Lindsay are kneeling over Mel, having no idea what to do.

“Is she breathing?”

“I don’t know? Do you think she’s unconscious?”

“I don’t know? What should we do?”

“Maybe we should call an ambulance?”

“Oh, I don’t know. What will the neighbors think?”

“You’re worried about the neighbors? Your wife might be dying!”

There’s a loud knock on the door. Michael answers it, surprised to see two policemen standing there.

“We’ve had a complaint of a disturbance at this address.”

“Oh, thank God you’re here. She’s right over there on the floor.”

One of the officers checks her vital signs, while the other one calls 911.

There’s a huge bump on the back of her head, and she’s unconscious.

“What happened here? Which one of you hit her?”

“No. She did it to herself. What I mean is, she collapsed and fell to the floor.”

While one of the officers tends to Mel, the other keeps questioning Lindsay and Michael.

“What were you fighting about?”

“Nothing. It was just a misunderstanding.”

“Hmmm. I’m going to have to take you in for questioning.”

The paramedics arrive and soon Mel is on her way to the hospital. Lindsay wants to go with her, and Michael is freaked out about having to care for Gus. Gus is crying, and Michael just wants to hide in the basement.

“Can your husband come and watch your son?”

“Oh. Brian’s out of town right now.”

“He’s not your husband!”

“Michael. Please, not right now!”

“He’s not her husband! If he’s going to be anyone’s husband it’s me!”

“Michael. I returned to Pittsburgh so Brian and I could have another baby!”

“No way! I won’t allow it! He’s mine!”

“Whose husband is he?

They both yell ‘mine’!

“She’s a liar!”

“He’s delusional!”

Lindsay lunges at Michael, grabbing him by the throat. “Brian loves me! I’m his wife!”

The police pull Lindsay off Michael and proceed to handcuff her.

Michael’s still yelling. “I’m the one he wants! Always has, always will!”

The two officers look at each other, agreeing that they both seem to be crazy, and might need a psychiatric evaluation.

“Is there anyone we can call to watch your son?”

“Ah, yes. Please call Ted Schmidt at Kinnetik. He’ll be able to contact my husband.”

Michael looks like he’s going to attack Lindsay, as he shouts, “He’s not your fucking husband!”

They decide to handcuff Michael as well. One of the officers makes the call, while the other officer escorts Lindsay and Michael to his patrol car.

An hour later Teddy is calling Brian for the third time in fifteen minutes, praying that he’ll finally pick up.

Justin groans as Brian slides out of him, he stands and storms over to answer to the intercom.

Panting, as he tries to catch his breath he answers, “Jesus Christ, Theodore! Kinnetik better be on fire!”

“You have a visitor, and can you buzz us in?”

“I’m a little busy right now!”

“Sorry, Bri. But you’ll have to change your plans.”

“Daddy! I’ve missed you!”

“Gus is here?”

“Yes daddy. Your son is here.”

“What? Really? How?

“It’s a long story.”

“Okay.”

“Ah… Can you take him up the street for an ice cream cone, while I take a shower? Then you can tell me everything when you get back.”

“Ice cream! Yes! Uncle Teddy, I want ice cream!”

“You got it, Bri. Fifteen minutes.”

~~~

Debbie’s walking towards the house when she sees smoke billowing out the windows of her house. She runs up to the firemen, asking them what’s happening.

“Ma’m. You can’t go in there. It’s not safe.”

She’s crying, as everything she owns is in the house. And what about Michael, Gus and the girls? Ten minutes later they come out and tell her it was just a stove fire. Then they reprimand her for leaving the house with her dinner cooking in the oven, as well as chastising her for not having batteries in her smoke alarms. They tell her she should be grateful that the neighbors called 911 as soon as they saw smoke. Otherwise if the fire had grown larger, her gas range might have exploded and her house would be destroyed.

Being in shock she just nods, and agrees to replace her smoke alarms with new ones that also have carbon monoxide detectors. One of the firemen tells her she can’t go into the house because there’s too much smoke damage and it isn’t safe. Shaking, she calls Ted, thinking Brian’s still out of town. Ted is just cleaning up all the ice cream covering Gus’s face when his phone rings.

Debbie’s crying hysterically, barely able to tell him that there was a fire at the house, and she doesn’t know where Michael, Lindsay, Mel or Gus are. He groans, regretting that he has to be the one to tell her what’s going on. He decides it’s best if he tells them all together. Debbie’s sitting on a neighbor’s porch, drinking iced tea when Ted and Brian arrive. Gus stayed at the loft with Justin, so he wouldn’t get upset when he saw the smoke scorched house.

“Brian! Teddy! Mrs. Jacobs says that an ambulance took someone away. I think it was Melanie. Then the police took Michael, and a blond, obviously Lindsay, away in handcuffs twenty minutes later!”

“Come on. Let’s go someplace where we can talk in private.”

“What’s going on? Where’s Gus?”

“Gus is fine. He’s at the loft with Justin.”

“I know those three have been acting like children, but being arrested, and hospitalized, let alone almost burning down my house. I just don’t know what to make of all this.”

They go to Kinnetik and sit in Brian’s office, where he pours them all a glass of Beam.

Ted starts with, “I talked with the police and it looks like there was a fight, and Mel was struck in the head. She’s at the hospital with a concussion, and some scrapes and bruises. They’re going to keep her for observation overnight, then the police want to question her once she’s coherent.”

“It seems that when the police started questioning Lindsay and Michael, they couldn’t seem to explain what happened. They were acting suspicious, and the police were going to take them in for questioning at the police station. But then they both started arguing, and the more they talked the less sense they were making. So they’re also at the hospital in the psych ward for a seventy-two hour evaluation.”

Deb starts to freak out. Brian sits in front of her, taking her hands in his to help calm her down.

“Deb, everything’s going to be alright. They’re all where they need to be in the hospital, getting the care they need.”

“Can I go and see Michael? He’s probably scared and confused.”

“Okay. Let’s go and see if they’ll let us talk to them.”

This is the last thing Brian wants to do. But he knows that Debbie expects him to use his influence so she can see Michael and Lindsay.

~~~

Ted didn’t really explain anything when he returned with Gus, after having ice cream cones at the Liberty Dairy. He just said that Brian needed to go with him. That something has happened with his makeshift family. He and Gus spend the afternoon, playing with all of Gus’s new toys. He seems oblivious to all the chaos going on around him. He loves his little leather sofa, he even curls up and takes a nap at one point. Justin assumes he’s crashed from his sugar high. When he wakes up Justin makes them tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner. He humors Gus by letting them eat at his miniature table and chairs. It’s starting to get dark outside, and Justin can’t help wondering where Brian is, and what’s going on.

He remembers they bought a box set of Disney movies when they were shopping. So he gets Gus settled down on the sofa and they watch Cinderella. Justin loves how comfortable Gus is with him. He was worried that Gus might get fussy, or even start crying when Brian didn’t return after a couple of hours. But he seemed happy just hanging out with Justin. Gus struggles to keep his eyes open as Justin strokes his soft hair, and eventually falls asleep on Justin’s lap.

~~~

Debbie’s now crying after waiting forever to hear any word on Michael. Ted tries to calm her down while Brian struggles to keep from bolting out the door. There’s just something creepy about being in the psych ward, and all the weird noises echoing out to the waiting room. Finally someone approaches them with a clipboard in hand, and lots of paperwork to complete.

“Mr. Kinney?”

Brian just stares at them, wondering why they’re asking for him. Shouldn’t they be speaking to Debbie?

“Are you Mr. Kinney?”

“Yes.”

“I have some questions for you concerning your wife, Lindsay Kinney.”

“My what? Who?”

“Your wife, sir. Do you know how many weeks pregnant she is?”

“WHAT!”

“We need to know so we don’t give her any medication that will affect your unborn child.”

“Back up! First of all, I’m not married! And I’m certainly not the father of any baby! I’m a fucking fag, for Christ’s sake!”

“Oh. Then what Michael Novotny said is true? He’s your fiancé?”

“No! He most certainly is not my fiancé!”

She looks at Brian, at all the rage and anger pouring off him. She wonders if maybe he should be joining his spouses/fiancé down the hall.

“There’s no reason to get upset, Mr. Kinney. Would you like to speak with an analyst? Maybe he can help you understand the situation better.”

“No, I don’t want to speak with a shrink! Whatever answers you need, you need to ask Debbie Novotny or Melanie Marcus! I’m not responsible for either of their medical proxies.”

“Mr. Kinney. Do you think it’s really a good idea for you to be leaving the hospital in your condition?”

“My condition?”

Brian just stares at the nurse, ready to bite her head off. Then he thinks better of it, not wanting to be admitted himself.

“Deb, Ted. I trust you two can handle it from here.”

“Brian, no. Please don’t leave.”

“Like I told Nurse Ratched. I’m not responsible for either Michael or Lindsay. Now I’m going to check on Melanie. Maybe she has an explanation about what the fuck is going on!”

~~~

“Sir, it’s past visiting hours. I’m afraid you’ll have to come back in the morning.”

“Can I at least speak to her doctor?”

“It’s late. Don’t you think it would be better to come back tomorrow?”

“Can you please page the doctor on call? Now!”

~~~

It’s after midnight when Brian gets home. He can’t help the smile that spreads across his face when he sees his boys curled up together on the sofa. Tapping into his inner lesbian he snaps a few pics on his phone, thinking this is his new family. Leaning down, he kisses Justin’s lips as his eyes flutter open, happy to see Brian’s home.

Carefully sliding out from under Gus, Justin stands up on his tiptoes to kiss Brian, letting him know that he’s been missed.

“I hope he wasn’t too much trouble?”

“No, he was a perfect angel. We had a great time getting to know one another. He’s a great kid, and he’s so much like you it’s incredible.”

“He is, isn’t he?”

“So, everything okay now?”

“Hardly. But let’s talk about it in the morning. I’m exhausted, and I could use your magical touch.”

TBC…